Send Topic Print
Over size Tank (Read 1937 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Over size Tank
Reply #135 - 02/21/17 at 08:06:29

All set up to run away from home. Looks great.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #136 - 02/21/17 at 09:31:17

WooooBuddy !

I want to put a tarp roll over the sleeping bag for insurance and take it for a spin !  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #137 - 02/21/17 at 09:50:49

I got me a waterproof ARMY laundry bag for that duty, but I wanted the picture to show pure soft  barcalounger comfort to the maximum degree possible ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #138 - 02/21/17 at 10:16:23

That will work too . Smiley

I took my 3.5 gal. out for a ride yesterday ... no leaks ,no drips , no errors  Wink.     Also filled the tank up and will see how many Km I get before reserve , it may be Thursday - 76 and sunny is predicted ...  Smiley

I normally get 50+ mpg.  on either machine.

Kent got him-self a old Harley Sportster 1200 ,  its the first non-semi-sportbike he's had in 20+ years.    He said , "he's trying to slow down a little" ....  Roll Eyes  .    Its got a long front end , so maybe he will ease it down a little.   I suspect the barcalouger will have you being a little more careful flinging around those corners too.   We might get folks wanting to ride with us again .  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #139 - 02/21/17 at 11:17:38

I can stand to slow down some, I do believe -- mebbe down somewhere near the speed limit even.

Yeah, I can see a different sort of trip coming in the future -- all kicked back in my barcalounger jest a watching the scenery flow on past .....

If you get Kent and your errant nephew to go to Santeetlah with us that would make 4 of us and we could rent us a cabin and not have to haul the world with us.   I do want to rent Cabin #2 for at least one night just to see what it really really really is like -- no substitute for actually doing it for learning the reality of it.

Got an answer for the "sleep on the ground on the airbed, now I need to get up" problem --- I got room on the barcalounger to carry a half axe laying next to the tent.    

A half axe (inside its cover) also passes for a temporary crutch when you need to get yourself up in the morning.   Passes for a personal defense item too, people expect campers to have a hatchet or an axe so they don't go put you in jail for it.  

Vikings flat out liked the axe, they did ....

Plus it is good for cutting firewood too (don't have to bend over near as much, sit in the camp chair and chop away in comfort).   I also got the camp chair that I will be sitting in at camp, that also makes another good get up tool for levering yourself back up in the mornings.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #140 - 02/21/17 at 21:02:24

Hay ,  at $35.oo we can rent the cabin anyway.   two night , three day ride ?  through the week  when we have the place to our-self's , it would be nice to get a few more riders to join in .

That wayward nephew just bought his first house and is working 60 hrs a week as a welder.   My brother wouldn't let him buy the " Dream Bike " while living at home might have been part of the getting his own house ??  Roll Eyes
I think his hair is still on fire when he rides ...  Grin

Don't know about Kent , He's visiting here this weekend --- I'll pick his brain about the area .  Wink

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #141 - 02/22/17 at 19:20:22

MM, you might be neglecting the travel time days and I think you are mebbe thinking and describing a 4-5 day round trip.  

Break it out your wish trip from arriving on Sunday afternoon, April 23 and plugging in what you want to do day by day and lets see what sort of trip you are really thinking about.

Meanwhile, I will see about getting a cabin reserved for that first night on April 23 and a follow up night on the 24th which will give us a concrete meeting up place and time.   Need to do this now as the cabins disappear quickly .....

Reservation is done.   The cabins are BEAUTIFUL inside, all natural wood was used to build the walls and bedframes -- bet it smells good in there.

« Last Edit: 02/24/17 at 09:14:35 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #142 - 02/22/17 at 21:02:01

O-K partner !  

I'm in for one nights rent and a Three Day Ride !

If it looks like I might be able to stay an extra day or two I'll bring a tent and cot.   Smiley

Thanks for setting things up for us.   Now that the work is done and the cabin a done deal , anybody can join in !

I went for a ride today :
At about 140 km , I thought I'd run out on the main tank ... Thats only about 90 miles ...  Well , after switching to reserve it only helped for a few miles....  Huh ....    I sputtered on to a gas station only to find it was far from out of gas .   After letting it sit for a minute the carb filled up and it ran fine .   So , after I got home I drained it and the filter (standard Raptor) inside the tank was the problem.   I've cleaned it and will try it again tomorrow .      Seems the tank had  coating of fine-rust in it.    I'm thinking sea foam . Wink

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #143 - 02/22/17 at 21:20:25

Sorry, I'm already engaged in a 5 day ride.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #144 - 02/22/17 at 21:32:58

Versey ,  where ya headed in April ?   Huh

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #145 - 02/22/17 at 21:38:15

lancers... aren't you?

oops that's in may.

I'm currently involved in a marathon 25 mile boogie, party then boogie back.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #146 - 02/22/17 at 22:19:10

Roll Eyes

ya had me going for a couple heart beats (big ones ) .    Shocked

May 21st-27th , Lancers !  Wink

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #147 - 02/23/17 at 18:05:56

Drove at night tonight and the blue indicator was Soooo-bright ..its blinding.  I wouldn't recommend that speedo to anybody.   Plus it only has one turn indicator ....
I'm getting a different one .  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182346866230?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=...

or  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122238531212?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=...

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #148 - 02/24/17 at 03:01:57

MM....the blue LED's are incredibly bright and blinding.  The good news is that you can put a resistor in the wire that sends the juice to the indicator light....and make it dimmer.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #149 - 02/24/17 at 06:56:02

That is a very good idea !   Resistor in line ...  

If it were not for the needing two turn indicators I'd do that .  

I'd thought about putting a pair of diodes in line with the turn wires and putting them both on the same light.   Roll Eyes

It might be easier to go with a different instrument ?   I ordered the one made for the Honda Rebel ...

but :

Then there is plan "B" ,  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 03:38:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › Over size Tank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.