Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Over size Tank
Reply #150 - 02/24/17 at 07:22:24

Diode kits are about $ 8.50 with shipping.  Ou could make one if you can find a Radio shack around.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BikeMaster-HO002001-Turn-Signal-Diode-Kit-26-6288-/23...

I can send you a resistor....I bought a pack of them online for a few bucks and got a hundred of them......I only used one when I had to dim the blue light on my Cafe' bike.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #151 - 02/24/17 at 22:16:44

I guess we are lucky to have a Radio-Shack in the next town over .

If the next speedometer has the same problem I'm going for the resistor !  Huh

when I had to dim the blue light on my Cafe' bike.

must be a bunch of those Bright Blue's out there !    Grin

I wouldn't miss the bright indicator or the neutral indicator either but the turn signal indicators I miss.  Smiley

Don't get rid of the extra resistors yet ... the next speedometer should be here in a week or so !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #152 - 02/25/17 at 02:57:16

For some reason....don't know if it is the properties of the LED or how our eyes perceive the color - but the blue LED is piercingly bright.  I bought a set of 4 LED's to use for the indicator lights - 2 yellow for turn signals, green for the neutral, blue for the high beam.  They all had tiny resistors in the wiring when they were built - but the blue one is so much brighter than all the rest.....it was blindingly bright.

And don't buy any resistors as I can send you all that you need.  I looked and my eBay purchase was for 500 resistors for something like $4 shipped.....I have 499 left!

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #153 - 02/25/17 at 18:19:33

With LEDs, sometimes it's not how bright they are but how the "lens" is focused. They can vary from pinpoint beam to a very wide beam. The same intensity spread out over a larger area is not so bright. You have to study the specs on the LED to figure out how it's going to perform.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #154 - 02/25/17 at 19:51:44

Sand the end at least so it's frosted.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #155 - 02/25/17 at 21:05:23

Dave , I'll mount the Honda Rebel Speedometer and if its having a similar problem :
Then I'd like to help ya with that "to many resistors problem "  Grin

It might be fun to ride up to your place to get it , enjoy some of that Best BBQ , then camp over and ride back the next day  ?  

Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #156 - 02/26/17 at 03:35:29

Kris01 wrote on 02/25/17 at 18:19:33:
With LEDs, sometimes it's not how bright they are but how the "lens" is focused.

The weird part for me....is that I bought indicator lights that were identical, except for the color.  They are same small bulb with a plastic ring to snap them into a hole.  The blue was far more intense then the other colors.  The black shrink wrap on the green wires is the place where they have a resistor from the factory to step down the 12V for the LED....but I had to add an additional resistor to get the blue one down to a brightness similar to the others.

LED.JPG

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #157 - 02/26/17 at 10:08:29

Guess what I finished up?   I gave my sleeping bag a wash, wrapped it up with the air bed and a pillow all inside the blue ground cover tarp and propped it up with my "get up off the ground" half axe crutch ---- after putting a fresh new fighting edge on the half axe (a fighting edge, sharp enough to shave hair off your arm or cut you a bit in casual handling).

IMG_20170226_130231917.jpg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #158 - 02/26/17 at 13:15:46

Guess what I finished up?   I gave my sleeping bag a wash, wrapped it up with the air bed and a pillow all inside the blue ground cover tarp and propped it up with my "get up off the ground" half axe crutch

That looks like a smaller package than my cot and sleeping bag rig , and I use an inflatable pillow to save room !  ...

I might have to go looking for those little LED light holders , that looks neat !  

Smiley

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #159 - 02/26/17 at 13:23:21

Speaking of blue LED lights, here is a $11 handlebar volt meter and USB port (bought mine off of Amazon, once you pick a $30 one and then go look at the Other Items at the bottom of the next page to go find the one that doesn't cost $30).

Or just go to Ebay directly -- same difference.    But you gotta go direct all the way to China to get the $11 one.    3-4 weeks delivery time, but it saves you $20.

Me, I like knowing my charging system is really working correctly as the opposite condition can flat ruin your day when you are far far far from home .....

IMG_20170226_161215319_HDR.jpg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #160 - 02/26/17 at 13:26:52

Backing up a little bit so you can see my new Cell Phone Holder with the Garage Door Opener Control box jest a sitting in it like it was all built on purpose to hold it when I'm not going on long trips.

Long trips, the garage door controller moves to the saddle bags and my cell phone shines out a Google Maps route for me to follow, complete with ear bud verbal instructions for when you are too busy with dodging cagers to focus on the tiny screen.

And yes, the garage door opener actually has a safety line in case a pothole bump gets to it .....   I do the same trick with my cell phone and it HAS saved my butt at least once !!

IMG_20170226_161240005.jpg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #161 - 03/06/17 at 16:10:55

On the Savage the 1 gallon adder tank worked out so well I ordered a 2.6 gallon adder tank to replace it, bringing my Savage up to a 5.2 gallon total capacity.   The new rectangular Barritainer Jerry Can (natural semi-clear 2.6 gallon gas tank) is 10 days out from delivery and the start of modifications for fitting to the luggage rack of my Savage.   Cost is the same as the old 1 gallon tankage and the same sorts of hold downs and locator features will be used as was developed for the one gallon tank.

Something new to this newest installation is a petcock on the plastic tank itself which means both the inline and the tank petcock can be turned off so a loaded gas tank may be easily removed from the bike with no leakage.  

Plus I like having the tank filter there to keep the misc. trash out of the main fuel lines and main fuel filter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KTX75C8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #162 - 03/07/17 at 03:32:14

It seems that Oldfeller is in a "farkle frenzy"! Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #163 - 03/07/17 at 04:02:33

Wife says I am just finding things to do -- when the grass starts growing I'll mess with it and paint the house some, etc.

Winter is for fixing bikes though ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #164 - 03/07/17 at 04:04:30

Wife says I am just finding things to do -- when the grass starts growing I'll mess with it and paint the house some, etc.

Winter is for fixing bikes though ....  

(had to look up Farkel Frenzy, never played it as a kid)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 02:01:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Over size Tank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.