YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Over size Tank
Reply #165 - 03/07/17 at 04:52:26

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/07/17 at 04:04:30:
(had to look up Farkel Frenzy, never played it as a kid)

I didn't know there was a game called that.

Perhaps I should have said "Farkle Fetish"!  (Don't google that or you may end up with some NSFW images).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #166 - 03/07/17 at 05:09:05

Whooo .... farkle splats

MM's got 3.5 gallons, OK so now I gots 5.4 Savage gallons available to me but I still got to stop to pee every two hours.     Fwerrrp !!!

Savage is so light it gets wind shifted going down a 65mph highway and the constant buffeting from the wind is enough to tire you out a bit after 4 hours or so.

Makes you appreciate the finer points of laying back all relaxed on your Barcalounger .....  ya got enough mass and wheel base to be all steady like on the interstate.   And boy, does that big arsed windshield flat spoil you to it ASAP, all quick like.    And that throttle lock is another ASAP spoiler trick, too.  

Wink    ...... I actually kinda like having the bottle holder, too.

« Last Edit: 03/27/17 at 20:10:37 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #167 - 03/08/17 at 21:14:36

Makes you appreciate the finer points of laying back all relaxed on your Barcalounger .....  ya got enough mass and wheel base to be all steady like on the interstate.   And boy, does that big arsed windshield flat spoil you to it ASAP, all quick like.    And that throttle lock is another ASAP spoiler trick, too.  

Wink    ...... I actually kinda like having the bottle holder, too.

I went to check out the Barnwell State Park in SC yesterday.   There were two fellers at "Gods Acre" when I went by there , so I asked them about camping in the area.  They told me about Barnwell Park , and added a word of advice about "NOT CAMPING BY THE WATER" , because of Alligators ...  Huh

I really had to check it out then ...  Roll Eyes ...  

The camping area is really nice , the bath house is nice and cleaner than any others we have stayed at except the big one up on the hill at the Dragon , they are about equal in "nice-ness"  but Barnwell is geared for two where Dragon is geared for four.    O-yea , there ain't no way an alligator would be in the camping area , but there may be some down by the lake.    Camping fees are $18.oo per camp site and the two-bedroom cabins are $57.oo/night.   Cabins have , Kitchen , Living room (w/40"TV, couch , two big chairs), in cabin bath rooms , and outdoors fire pit w/lawn furniture for four.  

« Last Edit: 03/10/17 at 21:33:42 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #168 - 03/21/17 at 08:33:20

Old Feller,

Do you remember the part number that you used to order the cable for the speedometer?

Kenny G

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #169 - 03/21/17 at 21:26:20

Kenny

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=...

-------------------------------

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=...

This is the one I used but I got to tell ya ... its about 3-4 " longer than perfect .

I've got the new style tall risers (2005) . and I mounted the speedo to the underside of the handlebar clamp by drilling and tapping a 3/8 bolt in the the bottom of the handlebar clamp.   so , the speedo is above and slightly forward of the handlebar.  

0316172017.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #170 - 03/21/17 at 21:46:57

MM,

Thanks for the information on the cable. I was able to get one from Ron Ayers after I had the correct part number.

Did you find a way to route the cable that absorbed the extra 3 or 4"?

Kenny G

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #171 - 03/21/17 at 22:18:16

Just let the extra be its-self ... There ain't no taming those things anyway . Wink

I have an area behind the windshield with a cargo net for hauling groceries .   Sometimes the extra cable argues with the groceries .  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 02:14:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › Over size Tank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.