Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #930 - 07/11/12 at 19:38:54

Savage_Rob wrote on 07/11/12 at 08:53:13:
Gyrobob wrote on 07/10/12 at 14:53:32:
Same thing with wheat.  Yes, some folks can tolerate it better than others, but EVERYONE is healthier without it.[/size]

I understand what you're trying to say but it's not strictly true. As it stands currently, a large percentage of the planet's population relies on wheat rations just to stay alive.  Without it, they would be dead from starvation/malnutrition and that probably wouldn't be considered "healthier".  If the earth's population were significantly smaller or when there's a viable alternative to wheat produced on the same mass scale, the statement may be true.  So far as individuals whop have the means to choose the makeup of their respective diets, it's possible you may be correct though the extent to which health is improved will vary greatly between individuals.  Studies have also shown that severely calorie-restricted diets statistically improve longevity.  However, this could also easily be perceived as significantly reducing the quality of life.  Each person must make their own choice.  When considering any major lifestyle alteration, for many the cost may be greater than the perceived gain.  Again, I understand your intent but let's not kid ourselves.  The planetary population cannot currently be sustained without modern wheat.  In all honesty, unless some catastrophic event reduces the planetary population in a big way, it's far more likely that advances in genetic modification of the grains will yield healthier food for humanity than simply ceasing to eat it.  Just my opinion...

Okay, you got me there.  For some wretched groups of folks, if they had no wheat-based food, they'd have no food at all.  I'd like to rephrase that one.

Instead of "Yes, some folks can tolerate it better than others, but EVERYONE is healthier without it," I should have said, "Yes, some folks can tolerate it better than others, but EVERYONE that has access to healthier alternatives like meat or fish or fowl or veggies or fruit, etc., is healthier without wheat or any other grains."

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #931 - 07/12/12 at 01:37:56

myrnasilva wrote on 07/10/12 at 04:28:00:
Right you are,MPESCOTORI! Anyone can deduce that from their surroundings. Why is it that some can smoke and drink and live to be 100? What you're saying is, people are "hot wired" to be healthy solely based on genes.

No, Ma'am, I said it depends on the environment; get two twins, wean and raise one in China and the other in Greece and they will grow up with two different metabolisms, even if their DNA is (in theory) identical.
Quote:
I wish I could deduce that. I grew up in an obese home. Like those children of alcoholics, you have two choices: become like them, or do a 180.
I question everything and use myself as a guinea pig. What doesn't work, I toss.

Hold it !!! One thing is to be "plump", one thing is to be obese.
Putting aside endocrinal issues which cause you to bloat even when fasting... when one is obese the reasons come from the wrong eating habits, regardless of wheat.

Quote:
I am by profession a massage therapist, but my instinctive nature is to help people. If I extend my hand to help you up off the floor, you can choose the help or get up on your own. Whatever works at the time is what's right for you...

If you are a massage therapist, you've studied anatomy, which means you should KNOW there are ways and ways of gripping one's hand, or wrist, or forearm, in order to evenly spread the load of the body on such small articulations.
Most mommies raise their kids by grasping the hand, which often pulls the tendons and ligaments of the wrist.
The correct procedure is to grip the rear of the wrist, in the "wristband" area, in a guise which many know and many have learned.

There are ways and ways to feed and eat.
Leave cardiology to the cardiologists, and eating discipline to dietologists (not dieticians..).
Just as chemisrty is a science, eating is a science, because you convert "food" into "energy" by the way of a chemical transformation - aka "digestion".
Please explain how you are going to naturally assimilate all your Vitamin B complex on a carb-free diet, or how you are going to compensate your overworked kidneys with an overdose of nitrogen-based acids (excess of transaminasis).

You can't fool around with your body. "I feel good" doesn't mean a thing.
Smoking weed makes me feel just as well as a pint of beer, but which is healthier ?

On the other hand, if you are 100% certain you are right, go ahead and continue.
Get up on your soapbox and evangelize the crowds.
Just don't crucify the skeptics and glorify yourself.
The Forum members here are nobody's Good Man Friday and nobody's called Robinson Crusoe, there's a whole world out there that's been thriving on rice and veggies and precious little meat, and look at the civilizations they've brought up...
I am talking about the Japanese, the Chinese and the Hindustani Indians...

On the other hand, meat-rich peoples were the Zulus, the Australian Aborigene, the Maori, Tutsi, and the American Indians... all Neolithic societies when "wheat white man" crossed the seas and "discovered" them.

So go ahead and enjoy your meat-only diet.

Socrates and Aristotle enjoyed wheat and made history.

As did Julius Caesar, Leonardo, Christopher Columbus and Marco Polo... Napoleon... Gandhi...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #932 - 07/12/12 at 08:07:33

Quote:

As did Julius Caesar, Leonardo, Christopher Columbus and Marco Polo... Napoleon... Gandhi...

Just think how much longer they would have lived, and how more more they would have contributed had they not been wheaters.

It has become a source of entertainment now,.... how you try to convince me that the massive and definite improvement great numbers of people this very day are realizing from escaping the harm done to them by wheat, is not happening because there are lots of wheaters that are still alive.  

Your position is still the same: other people did well when they ate wheat, therefore you will do better if you eat wheat.

There is no logic there.  
-- When you have no proof, saying someone is healthy because he ate wheat is as valid as saying someone could have been more healthy if he didn't eat wheat.  
-- I know several smokers who appear to be really healthy.  They are not healthy because they smoke,... they appear healthy in spite of smoking.  
-- We'll never know how much better Columbus would have done had he not eaten wheat.  
-- We DO know today, though, that people do better when they don't eat wheat,... just like everyone does better when they stop smoking.  

Forgive me, but I am confused by your comment about enjoying a meat-only diet.

I am having some difficulty, though, understanding why your paradigm problem is so deeply entrenched.  My speculation is that you grew up in an environment that emphasized how healthy wheat-eating was, so, at least for now, you just can't get outside those powerful paradigms.  I had the same paradigms.  I was a high-carber until 2003, and a wheater until 2011.  Several decades of firm, but flawed, beliefs.  Somehow I was able to get outside the learnings of my life, and progress on to more accurate information.  Not being a stupid fellow, I can only think you will eventually find out how this all really works and can dispense with the USDA/FDA/mega-agri-lobby propaganda about "healthy whole grains."

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #933 - 07/12/12 at 09:19:43

Just some thoughts/musings...

Unless I've somehow grossly misunderstood this, mpescatori lives in Italy.  I am honestly pretty ignorant as to their regulatory bodies as well as what information (or propaganda, if it should be the case) the public receives there.  I don't know how much their products might be made from varieties of ancestral wheat instead of modern wheat.  I don't know how much of their produce (i.e. fruits, vegetables, etc.) is locally derived vs nationally or internationally.  From what I see and read, I would presume that they get more locally grown produce than we do.  They might also still bargain/haggle at markets to, which is something they've moved away from in this country in order to facilitate price-fixing.  I saw this in many other countries when I was in the Navy though I never went to Europe.  My point is that I don't want to make the mistake of assuming that things work the same there as they do here.

On another subject, I think the Japanese, Chinese and Hindustani cultures developed with very little use of wheat until very recently.  I believe rice, soybeans and lentils would be more of the staples there.  So far as Japan goes, fish has always been a staple and I've heard it joked that in China anything with four legs is not safe when it comes to dinner.  So far as Hindustani culture, I a bit more ignorant but I believe dairy and lentils play a large role in traditional diets.

Hopefully I'm not "stirring the pot" here.  My intent was more just "thinking out loud" as well as hoping mpescatori might dispel a portion of my cultural ignorance.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #934 - 07/12/12 at 12:22:03

Yes, Savage_Rob, things are different in different countries, and things have changed over time as well.

No matter how well a people seems to do as wheaters, they do better if they abstain from wheat/grains, and eat fish/fowl/meat/veggies/fruit/nuts/etc.  The fact that many millions still eat wheat does not prove that it is good, it just shows that human beings can survive well even when having to deal with problems like eating wheat/grain.

These points, while interesting, do not affect the main issue.  No matter how many times someone points out that Robert E. Lee was a famous general and he ate wheat all the time, it doesn't prove that wheat made him famous.  Two separate issues.

No matter how many times I point out that when I stopped with the wheat, all kinds of pretty good things happened pretty quickly, it doesn't seem to alter the thinking of those that are trying to convince me it doesn't work.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #935 - 07/12/12 at 13:27:04

Part of my point is that in the US, people tend to have diets replete with highly processed grain products, often GMO varieties, further complicated by the overuse of corn syrup or sugar.  Here, the "low-fat" mantra has been preached since the at least early 80s and most low-fat processed stuff is high in processed carbs.  I was saying that I don't know that the same mantra has been preached everywhere else or if, even if they still eat grains, folks in other countries may be eating different varieties and in forms that far less processed (like real brown rice without the hulls buffed off) in smaller quantities, along with healthier fats.  I'm just wondering if the pendulum hasn't swung farther to the high-carb extreme here in the US than in many other places.  That said, I would expect negative effects of high carb consumption to be more evident here.  Accordingly, the differences noted by someone switching to a carb-restricted diet (as well as wheat-free or grain-free) would be greater too.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #936 - 07/13/12 at 03:09:42

Gyrobob wrote on 07/12/12 at 08:07:33:
Quote:

Just think how much longer they would have lived, and how more more they would have contributed had they not been wheaters.

Gyrobob, you really dissappointed me here... Tongue
Julius Caesar was assassinated...
Leonardo died at 67, a VERY old age for his times...
Christopher Columbus was jailed by the Spanish Crown and died in chains...
Marco Polo died in his own bed, of illness after spending years in prison, when Venice lost a war against Genoa for the dominion of the Mediterranean trade routes...
Napoleon died in exile in St.Helena at 52, poisoned by the British...
Gandhi was assassinated at 79, and was a rigorous vegetarian... so lots of wheat there...

So the only one who died of old age, Leonardo at 67 in 1519, was VERY old! By comparison, the average age in 1519 in England was below 40...
Tongue

Quote:
It has become a source of entertainment now,.... how you try to convince me that the massive and definite improvement great numbers of people this very day are realizing from escaping the harm done to them by wheat, is not happening because there are lots of wheaters that are still alive.  

Your position is still the same: other people did well when they ate wheat, therefore you will do better if you eat wheat.

There is no logic there.  
-- When you have no proof, saying someone is healthy because he ate wheat is as valid as saying someone could have been more healthy if he didn't eat wheat.  
-- I know several smokers who appear to be really healthy.  They are not healthy because they smoke,... they appear healthy in spite of smoking.  
-- We'll never know how much better Columbus would have done had he not eaten wheat.  
-- We DO know today, though, that people do better when they don't eat wheat,... just like everyone does better when they stop smoking.  

Again, you dissappoint me.
I am NOT trying to convince you that wheat is good... I am simply saying that carbohydrates through wheat, barley, oats or rice are a natural part of the Homo Sapiens Sapiens.
Neanderthal was strictly a carnivore, and he soccumbed to Homo Sapiens who had developed farming.
The American Indians were essentially carnivores, yet they ALL showed a level of civilization which varied from Neolithic to barely Mesopotamian.

The Indians and Chinese did have wheat; see na'an bread, Chinese wheat noodles or wonton (Chinese ravioli) .
I apologize for quoting Japan when I should have said Korea.

Quote:
Forgive me, but I am confused by your comment about enjoying a meat-only diet.

I am having some difficulty, though, understanding why your paradigm problem is so deeply entrenched.  My speculation is that you grew up in an environment that emphasized how healthy wheat-eating was, so, at least for now, you just can't get outside those powerful paradigms.  I had the same paradigms.  I was a high-carber until 2003, and a wheater until 2011.  Several decades of firm, but flawed, beliefs.  Somehow I was able to get outside the learnings of my life, and progress on to more accurate information.  Not being a stupid fellow, I can only think you will eventually find out how this all really works and can dispense with the USDA/FDA/mega-agri-lobby propaganda about "healthy whole grains."

You insist on blaming the FDA for imposing a diet, I do not recall ever mentioning the FDA in my posts, I couldn't care less for an Agency which has ZERO jurisdiction (and credibility) outside the USA.
I say "credibility" because very many medicines sold in the US are BANNED in Europe because they do not meet the safety and health standards of the EU... such as too much mercury in pediatric vaccinations, for example (see: bird flu scare)

Anyway... just google "carbohydrate receptors on tongue" or ask a dietologist or a doctor specialized in sports and nutrition, and you will leanr that the tongue is equipped with special receptors which are there to alert the system that you are eating carbohydrates - regardless of their taste or flavor - and that a certain "digestion - energy storage and release" cycle will go into effect.

I am saying this because last week I was visiting family in Belgium (what wonderful beers !) and while killing time saw a documentary on nutrition.
Well, the test they ran was this: three teams were tested, doing heavy labor, with regular "drinking" intervals:
- one team would drink water,
- one team would drink water with sugar added;
- one team could only rinse their mouth (but not swallow) with water added with a flavorless carbohydrate.

Team Three fared better than Team One. The system had sensed carbohydrates were "coming" even though they were spit out, and released a higher amount of energy to the muscles compared to the team which could only drink pure water.

So, my dear friend, go on with your crusade against wheat. You are being "Symptomatic": I feel well, hence I am healthy.

You should see a dietologist and verify the scientific evidence behind Dr.Davis' statements; I have researched what I could, talked to local dietologists, civilian and military doctors, and asked in Belgium, UK and France, and always got the same answer:
"You may alter the percentage of the three fundamental components (Protein, Fats and Carbohydrates) but you CANNOT eliminate one altogether - you would think you are well but you are actually starving your system".

That said, analyzing another knind of situation, comparing the US to Italy in terms of population we have fewer obese, fewer deaths by heart attack and FAR fewer cases of cardiovascular desease in general.

So wheat can't be to blame if YOU were feeling ill or had whatever ailments.

You remind me of the guy who once claimed "I wake up feeling much more rested than once, and can sleep longer hours..."
Huh
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
As if... sleeping longer hours shouldn't make you feel more rested ?
Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #937 - 07/13/12 at 03:52:15

Carbohydrate sensing in the Human Mouth

" intravenous infusion of glucose, which made available large quantities of carbohydrate in the circulation, did not affect the time to complete a ∼1 h cycle time trial compared with a saline placebo.
However, regularly rinsing the mouth with a non-sweet maltodextrin solution, which would have had no effect on circulating glucose levels, significantly reduced the time to complete the performance trial.

The apparent absence of a peripheral metabolic action of exogenous carbohydrate in these circumstances raises the possibility of a centrally mediated effect. Carter and colleagues drew two conclusions from their observations. The first was that there are taste receptors in the mouth that can influence neural pathways, ultimately leading to improved exercise performance and, second, that there are receptors in the mouth sensitive to non-sweet carbohydrate.
"

Now go and tell GOD or MOTHER NATURE (choose whichever suits you) they did a poor job...

Read all about it here
http://jp.physoc.org/content/587/8/1779.full

But there's this, too

" Carbohydrate
Studies have shown that endurance performance is increased when athletes merely rinse their mouths with a sports drink periodically during exercise instead of swallowing it. It appears the carbs in the sports drink activate carbohydrate receptors in the tongue, which communicate with a part of the brain that regulates perceived exertion. As a result, exercise feels easier and performance increases.

Rinsing your mouth with a sports drink is not a complete substitute for actually swallowing it, as drinking rehydrates in addition to supplying energy. But in situations where it’s difficult to drink a lot, such as during high-intensity running, rinsing your mouth with a sports drink may be a good complement to ingesting it.

Protein
A series of studies led by Michael Saunders at James Madison University has shown that a sports drink containing carbs and protein in a 4:1 ratio (Accelerade®) increases endurance more than a conventional sports drink containing carbs and no protein. These studies have also shown that the beneficial effect of consuming protein with carbs during exercise is linked to a reduction in perceived exertion.

How does protein make exercise feel easier? One possibility is that ingesting protein with carbs during exercise increases amino acid levels in the blood. There is evidence that elevated blood amino acids delay brain fatigue during exercise. Another possibility is that protein reduces perceived exertion by reducing muscle damage. Carb-protein Accelerade is in fact proven to reduce muscle damage during exercise compared to carb-only sports drinks.
"

Which means "proteins help burning carbohydrates, but it's the latter you need to produce energy for the workout..."

http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com/2011/04/07/fuel-brain-endurance-perfo...

Last, this, which is too long to summarize.

http://chemse.oxfordjournals.org/content/30/suppl_1/i68.full

Please note, these are all scientific journals of the kind Dr. Davis obviously never reads...  Roll Eyes

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #938 - 07/13/12 at 04:40:11

Your diatribe continues to try to convince me it doesn't work.  
-- In the face of mounting evidence that getting off of wheat generates many many improvements in some chronic maladies for just about everyone, you stick to your outdated paradigm of grains being healthy.
-- Bringing up "evidence" of how common wheat ingestion was throughout history is meaningless.  Humans have survived all kinds of unhealthy and common foods/practices throughout history.
-- Bringing up "evidence" of how common wheat ingestion is today is also meaningless.  Humans are surviving all kinds of unhealthy and common foods/practices today.

Some people take longer to change their minds, especially when doing so invalidates some very strong beliefs they have held to for decades.  That very thing happened to me.  I should have made these changes years ago when I first started reading about it.

I wish now I would have known about this when I was a kid.  I'd certainly be a LOT healthier now!

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #939 - 07/13/12 at 06:16:08

If your unheathy maybe a person should try different diets,But as long as your healthy theres isn't any good reason to change.People come from different stock some are a lot healthier than others

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #940 - 07/13/12 at 06:37:19

Quote:
Leonardo died at 67, a VERY old age for his times...

He was also a vegetarian, border line vegan, very controversial for his time but yes, he did live to be very old by the standards of the day.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #941 - 07/14/12 at 13:13:46

Gyrobob wrote on 07/13/12 at 04:40:11:
Your diatribe continues to try to convince me it doesn't work.  
-- In the face of mounting evidence that getting off of wheat generates many many improvements in some chronic maladies for just about everyone, you stick to your outdated paradigm of grains being healthy.
-- Bringing up "evidence" of how common wheat ingestion was throughout history is meaningless.  Humans have survived all kinds of unhealthy and common foods/practices throughout history.
-- Bringing up "evidence" of how common wheat ingestion is today is also meaningless.  Humans are surviving all kinds of unhealthy and common foods/practices today.

Some people take longer to change their minds, especially when doing so invalidates some very strong beliefs they have held to for decades.  That very thing happened to me.  I should have made these changes years ago when I first started reading about it.

I wish now I would have known about this when I was a kid.  I'd certainly be a LOT healthier now!

Geez, Gyro, I'm surviving you and your aggressiveness...
...I told you a diet excessively rich in meats and nitrogen compounds will increase the level of aggressiveness AND tax your kidneys quite a lot...
Tongue
I guess you enjoy your role as the Neo-Paleo-Neanderthal of the lot...
Lips Sealed
Suits you, sir, suits you...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #942 - 07/16/12 at 00:55:50

Savage_Rob wrote on 07/12/12 at 09:19:43:
Just some thoughts/musings...

Unless I've somehow grossly misunderstood this, mpescatori lives in Italy.  I am honestly pretty ignorant as to their regulatory bodies as well as what information (or propaganda, if it should be the case) the public receives there.

Thank you, Savage Rob, and my apologies for not replying any earlier.
Yes, I do live in Italy, but having lived a full 8 years in a mix of AngloSaxon countries, and returning there regularly for work/holiday, may I say I understand the different mentalities when it comes to food.

When you live in a society... in a civilization which is an easy 3000 years old, you don't need "propaganda" to decide what to eat.
Sure, commercials may insist "there's nothing better than McDonald's", and you may disagree, but that isn't going to put you off eating steak&potatoes.
Similarly, we have been eating pasta since Roman times, in the guise of lasagna or similar sizes.

Quote:
I don't know how much their products might be made from varieties of ancestral wheat instead of modern wheat.  I don't know how much of their produce (i.e. fruits, vegetables, etc.) is locally derived vs nationally or internationally.  From what I see and read, I would presume that they get more locally grown produce than we do.

Yes, we do. We practice what is known as the "short chain", i.e. we emphasize the importance of buying locally grown produce (or nationally grown vs. imported) not because of chauvinism, but because the "short chain" implies fewer miles driven, hence fresher produce AND less pollution due to the big trucks not hauling north to south, east to west etc...

Quote:
 They might also still bargain/haggle at markets to, which is something they've moved away from in this country in order to facilitate price-fixing.  I saw this in many other countries when I was in the Navy though I never went to Europe.  My point is that I don't want to make the mistake of assuming that things work the same there as they do here.

Sorry, bargaining/haggling you only do at weekly markets, where the vendors change town day after day, and in Hollywood stereotypes, where the "MamaMia" matron haggles for hours over one turnip.
Tongue
We have shopping centers and malls and multistory superstores where you can buy your Adidas and your Zucchini and everything inbetween.
Incidentally, I believe we are actually more hi-tech than you... Roll Eyes
We have GSM mobiles since 1993 and ADSL is nationwide... in fact, you cannot get a plain and simple "dialup" connection anywhere, it's broadband DSL or nothing. Cool
We use only digital broadband TV, there's no "analog TV" any more, and no cable... it's broadband digital or satellite digital, period.

Quote:
On another subject, I think the Japanese, Chinese and Hindustani cultures developed with very little use of wheat until very recently.  I believe rice, soybeans and lentils would be more of the staples there.  So far as Japan goes, fish has always been a staple and I've heard it joked that in China anything with four legs is not safe when it comes to dinner.  So far as Hindustani culture, I a bit more ignorant but I believe dairy and lentils play a large role in traditional diets.

Hopefully I'm not "stirring the pot" here.  My intent was more just "thinking out loud" as well as hoping mpescatori might dispel a portion of my cultural ignorance.

For starters, forget dairy in the Far East. All they conceive is milk (for babies) and yoghurt. Cheese is UNKNOWN east of the Caucasus.
True, there IS cheese in SE India (had to llok it up  Wink) but it is really of Persian origin.
So... East of India, I am aware of no cheese. Most certainly my Korean friends were surprised there was cheese beyond "the little squares we put on cheeseburgers" Cool

As for wheat in India, go google "Na'an bread" or "chapati", two styles of bread made with wheat, not rice.

China also makes use of wheat. Let us not be led into the misunderstanding that "in China they eat rice".
China is a continent per se, a landmass the size of Europe, with cultivation along the Yang-Tze, Tibet and Chinese Mongolia which mirror those in Europe.
RICE  is  the  staple carbohydrate in the center/south,
WHEAT is the staple carbohydrate in the north.
Just Wiki "chinese cuisine" (I got the link from the main "China" Wiki page)

Nobody's stirring up anything disastrous here, Savage_Rob, so not to worry  Smiley
I myself admit that my belly will swell after a few beers but this does not mean cereals are bad, nor "liquid bread" (the name used by German Monks in order to be allowed to drink beer during Lent)

In closing, you can get your carbohydrates from two sources, cereals and legumes.

Cereals, such as wheat, rice, oats, barley and hops will give seeds which have been milled and/or cooked in various styles, we can't say we haven't experimented, we KNOW which cereal works best prepared in whichever style.

Corn, manioca and tapioca are also cereals, introduced into Europe a mere few centuries ago (if at all) with the exploitation of the Americas.

Legumes we only eat boiled. To my knowledge, nobody makes "bean bread" or "lentil cakes".
True, the Arabs eat falafel, which are small fried patties of crushed chick peas, but the chick pease are boiled first, and in Europe we eat them boiled, so... it's just an extension of a known recipe.

Last come potatoes and yams. I'll not teach anybody how to boil a potato. Wink

And breadfruit is NOT a widely used (nor known) source of carbohydrates, not anymore than banana flour for your morning pancakes... Grin

Eat your food as it was intended to be eaten.
You don't need to capsize the boat just to see the sea floor; just dunk your head underwater.
Similarly, "Nut flour" or "coconut flour" to replace wheat flour is NOT going to make you wheat free, it is going to make you fat, because of all the excess oils you feed yourselves.

Compare the average Mediterranean to the average Samoan...

(no, I do NOT condone smoking... but she IS smoking!   Cheesy)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #943 - 07/16/12 at 07:41:46

mpescatori, still spewing the same screed, eh?  You can spew till you are blue in the face about how being wheat/grain free does no good,.. it won't change what is happening to what are probably hundreds of thousands of folks (a rapidly growing mob) that have found out how harmful wheat ingestion is.  
-- How will you get a guy whose allergies have disappeared to believe that he should go back to being a wheater?  
-- How will you get me to go back to being a wheater when I know my migraines will come back?
-- How will you get the lady who tried 28 different diet schemes (yes, 28) (including the mediterranean diet) to lose weight and never was able to lose much and/or keep it off, to go back to being a wheater after she lost 120 pounds and has kept it off for several months so far?
-- How will you get the guy whose dog was so stricken with arthritis he was dragging his hings legs as if paralized,.. to put his dog back on wheat now that his dog is not just on all fours, he can, for example, jump up on the couch?
-- I could go on like this for another thousand words, and it would sway you much, I'll bet.

Trying to convince me, or any other folks, that eating wheat is healthy won't alter that fact it is not.  It is harmful.  
-- Every single time someone switches from being a wheater, to someone who eats basically meat/fish/fowl/veggies/fruit/cheese/nuts/low-carb, things get better.
-- Sticking to this kind of single ingredient food, without any grains at all, allows a list of benefits hard to imagine before you understand this stuff.  
-- I dare anyone to try this for a couple of months, and not be convinced of how much nicer things are day to day.  
-- The only time the WB thing has not been very impressive is when the person involved only says they are doing WB, when in fact they are just, for example, cutting back on wheat and grains.  "Oh yeah, I do that wheat belly thing.  I'm not giving up my tortilla chips, and morning bagel for anybody, though."
-- If a person has NO wheat/grains/sugars/high-carb for a couple months, the results will be startling.

This is cute: "Similarly, "Nut flour" or "coconut flour" to replace wheat flour is NOT going to make you wheat free, it is going to make you fat, because of all the excess oils you feed yourselves."
-- wrong again.  almond flour and coconut flour have no wheat or grains.
-- They will NOT make you fat, and the oils they contain are healthy and necessary to keeping your weight down.  
-- Flat-worlders, like my current wife, are still stricken with the false notion that eating fat makes you fat, and that eating cholesterol causes high cholesterol.  
-- Saying nuts make you fat because of the oils involved shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how the body processes foods.

Your screed is no surprise.  It is consistent with what most folks who believe in the USDA and FDA "guidelines" concepts believe.  Sooner or later, you'll discover how this stuff really works.  I'll wait.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #944 - 07/16/12 at 08:06:44

Do I read "aggressive" in your reply ?

"You can spew till you are blue in the face "  Huh

I have researched, and provided different scientific sources each and every time... and expressed my ideas and skepticism with the expectation I would have received a reply as calm and polite as my own posts.

"How will you get the lady who tried 28 different diet schemes (yes, 28) (including the mediterranean diet) to lose weight and never was able to lose much and/or keep it off, to go back to being a wheater after she lost 120 pounds and has kept it off for several months so far?"

So, a lady lost 120 lbs. by starving herself of one of the fundamentals, and you claim victory ?  Huh After a few months only ?  Tongue
Oh, and BTW the lady was 120lbs overweight and she never saw an endocrinologist who could figure out what was wrong with her metabolism ?

"How will you get the guy whose dog was so stricken with arthritis he was dragging his hings legs as if paralized,.. to put his dog back on wheat now that his dog is not just on all fours, he can, for example, jump up on the couch?"

So, a man was feeding a "born-predator carnivore" wheat, and you expect the animal to be healthy ?
Do I read NUTS ???
I am glad the dog can now jump back onto its own couch, for all the meat my family fed our dog, it could never afford its own couch...

Last, Gyro_Bob, I'm Italian, not American.
We share a Forum because we ride the same bike.
I do not go by USFDA guidelines, and as I stated earlier, nobody this side of the Atlantic really cares much about USFDA-approved pink slime or other masterpieces of US culinary culture.

If only you could get smells, along with pictures and video, you'd understand the difference between Italian bread and sliced styrofoam...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 13:17:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.