Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
10/09/11 at 05:29:27

Do a yahoo search for "Wheat Belly" by cardiologist William Davis.  I bought the book. (the only time I think I have EVER paid full price for a hardback!!)

I won't start preaching about it if you won't start opinionating without having read it.

If you can't read, or just don't like to read, go to youtube and search for "wheat belly" and you'll get a lot of options.  Be sure to put wheat belly in quotes so it'll search for just that phrase and not wheat, belly, and wheat belly.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 0-60 in two seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #1 - 10/09/11 at 05:40:37

That "Food Pyramid" they indoctrinated us with is a bad idea, You have any idea how many people are allergic to wheat now?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #2 - 10/09/11 at 06:00:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/09/11 at 05:40:37:
That "Food Pyramid" they indoctrinated us with is a bad idea, You have any idea how many people are allergic to wheat now?

Tens of millions.   I think the book explains that,.... I'll check tonight.

Yes, the food pyramid thrust upon us for so many years is really a bad thing.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #3 - 10/09/11 at 06:10:30

Agenda driven education. Like politically motivated policy decisions,, bad idea.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #4 - 10/09/11 at 06:13:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/09/11 at 06:10:30:
Agenda driven education. Like politically motivated policy decisions,, bad idea.

You and I are allies on this one.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 10/09/11 at 09:49:49

I tried the atkins diet years ago.
what got me off it was the incredibly limited access to alternates.
And needing vitamin supplements really told me it was not a whole diet.

I'm gonna be more gluten aware.  rice and potato's here I come.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 10/09/11 at 10:07:07

Antibiotics have done real damage by killing some of the Good Gut Bugs off, creating "Leaky Gut Syndrome". Foods not being completely broken down prior to passing from the gut into the blood exposes the immune system to things it doesnt expect to see, it then attacks them,, thats where food allergy begins in many cases. REgaining a healthy gut is important in repairing the problem, probiotics time, folks. Even then, ya gotta lay off of the foods youre allergic to for a long time & rotate the diet so as to avoid becoming allergic to foods you can still eat. Since wheat is in so many things its hard to not eat it.. &, odd as it sounds,, we tend to crave what we are allergic to.

& when we cut sugar out, the yeasty crap that depends on it makes us absolutely miserable.. Keep the carbs down, your brain NEEDS carbs, & fats. Lipids are crucial to the brain, dont use margarine, real butter, olive oil, not crisco or some GMO crop oil,,
MSG is used in labs. When a scientist needs a fat lab rat, they give a baby an MSG shot,, it wrecks their system & they get fat,,
Diet drinks have aspartame,, horrible crap..

Look up MSG code words,,

Ohh,, read the contents, if its got the corn sweetener in it, its bad news,, corn is almost all GMO now, & even the best organic stuff is polluted by Monsatans pollen.

You'll spend $$ on good food today or hope for a good doctor later.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #7 - 10/09/11 at 10:13:54

verslagen1 wrote on 10/09/11 at 09:49:49:
I tried the atkins diet years ago.
what got me off it was the incredibly limited access to alternates.
And needing vitamin supplements really told me it was not a whole diet.

I'm gonna be more gluten aware.  rice and potato's here I come.

I started Atkins in 2003.  Lost 30 lbs, and got my blood numbers and blood pressure better than they had been in years.

Currently you don't have to sacrifice anything, 'cep fer baked pototoes, white bread, etc.  I eat all the pie, pasta, etc., I want, and still keep it around 50 carbs per day.  There are alternates aplenty.

If you are following the Atkins regimen properly, you are eating lots of veggies and some fruits, along with meat, fish, dairy, etc.,... so you don't need any supplements any more than you would on a "typical" well-rounded diet.  I take a "50+" multiple each day as a sort of insurance, but if you are doing it properly, you don't need any unusual amounts of supplements.  

Ever heard of Carb-Quik?  It's like Bisquick, but low carb.  Biscuits, pancakes, waffles, muffins, yum yum yum.  These days, if you give up Atkins because you had to give up too many of your favorites, you weren't trying very hard.

Go to netrition.com and look at the Low-carb section.  There are literally thousands of low-carb products in there, ranging from zero-carb jelly to snack crackers to Carb-Quik to shakes to pastries to cereals,... on and on and on.

Be aware of what is billed as "gluten free."  It may have no WHEAT gluten, but it has other stuff which is as bad or worse.  To quote from one of his interviews, Dr. Davis said, "Well, the only foods that raise blood sugar MORE than whole wheat are corn starch, rice starch, potato starch, and tapioca starch. These are flagrant, rapidly-digested carbohydrates when they're in the powdered form as presented in gluten-free foods."

« Last Edit: 11/17/11 at 20:35:45 by Gyrobob »  

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #8 - 10/09/11 at 10:23:01

JOG said, "Since wheat is in so many things its hard to not eat it.. &, odd as it sounds,, we tend to crave what we are allergic to."

When you read "Wheat Belly" you'll add a little to your statement,...

Since wheat is in so many things its hard to not eat it.. &, odd as it sounds,, we tend to crave what we are allergic and addicted to.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 10/09/11 at 10:23:33

Hey GB,, How's beer on the blood sugar thing?

Yeaa,,, I just try to avoid that word.. addicted has such a nasty connotation..

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #10 - 10/09/11 at 10:26:26

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/09/11 at 10:23:33:
Hey GB,, How's beer on the blood sugar thing?

Yeaa,,, I just try to avoid that word.. addicted has such a nasty connotation..

Michelob Ultra is only 3 carbs per bottle.  I'll have to check on whether or not there is any "grain" effect from beer.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 10/09/11 at 10:28:48

Ive heard beer & diabetes are good friends,,

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #12 - 10/09/11 at 10:38:45

Ooooops.  Beer is wheat-brewed.  The ales, and darker versions are the most problematic.  I don't drink much beer so it won't be a problem for me.

Beverages allowed: water, pure fruit juice (small amounts), tea, coffee, plant extracts (almond milk, coconut milk, etc.), red wine, most natural dairy stuff.

Avoid: beer, fruit drinks, soft drinks.

All my life I have been a big-time milk drinker,.. not 2% or skim, either.  
 -- When I first started Atkins, I found this stuff called Calorie Countdown.  3 carbs/cup, and tastes pretty much like milk. 
 -- It was expensive, though, and sometimes hard to find.
 -- Then I discovered Silk brand almond milk.  
      -- I mix a half-gallon of that with a 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.  
      -- Wonderful stuff.  Tastes great, has a creamy thick consistency
      -- 1 carb/cup, low cal, low fat, cheaper than Calorie Countdown and available everywhere.  
      -- Fortunately, it is also good for the Wheat Belly thing if I decide to do that.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 10/09/11 at 10:53:08

I found a local ( Well,, 20 miles away) place I can get raw whole milk,, I dont very often,, but BOOOy thats good stuff.. Theres another place that ships milk thats not homogenized, it is pasteurized, tho. But sometimes there are little beads of butter that come out with it. Best commercial milk Ive seen, & costs less than Horizon organic.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 10/09/11 at 10:55:00

... but,.. the "nasty" foods, are the staple foods that cultures are built on...
Wheat, potatoes, rice, pasta,...   sustenance foods...
Of course, if you leave out the main staple foods, you will lose weight.  ... and overweight people will be healthier if the lose the weight...

But I don't think these foods are bad,... excess is bad...

I'm not a nutrition expert... and I don't read "self help" or "nutrition/diet books...  but, I do know, there are enough "nutrition expert" theories out there, that you can pick and choose the evil food culprit of your choice...
Don't eat meat,.. don't eat fat,.. don't eat carbs,.. don't eat sugar,.. don't eat starch,..  

Just don't eat a lot... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 05:09:18

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.