Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #915 - 06/28/12 at 14:08:59

myrnasilva wrote on 06/28/12 at 12:39:56:
Boule'tard....even an old dog can learn new trick. You're implementing most WB ideas. Get the book maybe to understand just the "why?" or if not, to follow the how.....A woman passenger is always the best way to go to make the 6 month ride enjoyable.

I think he did read the book.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #916 - 06/28/12 at 14:10:42

Boule’tard wrote on 06/28/12 at 06:39:20:
Of course. I'm teasing you about the "claims." As you've pointed out many, many times on this thread, it makes no sense to deny someone the improvements they have in their own body. I believe you got a dramatic change out of WB and wish I had also. Perhaps one day I'll  stick with it fully for 6 months as myrnasilvia suggests, then if victory is STILL around the corner at that point, screw it.  Cheesy

Sorry.  I should have known you were teasing.  You are that kind of guy, eh?,.... and you even put a laughing smiley beside your comment.  Maybe I get too defensive sometimes. Embarrassed

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #917 - 06/28/12 at 15:55:07

Boule'tard....even an old dog can learn new trick. You're implementing most WB ideas. Get the book maybe to understand just the "why?" or if not, to follow the how.....A woman passenger is always the best way to go to make the 6 month ride enjoyable.

Thanks, I have read the book and keep a copy around for reference (which I need, because I can be a bit dense and forgetful). If I try it again I will do a better job.  For example, the first time around, I eliminated all wheat and minimized other starches, but didn't eliminate some processed corn-based junk such as tortilla chips.  

My wife is actually a great help, though she prefers the recipes out of the Paleo Book.  She'll often cook up a tasty treat that is both WB and Paleo compliant.

Forget MS patients and diabetics and the terminally ill suddenly leaping tall buildings in a single bound...  the most impressive thing I hope to see is a 65yo man contort himself into a cafe' riding position and actually USE the bike on a regular basis. That will be truly inspiring.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #918 - 06/28/12 at 17:51:07

Boule’tard wrote on 06/28/12 at 15:55:07:

Thanks, I have read the book and keep a copy around for reference (which I need, because I can be a bit dense and forgetful). If I try it again I will do a better job.  For example, the first time around, I eliminated all wheat and minimized other starches, but didn't eliminate some processed corn-based junk such as tortilla chips.  

My wife is actually a great help, though she prefers the recipes out of the Paleo Book.  She'll often cook up a tasty treat that is both WB and Paleo compliant.

Forget MS patients and diabetics and the terminally ill suddenly leaping tall buildings in a single bound...  the most impressive thing I hope to see is a 65yo man contort himself into a cafe' riding position and actually USE the bike on a regular basis. That will be truly inspiring.

Be ready for inspiration in a few weeks.   Wink Smiley Grin

IP Logged
myrnasilva
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #919 - 06/29/12 at 03:42:38

Whoop Whoop!!!

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #920 - 07/01/12 at 11:44:19

myrnasilva wrote on 05/22/12 at 09:25:24:
My brother has had MS for 25 years. He's 55 now. 10 years ago he was in a wheelchair unable to walk or stand and his hands didn't function to even clean himself. He went every route imaginable and never got better. After my prodding he became a vegetarian and slowly started to stand. After giving up dairy he started to walk with a walker. He is transitioning to wheat and grain free and is walking (slowly) without assistance. He posted his accomplishments on youtube. jarod walking avi is before wheat free jarod walking 2012 is after shunning the grains.

So... your brother had multiple sclerosis, was helpless as a newborn infant...

...became vegetarian, and slowly started to stand... vegetarian means NO MEAT and no animal proteins.

...after giving up dairy he started usin a walker; as dairy includes milk&cheese, and since vegetarians generally omit dairy in your diet...
...do I smell fish here ?

...he then transitioned to wheat and grain free (which is more or less the staple for vegetarians) and is now walking slowly.

Does this mean he sustains himself on spinach and potatoes alone, or does he live on fruit and nuts ?

Your own words - No meat because he's a vegetarian, no dairy, no wheat and other grains... greeneries potatoes and fruit is all he's got left, unless you expect him to eat seaweed...
Tongue
Myrna Silva, I challenge you, you are what in internet terms is called a TROLL, on this Forum you have 5 (five) posts, ALL in this thread and nothing at all connected to motoring or riding...

I challenge you !

Who are you ? Sweetwater in CA? Campus Coach in NY? Personal care in FL? "Other" in "elsewhere"?  Huh
The assumed "Paleo-dietician" from FL who wants people to believe Paleo man ate coconut cupcakes with whipped cream? Roll Eyes

Sorry, girl, I'm good-natured but not naive... Roll Eyes

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #921 - 07/01/12 at 12:00:52

I don't think myrnasilva is a troll.  I think maybe Gyrobob asked her to come in as a sort of WB shill, to share her experience and bump the thread now and again.. no big deal.  I commend the brother on his progress.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
myrnasilva
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #922 - 07/01/12 at 13:45:49

Thanks, Boule'tard. Nope, not a troll. And yes, Gyrobob and I both share the love of WB and riding. I don't post anywhere else because I just hold on for the ride. I do look at everyone's comments about their bikes just so I know the good, the bad and the never be seen on. And my brother was not born with MS...and I don't wish that upon anyone. Just good health and safe riding.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #923 - 07/01/12 at 16:00:58

I will admit to asking a lot of folks that are Wheat Belly success stories if they ride.  I don't see that as immoral or unethical.  If someone has an interest in motorcycles, and makes the effort to register here (not all that easy sometimes), AND, has some opinions about Wheat Belly to add to our Wheat Belly thread, all well and good.

Sometimes here I feel like a cry in the night.  If it weren't for a few like Boule'tard that at least gave it a shot and offered up some responses that were at least unbiased, I'd feel like the Lone Ranger.

My motivation here has always been about getting Savage owners this info.  It works so friggin' well!!!!  Everyone I know that has done the Wheat Belly thing as explained in the book, has had some really impressive benefits in their lives.  I want all the folks here to know about how well this works and to give it an earnest shot,... not just sorta do it,... do it for real.

I'm what a lot of you would refer to as an old guy.  Last summer I truly felt like an old guy.  Achy, weary, headaches, groan groan groan.  All I thought I had to look forward to was all of that just getting slowly worse and worse as I got older and older.

This Wheat Belly thing changed all that.  I feel like I have rewound the clock about 30 years.  I want all of you guys and gals to feel that good too.

IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #924 - 07/09/12 at 00:50:19

Gyrobob wrote on 10/30/11 at 12:25:23:
bill67 wrote on 10/30/11 at 11:58:47:
Gyro your crazier than a bed bug.By what you think people should eat,I should have been dead 60 years ago

Another interesting bit of,... uh,... wisdom,... from Bill

Tell me something, William, do you ever discuss anything on a factual basis, or are your comments, as demonstrated so far, limited to baseless assertions?

I'll bet you were lots of fun as a kid,..... "uh-huh!,.. nuh-uh!!,... uh-huh!!,... nuh-uh!!,...uh-huh!!,... nuh-uh!!,... uh-huh!!,... nuh-uh!!,... uh-huh!!,... nuh-uh!!,... ............................

oh,... yeah,... I see it now,...........

Sorry,... Embarrassed  

I guess you haven't changed all that much, eh?

After reading several pages of this thread, Bill67's comments demonstrate exactly what the "67" stands for............His I.Q. Grin

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #925 - 07/10/12 at 01:46:59

myrnasilva wrote on 07/01/12 at 13:45:49:
Thanks, Boule'tard. Nope, not a troll. And yes, Gyrobob and I both share the love of WB and riding. I don't post anywhere else because I just hold on for the ride. I do look at everyone's comments about their bikes just so I know the good, the bad and the never be seen on. And my brother was not born with MS...and I don't wish that upon anyone. Just good health and safe riding.

I have done my research. Of all the Myrna Silvas around, there is one who has a penchant for riding, but it's horses, not bikes.

No big deal.

Rather, I have come to ponder over interesting facts, which I already knew and took for granted... but which also have a scientific backing.

It is called "environment". When one is born, the way one is weaned and educated to a certain diet will regulate his/her metabolism for the rest of their life.
That is why the stereotypical Italian is seen to be short and plump... with a diet based on fish, wine, pasta, bread, cheese, yet feature low cholesterol and relatively low blood pressure.
And when they go to England / Denmark / Scandinavia on holiday, they eat "wheat free" and gain weight like they were ill...

On the other hand, the typical Northern European (Germanic, Anglosaxon, Scandinavian) will be tall and thin, thrive on meat, different fish, beer (not wine) potatoes but little wheat...
Healthy, yet with cholesterol and blood pressure levels which would send a Mediterraneal to hospital.
And when they go to Italy / Spain / Greece for the holidays, they will "eat healthy" and gain weight like they were ill...

Why is this ? It is because one's system is balanced to a specific diet, and will live quite happily along those childhood guidelines.

So if a baby is weaned from milk to beans and potatoes, or bread and pasta, is entirely a matter of environment.
It's too cold to cultivate anything but potatoes north of some latitudes, and wheat is a culture as old as the Bible itself (see Cain and Abel).

So, Gyrobob, if you are happy on a hyper-protein diet, then be happy ! Your blood sugar level examples lead to believe you may have an issue with your insulin.

But your Cardiologist from Wisconsin should know - and I insist - it's "horses for courses", and what is healthy to some may not be as healthy to others.

And... while you have that insulin checked... ask how a wheat free diet can ensure you all the Vitamin B complex without resorting to synthetic integrators... Tongue

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
myrnasilva
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #926 - 07/10/12 at 04:28:00

Right you are,MPESCOTORI! Anyone can deduce that from their surroundings. Why is it that some can smoke and drink and live to be 100? What you're saying is, people are "hot wired" to be healthy solely based on genes. I wish I could deduce that. I grew up in an obese home. Like those children of alcoholics, you have two choices: become like them, or do a 180.
I question everything and use myself as a guinea pig. What doesn't work, I toss.
I am by profession a massage therapist, but my instinctive nature is to help people. If I extend my hand to help you up off the floor, you can choose the help or get up on your own. Whatever works at the time is what's right for you.
On a sad note....Hubby has the bike up for sale....I'm just glad he doesn't trade in wives like he does motorcycles.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #927 - 07/10/12 at 14:53:32

mpescatori wrote on 07/10/12 at 01:46:59:
myrnasilva wrote on 07/01/12 at 13:45:49:

I have done my research. Of all the Myrna Silvas around, there is one who has a penchant for riding, but it's horses, not bikes.

No big deal.

Rather, I have come to ponder over interesting facts, which I already knew and took for granted... but which also have a scientific backing.

It is called "environment". When one is born, the way one is weaned and educated to a certain diet will regulate his/her metabolism for the rest of their life.
That is why the stereotypical Italian is seen to be short and plump... with a diet based on fish, wine, pasta, bread, cheese, yet feature low cholesterol and relatively low blood pressure.
And when they go to England / Denmark / Scandinavia on holiday, they eat "wheat free" and gain weight like they were ill...

On the other hand, the typical Northern European (Germanic, Anglosaxon, Scandinavian) will be tall and thin, thrive on meat, different fish, beer (not wine) potatoes but little wheat...
Healthy, yet with cholesterol and blood pressure levels which would send a Mediterraneal to hospital.
And when they go to Italy / Spain / Greece for the holidays, they will "eat healthy" and gain weight like they were ill...

Why is this ? It is because one's system is balanced to a specific diet, and will live quite happily along those childhood guidelines.

So if a baby is weaned from milk to beans and potatoes, or bread and pasta, is entirely a matter of environment.
It's too cold to cultivate anything but potatoes north of some latitudes, and wheat is a culture as old as the Bible itself (see Cain and Abel).

So, Gyrobob, if you are happy on a hyper-protein diet, then be happy ! Your blood sugar level examples lead to believe you may have an issue with your insulin.

But your Cardiologist from Wisconsin should know - and I insist - it's "horses for courses", and what is healthy to some may not be as healthy to others.

And... while you have that insulin checked... ask how a wheat free diet can ensure you all the Vitamin B complex without resorting to synthetic integrators... Tongue

"what is healthy to some may not be as healthy to others."  My current wife gives me this kind of crap all the time, along with some other idiocies:
"moderation in all things"
"you should do whatever works for you."

She has no clue about what she is doing to herself with her highcarb lowcholesterol lowfat diet.  She is raking her entire system over the coals daily.  She has arthritis and won't admit it.  She refuses to accept the idea that I had arthritis 10 months ago and now it is GONE.  

She had a friend that told her smoking was no problem for some people,... that it was actually healthy in some cases.  More of the "whatever works for you" bullcrap.  True, I know some smokers who appear to be healthy, but anyone who says smoking is anything but harmful is a numbskull.

Same thing with wheat.  Yes, some folks can tolerate it better than others, but EVERYONE is healthier without it.

IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #928 - 07/10/12 at 18:33:20

Gyrobob wrote on 03/09/12 at 08:25:49:
One of my Cherokee relatives just told me what the Native-American term is for vegetarian,...

Lousy Hunter

Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #929 - 07/11/12 at 08:53:13

Gyrobob wrote on 07/10/12 at 14:53:32:
Same thing with wheat.  Yes, some folks can tolerate it better than others, but EVERYONE is healthier without it.[/size]

I understand what you're trying to say but it's not strictly true. As it stands currently, a large percentage of the planet's population relies on wheat rations just to stay alive.  Without it, they would be dead from starvation/malnutrition and that probably wouldn't be considered "healthier".  If the earth's population were significantly smaller or when there's a viable alternative to wheat produced on the same mass scale, the statement may be true.  So far as individuals whop have the means to choose the makeup of their respective diets, it's possible you may be correct though the extent to which health is improved will vary greatly between individuals.  Studies have also shown that severely calorie-restricted diets statistically improve longevity.  However, this could also easily be perceived as significantly reducing the quality of life.  Each person must make their own choice.  When considering any major lifestyle alteration, for many the cost may be greater than the perceived gain.  Again, I understand your intent but let's not kid ourselves.  The planetary population cannot currently be sustained without modern wheat.  In all honesty, unless some catastrophic event reduces the planetary population in a big way, it's far more likely that advances in genetic modification of the grains will yield healthier food for humanity than simply ceasing to eat it.  Just my opinion...

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 05:31:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.