Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #960 - 10/23/12 at 09:54:05

Here's an explanation (based on a Mayo Clinic study, http://www.mayoclinic.org/news2012-rst/7128.html) as to why wheaters have difficulty understanding about eating wheat/grains/sugar/high-carb:

The fear of losing the ability to think, remember and reason strikes fear in the minds of millions of aging adults around the world. Cognitive impairment leads to a decline in quality of life and is often the first sign of the most insidious form of dementia, Alzheimer's disease. Researchers have been slowly uncovering many of the mysteries of cognitive decline in an attempt to find a way to prevent or even treat this condition before it takes control of the mind and can advance to wreak havoc in the life of the individual, caregivers and family members.

A number of recent studies have demonstrated that lifestyle factors can have a strong influence in the development and progression of cognitive decline. Diet, chemicals used around the house and in cosmetics as well as environmental pollutants have been implicated in promoting cognitive dysfunction as they alter brain chemistry and electrical signaling in the brain.

Researchers from the Mayo Clinic, publishing the result of a study in the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease explain how people 70 and older who eat food high in carbohydrates have nearly four times the risk of developing mild cognitive impairment, and the danger is also present with a diet heavy in sugar. Those who consume a lot of protein and fat relative to carbohydrates are less likely to become cognitively impaired, the study found.

Sugar and refined carbohydrates disrupt brain chemistry and spike risk of cognitive decline
This study reinforces the evidence accumulated to date that demonstrates the importance of eliminating processed and refined sugars and carbohydrates to achieve optimal health. Lead study author, Dr. Rosebud Roberts commented "We think it's important that you eat a healthy balance of protein, carbohydrates and fat, because each of these nutrients has an important role in the body."

To conduct the study, researchers accumulated data on 940 people aged 70 to 89 who provided information on what they ate during the previous year, and demonstrated no signs of cognitive impairment. After four years of follow-up evaluations, 200 participants were beginning to show mild cognitive impairment, problems with memory, language, thinking and judgment that are greater than normal age-related changes.

Participants with the highest reported intake of carbohydrates were 1.9 times more likely to develop cognitive impairment as compared to those with the lowest consumption. Similarly, individuals with the highest sugar intake were 1.5 times as likely to have cognitive decline compared to the lowest consumption group. Group participants with the highest fat intake were 42 percent less likely to face cognitive impairment, and those who had the highest intake of protein had a reduced risk of 21 percent.

When total fat and protein intake were factored, those with the highest carbohydrate intake were 3.6 times more likely to develop cognitive impairment. Dr. Roberts concluded "A high carbohydrate intake could be bad for you because carbohydrates impact your glucose and insulin metabolism... sugar fuels the brain -- so moderate intake is good. However, high levels of sugar may actually prevent the brain from using the sugar -- similar to what we see with type 2 diabetes." The results of this and many prior studies confirm that drastically limiting or eliminating refined carbohydrates and sugars significantly lower the risk of cognitive decline and dementia.

About the author:
John Phillip is a Certified Nutritional Consultant and Health Researcher and Author who writes regularly on the cutting edge use of diet, lifestyle modifications and targeted supplementation to enhance and improve the quality and length of life.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #961 - 10/23/12 at 09:56:21

To sum up:

High-carb = alzheimers and dementia

IP Logged
myrnasilva
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #962 - 10/23/12 at 14:14:31

Wheaters don't fail to understand..They choose to enjoy their food. It brings back warm memories. It's hard to take away emotional ties to that hot bowl of oatmeal or breakfast cereal. Sugar, cookies, doughnuts..aahh,,more warm fuzzies.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #963 - 02/22/13 at 06:05:05

Any of you ever watch Fox News?  If so you may have seen Judge Napolitano.

http://freetheanimal.com/2013/02/napolitano-dropping-william.html

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #964 - 02/22/13 at 11:31:26

No

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #965 - 04/14/13 at 13:44:47

If any of you have or are otherwise associated with an FJR-1300, I need some help on that forum (FJRforum.com).  The folks there are even more nasty (personal) about Wheat Belly than here.  At least here there were several folks who would discuss it even if they didn't agree.

So,.. you're basically asking for assistance in Trolling on another forum?...
Isn't there a Wheatbelly forum or some nutriton forum that might actually want to discuss this topic?...
PS.. I'm posting this inside your post, so as not to bump this topic yet again
-Serow

« Last Edit: 04/14/13 at 15:30:41 by Serowbot »  

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #966 - 04/14/13 at 17:35:56

Gyrobob wrote on 04/14/13 at 13:44:47:
If any of you have or are otherwise associated with an FJR-1300, I need some help on that forum (FJRforum.com).  The folks there are even more nasty (personal) about Wheat Belly than here.  At least here there were several folks who would discuss it even if they didn't agree.

So,.. you're basically asking for assistance in Trolling on another forum?...
Isn't there a Wheatbelly forum or some nutriton forum that might actually want to discuss this topic?...
PS.. I'm posting this inside your post, so as not to bump this topic yet again
-Serow

I don't understand, exactly, your point.  I brought up the subject in their non-FJR section as a way to get rid of a lot of problems, physically.  

One of the large benefits, though, is to long distance riders, of which there are a slew in the FJR community.  

Besides, the thread was started in their section titled "Completely off topic."  (sort of like our Cafe, I guess.)  Other subjects there include insulin, best concealed carry weapon, Minnesota storms, water heater burst, knife attack in Texas, etc.  Wheat Belly is not at all out of line with those subjects, and it at least has some applicability to FJR ops.

So, I was hoping there was someone here who also had an FJR that might want to chime in either pro or con about Wheat Belly.  

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #967 - 04/14/13 at 18:16:00

Why don't you get your shrill to create an account over there too?

WWW   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #968 - 04/14/13 at 18:46:53

verslagen1 wrote on 04/14/13 at 18:16:00:

Shrill?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #969 - 04/14/13 at 19:02:17

Gyrobob wrote on 04/14/13 at 18:46:53:
verslagen1 wrote on 04/14/13 at 18:16:00:

Shrill?

You know... that person you invited here to lend credence to what you're talking about.

oops... shoulda been shill

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #970 - 04/15/13 at 07:54:39

Ive posted several times in this thread, in support of Bobs position. He didnt ask me to. Ive actually been exposed to some of these ideas by a dr years ago. That the masses have yet to grasp the realities doesnt make Bob a liar any more than the first guy who said the Earth wasnt the center of the universe was made a liar by the fact that everyone else said it was.
Just because youve been raised believing something doesnt make it so.
The federal reserve isnt federal & there is no reserve

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #971 - 04/15/13 at 08:34:56

I don't think I called him a liar, but if I implied so, sorry.

But I don't appreciate the tactic of recruiting a sock puppet to drum up a favorable conversation on this forum or any other.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #972 - 04/15/13 at 09:17:12

It just seems to me that if someone is a shill or sock puppet, then, by definition , the subject that the shill or sock puppet supports is false.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #973 - 04/15/13 at 18:02:40

verslagen1 wrote on 04/15/13 at 08:34:56:
I don't think I called him a liar, but if I implied so, sorry.

But I don't appreciate the tactic of recruiting a sock puppet to drum up a favorable conversation on this forum or any other.

I can see how that might be the interpretation.  I was just hoping there might have been someone here who both had an FJR, and had some success with the WB thing.  If such a person exists, I was going to try to cajole him into helping me out in yet another situation where I am grossly outnumbered.  I wouldn't call such a person a sock puppet,.. I'd call him a fellow enthusiast.  

Let's say someone in an aerobatic forum was badmouthing RYCA bikes, saying things like bikes are stupid, especially distorted little cruisers twisted into pseudo cafe racers.  I'd go join that aerobatic forum in a heartbeat, and help the guy out just because we have similar interests.

Someone here who is enjoying the benefits of being wheat/grain/sugar free, and also has an FJR, would have similar interests with me.  I'd hope to enlist him into the discussion on that FJr forum, and in that situation I wouldn't think he'd be a sock puppet.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #974 - 04/15/13 at 20:22:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/15/13 at 09:17:12:
It just seems to me that if someone is a shill or sock puppet, then, by definition , the subject that the shill or sock puppet supports is false.

Yes, that the general implication, but not necessarily so.

wiki has it as...

Quote:
A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing he has a close relationship with the person or organization

In this case, he may be there just to...

Quote:
merely generates "buzz"

Like many things presented here in the cafe... I like to be informed of, but not interested enough to converse at length with.  Thanks for the info... what's next?

And if that other forum thinks my cruiser, or converted cafe bike is BS, so what?  eat sh!t and howl at the moon for all I care.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 02:24:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.