Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #975 - 04/15/13 at 22:10:48

wow and I thought Alzhimers and dimentia were DNA related, kinda like cancer and heart disease.
Did that Mayo Clinic test with the 900 folks include family medical histories? I noticed there was no mention of it.
Guess i'll have to filter thru all 65 pages of posts....its gonna be a looonnnnggg night.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #976 - 04/16/13 at 19:12:38

I'm about to retract my request for help in that FJR forum.  
-- It appears that while there are several folks doing a pescatori on me (it doesn't work because it just can't work), over the past two days, there have been a few more chime in with active support, testifying that while they did not do the actual Wheat Belly thing, they did stop all wheat and sugar and had some impressive improvements.  
-- Some have stopped using the drugs they needed for many years to control things like blood pressure and acid reflux.
-- Most of them lost weight as well.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #977 - 03/22/18 at 19:45:51

Status update:

I'm still grain free, sugar free, gluten-free-free, and low carb.

It still works.  I'm in way better health now than when I started this in 2011.

The several guys at work I convinced to do this have had mixed results.
-- Some couldn't hack it,... they simply could not stop eating doughnuts, etc.  
-- The others have had similar success to mine.  The diabetics are no longer diabetic -- by that I mean they no longer need drugs or daily blood-sugar testing.  The arthritics lost most of their joint pain.  The guys with heart disease have all had improvements.  They all lost some weight.  The list goes on and on.

Yay!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #978 - 03/22/18 at 21:20:58

Just started a low carb diet.  This isn't my first rodeo with this sort of diet.

I lost 10 lbs (down to 205) on the Atkins Diet in 1997 right before I got married.  Gained 65 lbs over the next 10 years before doing the South Beach diet in 2007.  I lost most of the wight, but struggled to stay under 215.  I did a pretty good job (not perfect) with the diet for a few years and I floated around between 220-230.  I was okay with that as I never expected to get back below 200. I'm not that motivated by looks, was riding mountain bikes at a pretty high level and just don't have the will power.

Then my boys started playing travel baseball and I took a desk job at the same time.  The past several years I found myself sitting at a desk for 8 hours followed by sitting at a sporting event or practice 2-3 hours a day while driving more than 40k miles a year, eating a too much fast food, and drinking too much beer.  Each summer I drop a few pounds, gain it back, and then add a few extra.      Over the years, I've inched my way back up to 265 lbs.

These diets have worked for me in the past in terms of weight loss and better blood work.  But, my feeling is that it's really hard to eat healthy when you are busy as hell and it's really easy to make excuses. I don't think this diet ever becomes easy and that it takes a dedicated person to stick with it long term.  You are faced with tough decisions every day if you spend much time out of your house.

I would like to say that I can control my weight by simply eating less, but that hasn't worked for me the past few years.  I'm getting older. I eat less,
and I like a nice glass of red wine with my dinner, but love 3-4 cold beers even more!  But my boys are done with the summer ball, I've been a little more active, and I drive half as much as I used to (thanks in part to my Savage).  So I'm going low carb again and I hope I can make it work long term like Bob has.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #979 - 03/23/18 at 06:40:43

ohiomoto, the difference with this Wheat Belly thing is that it is not a diet, actually.  It is more akin to what a smoker goes through when he realizes he is killing himself with an addiction, and although it'll be a huge change, he finally decides to just stop smoking.  No other changes,...  just stop smoking.  

With Wheat Belly, there are no other changes, just stop ingesting grains. (and a couple other details to follow)

We all have been brought up in the grains and sugars culture.  We never knew anything else.  I spent the first 64 years of my life KNOWING that grains were healthy.  Yeah, right.

Finally, for several reasons, I overcame the addiction.  I just cut grains out of my life.  That is the basis of the Wheat Belly thing.  No grains, no added sugars, low carb, no gluten-free crap,... eat mostly single ingredient food.

I can eat anything I want as long as, like I just said,  it has no grains, no added sugars, low carb, no gluten-free crap.

That leaves me with only about 56,000 options for what I can eat.  I can deal with that.

Anyway, congrats on your new emphasis on getting healthy.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 19:10:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.