Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #60 - 10/17/11 at 09:59:26

I'm with Bill on this,...(can't believe I said that)... Grin...

The question isn't whether you'll see results,... of course you will, (you're cutting out part of your diet)...
The question is,.. is this result coming from a reduction of wheat products, or just the result of losing some weight?...
Drop some lbs, and you'll feel different in many ways...(maybe even migraines)...joint pains, energy, etc...
That's why most any cockamamie diet will work... as long as you're leaving something out, you'll lose weight...
The denser the calories of the item you leave off the better it will work...
... but basically,.. food is fuel.   Our bodies convert it all to sugars to burn, or excesses to fat to store...
The best diet is one that replaces higher calorie foods with lower ones...

This is basically the Atkins diet wearing a new hat...

PS... doing a little research of my own,..
One of Dr. "Wheat Belly's" claims is,...
Quote:
"Advocates of wheat consumption claim that multiple nutritional deficiencies will develop with elimination of this thing being sold to us called “wheat” (cause it ain’t wheat, but a genetically-altered product for high-yield). "...

While many crops are genetically modified,... I can't find anything about modified wheat...
GM foods has been trying to develop and market a genetically modified wheat,... but it ain't there yet...
... a list of genetically foods include,.. corn, soybeans, sugar beets, canola oils, papaya, sugar cane, rice, squash, peppers,..
... but, not wheat...

Not finding any modified wheat...  other than in Dr. Wheat Belly's related links..  
Is his wheat,... a red herring?... Huh...

« Last Edit: 10/17/11 at 11:47:14 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #61 - 10/17/11 at 12:32:47

I have been an Atkins drone for eight years.  Huge benefits for me,,.. solved a blood problem that had been unsolvable for decades, lost 30 pounds, cholesterol and blood pressure improved a lot, felt better, joints felt smooth again, on and on and on.

So, this wheat-free thing is not a huge change for me.  Like you say, it is mostly Atkins minus wheat.  Fine with me.  Anything that changes for me now will be a small case study in the diff between Atkins normal and Atkins sans wheat.

Forget all the cosmic diet hype.  I don't need no stinkin diet.  I've been 210 for 8 years.  Being 6'3" that is a reasonable weight.

I just didn't have any idea about the magnitude of the whole-grain fraud being perpetrated on the public by the government and the mega-companies selling the stuff.

Unfortunately it sounds as if most the folks here in this discussion are basing their opinions on the historical hype.  That don' bother me none.  That's normal in these kinds of situations.  Most of you are not stupid.  It would please me to no end, though, if one or two of you would actually read the book and contribute from a more learned basis.

Till then, I can quite easily handle being the cry in the dark trying to get some folks more enlightened.

« Last Edit: 10/25/11 at 14:00:27 by Gyrobob »  

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #62 - 10/17/11 at 14:15:19

Gyrobob wrote on 10/17/11 at 12:32:47:
Most of you are not stupid.

Most?...  
I got that...Grin Grin Grin...

I'm mostly just arguing for arguments sake...  If you have a "Wheat Belly",... I hope this gets rid of it for ya'... Wink...

Most folks have a jelly belly,...  need to cut the jelly's... Grin...

Me,... I'm a weed,... 5'7" 140lbs...
I struggled up to 150 once, just to say I'd been there...  didn't like it...
I eat anything,... try to get plenty veggies in,.. try to leave some fats out ...  that's about it...

I say nuttin's bad for you,,.. 'cept too much of anythin'...

Tonight,.. beef, potato, and onion perogie's,... with green beans and salsa casera...
... Buahahahaha!...   Grin...

« Last Edit: 10/17/11 at 16:55:23 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #63 - 10/18/11 at 14:02:15

Serowbot wrote on 10/17/11 at 14:15:19:
Gyrobob wrote on 10/17/11 at 12:32:47:
Most of you are not stupid.

Most?...  
I got that...Grin Grin Grin...

I'm mostly just arguing for arguments sake...  If you have a "Wheat Belly",... I hope this gets rid of it for ya'... Wink...

Most folks have a jelly belly,...  need to cut the jelly's... Grin...

Me,... I'm a weed,... 5'7" 140lbs...
I struggled up to 150 once, just to say I'd been there...  didn't like it...
I eat anything,... try to get plenty veggies in,.. try to leave some fats out ...  that's about it...

I say nuttin's bad for you,,.. 'cept too much of anythin'...

Tonight,.. beef, potato, and onion perogie's,... with green beans and salsa casera...
... Buahahahaha!...   Grin...

My reason to start Atkins 8 years ago was a blood yeast imbalance, of all things.  The doc put me on a diet that sounded a lot like Atkins, so I just bought a book and Atkins-ized myself.  It fixed the problem and I lost 30 lbs as a nice side benefit.  Enjoyed a lot of other benefits as well.  

I never have had a wheat belly.  I've just looked a little heftier sometimes (240 lbs) and skinnier sometimes (180 lbs when I was 20).  Never had an "overhang."

The term "wheat belly" refers to a condition brought on by wheat, which makes you look like you have a saggy flabby basketball under your shirt.  
 -- It's caused by a different way the wheat damages your body.  
 -- Wheat creates visceral fat,... a really damaging situation where your internal organs get infested and covered with fat, and gives you a disproportionately sized belly that tends to hang over your belt.
 -- A plain ol' fat person just stores gobs of fat all over, which doesn't say anything about visceral fat, it just says they are fat.  They may well have visceral fat too.

So if you have a mildly fat body, but you have a large overhang, belly-wise, you are doing some pretty nasty things to yourself.  Stop eating wheat.  It'll not only suck your belly back in, it might well add years of pleasant life.

« Last Edit: 10/20/11 at 07:56:27 by Gyrobob »  

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #64 - 10/20/11 at 03:53:07

it was best said in analize this. gangsters speaking "do yuz got a diet sandwich, buddy replied ya we do, it's half a sandwich"

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #65 - 10/20/11 at 07:54:02

sluggo wrote on 10/20/11 at 03:53:07:
it was best said in analize this. gangsters speaking "do yuz got a diet sandwich, buddy replied ya we do, it's half a sandwich"

These statements make the same point:

A smoker is dying from emphysema.  He is a two pack a day smoker.  His "solution" is to smoke only one pack a day.

or

Exercising is great.  I thought about exercising today three times, but didn't do it,.. I missed three opportunities to exercise.  I think tomorrow I'll only think about exercising once,.. that way I will only miss one opportunity.

or

My sobriety program is based on reduction of intake.  I have been drinking 12 beers and a bottle of wine every day.  In the future I will have only 6 beers and I'll leave some wine in the bottle.

In each of these examples, the diff between their "program" and cessation is night and day.

That's the way it is with this wheat thing.  We never knew wheat was so detrimental.  Cutting down on wheat will not do much.  Eliminating it works wonders.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #66 - 10/20/11 at 08:55:59

I had my morning bowl of Wheaties sprinkled with Wheat Germ,Breakfast of champions. Cool

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #67 - 10/20/11 at 10:15:27

bill67 wrote on 10/20/11 at 08:55:59:
I had my morning bowl of Wheaties sprinkled with Wheat Germ,Breakfast of champions. Cool

Now Bill, how do you ever expect to become bill68 with a breakfast like that?   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
SurfJunkie

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #68 - 10/20/11 at 11:31:01

As i had stated in my previous post, same diet doesn't work on all metabolisms and body types. People are different from this cool thing called genetics. Their ancestors ate things from specific regions, and thus their bodies evolved to be able to digest it. Just like Milk. Some people posses the enzyme Lactase to break it down, others don't and are lactose intolerant.

"Lactose intolerance is more common in people with Asian, African, Native American, or Mediterranean ancestry than it is among northern and western Europeans"

It can be caused by other things, but genetics are 95% of it.

There is no one size fits all diet model. If whatever you are doing is making you happy and working for you, then CONGRATS !

Also, Are you sure you arent experiencing Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity , or wheat allergy ??

http://gluten-intolerance-symptoms.com/#a2

"Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity is currently a little more difficult to pinpoint. Basically, individuals who suffer from NCGS suffer very similarly to people with Celiac Disease, but the blood test which identifies and diagnoses celiac disease returns as negative. The only way to confidently diagnose NCGS is through a gluten free diet (I’ll write more about NCGS in the future as it is an interesting topic which more directly addresses the controversy around the term gluten allergy symptoms).

Recent research and current gluten intolerance statistics suggest that 5% to 10% of the population may suffer from some form of gluten intolerance, and yet a vast majority of these individuals have not yet been properly diagnosed.

The third category is wheat allergy symptoms. The origin of wheat allergy symptoms are fundamentally different than gluten intolerance or celiac disease symptoms, but some might call it gluten allergy symptoms. This is a histamine response to wheat, much like a peanut allergy or hay fever. Wheat allergies manifest themselves in a wide variety of manners which can be different for different people. Some people experience hives while others might experience stomach pain."

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #69 - 10/20/11 at 17:46:15

SurfJunkie wrote on 10/20/11 at 11:31:01:
As i had stated in my previous post, same diet doesn't work on all metabolisms and body types. People are different from this cool thing called genetics. Their ancestors ate things from specific regions, and thus their bodies evolved to be able to digest it. Just like Milk. Some people posses the enzyme Lactase to break it down, others don't and are lactose intolerant.

"Lactose intolerance is more common in people with Asian, African, Native American, or Mediterranean ancestry than it is among northern and western Europeans"

It can be caused by other things, but genetics are 95% of it.

There is no one size fits all diet model. If whatever you are doing is making you happy and working for you, then CONGRATS !

Also, Are you sure you arent experiencing Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity , or wheat allergy ??

http://gluten-intolerance-symptoms.com/#a2

"Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity is currently a little more difficult to pinpoint. Basically, individuals who suffer from NCGS suffer very similarly to people with Celiac Disease, but the blood test which identifies and diagnoses celiac disease returns as negative. The only way to confidently diagnose NCGS is through a gluten free diet (I’ll write more about NCGS in the future as it is an interesting topic which more directly addresses the controversy around the term gluten allergy symptoms).

Recent research and current gluten intolerance statistics suggest that 5% to 10% of the population may suffer from some form of gluten intolerance, and yet a vast majority of these individuals have not yet been properly diagnosed.

The third category is wheat allergy symptoms. The origin of wheat allergy symptoms are fundamentally different than gluten intolerance or celiac disease symptoms, but some might call it gluten allergy symptoms. This is a histamine response to wheat, much like a peanut allergy or hay fever. Wheat allergies manifest themselves in a wide variety of manners which can be different for different people. Some people experience hives while others might experience stomach pain."

You assume that we are talking mutully exclusive absolutes.  You seem to imply there are some bodies that thrive on one diet, and die on another.

Not the case.

What IS the case is that these are tendencies, preferences, degrees, etc.  While I might lose 10lbs a week on a low carb diet, you might only lose 7.  The low carb principle applies to us all, regardless of metabolic differences.

Same with wheat.  Some bodies have a better resistance to the damage caused by wheat ingestion, some have drastic responses.  The suffering from wheat applies to us all, regardless of our ability to fight it off.

Said another way, you may seem real healthy even when you are eating a lot of government-recommended Kellogg-hyped whole-grain stuff.  If you simply stop eating wheat, you will improve.  Not as much as someone who is constantly stricken with all kinds of symptoms from eating wheat and not knowing what they do to themselves, but you will improve nonetheless.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #70 - 10/22/11 at 09:07:07

This thread has grown to the size of a wheat field

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #71 - 10/22/11 at 18:05:44

Built2Last wrote on 10/22/11 at 09:07:07:

Uck

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #72 - 10/22/11 at 20:33:24

Gyrobob wrote on 10/22/11 at 18:05:44:
Built2Last wrote on 10/22/11 at 09:07:07:

Uck

It's ok, we can use this wheat to brew some beer...  Cheesy

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #73 - 10/22/11 at 20:35:39

Beer brewed from grains has similar longterm health problems to eating wheat.  Maybe being made from wheat has something to do with it.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #74 - 10/22/11 at 20:45:43

Once you're drunk you won't care about it anymore Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home