Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #90 - 10/24/11 at 14:14:05

Quote:
Then, after I did some internet research of my own, I realized that he is on to something here.  The main concept is,... wheat is bad.  He's right.

Fair enough,... now, point me to the research... instead of the book...

So far,.. the research I've seen says Dr WheatBelly is wrong...

Grin Grin Grin.. PS,... I finally got the "0-60 in 2 seconds less?"...  That's what you gain in speed, if you lose the belly, right?...
Only took me 90 posts... Huh... my tack in now sharp...

« Last Edit: 10/24/11 at 16:31:19 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #91 - 10/24/11 at 17:02:11

Built2Last wrote on 10/24/11 at 14:03:02:
I wonder how the hardcore vegetarians and vegans feel about the anti-wheat lobbyist campaign... wheat makes up 99% of their diet I bet...

nah

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #92 - 10/24/11 at 18:42:28

Serowbot wrote on 10/24/11 at 14:14:05:
Quote:
Then, after I did some internet research of my own, I realized that he is on to something here.  The main concept is,... wheat is bad.  He's right.

Fair enough,... now, point me to the research... instead of the book...
So far,.. the research I've seen says Dr WheatBelly is wrong...

Grin Grin Grin.. PS,... I finally got the "0-60 in 2 seconds less?"...  That's what you gain in speed, if you lose the belly, right?...
Only took me 90 posts... Huh... my tack in now sharp...

Whew.  The first person to actually admit to the idea there might another side of the issue other than government hype!

When you do this kind of research, it is hard to get away from research cloaked in objectivity, but biased nonetheless.  Most of the government research starts off with the idea that "whole-grains are good, therefore our studies will prove this."

Most of this research is BORING.

Here are a few examples.  Discoveries like these caused me want to investigate it further.

Emily Deans, Psychiatrist.. "The hunt for evolutionary solutions to contemporary mental health problems"    She found a correlation between wheat intake and schizophrenia.

Lisa C. Hudgins's study:  Effect of High-Carbohydrate Feeding on Triglyceride and Saturated Fatty Acid Synthesis.    She showed that hi-carbs increase triglycerides, fat does not.  In the US, we get more than half of our carbs from wheat.

Westman, Yancy and others research:   A low-carbohydrate, ketogenic diet to treat type 2 diabetes.  They showed that low-carb can reduce the blood-sugar/insulin problem so significantly that diabetics can stop taking drugs.

The China Study by Cornell U's Dr. Colin Campbell.  He did an exhaustive study of diet and health in China over 20 years.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that he didn't tell the whole story.  He probably didn't realize the whole story.  Several folks have found in Campbell's data a positive correlation between wheat and heart disease, stroke, and several cancers.  

Dr. Stephan Guyanet.  His deal is to study the neurobiology of body fat regulation and obesity. He discovered some more about the China studies that showed the negative effect of wheat on health.  http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2008/07/wheat-is-invading-china.html

Barbara Allen.  From her book "Conquering arthritis"  wheat in the form of flour or grain makes arthritis worse

Dr. T Pearsall.  Avoid wheat lose weight. http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=robo&p=avoid%20wheat%20lose%20weight

Kristjan Mar Gunnarsson,  Worst Food to Eat to Lose Weight http://www.kriskris.com/worst-foods-to-eat/

Cordain.  Cereal Grains, Humanity's Double-edged Sword.  He found that when people became "civilized" and adopted grain into the diet, the life span decreased, osteoroporosis first appeared, infections increased, first evidence of diabetes, greater infant mortality.

I don't hold these up as conclusive proof, so let's don't debate the issue on this small sample.  I came up with these just now after about 30 min of internet wander just to show you these sources exist.  I didn't decide to get the book until I had studied the issue for several days. 

I still say, if you read the book and you saw the huge amount of advanced effort put into the research, you might alter your opinion.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #93 - 10/24/11 at 18:52:33

Gyrobob I'm not knocking your health conscious concerns, but everything I've read and seen about Dr. Davis and his work seems to be an "out of left field" diet fad scam... but like you say, I still haven't read the book but I did listen to his interview on Underground Wellness radio... and it sounded like he might as well been on Coast To Coast AM with Art Bell..  Cheesy

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #94 - 10/24/11 at 19:11:42

Built2Last wrote on 10/24/11 at 18:52:33:
Gyrobob I'm not knocking your health conscious concerns, but everything I've read and seen about Dr. Davis and his work seems to be an "out of left field" diet fad scam... but like you say, I still haven't read the book but I did listen to his interview on Underground Wellness radio... and it sounded like he might as well been on Coast To Coast AM with Art Bell..  Cheesy

I understand your attitude.  It pretty much can't be helped with all the hype and counter-hype these days.  I can relate exactly to what you say because I had just the same reaction!  Good grief, what will they say next!!!

The thing is, though, lots of folks said the same thing about Atkins,.. they still do.  I had spent years and years with seemingly unrelated problems having to do with blood disorders. Finally I found a Doc who said it looks like a yeast imbalance and he asked, "did you ever have massive doses of antibiotics when you were a kid."  Yup.  I had polio and complications therewith.  One of the treatments in the late 40s was gobs of penecillin, etc.  He put me on a low-carb (for low blood sugar) and low fermented food diet.  It looked an awful lot like Atkins, so I looked into it and did the Atkins thing.  Even then, I was sort of embarrassed to admit I was doing something like a fad diet.

Presto-zappo, it not only cleared up the blood trouble, my cholesterol became normal, tryglycerides plummeted, cholesterol ratios were marvelous for the first time in decades, and I lost 30 pounds.  All this happened when 99% of the hype was anti-Atkins.  I wasn't embarrassed anymore.

When I really studied this stuff with the stupid title of Wheat Belly, I guess I became a convert, partly because my skepticism wilted with the preponderance of evidence, and because I gave Atkins a shot when it was viewed a such a silly fad scam.

I appreciate your candor.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #95 - 10/25/11 at 01:50:35

Gyro you can read books and do your life like other people think,Or you can start thinking for yourself and do your life like you think.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #96 - 10/25/11 at 12:09:52

Most important part of reading, reading between the lines. I'd rather be wrong by myself rather than being told what to do.

IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #97 - 10/25/11 at 12:23:45

What amazes me the most is some of you guys that are so concerned about your health ride motorcycles!! Shocked

You have heard some people think they are hazardous to your health? Undecided I think there are some studies to that effect, anyway. Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #98 - 10/25/11 at 13:42:45

bill67 wrote on 10/25/11 at 01:50:35:
Gyro you can read books and do your life like other people think,Or you can start thinking for yourself and do your life like you think.

Sheeesh.

How do YOU learn things?  

Do you automatically discount the findings/research of people a lot smarter than you?  The folks doing this research are certainly more knowledgable than I!!!  

Do you pay attention to only that which you research personally?  If yes, what is it that you would research? Caveman art?

If you did research to learn about things, where would you go if you did not seek out the knowledge others have developed?

What a wacky statement.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #99 - 10/25/11 at 13:46:01

Arnold wrote on 10/25/11 at 12:09:52:
Most important part of reading, reading between the lines. I'd rather be wrong by myself rather than being told what to do.

Zackly!!!  That is why you do your OWN research.  Find out everything you can about a subject, then tally up all your findings, and make your own decision!  

Without doing your own research, you, in effect, are being told what to do.

Very good Arnold.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #100 - 10/25/11 at 13:47:22

Gyro don't think for yourself you might get a migraine headache.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #101 - 10/25/11 at 14:11:22

bill67 wrote on 10/25/11 at 13:47:22:
Gyro don't think for yourself you might get a migraine headache.

Funny you should mention that.  For the past three decades I have had maybe three or four headaches a week.  Sometimes they'd last for a few days.  Some were real humdingers,... mighta been migraines, not sure.

Around maybe 8 Oct, I started wheat-free-ness.  My last headache was on the 10th.  I'm crossing my fingers, but not since my 20s have I gone for two weeks with no headaches.  

So, maybe it is too early to tell, but thinking for myself has eliminated the headaches, not the other way around.

There are a few other changes that might be happening, but I am going to wait another few weeks to see if those changes are just wishful thinking or not.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #102 - 10/25/11 at 14:16:00

I honestly don't get headaches,I remember when I was young of having a few.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #103 - 10/25/11 at 14:25:25

bill67 wrote on 10/25/11 at 14:16:00:
I honestly don't get headaches,I remember when I was young of having a few.

I envy you.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #104 - 10/25/11 at 16:22:12

As long as what you thinks & say is what youve been taught all your life, youre thinking for yourself,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 13:03:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.