Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #45 - 10/16/11 at 14:24:33

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/16/11 at 09:06:54:
De Boles organic Jerusalem artichoke based sopaghetti is fine,, expensicve, at $2.50/ 8 oz,,

Would that it were wheat-free.   One serving has 43 carbs, and the first listed ingredient is semolina,.......  wheat!

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #46 - 10/16/11 at 15:06:58

My Great grandfather lived to be 101. He ate 2 slices of buttered toast and sweet tea with honey for breakfast, soup for lunch, and meat and potatoes for supper. every day. He also smoked 10 rollies, and drank an ounce of whiskey and a glass of stout every day, like clockwork.
My great great grandfather was 104 when he died. He was Italian, and ate lots of pasta and drank lots of red wine. He also smoked cigars, although only one a day after he turned 90.
I personally think a lot of our problems (diabetes, cancers etc.) have to do with food additives.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 10/16/11 at 15:33:02

Gyrobob wrote on 10/16/11 at 14:24:33:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/16/11 at 09:06:54:
De Boles organic Jerusalem artichoke based sopaghetti is fine,, expensicve, at $2.50/ 8 oz,,

Would that it were wheat-free.   One serving has 43 carbs, and the first listed ingredient is semolina,.......  wheat!

Well. POOT! Not much reason to spend that $$$... I dont even remember why I started buying that stuff,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #48 - 10/16/11 at 17:05:09

arteacher wrote on 10/16/11 at 15:06:58:
My Great grandfather lived to be 101. He ate 2 slices of buttered toast and sweet tea with honey for breakfast, soup for lunch, and meat and potatoes for supper. every day. He also smoked 10 rollies, and drank an ounce of whiskey and a glass of stout every day, like clockwork.
My great great grandfather was 104 when he died. He was Italian, and ate lots of pasta and drank lots of red wine. He also smoked cigars, although only one a day after he turned 90.
I personally think a lot of our problems (diabetes, cancers etc.) have to do with food additives.

an interesting tidbit of anecdotal info,...

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #49 - 10/16/11 at 18:42:21

The Wheat Belly guy (Dr. William Davis) is going to be on Pat Robertson's show (700 club?) tomorrow at 9 eastern.

I know, I know,... spare me the comments about Pat Robertson, pro or con.

If you want to hear the cardiologist that started all this stuff, here is a chance.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #50 - 10/16/11 at 18:52:11

Wheat is good for you, I eat wheat bread more than white.People come up with that stuff to make money selling a book.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #51 - 10/16/11 at 18:58:14

bill67 wrote on 10/16/11 at 18:52:11:
Wheat is good for you, I eat wheat bread more than white.People come up with that stuff to make money selling a book.

Wrong.  As I mentioned many posts ago, the only folks that make comments like yours are folks that have not read the book.  You have not read the book.

Besides, if you read the book, you'll see right away this guy is not in the business of writing books,... not for making lot of money in book sales.  This book is boring -- the first 2/3 of it is mostly science,.. study after referenced study.  If you wade through it, the facts are overwhelming.  Wheat is not good for you.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #52 - 10/16/11 at 19:57:14

I know the fallacy of excepting one persons viewpoint of an argument.
Have you checked the studies yourself?

Once had a door to door salesman come to the house, I thew him out cause I couldn't stand his attitude.  Kept calling me stupid if I didn't agree with him... every time he opened his mouth the joke came to mind... "how can you tell a salesman is lying?"

WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #53 - 10/17/11 at 02:50:16

Wheaties the breakfast of champions. Cool

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #54 - 10/17/11 at 03:40:12

Its getting to the point where we have no way of knowing how to eat safely, foods being GMO now & the hidden ingredients, like MSG, & the corn sweetener syrup, from GMO corn, of course,,Aspartame is slipped into things. Its getting crazy..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #55 - 10/17/11 at 06:26:47

Over the years your body adjust to all the things people are told are bad for you, As long as your not to much over weight you will only die when your time comes.It doesn't matter what you eat.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #56 - 10/17/11 at 09:10:14

verslagen1 wrote on 10/16/11 at 19:57:14:
I know the fallacy of excepting one persons viewpoint of an argument.
Have you checked the studies yourself?

Once had a door to door salesman come to the house, I thew him out cause I couldn't stand his attitude.  Kept calling me stupid if I didn't agree with him... every time he opened his mouth the joke came to mind... "how can you tell a salesman is lying?"

I agree about buying into one person's opinion.  

The way he presents his findings, though, is pretty convincing because he shows how other unbiased, reputable, skillful, people/organizations have come up with findings that guided him to his beliefs.

That's why I keep saying that if you haven't read the book, all you can rely on is all the hype put out by the government and the "agenda-driven" nutritionists.  If you study their "studies" and compare them to unbiased studies, it is hard to not reach the conclusion that the whole-grain wheat thing is a fraud, bordering on being criminal.

Anyway, I am SuzukiSavage.com's case study.  I started this about a week ago.  I'll let you know how it turns out.
 -- Could be a coincidence, but I have not had a headache or a migraine for 5 days.   That has not happened since I was in my 20s.  Headache reduction is not something Dr. Davis has advertised as a beneficial result, but on the forums and the WB facebook page, a lot of folks have had similar results.  
 -- I'm three pounds lighter, but at 209, that could just be within the margin of error over such a short time period.  

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #57 - 10/17/11 at 09:12:18

bill67 wrote on 10/17/11 at 06:26:47:
Over the years your body adjust to all the things people are told are bad for you, As long as your not to much over weight you will only die when your time comes.It doesn't matter what you eat.

What you eat matters a lot.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #58 - 10/17/11 at 09:26:07

I'm 5 6 weight 150lbs same weight I was when I got out of high school.I know a little about eating.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #59 - 10/17/11 at 09:46:33

bill67 wrote on 10/17/11 at 09:26:07:
I'm 5 6 weight 150lbs same weight I was when I got out of high school.I know a little about eating.

Correct.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 14:00:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.