Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #15 - 10/09/11 at 11:02:55

Serowbot wrote on 10/09/11 at 10:55:00:
... but,.. the "nasty" foods, are the staple foods that cultures are built on...
Wheat, potatoes, rice, pasta,...   sustenance foods...
Of course, if you leave out the main staple foods, you will lose weight.  ... and overweight people will be healthier if the lose the weight...

But I don't think these foods are bad,... excess is bad...

I'm not a nutrition expert... and I don't read "self help" or "nutrition/diet books...  but, I do know, there are enough "nutrition expert" theories out there, that you can pick and choose the evil food culprit of your choice...
Don't eat meat,.. don't eat fat,.. don't eat carbs,.. don't eat sugar,.. don't eat starch,..  

Just don't eat a lot... Huh...

I agree there are too many "nutrition" experts out there with conflicting agendas based on ways for them to make money.

That's why I tend to put more stock into guys like this Dr. Davis.
   -- He spent decades as a mainstream cardiologist, and then starting noticing some strange things that ran counter to what he was taught in school.  
   -- He pursued it, and found out a lot of things he started to use to benefit his patients.  (Similar deal with Atkins, although he did convert to big-time marketeer)  
   -- When Dr. Davis found out a complete enough story about this wheat addiction/cultural damage thing, he decided to tell the world. 
   -- This situation seems to have more credibility to me than one nutritionist battling another.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #16 - 10/09/11 at 11:08:49

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/09/11 at 10:07:07:
Antibiotics have done real damage by killing some of the Good Gut Bugs off, creating "Leaky Gut Syndrome". Foods not being completely broken down prior to passing from the gut into the blood exposes the immune system to things it doesnt expect to see, it then attacks them,, thats where food allergy begins in many cases. REgaining a healthy gut is important in repairing the problem, probiotics time, folks. Even then, ya gotta lay off of the foods youre allergic to for a long time & rotate the diet so as to avoid becoming allergic to foods you can still eat. Since wheat is in so many things its hard to not eat it.. &, odd as it sounds,, we tend to crave what we are allergic to.

& when we cut sugar out, the yeasty crap that depends on it makes us absolutely miserable.. Keep the carbs down, your brain NEEDS carbs, & fats. Lipids are crucial to the brain, dont use margarine, real butter, olive oil, not crisco or some GMO crop oil,,
MSG is used in labs. When a scientist needs a fat lab rat, they give a baby an MSG shot,, it wrecks their system & they get fat,,
Diet drinks have aspartame,, horrible crap..

Look up MSG code words,,

Ohh,, read the contents, if its got the corn sweetener in it, its bad news,, corn is almost all GMO now, & even the best organic stuff is polluted by Monsatans pollen.

You'll spend $$ on good food today or hope for a good doctor later.

Heres a few clues Rowboat.. The steady intake of any food tends to create allergies for people in industrialized countries. OUr use of antibiotics had a great deal to do with it, Now we have GMO foods,, causing much trouble,,& so much stuff is polluted with additives,,

OUr life expectancy isnt getting better folks,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #17 - 10/10/11 at 14:10:29

I'm getting into some more interesting parts in the book.  It appears like eating wheat-free is nowhere near as miserable as eating low-fat. In fact, since I have had several years of experience with Atkins, it'll be a cinch.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #18 - 10/12/11 at 07:19:04

You can't eat anything nowadays. Everything is bad for you. I think I'm gonna go eat some worms, no ones said they're bad yet.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 10/12/11 at 07:56:52

Raise some collard greens.. Theyre easy to raise & taste awwrite if cooked up with some onions, garlic & tomato with some bacon grease. I save all that so I can use it cooking the greens.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #20 - 10/12/11 at 08:04:12

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/12/11 at 07:56:52:
Raise some collard greens.. Theyre easy to raise & taste awwrite if cooked up with some onions, garlic & tomato with some bacon grease. I save all that so I can use it cooking the greens.

Nope can't eat those either, lack of protein and carbs.. look at how pissed off and malnourished vegetarians are  Cheesy

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 10/12/11 at 08:09:35

Built2Last wrote on 10/12/11 at 07:19:04:
You can't eat anything nowadays. Everything is bad for you. I think I'm gonna go eat some worms, no ones said they're bad yet.

Stay away from the ones at the neuclear plant
and I hear the ones from bandini mountain have extra zip.

WWW   IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #22 - 10/12/11 at 08:18:00

Quote:
Stay away from the ones at the neuclear plant
and I hear the ones from bandini mountain have extra zip.

darn it.. now I can't even eat worms.. I heard someone wrote a book on how starvation will kill you as well... so I gotta eat somethin... I'm down ta either a deadly steak, a burrito of death, or a pocket sandwich of premature decomposition...

IP Logged
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Reply #23 - 10/12/11 at 08:23:09

There are gluten-free beers available... Redbridge from Budweiser is one that I am aware of, my friends wife drinks it. Wink

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #24 - 10/12/11 at 08:25:15

The only folks who make negative (or inane) comments about this concept have not read the book.  Anyone who reads the book, and has no biased marketing/sales agenda (Kellogg's for example) comes away convinced.

BTW, the book has a large section on all the stuff you CAN eat. The menu is not all that restricted, especially since fat and calories don't have much to do with it.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #25 - 10/12/11 at 08:25:53

I say that someone needs ta research what the builders of the Egyptian pyramids ate.. apparently they got nuts done...

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #26 - 10/12/11 at 08:31:08

Gyrobob I'm not knocking that ya think the book is good stuff, I'm just knocking the whole nutrition industry in general... one month this is good for ya, the next month that whole grain tuna wrap is what's killin ya, but last year that was the best thing ya could eat type of mentality...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #27 - 10/12/11 at 08:57:13

My great grandfather lived to be 97,If he would have known how to eat right he would she be alive. :'(

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #28 - 10/12/11 at 09:06:55

Mr. Suzuki lived to be around 100.. I thought Ramen was bad for ya????

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #29 - 10/12/11 at 09:22:07

Built2Last wrote on 10/12/11 at 08:31:08:
Gyrobob I'm not knocking that ya think the book is good stuff, I'm just knocking the whole nutrition industry in general... one month this is good for ya, the next month that whole grain tuna wrap is what's killin ya, but last year that was the best thing ya could eat type of mentality...

I agree.  We seem to be inundated with don't eat this and don't eat that.  If you put everyone's rules together, you couldn't eat anything.

This guy, though, doesn't seem to be in the fad diet game. He sure isn't in the selling books game,... "wheat belly" is a boring read. The first half of it is mostly science/research, etc.  He's obviously a smart guy, and has a righteous crusade, but you really have to want to understand the concept to get through the book. If for some reason, you just buy into the concept, you can skip 2/3 of it and just go to the "here's what to do" sections.

I'm trying it now.  Maybe in a month, I'll have something else to say about it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/23/24 at 03:44:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.