LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Spring Fever
Reply #30 - 04/09/23 at 03:52:01

Besides parts, I watch eBay for BSA’s of any variety that come up.  There isn’t a lot of them at any one time, maybe a half dozen, but there sure are some nice examples for sale, and most are decently priced.  
There are some really nice ones out there.
I would need a lot more $$ and a new larger barn to house them though.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #31 - 04/09/23 at 11:39:31

If I ever win the lotto , purchase a small warehouse and start a shop/museum with at least 4 lifts and some space. No bike be allowed into the collection unless it’s 100% road/race ready or it’s stays in warehouse till it is. Generally I don’t need much space to build , storage always takes the most room. I don’t know how but when a bike is done there’s 5 to 10 boxes of spare crap , some worth saving some not. Getting my crapalanche of motorcycle parts organized will take some time. I’m a COLLECTOR , I hate being forced to sell m/c due to lack of space. I wish I had back every one of my m/c I ever owned. It’s my history and it hurts to sell it. Not quite sure but it would be around 25-30 bikes , many BSAs,Honda,Yamaha.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #32 - 04/19/23 at 11:56:21

Hey Ruttly!

I got the Savage out for the first ride today.......spring does make a fellow do strange things! Wink

IMG_1344.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #33 - 04/19/23 at 16:32:25

Did your wife know what you were doing ?

IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #34 - 04/19/23 at 18:27:15

I thought our top speed was 80-something.  Oh, maybe that's stock.  Cheesy

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #35 - 04/20/23 at 12:27:52

That’s more like it Dave ! I knew she’s got it in her. Thank You for stepping up your game , at 101 I knew I could beat that. At 107 well let’s just say , l gots a huge grin and very happily accept. I can almost get my leg over the BSA but haven’t tried the tracker yet. So do tell us all about the conditions , that were obviously really good. Time of day , temperature , downhill , wind at your back , backpack full of bowling balls. More than one run ? I bet it felt good , maybe a tad scary ?
Inquiry Minds want to know , spill the beans , all the dirty little details , give it up Super Dave. Ok , finish tracker seat or not , it’s the BSAs turn on the lift. Someone has thrown the gauntlet down , I freakin love it !

Oh yeah congratulations !   Shocked

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #36 - 04/20/23 at 12:31:43

No nitrous , right , Dave ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #37 - 04/20/23 at 12:35:48

Spring Fever is definitely infectious
Long winter does that

« Last Edit: 04/20/23 at 17:02:13 by Ruttly »  

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #38 - 04/20/23 at 18:36:20

Well...the truth is not as exciting as the lie! Roll Eyes

Last year when I was riding the Cherohala Skyway with Armen.....my battery cable came loose and my speedo and tach went crazy.  All that electrical mayhem tricked my speedo and tach into recording bogus numbers.

101.1 is still my best "real" speed, and there is really no reason to try and improve that with my current setup....it just doesn't want to go any faster.  A better header/muffler would likely help - my current setup has a nice sound, but is likely a bit restrictive.

In the future for this bike is a 97mm flat top piston, a bigger header and less restrictive muffler....and a steering damper.  This bike gets really wiggly as you approach 100mph!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #39 - 04/20/23 at 20:56:42

Ok you got me , bad ! I was excited for you , got me all excited. I’m always ready for a challenge. I was skeptical about the 8000 rpm , default numbers. I should have known. Throw that gauntlet down anytime , I’ll be ready. Just for that I’m gonna ride it this weekend. Found a perfect road not far from here , a bit over a mile and straight & flat , no trees for gps. Try out my new skid lid !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #40 - 04/21/23 at 03:34:31

When I started my bike up yesterday and saw those numbers....I just had to do something with them!  They couldn't just be erased and forgotten.

The unfortunate thing about the way the GPS records the maximums....is that they are not necessarily concurrent.  If you hit the maximum rpm in third gear yesterday...and the maximum mph today - then those are the numbers displayed.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #41 - 04/21/23 at 05:25:04

Can’t wait to try the GPS , big fun , instant gratification. Most of my SR500s would pull 107 with stock gears , no reason tracker can’t do it , absolutely obtainable !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #42 - 04/23/23 at 09:42:27

Hey Dave , I might be out and about today  , testing gps. Stop & get a shot of super , just cruise it downtown. No speed runs , nice & easy , no stupid stuff (yeah right). Check out the Dunlops , wanna find the R/R crossing but the hip says NO. I’ll bring my phone just in case I need to record any accidental crossings into the Ton territory. I’m changing the name of that road I found to Ton Rd.  That area prone to flooding during snow melt especially this year , yesterday it was 90 so it’s a comin. Keep telling myself slow and easy , not sure I know how !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #43 - 04/23/23 at 10:24:43

Ruttly wrote on 04/23/23 at 09:42:27:
Hey Dave , I might be out and about today  , testing gps. Stop & get a shot of super , just cruise it downtown. No speed runs , nice & easy , no stupid stuff (yeah right). Check out the Dunlops , wanna find the R/R crossing but the hip says NO. I’ll bring my phone just in case I need to record any accidental crossings into the Ton territory. I’m changing the name of that road I found to Ton Rd.  That area prone to flooding during snow melt especially this year , yesterday it was 90 so it’s a comin. Keep telling myself slow and easy , not sure I know how !  

Baby steps dude.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #44 - 04/23/23 at 22:17:09

Baby steps , now he tells me ! Ok , first ride was successful , that means I’m alive.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 00:24:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › Spring Fever

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.