Over size Tank (Read 1937 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Over size Tank
Reply #15 - 01/04/17 at 10:04:42

I did my first Savage with Rattle can Polyurethane back when it had a "Tint" to it.   Yea , nice thick coats ... Three years later it started to peel .  Embarrassed

I did my Harley tank with the newer stuff a year ago , no tinting this time , thin coats , three + hours between coats , and its still looks good (so far) . Roll Eyes  

I refinished some furniture in my kitchen one winter.  A few specks of Polyurethane got on the floor.    A few weeks later when I noticed it , I tried getting it up ...  Sad ...  It didn't come up ...  Sad ... nothing would touch it !  Embarrassed

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #16 - 01/04/17 at 11:42:37

Mike. Pikes Peak is just wishful thinking for the next couple months as events are posted for this year(You know I'm a roller derby fan.)

http://www.ppihc.com/updates/2016/09/06/the-broadmoor-pikes-peak-internationa...

Colorado Springs——–The Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, brought to you by Gran Turismo, will stage its 95th running on Sunday, June 25, 2017.

But I do have that date circled on the calendar!

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #17 - 01/04/17 at 12:35:32

Mike, Check out this 9 min vid of last year's winner...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZbtDdf8Syo

Makes the dragon look pretty mellow! See all the snow along one side of the road? It's the end of June and still snow! And most of the other side of the road there's NOTHING BUT AIR!!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #18 - 01/04/17 at 20:23:08

That thing sounded really wound-up .    All that "AIR" on the sides along with to much speed is about enough to have me choosing another place to ride !  Roll Eyes

You ever rode in the Black-Hills area ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #19 - 01/04/17 at 20:41:44

Mike, Not yet! I think if we go on any more we should move to the Savage Events thread.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 01/04/17 at 21:05:38

Yep , I think so too.  Smiley

I'm going to start hunting Decals for the new tank ... it should be here with-in a week .  Wink

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 01/05/17 at 12:43:39

Put my Savage totally back together and changed the oil for springtime.   Done, complete.  

Total Savage gas capacity is now 3.5 gallons, 4.5 gallons if I still carry the gallon jug of spare gas in the saddle bag.    If I run out of gas now, it is my own fault.

=======================================

Now, the Savage comes off the bike jack. Barcalounger goes on the bike rack.

I Have already fitted one of the key Barcalounger new features one which is claimed to be able to double your COMFORTABLE daily ride distance.

I like it because the thought of another set of Warfarin blisters along the seam of my pants REALLY does not fill me with glee.  

7.5 gallons of gas capacity and an adjustable air cushioned seat that does increase my glee level, considerably.

IMG_20170105_153442723.jpg

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #22 - 01/05/17 at 21:53:49

I'm thinking of 1/2 gal in each saddle bag for the desperate refill !  Roll Eyes

If there was a flat tank on the luggage rack that I could still have a trunk back there ...  Huh

A person could put a tank inside of the bike trunk and run the hose like you did.   It would look like a trunk and might hold 2 or 3 gals.  

OldFeller ,  I've got an extra "trunk" you could have if your interested  in trying it.   I'm measure it tomorrow but I think its about 16-18" wide and probely 10 or 12" Dia.  with quick disconnect buckles .

Smiley

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #23 - 01/05/17 at 22:21:12

I found some decals for the new tank already , they are on the way now .  Smiley

Light Gray color  , No it don't say Harley ... It says " M & M Ranch "

new_decal_2.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #24 - 01/05/17 at 22:32:27

get it on ebay of course :  Grin

new_decal.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #25 - 01/17/17 at 16:05:39

Kenny wrote : I often thought that if I ever take a long trip again I would go for an axillary tank mounted behind the drivers seat and set it up so it would be a snap to take it off after returning home.  .  

I'm thinking this way more and more too !   Undecided

The 250 Suzuki tank would require :  Nothing being mounted under the tank .   The tunnel is barely wide enough for the frame.    Tongue

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #26 - 01/17/17 at 16:42:53

MMRanch wrote on 01/05/17 at 22:32:27:
get it on ebay of course :  Grin

Mike, what is the link to the store for these graphics ?

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #27 - 01/17/17 at 16:56:46

MM,

So you are saying the 250 tank is not worthwhile?

Even to get the speedometer up where one can see it?

Would the gizmo that lifts the valve to start the engine have to be relocated to use the 250 tank?

At one time someone made an auxiliary tank that fit in a Harley saddle bag and as I recall it worked pretty good. Depending where I am riding a break every couple of hours is nice, if there is a gas station available.

It is a pain waiting on AAA truck coming with a gallon of gas.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #28 - 01/17/17 at 18:03:18

MMRanch wrote on 01/17/17 at 16:05:39:
The 250 Suzuki tank would require :  Nothing being mounted under the tank .   The tunnel is barely wide enough for the frame.    Tongue

So it's not quite a "bolt it on and go ride" situation?

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #29 - 01/17/17 at 21:01:59

Lancer ,   I hope this will get ya where ya want to go  ??   If it don't I'll try to do better next time ...   Roll Eyes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222067759133?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=...

-------------------------------------

I'll have another look before giving up .   but ...

Defiantly the "tank contact pads are too wide , and it looks like the coil is going to have to move .   Standard tank tunnel is over 4" and the 250 tunnel is about 2.5" .    The rear tank mount is too wide but that should be an easy fix and the petcock will be close if not perfect .   I needed to ride when the weather turn warm this week and put it back together without turning on the "CUT-SAW" ...  Smiley

Next week is cooling off again so  ???

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/30/24 at 02:57:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Over size Tank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.