Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
2016 Ride Schedules and Planning Thread (Read 771 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: 2016 Ride Schedules and Planning Thread
Reply #45 - 11/15/15 at 08:20:52

If they want to sell many of those they better widen it a bit, it looks too narrow for me and I'm not that big a guy by today's standards, that just looks cramped

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #46 - 11/15/15 at 08:29:57

If you guys insist on going to New Orleans, stay in Slidell. Much safer all around. 20-30 minutes from the Quarter.

Or if we still have the Bay house, I'll talk to the fossil about using it. 3 bed, 2 full bath, triple lot on a salt water canal. Bay Saint Louis Mississippi. About an hour outside the Quarter.

I'm going back to work this afternoon, so any summer plans for me just got scrambled like a dropped egg.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #47 - 11/15/15 at 12:38:31

That would be nice ......   thanks, WD

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bay+St+Louis,+MS/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x889c2dcb...

That would be about half way from Old_Rider's place to New Orleans proper.   Closer and very much on the way.    

Plus no 25% homeless population to deal with ......     Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #48 - 11/15/15 at 19:01:55

OldFeller wrote :

This would require me to go ahead and do the second rail, then loading your bike using a larger version of the strap pull system (that I already have) to make your bike come on up the sloped load rail by breaking the hinge on the trailer.   We may have to load your bike backwards to stop the handlebars from interfering, but that too is completely doable with two people.

If you could put your's on in reverse then I can just wheelie mine on when I meet ya !  Wink

we may have a plan ,  Cool.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #49 - 11/16/15 at 05:08:29

One of the roads in the KY area that I recently found, is KY 165.  It is about 30 miles long I believe, and is kind of like a Cherohala Skyway at 1/4th scale.  It takes me about half an hour to reach this, so it is not always available to me - when I reach the end of it I am an hour from home.  There is a good place to eat when you reach the end of it, the Blue Lick Battlefield is a State Park and they have a good restaurant.

You don't need to watch the entire video....but scan around and you can get an idea what the local roads are like.  This one has more straights and sweepers than most of our rural roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqS0u9QWMmg

This video is Route 10 and Route 22.....I ride these roads a lot as the Route 10 is only a mile from my house.  If I want an hour ride I take Route 10 down to Brooksville and turn around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9hd0rg2vi8

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #50 - 11/16/15 at 20:31:43

With all the crap i'm going through this month and next month, i'm not too sure about any spring riding.

I still have to get the back worked on.... and that will most likely occur around Christmas or early January.

I can still house a couple of folks if you are passing through, but not sure i'll be able to join the group.

It's up in the air, but I don't let too much hold me back Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #51 - 11/16/15 at 23:21:45

Moderators, please feel free to reach in and edit if I miss a change in one of the planned rides or dates.

========================================

Twisted Sister Run, Texas Hill Country  Mid to Late April       (final dates not determined yet)

verslagen1 wrote on 12/10/15 at 10:31:17:
So it looks like April 15th thru the 20th is a go but we can wait till Feb. to finalize.

Sign up and discussion thread is http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1438888894/72#72

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground Run  (July 22-30)

Waynesville has a week long folk festival with multiple events scheduled -- it is the Folkmoot !!!

http://www.romanticasheville.com/folkmoot.htm

Dave's Farm Run, Scoot and Shoot along with 20 pound Catfish wrassling    (mid August)

Big Dog Dragon Run   (first week of October)

Bryson City does a week long historical Festival during this week including stuff like this .....

http://www.greatsmokies.com/events.php?24TB_iframe=lbrjgperu&cal_m=10&cal_y=2...

This year we will get 6 different concerts of the same sort of mountain/rural/classical country, in addition to the Boogerton Gap concert again, but all during the same Oct. 1st-3rd time span.  Different concert every night, looks like.   First week of October has 66 high and 53 low on average for the month and decreased rainfall.

http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/canton/north-carolina/united-stat24es/us...

=======================================

« Last Edit: 01/29/16 at 06:58:25 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #52 - 01/28/16 at 22:04:36

OldFeller wrote : MM,

Dave isn't going and I can drive past Atlanta on the way to Florida, so we could meet up and load your bike on my trailer if you want to do that.   Or you could ride, if that's what you prefer to do.

This would require me to go ahead and do the second rail, then loading your bike using a larger version of the strap pull system (that I already have) to make your bike come on up the sloped load rail by breaking the hinge on the trailer.   We may have to load your bike backwards to stop the handlebars from interfering, but that too is completely doable with two people.

Shouldn't take but a half hour to load with one of us making sure the bike stays upright while the strap pulls it up incline.

OldFeller , does pulling a trailer just KILL your MPG.   On my little Sonic w/1800cc motor it sure does , especially in the hill country.   but yea if your car will pull them we can surely get them loaded.   I had the thought of taking the bed cover off my Ranger and trying two bikes on it also.   I understand two other fellers here figured that one out already.   The Ranger has the 4.0L engine and it don't care what kinda load its got , its 23MPG empty if its treated nicely  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #53 - 01/28/16 at 22:06:15

Any Body considering Bike Week in Daytona this year ?   Huh

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #54 - 01/29/16 at 06:55:04

Oh, not this boy I am afraid.  

Right now my big debate is "Should I become a partial cow zombie or a warfarin addicted Borg" for the rest of my life.    In any case, I have an appointment with a scalpel week after next to have a new lower heart valve put in.

I am aiming at going to Dave's this August after I heal up good.   I may be just driving the Cube if I haven't healed and recovered well enough to ride long distances, but I can sit and shoot some if that is the case while the rest of you run off and have fun.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #55 - 01/29/16 at 06:57:05

Depends on finances
Me and Springman did the 2 S40s in a Ranger thing last year for the dragon
personally in you and OFs spot I'd have him come to your place, load the 2 bkse in the trailer, and pull it with the Ranger
loading on a trailer is easier unless you have a loading dock (on BOTH ends) and the Ranger is built to pull
We just staggered the bikes so the bars of one were behind the bars of the other, but even 1 S40 won't ride in a 6' bed with the tailgate up unless it's kitty cornered, and then the fender and plate rub the tailgate

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #56 - 01/29/16 at 06:58:32

actually going to bike week on a scooter might be a bad idea  Grin

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #57 - 01/29/16 at 07:01:57

Moderators, please feel free to reach in and edit if I miss a change in one of the planned rides or dates.

Trip is DONE    Twisted Sister Run, Texas Hill Country  April 15th thru the 20th

Read all about it     http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1438888894/220#220

[color=#0000ff][b]June 17th exploratory trip to N. Georgia area is DONE.   North Georgia doesn't  have the good Savage style roads like NC has, so a replan is in motion for the next trip.

July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-30 is DONE

View the discussion thread http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1454499524/72#72

and the picture thread  http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1469137588/18#18

TRIP IS DONE, very successful

Dave's Farm Run, Scoot and Shoot along with 20 pound Catfish wrassling  (August 24th - 28th)

This will be a large one, so go to the discussion thread

Sign up and discussion thread is http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1454094115

« Last Edit: 08/29/16 at 10:57:18 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #58 - 08/16/16 at 04:54:18

Un-stickied.....and likely to fade off into oblivion!

The last scheduled summer event is the group ride at my house coming up August 24 - 28 (some folks are arriving on the 23rd and may stay a bit longer).

If you are in the area and just want to come over for a day/night and fish or go on a ride with us......let me know.  We might ride to Quaker Steak and Lube in Milford on Wednesday night, or the one in Florence on Thursday night.....and maybe to Fuel on Saturday morning if you want to meet us there.

Dave  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #59 - 08/16/16 at 07:15:46

It was a full list of stuff that evolved into some very good trips.

Wishing everyone more of the same next year !!!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 06:24:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2016 Ride Schedules and Planning Thread

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.