Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Pics from the Dragon
Reply #15 - 07/25/16 at 08:50:43

One of the reasons I would bet Dave could eat any Savage out there in a top end contest is Dave himself.  

He is relatively small and wry and somewhat aggressive in riding nature.  

He likes to get down low over the tank (lays on his tank bag) and he has a FRESH engine that breathes well.

Did Dave get frisky with some other brand of scoot and just pull away from him at will?  

He can do that, you know.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #16 - 07/25/16 at 08:59:19

I tend to agree O/F, Dave is "Quietly Aggressive" and really light weight compared to the rest of us in the 200+ range, and his riding skills are something to be seen.  It's a good thing he is on our team ! 😉

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 07/25/16 at 09:52:47

Thanks or the compliments....I do feel like I am riding well these days - but when a good rider on a sport bike blows past me, I begin to realize that there are others out there that are much faster (and braver).  MM and Oldfeller and I have never actually gotten into any kind of a race to see who is the quickest - there is just no reason to push the limits and take a chance of somebody getting hurt.  We do sometimes pick up the pace and ride fast enough to get the blood flowing! Wink

My bike weighs between 310-320 pounds.  Verslagen and I never had a drag race - but when he was at the Dragon event last time I believe his bike and mine are just about an even match at the speeds we were riding.  I never have been around Lancer's REX when it was running - but I understand it was likely the winner of any Savage drag race.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #18 - 07/25/16 at 10:59:03

I rode REX once for a short parking lot loop.   It was a "Race Engine" ride .    Way too much power to open it up in 1st or 2nd gear.

Dave  there was more than once when you "Just Pulled-away" Friday and Saturday.   Usually on a uphill coming out of a curve.  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:23:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Pics from the Dragon

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.