Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Twisted Sister Ralley 2016 (Read 3025 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
3 Twisted Sisters/Texas Hill Country - Spring 2016
Reply #60 - 09/24/15 at 16:09:32

Hey ya'll, let's make this the official thread for the Spring 2016 Sisters ride so we can keep it all in one location.

Oldfeller, you seem to be much better than me at getting these things going so I defer to you from here. I'll jump in here and there.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: 3 Twisted Sisters/Texas Hill Country - Spring
Reply #61 - 09/24/15 at 16:34:01

Hhehe.... well you started it... and Old Feller does the east side of the US....

Neal... I mean youzguyz  is a good host for the west side.... but it will all come together as we all put in our 3 cents..

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #62 - 09/24/15 at 16:46:46

Thanks Old Rider. I think. Shocked

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #63 - 09/24/15 at 16:50:38

First thang is to get a non-retired moddyrater to create a sticky out of this thread.

Then Old_Rider, you me and the rest of us put the Twisted Sissy stuff all in here so we can find ourselves wid both hands.

We gots us two sets of folks planning to haul us all to Texas this spring.  

Me, I like Old-Rider's thought of the big puller and the big trailer, like we saw hauling a half dozen big hurleys on just last trip.

Now that some of you guys have actually been on both trips you understand the contest --- who can out do and out BS the others.

On the one trip you had breakfast buritos and tall stacked burgers.

On the other trip you had all the beef brisket, BBQ and fixings you could eat.

On one trip you were bumpin' grates and popping shock struts.

On the other trip you if weren't bug eyed wid twisty terror then you was doing a little bit of butt bumpin' and bleedin' ....

Each trip needs to up its game some to garner some more bonus point for the next year's earth shaking competition.

Now mind you, I got a hidden advantage, I wuz born in Longview Texas and I got pics of me catching scorpions in a mason jar when I was 4 1/2 years old.  

You see, I thought it was a sort of funny fiddler crab, because by then I was living in tidewater Virginia and I knew all about catchin' crabs.  

My Texas Granny just about karked her drawers when I came out from under the domino table where I had been trying to catch crabs for the last 15 minutes crawling around over their feet with my mason jar.  

Yup, I came up with one big old black scorpion in my jar just a hitting the inside of the glass with his stinger and spraying yellow out on the inside surface.

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #64 - 09/24/15 at 17:36:09

Do you mind if I snap this one to the back of the one I already started?

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Twisted Sister Ralley 2016
Reply #65 - 09/25/15 at 09:06:30

I was just trying to keep it all together since it seems to be on three different threads. I'm cool with whatever works.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #66 - 10/07/15 at 07:35:20

Lol I was scared on the Dragon but I crashed on the sisters

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #67 - 10/09/15 at 20:26:34

Well Art  Embarrassed

I was scared at one point my first Dragon trip.   On my first return trip I got to swinging through the Rhythm Section and Parsons Branch petty fast (or so I thought) , yea just flying along ... I came up on the area called "Gravity Cavity" --- it has a strait section leading into it .   Its a mild left followed by two 90 deg. rights back-to-back (15 feet between them).   I could not keep it in my lane  Smiley , I was Praying nothing would come flying around the corner (one of those 100HP Sport Bikes or some out of control Electra-Glide)  Undecided.
I promised myself "If I survive this, I'm not ever getting out of my lane EVER-AGAIN "  Tongue .
It wasn't long after that I found my foot-pegs dragging so I could stay in my lane (still praying not to meet that "out-of-control-first-timer" that I was just a short while back) .   Smiley

There was a spot on the Sisters ride where the road got tight and twistie at the same time --- kinda gave me the same feeling !  Wink  seems like there was a "Dip" during the second twist part where my pegs found the pavement and I skipped a heart beat or two  Cheesy .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #68 - 10/09/15 at 20:52:35

Lol all dem NC roads were nervous for me everyone said I got better the longer I was there but I think y'all was just being nice
Still haven't gotten much better in the tight stuff
Texas doesn't have much tight stuff   Angry

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #69 - 10/10/15 at 22:27:18

Texas sure has some nice places to putt around 🌵.  Sometime the interesting thing just around the corner is better than just the corner itself ! 😋

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #70 - 10/12/15 at 07:37:22

You got that right
Still like my roads bent though  Grin

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #71 - 10/19/15 at 07:45:12

I'm keeping a list of new rides and I think perhaps you guys need to spot a date and drive a stake in the sand pretty soon or you will wind up having to dodge all the other events which HAVE driven stakes in the sand.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #72 - 10/19/15 at 10:25:10

The date is already penciled in as mid to late April dependent on alma's neck interpretations and won't be penned in until February when we make the reservations.  Of course this is not set in stone (or mini stone henge)  and if an event steals enough interest away it can be moved.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #73 - 10/19/15 at 23:30:52

WE ARE WAITING ON THE 2016 FARMERS ALMANAC TO AVOID "RAIN"  Wink

BUT ; IT SHOULDN'T BE MUCH LONGER !  Smiley

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #74 - 11/04/15 at 03:04:41

MMRanch wrote on 10/19/15 at 23:30:52:
WE ARE WAITING ON THE 2016 FARMERS ALMANAC TO AVOID "RAIN"  Wink

BUT ; IT SHOULDN'T BE MUCH LONGER !  Smiley

Rain makes for fun riding later on..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ius9A-V2RY&feature=youtu.be

Sorry.. not sure how to post it so it previews on here.  I'm sure someone can edit appropriately.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 04:50:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › Twisted Sister Ralley 2016

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.