Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
2016 Ride Schedules and Planning Thread (Read 771 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: 2016 Ride Schedules and Planning Thread
Reply #30 - 11/09/15 at 21:56:26

New Orleans is 3 hours and 31 minutes from the house according to google.
In reality its about an hour longer than that with construction and traffic, and then maybe filter in a couple of stops.....

I haven't been there...except to drive through it, some friends from the pool league have lived there, I can inquire about where to stay and what to see.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #31 - 11/12/15 at 19:49:13

Old_Rider, where is that 3 wheel Elio motorcycle car place?   Shreveport?  Are they letting people in to see the plant yet?  

The Texas guys might want to check that place out if they are giving tours of the plant.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #32 - 11/12/15 at 20:08:19

That would be the old Hummer plant.    Louisiana somewhere ?

I'd like to see the plant  if they are doing tours !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #33 - 11/12/15 at 20:50:41

me too, but OR is in Florida, might be more than a day trip  Grin

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #34 - 11/13/15 at 03:24:11

I think MM is going to both rides, and I was suggesting it for the Texas guys anyway as Shreveport is closer to them.

Old_Rider is up on that Elio stuff and would likely know if they were up and running yet.   Having checked myself now, the answer is no -- they are in engine testing mode now having built the first 80 engines.

The whole project looks interesting, but likely is going to be relatively slow becoming "buy me real" around the country as the dollars involved in a new engine and a new vehicle from the ground up are astronomical.

Elios the man seems to be all in, and he is making progress on filling his initial orders (the $1000 paid up Beta people).   These units will likely be somewhat hand made and will likely involve prototype tooling on all the pieces.

I tend to think of it as a race now --- will I be able to buy an Elios or a LENR room heater first ????

I like the concept of the Elios but I could never get into and out of one easily.   When I was younger, I could though.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #35 - 11/13/15 at 05:45:12

I am most likely not going to be able to do the Texas or Florida rides - they would extend my long weekend rides out to a week or more with the travel time to get to/from the ride areas.  If next year is anything like this construction season I just won't be able to leave town for more than an extended long weekend.  Most of my trips are the kind where I leave after work on Wednesday and am back home for work on Monday morning.  It is good to be busy and have a job where you are missed when you are away!

I have not found a particular event in this area yet that would make a certain weekend better than any other for coming to KY.  Most likely weather would be the deciding factor.  This year was a weather fluke and June/July was the wettest weather in the last 140 years.....generally the spring rains have gone away by then and the dry summer months have started.  August might be a good month to do something up this way.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #36 - 11/13/15 at 05:53:24

New Runs listing

Moderators, please feel free to reach in and edit if I miss a change in one of the planned rides or dates.

========================================

Twisted Sister Run, Texas Hill Country  Mid to Late April       (final dates not determined yet)

Sign up and discussion thread is http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1438888894/72#72

Thunder Beach Run,  Apr 27th-May1st     Location of run is Panama Beach / St. Augustine

http://thunderbeachproductions.com/rally-info/events/603-thunder-beachr-autum...

Old_Rider can bed host two people and he has Oldfeller and MM as his first takers.   Got room for lots of tent space in the yard.

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground Run  (July 17-24)

Waynesville has a week long folk festival with multiple events -- may change some dates next year in which case we can adjust some

Dave's Farm Run, Scoot and Shoot along with 20 pound Catfish wrassling    (mid August)

Big Dog Dragon Run   (first week of October)

Bryson City does a week long historical Festival during this week including stuff like this .....

Free Concert Featuring Boogertown Gap
Date(s): Oct 03, 2015
When: 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Where: Bryson City Train Depot
Free Concert Featuring Boogertown Gap
Boogertown Gap is Ruth Barber and Keith Watson, a wife/husband duo and sometimes band. They specialize in the music that was played and sung by early pioneers and settlers of the Great Smoky Mountains and vicinity. Enjoy old Celtic ballads, fiddle tunes, American compositions, Negro spirituals, and those ever-present, unknown traditional tunes!

Next year we will get different stuff of the same kinds, but during the same time span.   First week of October has 66 high and 53 low on average for the month and decreased rainfall.

http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/canton/north-carolina/united-states/usnc...

=======================================

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #37 - 11/13/15 at 11:51:36

Hey OldFeller, I did not know you were interested in the Elio. I am very interested and hope they really do get it off the ground. I told my wife I might buy 2 of those if they get to be anywhere close to what the marketing specs say. I don't believe she was overly excited about it. Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #38 - 11/13/15 at 18:25:21

Springman,

What I've seen of wives and cars is that they consider it to be a large appliance/rolling sitting room with much fewer amenities than they feel they deserve into which they must cram themselves to get from A to B.  They could care less about the technical capabilities, achievements, fun or anything else.  The more luxurious and comfortable, the better.

I would love to see the Elio take off and be available everywhere.  I could certainly use something like that since most of my riding is single passenger and the bike just isn't practical in many locations for all year travel. I hate cold. I'll ride in the rain but won't like it. I'll ride dirt bikes in ice and snow but not a street bike. It's balanced all wrong and has no traction.

If you get to go on a tour please post up some stuff.  I'd love to see it.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #39 - 11/13/15 at 18:51:52

If they modify the door design and raise the roof height so crip old men can get into it easily.

Cheesy

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #40 - 11/14/15 at 16:43:15

I'd BUY ONE, IF IT'S ACCESSIBLE AND RELIABLE AND I HAVE THE FUNDS

oops capslock

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #41 - 11/14/15 at 16:59:25

Well, OF, guess you beat me to it...

But no, they are not doing tours... yet. Or accepting applications yet either Smiley I would probably move if they hired me (well, maybe)....

The wife and I went to see it when it came to Birmingham Alabama (5hr drive) and she fell for it.

Problem is, even though we are all in for $100 (least amount to get a reservation number) she probably won't see it until early or mid 2017. AND her Hyundai won't last that long!
She might have to lease a wreck until her number comes in.....

billelio2.jpg

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #42 - 11/14/15 at 19:21:50

Both you and Dianna fit in that vehicle well.  Me, being too creaky, both me and the wife need the easy entry sort of vehicle.

I am a Cube sorta guy and I already own my perfect car.  I can only get my standard old plain 35 mpg, but that is OK with me as I fill up my 10 gallon tank every two weeks.

But I can follow along the Elios story and I look forward to seeing review of the Prototype #5 upcoming "soon" with the actual real motor and the final door size and roof height -- both VERY important to me that the roof be higher and the seat be less of a "crawl in".

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #43 - 11/14/15 at 21:24:55

Old Rider you look like a natural fit in that Elio ... I hope to also !  Wink  by time I get my tractor paid off they should be available .

I'm in for the Florida ride late April-ish  , and if someone else who need more than a camping spot wants to go , then I'm good to camp instead of couch ,  Smiley    I'm going to have a good night sleep either way .   Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #44 - 11/14/15 at 22:06:28

MM,

Dave isn't going and I can drive past Atlanta on the way to Florida, so we could meet up and load your bike on my trailer if you want to do that.   Or you could ride, if that's what you prefer to do.

This would require me to go ahead and do the second rail, then loading your bike using a larger version of the strap pull system (that I already have) to make your bike come on up the sloped load rail by breaking the hinge on the trailer.   We may have to load your bike backwards to stop the handlebars from interfering, but that too is completely doable with two people.

Shouldn't take but a half hour to load with one of us making sure the bike stays upright while the strap pulls it up incline.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 15:53:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2016 Ride Schedules and Planning Thread

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.