Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #2, Late Summer 2015 (Read 3292 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dragon Run #2, Late Summer 2015
Reply #45 - 07/31/15 at 11:43:02

Let's do a roll call and see how many folks we still have going.

Oldfeller

Weather still looks great.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/month/12174_pc?monyr=9...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #46 - 07/31/15 at 20:00:38

I'm still in....in one form of bike or another.  If I have a cabin bed I might just try riding the ST1100 down....it will be my first trip where I actually ride to the event.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #47 - 08/01/15 at 06:04:26

Dave, you have a bottom bunk sitting there waiting for you.   Stuff a pillow and a blanket into the ST's bags and you are all set to go.

Fall trips are nice for change up riding -- we experiment more and go do different things.

I know you were talking about coming in early, do you still want to do that?

We need to know if Old_Rider and wife are coming before we get too deep into "whatever" type planning.    I think if we have a lady along her preferences get a big consideration.

« Last Edit: 08/01/15 at 15:09:11 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #48 - 08/04/15 at 06:03:25

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/month/12174_pc?monyr=9...

Well, today was Rubicon Day, the cabin has locked in on my charge card now  ---  Dave and I are going to the mountains come Labor day pre-week sometimes or another, but certainly by Friday at noon, when our cabin becomes open.

We got some "family complexity" going on with MM and Old_Rider and neither can speak up until it all settles out.

But the good news is that we have a bed available for each of them should circumstances flow that way.

It would be nice to know --- so when you can, guys, please tell us about what your plans are.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
don
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 08/05/15 at 19:10:41

Hi guys my name is Don and I have been lurking on here for a long time I have learned a lot. Thank you.  My brother and I have a room at Deals gap motorcycle resort the 5th and 6th of Sept. I would like to meet other savage owners. I have only met one other since I've had mine.       So if you are around there look for two old guys. One on a yellow savage trike and one on a gray Bergman.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #50 - 08/05/15 at 19:26:25

Don,  you have a PM headed your way so we can exchange phone numbers (not that they work while you are up in the mountains, mind you, but in the days leading in they do OK).

Dave and I have a cabin about 15-20 miles down the mountain at Robbinsville, which is where Old_Rider and his wife are planning on staying.  

Keep talking on the thread and kicking in new ideas, as when MM finally gets his family stuff settled and Old-Rider chimes in his plans with his wife then we will know enough to plan something.

=====================

We still have one (1) free unclaimed bed in the cabin, BTW --- and I think since I have already sunk and paid for the bill for the cabin that I am going to go ahead and declare it a FREE WEEKEND for room rent for all involved in the Pidegon's Roost cabin stay.

We have one bed left so come and stay with us in the Pidegon's Roost for Friday, Sept 4 - Sunday Sept 6 for free.   You'll need to bring enough money for gas and food and that's it.

Speaky, Speaky, don't be squeaky      Cheesy

And the weather just could not look any prettier .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #51 - 08/05/15 at 23:49:24

Don't worry about the wife and me.... she wants to do other things also. As it sits now, i'm not sure we are coming...
I have two interviews and put in for four different jobs.... in the next two weeks I "might" know.
She has a doctors appointment to get her carpel tunnel(sp?) on her left hand taken care of.... its so bad now it wakes her at night.
So, we might be doing two up on her savage.
It is not looking good for us on this end.... but I always hold out for hope on these rides..... LOL, I DID manage to make it to two of them this year....so far... Grin
I have some ramps and a bike mount in the back of the truck, and have a truck tent that fits over the bed, so i'm set, we can camp anywhere! (but will probably find a room close by.... pm the numbers.... for you or dave and i'll put'm in the phone.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #52 - 08/07/15 at 07:16:19

don wrote on 08/05/15 at 19:10:41:
Hi guys my name is Don and I have been lurking on here for a long time I have learned a lot. Thank you.  My brother and I have a room at Deals gap motorcycle resort the 5th and 6th of Sept. I would like to meet other savage owners. I have only met one other since I've had mine.       So if you are around there look for two old guys. One on a yellow savage trike and one on a gray Bergman.

Looking forward to meeting Don up at the Dragon -- he is a real poster boy for all you "I wanna go but never do" guys.

Don rides a trike for a reason -- a real reason that makes all of your excuses pretty much inconsequential and ludicrous.  

Yep, I'm raggin' at you,  buddy boys,  for NOT going and doing what you want to go do .....

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #53 - 08/07/15 at 08:07:38

Well...I am the poster boy for the "should not have given up riding".  I had a 35 year gap in my life without a motorcycle, and I am now making up for lost time.  In hindsight there were a few years where money was so tight I could not have afforded a motorcycle or the cost of ownership - and now I am getting as much riding in as I can while I am still young! Huh

If you can get away from work and family for a few days.....you really should come and ride with us while you have a reliable bike and body!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #54 - 08/10/15 at 06:10:33

Well, we are 3 weeks out from trip week.   Time to find out what MM is really going to do.

Ring ring ring ....    "This is Mike, my cell isn't picking up so call the phone at the house or else leave me a message."

He's busy out cutting hay or something else, which is normal for Mike.   We'll get a call back in a day or so, or else he'll be reminded to post something here on the thread.

Smiley

Mike is curious, and he likes his comfort mods so I think he wants to go see a Savage trike that has seat lift servo motors on it that actually moves the frame around for additional comfort, and a left set of floor boards that actually rocks up and down to do the foot shifting ....  get him some ideas for this winter's crop of mods mebbe.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #55 - 08/10/15 at 16:33:46

Hi  Smiley

Things are looking good for me again !  Cool

so :

What is our start date ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #56 - 08/10/15 at 16:42:12

I count 7 people right now .....  the rest of you I wanna come folks need to say something and be counted.  

Rooster Pen is our home 4 man cabin, check him out on the map as being closest to the bathroom showers and having enough car/trailer parking as you go on the up road to it.

Friday September 4th is the start date, 5th, 6th, and 7th as the main days.    

If Dave uncorks Thursday as a riding day he'll have to let us know as soon as he decides, right now we got room coverage starting Friday at noon through Monday at noon.

CAST OF CHARACTERS

Dave
Oldfeller
MM             up to four staying at thesimplelife in the Rooster Pen for FREE

Old_Rider and wife staying at a Robbinsville hotel

Don and his brother staying in a room at the Dragon Inn

=====================

We still have one (1) free unclaimed upper bunk in the cabin, BTW --- and I think since I have already sunk and actually paid for the bill for the cabin that I am going to go ahead and declare it a FREE WEEKEND for room rent for all who are involved in the Pidegon's Roost cabin stay.

We have one upper bunk left so come and stay with us in the Rooster Pen for Friday, Sept 4 - Sunday Sept 6 for free.   You'll need to bring a blanket and a pillow and enough money for gas and food and that's it.

Speaky, Speaky, don't be squeaky        Smiley

And the weather just could not look any prettier for the actual days we'll be there .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
don
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #57 - 08/10/15 at 18:40:30

Hi guys. Well to kill the day my brother and I decided to go prerun the dragon. We took his pickup and it is not it is not nearly as much fun as on a bike. There was very little traffic and all the bikes at Deals Gap seemed to be from northeast states. We came back home on the Skyway. We were surprised we didn't have any police protection at all. My back feels like they may have added more curves. See you all laborday weekend

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #58 - 08/12/15 at 04:43:21

The Dragon can be almost deserted on Sunday afternoons when most folks are headed home, and in the first part of the week as well.  Most folks make a long weekend by showing up at the end of the week....Fridays and Saturdays are the busy days at the Dragon.  On Holiday weekends it can be choked with campers, motor homes and slow Tourists who refuse to use the pull-offs and let you pass.

I am bringing the Honda ST, and will be making my first trip to the area by riding to/from it on a bike.  The Honda has room for clothes and rain gear, and can go 300 miles on a tank of fuel.....and it is "rain resistant" with the windshield and fairing.    

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #59 - 08/12/15 at 09:32:35

Good pick, Dave, you'll be comfortable and more in line with what we will likely be doing mostly, which is cruising along.

Old-Rider still has to read the winds and tell us if he is coming or not.

I'm looking forward to seeing Dave's ST, and looking at the mechanics involved in Don's trike modifications and checking out the vertical campground at Simplelife.   Plus all the good rides we will go on of course.

We still have one free bed if someone wants to speak up for it.

Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 07:59:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #2, Late Summer 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.