Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #45 - 09/25/13 at 20:27:16

Since my store's manager is a "Richard" with a capital D... I won't know for months. Way too early for me to think about, let alone make any commitments. If I can make it, game for pretty much whatever, whenever, wherever...

What's this sissy crap about leaving trucks and trailers at the hotel? If I make it, 2 wheels the entire way. If the bike blows up midway through, so be it.

Wink  Grin  Roll Eyes

You guys have to have figured out by now that I'm a bit, um, cracked...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #46 - 09/26/13 at 02:57:58

You guys have to have figured out by now that I'm a bit, um, cracked...

What ? ?
Cracked ? ?
Wha... ? ?
Who ? ? ?
Well, I would have never thoug ........
Personally, I think we are all just as normal as you are dude.   Cool
Grin    Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #47 - 09/26/13 at 09:33:31

I rode back and forth to all the runs, about 800 extra miles a trip up until last year.  I realized that unless I trailered, I was gonna have to quit pretty soon because of back and leg pain.   Now I don't have to quit.

And hellsbells yes it is a pain in the butt to have to figure out where you can leave the trailer, you wind up bending your plans around that choice by necessity, you do.

Listening to Lancer's comments about cost (which is mostly driving gasoline which is expensive enough anyway) let's throw this mix up against the wall and see if it will stick.

June 7th through June 15th
, a 9 day long (two weekends) span of time.

Trip starts at MM's place on Saturday and runs through Tuesday night running a camping and shooting motif (that's 4 days of camping), then we roll to the Dragon Lodge on Wednesday for a couple of days of higher cost excitement (Weds Thurs) then at that point the ones who want to stay at the Dragon will get locked in to a weekend two day clump (likely none of us will want that much more of the Dragon Lodge).

This is a lower cost trip as MM's place is free and the Dragon Lodge stuff is optional at $15 a night for camping or $30 a night for a 3 man room.

Unless we get some more input, this will stay stuck up on the wall until we hear from somebody else something otherwise.

Personally, one afternoon, one evening and one morning will be enough Dragon Lodge for me --- over the last 10 years we have beat the Dragon area completely to death (and more).

« Last Edit: 09/26/13 at 19:21:17 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #48 - 09/27/13 at 20:01:44

So is Friday and Saturday  ????  Back at my house for those "Westward Bound Folks" ?

Seems like with-in a whole week , everybody on this site who lives in dixie ough to come by for at least a day or two !   Lots of room ! Smiley  and/or meet at the Dragon

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #49 - 09/28/13 at 07:08:45

You got to have some flexibility once we move to the Dragon Lodge, with some staying on there because they like it, some heading home because their bodies are beat up, and some heading back your way before heading for home.

I have learned not to detail plan the end of one of our Dragon Lodge trips ....  it never actually happens like you would think it would because it depends so much on how the previous 5 or so days went for each person.   And folks are always deciding to leave early at the Dragon,  leaving someone else in the lurch for the Dragon room $$$.

That is one of the reasons I don't like the Dragon Lodge, somebody always gets wallet clipped by them at the very end of things.   They got all these funny rules that let them pick the room holder's pocket if you "break" a rule.  ESPECIALLY if you lag over into that strange weekend 2 day lock-in period (that starts on Thursday night btw).

Roll Eyes         you see, you "locked in" a Thurs-Fri, a Fri-Sat or a Sat-Sun, whichever, depending on whichever one works out costing you more $$$ at the end

Therefore, I will make the plans for one (1) 3 man room for Wednesday night as I will simply just pay for it on my Master Card when I reserve it (no choice, them Dragon Lodge rules again).   I will plan to stock my already paid for 3 man room with me, Lancer, Dave and MM and since I paid for it at least 8 months earlier I won't want any money from anybody since it will be a freebee by then, even to me.

Additional people show up, we will talk about it when the time comes as if they plan to go they will need to make advance plans to rent something from them greedy rule bearing pocket pickers (the Dragon Lodge).

After an afternoon and a night and a morning of Dragon Lodge, I will be all carnival'ed out and be ready either to go back to MM's (he swears he has some sort of neat biking event in town that weekend) or else I'll just head for home if I am all beat up and body busted.

==============

I plan to shoot me a gun some and fiddle some with motorcycles then go to the noisy insane Dragon carnival for one afternoon, evening and morning.   Some will choose to stay longer, I am sure.

Wink      Hey, that sounds like a plan that covers everything & everybody .....

« Last Edit: 09/28/13 at 16:35:43 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #50 - 10/04/13 at 19:23:01

Bot you could do it. Fly into Charlotte or Greensboro (whichever is cheaper) and I'll pick you up. You can ride my bike, somebody needs to. If Oldfeller would come up 40 he'll be 2.3 miles from my house and you can hook up with him. My health just keeps getting worse and I'm still hanging on to that bike, maybe that's the reason why.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #51 - 10/06/13 at 09:10:43

We could do that.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #52 - 10/08/13 at 05:24:37

Neat thing about camping at MM's place is he has a tent that is already there.

I could even bring him back the camp stool that he left at our cabin last Blue Ridge trip.

And I would be close enough to get to his new Hurley .....

Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #53 - 10/08/13 at 09:16:34

Neat thing about camping at MM's place is he has a tent that is already there.

You refering to the barn loft ?

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #54 - 10/08/13 at 12:10:43

Does the loft have stairs or do you have to use a ladder?

Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #55 - 10/08/13 at 16:01:48

There is "Logger" steps.  as in Giant size  2" x 10"  3foot wide / with about 14" rise each !   Tongue       ..........       They make me feel short legged .  Smiley   but they work and there's not to many of them .

« Last Edit: 10/09/13 at 09:20:40 by MMRanch »  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #56 - 10/11/13 at 10:19:49

I will be out of town next week.  Monday and Tuesday at a trainiing seminar in Lexington, KY.....then at 4:30 on Tuesday my wife is driving down to pick me up and we are headed to our reserved cabin at the Blue Ridge Motorycle Campground.  We won't have a bike with us - but we are staying in a cabin for 2 night before we move on to wherever the wind blows us.  Deb wants to spend some time at Joyce Kilmer, so we will probably head that way.

If I see anything that we have to do in the summer of 2014.....I will be sure to keep track of what it is.  If the weather is just irresistable.....I just might to rent a bike for a day of riding.  Waynesville has a place you can rent Harleys.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #57 - 10/12/13 at 12:49:03

Dave,  every hickory nut and acorn you run over on the road with your 4 tires on your trip, think of us riding over them on the "mean hard ride" last fall.

When it starts drizzling misting rain and the roads and leaves get slick and then you hit a hickory nut then a patch of leaves in a corner, think of us leaned over doing that.

Every squirrel or chipmunk or possum you see, think of us hitting them leaned over coming out of a curve.   Especially them durn stinky possums ....

Get all cold and wet and miserable while out hiking, then put it on two wheels, get it up to speed and then let it get all cloud mass FOGGY on you.

Then count your blessings you aren't riding on a 1200cc Hurley Sportster trying to do all that .....

Wink    fun, ain't it, MM?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #58 - 10/12/13 at 20:44:21

Dang !

Some folks will do anything for fun ? Tongue

Ya'll know those Sportsters are a bit more "Hair-Raising" than Our LS650 when they are leaned over ...  Huh

All that extra weight shows up in a hurry when the front tire brakes loose and slides sideways a bit !    Shocked    Heck its scarry no mater what I'm on , but "Light" is good if I have to take it by the ears !  Cool

And OldFeller I don't remember your mug disapearing out of my rear-view mirror no matter how much that 1200 sportster wanted you to go-a-way !  Grin

Smiley Smiley Smiley  Can't hardley wait to do it again  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #59 - 10/18/13 at 02:15:12

Yeah, I remember the 3 of us taking a leak after that run when you wanted to know what we thought of the ride.  It was OK, pace was good not to frantic not too slow.

We didn't know you had actually sacrificed your primary drive splines in an attempt to leave us all behind ....   1200cc Hurley isn't the tool to be doing that in the real curvies with, I don't think.   Fine tool to do it with on the stoplights and the wide slow curve roads though.   Speeds over 65 mph .... yeah,  you ate us up.

Yup, that wuz quite a trip.    Yup, many of them little jaunts were quite a trip, generally when the crew was small and it wuz just us chickens.

=================

I think Lancer and I have gotten too old to be playing speed racer in the curves for very much any more.  I remember doing it, and I grin about it but I don't think I would WANT to do it for very much any more.

====================

What do you have for a shooting bench out at your range?   Got some sand bags and other bench rest type supplies?   I can bring 3-4 target holders (I like to spot some longer range targets on out there for them curvy rounds like the 10-222 since they like to make the rainbow after 125 yards).

I also think you should shoot for group at your maximum hunting distance just to see if you can hold it to a reasonable group size at the distance standing up free hand.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 14:49:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.