Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
insert photos (Read 96 times)
rijopiatt

Columbia City, Indiana
insert photos
07/21/14 at 16:08:05

How do I insert a photo from my email account. I tried copying the photo, hitting the insert image button on the forum screen, then right clicking to paste picture. The [img][/img] goes red as shown here and no picture appears. Help with simple directions please.

2012 S40 w/12,000 miles: drag bars with bar end weights, raised seat, Raptor petcock.
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Re: insert photos
Reply #1 - 07/21/14 at 18:01:37

You have to put them in a host site.I use bikepics.com.Bring up the image you want to post,right click on it.Then click on properties.Copy and paste the properties between the img's.Like this,only you have to put the forward slash in the second img box.Just did that so pic wouldn't come up.

[img]http://p1.bikepics.com/2008/05/23/bikepics-1298489-800.jpg [img]

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #2 - 07/21/14 at 18:27:05

You can use the browse button below the text box to attach a picture file.  Only one per message. That'll get one pic from your system into your message.

Otherwise, as stated above. You have to link to another site that hosts the pics.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
rijopiatt

Columbia City, Indiana
Reply #3 - 07/21/14 at 18:58:47

We used the browse function and the file/photo name showed to the right. However, when we selected preview, there is no photo to see. Additionally, does the viewer see the photo with the text or ???? I've seen both together on the forum. That's our goal.

I'm leaving on a trip to Wyoming and will email my wife text and one photo a day to post. I'm using a smartphone (no data plan-simply stopping anywhere there's wifi) I've tried doing this directly on the site but it doesn't work. A tech geek told me why it won't-too technical for me to understand. My wife has volunteered to copy the text (no problem) and the photo each day while I'm gone (2-3 weeks) hope we can get a handle on this.

2012 S40 w/12,000 miles: drag bars with bar end weights, raised seat, Raptor petcock.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 07/22/14 at 04:48:40

The Rubber Side Down section is reserved for questions about repairing your Savage....so I have moved this to the Cafe section.

You can use the "choose file" function below the box you type in, and that will allow you to browse and collect a file to be displayed.  If the photo is too large (more than 2,048K), it will not load the photo onto the forum.

As others have posted, if you want to post more than 1 photo - you have to use a host that will provide a url address for the photos.  I use www.tinypic.com.

I just used my phone to add this text and photo of my wife and I to this thread.  It does prove that you can use a smartphone to post photos that are taken by and stored on your phone.

NOTE:  Oops.....the photo was not sideways on the phone when I sent it!.....I guess that proves you have to be careful how you hold the camera phone when you take the photo.  I could go in and fix the photo - but then we would not know that you have to be careful about the orientation of the phone when the photos are taken.

UPDATE:  When I look at this on my office computer...the photo is sideways.  When I use my smartphone to view the webpage....the photo is displayed properly.....weird!

Dave

« Last Edit: 07/23/14 at 06:59:01 by Dave »  

image_175.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
yetimeister
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Reply #5 - 07/25/14 at 12:42:27

No wonder why my pictures wouldn't load..

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 07/25/14 at 13:30:26

any photo larger than 800x600 will overflow the screen.
640x480 is a nice size.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 09:57:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › insert photos

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.