Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 37
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run, Summer, 2014... (Read 5605 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...
Reply #15 - 08/06/13 at 15:35:28

old_rider wrote on 08/06/13 at 13:02:59:
And...I won't have to be the "new" guy and do all the "new guy duties" , i'll be able to hang with the ol' farts table....or do I have to make two or more trips to do that?

Fist of all.....we are not the "Old Farts".....we are the "Senior Members"!

Second of all....it was only my 2nd time......so I was the New Guy until you showed up.  Everyone else in attendance has been going for years.

Thirdly.....You will remain the Noob until someone Noobyer comes along to bump you out of that position. Grin

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #16 - 08/06/13 at 18:01:46

Cheesy.    

I dunno.  Mebbie might sorta kinda be true .....

Especially after eating mexican that last night. .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 08/06/13 at 19:52:46

What days for next summer?

We took the week ending in Fathers Day last time and it caused some folks to have to cut out early.   Weather was actually clearer the week before, so you wanna shoot for the full week ending before Father's Day week?

That would be Saturday June 7th through Sunday June 15th as the full week "wide band" time.   Once we knew when folks could finish their "travel from afar" the more local folks could aim to hit them when they arrive.

So, Verslagen and Serowbot need to figure up their first leg meet up, then Lancer chimes in, then WD finishes the Conjoined Trip In to MM's place, then on to Paradise, where the roads are real curly and them silly porky Hurleys jest fall over when you look at them crooked.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #18 - 08/06/13 at 22:39:54

The Saturday (Day before) Fathers Day  will be a good day to be in Lynchburg TN.

And

The earlier we meet the less waiting  is involved (allways a good thing) !  Smiley

If we had somewhere in the deep south to go  March would be OK  Cheesy.

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 08/06/13 at 23:06:14

My kids graduate this year, there's no way I'll miss it.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #20 - 08/07/13 at 06:49:28

OK, you got folks going to stage car and trailer at MM's place.   You got folks who are taking the full extended week and are going to roam wild and free for some of it and travel from here to there in some of it.

You got others who will come into play later on up at the Dragon proper.   It does sound like we have enough people going this time out to take an apartment at the Dragon Lodge on the days we are there if that's what folks want to do.

MM has extended an invitation to stay at his place as well.   We already got the majority of the players staging at MM's place on the way in and on the way out.   We got like a 9 day span to stuff in all this travelling and going and doing (with the far travellers likely adding in a few on each end for travel time, or using some of the 9 as the case may be).

So we need to plot out travel time in, MM recovery/staging time on the inbound leg, Dragon days in the middle, MM stage time on the outbound leg and travel time back out.

Start with the inbound folks with their travel plans, and somebody nudge Serowbot and get him to chime in, he started this process up after all and he's been awful quiet lately .......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #21 - 08/07/13 at 20:42:41

Well ....

The house only has one extra bedroom ... but  Roll Eyes two bathrooms  Smiley

If I was to put up a shelter tarp out by the fire pit (say 16 X 12 or so) there would be a dry sheltered place to put 7 or 8  cots .   I have two  (one extra) .     So who else has a cot ?

Fire pit and sitting wall on the right , one of the picknick tables in center behind flowers, rimfire range on past that !   Smiley

Summer_2012_101.JPG

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #22 - 08/07/13 at 20:51:16

Mabby another picture of the yard faceing the other way ?   There is just short of 100 acres here to spread out on ,  

The scout troop like to campout in the barn loft.   Sleeping bags or cots either ...   lots of options !  Wink

M&MRanch , Lynchburg,Tn

Smiley

Summer_2012_103_001.JPG

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #23 - 08/08/13 at 10:12:04

Everytime Sero posts something, one of you guys immediately ask him "So, are you going to go?"

Eventually he will figure it out.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 08/08/13 at 10:26:50

I got it...

I'd love to, but I can't ...
I just updated the Dragon sticky to allow for y'all to start planning...
If my circumstances change,.. it's a possible,.. I just can't plan that far ahead...
That would make me the 'Noob"... What's that entail?... cooking, dishes, wash the bikes?...
Grin...

PS... really nice to know I'd be so welcome... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #25 - 08/08/13 at 11:44:21

You  actually fail the classification of "newbie" because you have been around too long.  The newbie is the one who reports truthfully what we really do on these trips.  Newbies don't know any of the old stories and simply chronical the truth.

When old-rider said he cracked his vertebra he was telling the truth.  What nobody wants to believe is that every dragon story we have ever told is true .... exaggerated a bit mebbe, but true in the basic facts.

The REX stories all would have been true too, if he hadn't kept popping his stitches and busting all his brackets.

So you have to find a better reason than "being afraid of being the newbie" for not going.  
Especially if Verslagen is going to come to your house and pick you up and carry you there in a nice air conditioned vehicle .....

Grin

« Last Edit: 08/08/13 at 13:38:09 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 08/08/13 at 13:08:03

I'm interested in attending next year's Dragon Run. I don't own a Savage any longer but will bring my honda Sabre, any objections? My buddy is interested as well, he has a Sporty 1200, I know how much you guys love to eat them up.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #27 - 08/08/13 at 14:36:18

See,  you are not the newbie anymore.

Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #28 - 08/09/13 at 14:02:19

SuperSavage

I brought my Sportster 1200 on one of these rides and the fellers were nice enough to wait-up on me ever so offten !   Not that I can't ride  ....  but in the twisties  "nimble" is everthing !  Tongue

But   we have to have lunch somewhere so bring that sportiee on !   and your Sabre too !   Grin

I've got a Sportster 883 now (Lancer and OldFeller took such big bites out of my 1200 I had to get rid of it).  Grin

Those Sportsters sure are nice on the interstate  Wink with a little of the fun  stuff thrown in.    Smiley

WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #29 - 08/09/13 at 14:54:05

Need to save that 800A for the Dragon, mine outhandled my Savage w/o breaking a sweat.

I'd take it off your hands, but I'm beyond broke. No paycheck since February.

If I have money and a running ride for the Dragon, I'll be there. If not, I won't. Have to see how harvest goes this year, money crop looks like it will hit big, so may have some spending money come spring time. Even the pocket change crops (walnuts, hickory, persimmon) are hitting this year.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 37
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 05:23:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run, Summer, 2014...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.