Send Topic Print
Hubris... (Read 641 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Hubris...
Reply #45 - 03/22/13 at 05:30:24

Dane - You have a lot of opinions there stated as fact.
You (repugs) are in the majority in this site.

The rest of the world doesn't agree with you, and neither does the rest of the country.

The rest of the country believe the republicons are for the rich.
The rest of the country believes that businesses rob everyone around them blind, the employees, the local govt and the environment and they wont be creating any jobs unless they can make a killing on the back of someone unfortunate enough to wander into their employ. We need to rein those runaways in. Businesses are not charities. They wont be creating any jobs unless it paid them several fold. So you dont need to go on about Obama care or other regulations. These are all poor excuses. The next thing they'd complain about is the 40hr week and having to pay minimum wages. Or the fact they cant employ illegals if they can just pay them cash under the table on a per piece basis instead of hourly (look it up, it has happened and is even happening)

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #46 - 03/22/13 at 09:46:38

srinath wrote on 03/22/13 at 05:30:24:
Dane - You have a lot of opinions there stated as fact.

That was not my intention and I am not one to spout off a whole bunch of unsupported opinions so, by all means, please identify the opinions that were stated as fact. If I cannot back up what I say with real world facts then I will retract my statements.

Quote:
You (repugs) are in the majority in this site.

Great News!!!

[/quote]The rest of the world doesn't agree with you, and neither does the rest of the country. [/quote]

That is the trouble with mixing pseudo-religious beliefs with the concept of truths and facts. My politics align with those of the late, great Ronald Reagan and, as I recall, he was quite popular.

Quote:
The rest of the country believe the republicons are for the rich.

A falacy perpetuated by a liberal media bias that seeks to prop up a failed great liberal hope. This is my opinion, by the way, as the motives of the liberal media cannot be proven 100%. How about we call it a very strong theory with a foundation in reality.

Quote:
The rest of the country believes that businesses rob everyone around them blind, the employees, the local govt and the environment and they wont be creating any jobs unless they can make a killing on the back of someone unfortunate enough to wander into their employ.

Again, this is a simplistic view that, in the past, has bee perpetuated by those who push collectivism. With a true enemployment rate (U6 plus labor participation) around 20% in some areas I find it unlikely that someone would wander into employment.

But I ask this, why should someone put 80+ hours a week into a small business just to give it all away to some union boss and waste on government? Doesn't a business owner owe it to his employees and customers to run his business is such a manner as to be financially stable enough to maintain his workers and honnor his warranties?

Why should I lose my job because the government and unions syphoned so much future capital out of my employer that he was unable to plan ahead more than two months? Maybe if the unions and government reduced the penalties on business then employers could afford more salaries and perks for employees instead of being flushed down the tax hole.

Quote:
We need to rein those runaways in. Businesses are not charities. They wont be creating any jobs unless it paid them several fold. So you dont need to go on about Obama care or other regulations. These are all poor excuses.

Your feelings about the legitimacy of these "excuses" is irrelevant because it is what is causing the problem. If everyone in the country disagrees with me then why aren't all businesses forcing maintaining their growth irregardless of the regulatory and tex environment? If the world agrees with you then why is the Eurozone crashing?

Quote:
The next thing they'd complain about is the 40hr week and having to pay minimum wages.

It has been proven that minimum wage laws hurt the young and minorities. This isn't an opinion but a fact and I can provide all the proof you are willing to consume.

Quote:
Or the fact they cant employ illegals if they can just pay them cash under the table on a per piece basis instead of hourly (look it up, it has happened and is even happening)

Yes, Conservatives and Republicans are huge fans of illegal immigration. I apologize for the sarcasm but this pretty far out there in relation to the conversation at hand.

I think we can agree that the media is skewed greatly to the left. I think it was Jefferson who talked about the dangers of the "people's manners becoming corrupt" and we are seeing it now. The 47% Romney talked about are those people who discovered that they can vote themselves other people money and I can't think of anything more corrupt than that. Nearly half of a population stealing from the rest of the country and future generations in order to live and easy life. Let's see how that works out for Greece, Italy and Spain, not name a few, through the rest of the year.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 03/22/13 at 10:39:37

OHH Im Gonna Like this new guy!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 03/22/13 at 11:09:12

I know, right.

Dane - I welcome your arrival here. Not just because Srinath and I disagree so much. Wink

--Steve

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #49 - 03/22/13 at 12:26:34

Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate the warm welcome.  Smiley

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #50 - 03/22/13 at 12:34:03

Yea yea yea, see more and more repug garbage will be showered on you ... for your opinions and more BS than I can shovel ...

Like this - saddam hussein tried to buy Uranium cakes ... OK so he tried to buy uranium cakes, dude I am trying to buy uranium cakes ... well not, but everyone wants uranium cakes if they can get it secretly, nothing follows from that. There was no bomb or uranium cake found near saddam hossein.

Yea these resident wanna be - nay, soon to be millionaires and billionaires are thrilled to get a 90 to 10 majority to a 91- 10 or would that be 9 majority.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #51 - 03/22/13 at 15:03:21

srinath wrote on 03/22/13 at 12:34:03:
Yea yea yea, see more and more repug garbage will be showered on you ... for your opinions and more BS than I can shovel ...

Like this - saddam hussein tried to buy Uranium cakes ... OK so he tried to buy uranium cakes, dude I am trying to buy uranium cakes ... well not, but everyone wants uranium cakes if they can get it secretly, nothing follows from that. There was no bomb or uranium cake found near saddam hossein.

Yea these resident wanna be - nay, soon to be millionaires and billionaires are thrilled to get a 90 to 10 majority to a 91- 10 or would that be 9 majority.

Cool.
Srinath.

Saddam seeking Yellowcake is not an opinion and I am not sure how he would get his bomb into that rat hole they dug him out of...but I assure you that at no time in my personal history have I been compelled to seek out a source for yellowcake uranium, even secretly, so I am not sure what you mean about everyone wants some.

But thank you and kudos to you for acknowledging that he did, in fact, investigate the purchase of uranium, most other democraps can't do that.

On one hand, I feel your pain regarding being smothered in people who are diametrically opposed to your viewpoints. 90% of news papers and tv networks spout nothing but the liberal bias. The Obamacare lie, the Benghazi lie, the Sequester lie, the Budget lie, lies and failures too numerous to recall. I left a boat building forum because of all the arrogant, low-information liberals that made enjoyment of that interest near impossible.

So, on the other hand I cannot provide much sympathy because this is one of the very few places where conservatism and reason, to your lament, reign supreme. It would be an honor to move this forum to the 91% mark!!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #52 - 03/22/13 at 16:38:30

Im not sure, but I do believe the yellowcake thing was a lie. Along wqith most of the "Intelligence".

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #53 - 03/22/13 at 16:54:11

My point was that - Yellowcake - every one wants yellow cake, and they may even say they have yellow cake. Its bravado, the point is we need to be looking around the bluster, not just at the bluster.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #54 - 03/22/13 at 17:00:58

I think Obamacare has a republicon tax or charge. Cos everyone that is complaining about it is a repug.
OTOH I got a $334 refund due to the 80-20 rule.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #55 - 03/22/13 at 17:11:17

Yes, no one should feel bad about this issue because there is soo much political misinformation that has been spread about that it is tough to know the facts. Here is something I found with a quick search because I am heading home but I will followup on this as it is a very interesting topic. I could be wrong and will freely admit it if so.

The Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) was supervising about 500 tons of Saddam's yellow cake uranium stock at the time the tanks rolled into Bagdad under Bush Jr. (Bush Sr. stopped before entering Bagdad if memery serves). All of this is verifiable one way or the other but here is some appetizer information until I can research further. See?? We are all learning Grin

From the way back machine:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/07/about_that_500_tons_of_yellow.html

Teaser:
"The story begins at the end of the first Gulf War when inspectors found a 500 ton cache of refined yellow cake uranium at Iraq's primary nuclear research facility in Al—Tuwaitha outside of Bagdhad. The cache was part of a huge inventory of nuclear materials discovered by UN inspectors that included low—level radioactive material of the type used for industrial and medical purposes as well as a quantity of highly enriched uranium suitable for bomb production."

Teaser 2:
"Both the Butler Review and the Senate Select Committee on Pre War Iraq Intelligence (SSCI) point to other efforts by Saddam to purchase uranium, most notably from the Democratic Republic of the Congo . The Butler Review states in 2002 the CIA 'agreed that there was evidence that [uranium from Africa] had been sought.' In the run—up to war in Iraq, the British Intelligence Services apparently believed that Iraq had been trying to obtain uranium from Africa; however, no evidence has been passed on to the IAEA apart from the forged documents."

Very exciting!! Grin

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #56 - 03/22/13 at 17:33:04

Dane Allen wrote on 03/22/13 at 09:46:38:
Yes, Conservatives and Republicans are huge fans of illegal immigration. I apologize for the sarcasm but this pretty far out there in relation to the conversation at hand.

I think we can agree that the media is skewed greatly to the left. I think it was Jefferson who talked about the dangers of the "people's manners becoming corrupt" and we are seeing it now. The 47% Romney talked about are those people who discovered that they can vote themselves other people money and I can't think of anything more corrupt than that. Nearly half of a population stealing from the rest of the country and future generations in order to live and easy life. Let's see how that works out for Greece, Italy and Spain, not name a few, through the rest of the year.

There is so much BS here I am unable to shovel it all as fast as you can spew it ... so lets take these 3.

If Republicons aren't fans of illegal immigration why did they provide the previous amnesty - 1985 and why are they pushing the new reform ?

Media skewed to the left ? you ever hear or Rush "My house maid told me these pills make my hair grow and I never thought that snorting this white powder can be illegal drugs" Lamebag, or watch any thing on Faux news ?

Maybe the media that is reporting balanced you view as skewed to the left cos for you faux news and Rich Lamebagh is balanced ?

And the favorite lie of republicons - Tying greece, italy and you forgot Cyprus to the US. There is so many differences ... mainly these - too high debt to GDP - try 2 X ours, and the inability to print currency or set their monetary policy ...

We need to stop borrowing and spending, but not when people are willing to lend us at effective -ve rates and not when our economy is anaemic and our infrastructure needs rebuilding and updating and when they can be repaid at any time by running our $$$ press a few mins. Again rich people hate that, and they have told the rest of us that we are "soon to be rich" so we should all hate it. The Joe the plummer analogy.

With every additional percentage of the republicon wannabe's that come in here, I can see how many lies of RMoney and Ryan they have swallowed out there ...

47% - isn't that how many people voted for RMoney ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #57 - 03/22/13 at 17:36:42

Dane Allen wrote on 03/22/13 at 17:11:17:
Yes, no one should feel bad about this issue because there is soo much political misinformation that has been spread about that it is tough to know the facts. Here is something I found with a quick search because I am heading home but I will followup on this as it is a very interesting topic. I could be wrong and will freely admit it if so.

The Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) was supervising about 500 tons of Saddam's yellow cake uranium stock at the time the tanks rolled into Bagdad under Bush Jr. (Bush Sr. stopped before entering Bagdad if memery serves). All of this is verifiable one way or the other but here is some appetizer information until I can research further. See?? We are all learning Grin

From the way back machine:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/07/about_that_500_tons_of_yellow.html

Teaser:
"The story begins at the end of the first Gulf War when inspectors found a 500 ton cache of refined yellow cake uranium at Iraq's primary nuclear research facility in Al—Tuwaitha outside of Bagdhad. The cache was part of a huge inventory of nuclear materials discovered by UN inspectors that included low—level radioactive material of the type used for industrial and medical purposes as well as a quantity of highly enriched uranium suitable for bomb production."

Teaser 2:
"Both the Butler Review and the Senate Select Committee on Pre War Iraq Intelligence (SSCI) point to other efforts by Saddam to purchase uranium, most notably from the Democratic Republic of the Congo . The Butler Review states in 2002 the CIA 'agreed that there was evidence that [uranium from Africa] had been sought.' In the run—up to war in Iraq, the British Intelligence Services apparently believed that Iraq had been trying to obtain uranium from Africa; however, no evidence has been passed on to the IAEA apart from the forged documents."

Very exciting!! Grin

Great, so where are the WMD's from Iraq ?

This BS has been so debunked, but I should give credit to bush here, he didn't make up some WMD's and drop em off there.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #58 - 03/22/13 at 17:50:07

This BS has been so debunked, but I should give credit to bush here, he didn't make up some WMD's and drop em off there.

I was always wondering when they would "Find them"..That they just allowed themselves to be shown to be so wrong & YET continued to prosecute that war as IF it was justified & the People had all that info right THERE in their faces & they still supported that WAR!! How completely removed from reality are these people?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #59 - 03/22/13 at 18:50:57

Its one of those things I believe - or I want to believe - Cheney wanted to "find them". Bush stopped him.

I dunno, I think Bush is one of those who will turn into a carter. After leaving office he would keep a low profile and do some good here and there and not be a total loss.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 00:04:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Hubris...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.