Send Topic Print
Hubris... (Read 641 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Hubris...
Reply #75 - 03/25/13 at 09:13:20

I will say again. Obama had a chance to repeal everything Bush did. It was one of the things he promised in his campaign.
He had a chance and blew it so stop using that as his excuse.
Like saying that if you made less than 250k your taxes wouldn't go up. Or when he said he wasn't going to confiscate your firearms.
Or that Obama care wasn't a tax.
Or shutting down Gitmo. Or pulling out of the Middle East.

The example I heard recently... Imagine if Obama the candidate had to run against Obama the president.

--Steve

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #76 - 03/25/13 at 13:48:25

srinath wrote on 03/24/13 at 09:21:15:
Dane Allen wrote on 03/23/13 at 21:22:36:
srinath wrote on 03/23/13 at 17:04:54:
Why .......

Ok, if you are not going to take this seriously then I am going to move on to something else. I've loaded this thread with facts and a few well thought out opinions and it doesn't appear I am getting the same in return. This is Obamas 2nd term and he owns everything that is happening now. Those flimsy 'inherited' arguments are exponentially less valid now than they were last year.

Ummm sorry Dane Allen - the "inherited problem" is still valid, Obama had 2 years where he had a rubber stamp congress. Bush had 6. Obama has never had a republicon controlled supreme court. Bush had it for 8, and he appointed 3 of the 9. The second term only makes for 2 more years of gridlock.

So get back to this point after 6 years of rubber stamp congress and 8 of a democrat supreme court OK.

Cool.
Srinath.

Yes, and the economy was doing great during the first 6 years of Bush. Democrats take the House and Senate and 8 months later the whoile country is in the tank. Dodd/Frank, remember those jerk offs?? (literally with regard to Frank) Took a vibrant economy and ran it into the ground with their finance "reform".

Obama owns everthing that exisits today because he has done zero to reverse the mistakes of the past, he is in perpetual campaign mode and would rather use misery to divide the country and score political points than to do anything real. Where is the "laser focus on jobs?" Remember Rahm Emmanuel's "Never let a crisis go to waste?"

Obama is a complete failure not only because he can't fix any problems but also because the relies on the problems to keep everyone in a state of fear, uncertainty and despair.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #77 - 03/25/13 at 16:09:19

Dane Allen wrote:
Quote:
Obama is a complete failure not only because he can't fix any problems but also because he relies on the problems to keep everyone in a state of fear, uncertainty and despair.

Actually I think he's been remarkably succesful. He isn't interested in actually fixing anything. And keeping everyone in fear, uncertainty and despair is exactly what he wants. And he didn't come up with this on his own. There are folks behind the scenes pulling his strings.

Every wannabe tyrant in history starts by destroying the existing system and institutions, fomenting discontent and desperation and then setting himself up as the nation's saviour. I'm not sure Obama really has the chops to be that guy; but if it's not going to be him, then there's a truly evil SOB coming down the pike.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #78 - 03/25/13 at 16:16:46

O&S has it dead on

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #79 - 03/25/13 at 16:19:22

Lots and lots of bogus points ...

How do you repeal a bail out once the $$$ has been handed over ... if you stop the next batch, you lost the first batch.

Obama may have promised ... however he did get a return of most of the bail out $$$, and we have a healthcare reform (which you hate, however that is just an indication it was done by Obama)

He had 2 years of where he could get things done, and he did a few. That pretty much ended with gird lock, when he had to do damage control till the 2012 elections. Past that there is semi gridlock. Maybe 2 more years of this ...

I think he has worked hard enough to stay where we are. If it was up to the tea baggers we may have shafted everyone who worked for a living and handed billions to the rich, the super rich and the uber rich.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #80 - 03/25/13 at 17:42:52

You have exactly not ONE clue what the Tea party stands for. YOUve accepted what lamestream news Said we are & you know nothing,again,,or, wait,, I mean, still,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #81 - 03/25/13 at 19:40:13

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/25/13 at 17:42:52:
You have exactly not ONE clue what the Tea party stands for. YOUve accepted what lamestream news Said we are & you know nothing,again,,or, wait,, I mean, still,,

I dont care what they stood for, they were Idiotic in the first place, even when Ron Paul was with them, they were un tenable. Of course 1 week after they were formed, they were Co-Opted by the Koch brothers and we all know where that went.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #82 - 03/26/13 at 07:42:03

I dont think Koch was what got them.. It was a mutual attack from dems & bubs, cuz they Had to stop the one who would end status quo.
Koch brothers are one of, if not the, largest private corps held today. Theyre not yet a part of the globalist game against the people. Not perfect, but standing in defense of family & against those who want to destroy it,,read more about them before you decide. Theyre MUch better than any other large corp I know of,.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #83 - 03/26/13 at 11:11:57

I am not sure about some of this, Ron Paul in 08 was buried by the media first and then the bubs (as you put it), and I dont see dems being any part in that, they were running in parallel.

I believe that then the Koch bros or Grover Norqvist basically weedled themselves to the top of that pyramid.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #84 - 03/26/13 at 16:49:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/25/13 at 16:16:46:
O&S has it dead on

+1

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #85 - 03/26/13 at 17:39:45

Dane Allen wrote on 03/26/13 at 16:49:03:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/25/13 at 16:16:46:
O&S has it dead on

+1

Oh yea, oh yea, 91% of savages say so.
In the USA - yea, 47%.

In the world - maybe 10%.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #86 - 03/26/13 at 19:05:20

Once, everone agreed the world was the center of the universe, then one man said, NOPE, aint so. He was correct. That there are more or less people agreeing with me, & O&S & & Dale than you is not a meaningful way to determine who is actually correct. That you try to use the number of idiots who say we are wrong doesnt make us wrong,,

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #87 - 03/26/13 at 19:33:35

You seemed to invalidate your majority there JOG ?

I am just saying in this forum you would get agreement for your point of view easy, cos like someone suggested you're a 91% majority. I didn't say nothing about right or wrong.

Here is another explanation for the 91% - If you conducted a poll among the rich people only you will easily conclude that "Dewey indeed defeated Truman"

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #88 - 03/26/13 at 19:39:40

Actually, what I did was state that regardless of whether one has a majority of support, that in no way has any bearing on whether or not they are correct. Your post certainly read as if you believed that since our position is not well supported elsewhere, it is not correct.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #89 - 03/27/13 at 13:01:28

Dane -
I haven't been part of this thread, but I've been around here a long time.  You are wasting finger energy typing anything to Srinath.  He refuses to compromise his anti business and anti Republican views, and arguing with him is pointless.  I quit weeks ago.
JOG is a decent guy, although he frequently sees a conspiracy behind every door.  He is intelligent.
You'll find lots of decent guys on here, even though not all of them think as you and I do.
Welcome aboard, albeit my welcome is a bit tardy.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 00:21:48

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Hubris...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.