Official RYCA Updates (Read 8839 times)
dfrh
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Official RYCA CS-1 Updates
Reply #60 - 06/20/11 at 01:23:17

CoolThe Rears are built into

wow gold and use the combat skills.cheap wow goldHis other hand dragon head will be hard twisting side. Black dragon made a sound.
  IP Logged
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Reply #61 - 06/21/11 at 14:57:18

You guys are building some nice CS-1's out there, and we'd love to see your finished projects. Send us some photos and info about your bike -- we're creating a special section of the website for customer builds. Any cool or interesting stories about your project would be great too!

IP Logged
Chicagobob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #62 - 07/07/11 at 14:08:48

Looking at Ryca's photos, I had a thought.  Why not narrow the handlbars (shorten the clip-ons) to make the front end a little more compact.  I did this on my old GS550, and I liked the wrist angle better.  I had to reroute the clutch and throttle cables, but no big problems.  Anyone have any ideas?

For my old bike, see http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/album.php?albumid=1157

IP Logged
CalisOsin

Rather die, than
live down on my
knees.

Orange County, Ca
Reply #63 - 07/07/11 at 14:17:41

Chicagobob wrote on 07/07/11 at 14:08:48:
Looking at Ryca's photos, I had a thought.  Why not narrow the handlbars (shorten the clip-ons) to make the front end a little more compact.  I did this on my old GS550, and I liked the wrist angle better.  I had to reroute the clutch and throttle cables, but no big problems.  Anyone have any ideas?

For my old bike, see http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/album.php?albumid=1157

can't view this link without logging in... Huh

'97, k&n airfilter, bcb pipe, custom leather seat, monoshock, custom bars
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #64 - 07/08/11 at 13:40:09

Chicagobob wrote on 07/07/11 at 14:08:48:

First of all, you "shorten" clip-ons by sliding them further in on the mounts.

Secondly, you need a minimum amount of bar for your throttle, switches and master cylinder, unless you ditch the stock throttle/switch pod for something else. Besides, depending on how you angle your brake, there's a clearance issue between the master cylinder and clip-on mount.

You could trade out the stock master cylinder of one of the modern remote reservoir types. The trick is finding one for a 1" bar. There might be a master cylinder from some other 1" bar bike (that move the proper amount of fluid) that would give more room. You could research that for us.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Chicagobob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 07/15/11 at 07:57:44

Sorry about the link.  I don't seem to be able to post photos on this site.

I used Tarozzi clip-ons that don't have a large flange at the mount, so no interference with the master cylinder.  Once I had the controls as close in to the fork as i could get them (and symmetrical), I cut off the unused ends of the bars.

This works well on my 400-punder, so I imagine it would work well on the lighter Ryca.  For me, it looks and feels better.

IP Logged
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Reply #66 - 07/16/11 at 17:33:12

We've been super busy with some new stuff, including the launch of the Online Store, so I haven't logged in for a while. Please email us through our website if you have any questions or need tech support.

Also, if you've completed your CS-1 project, send us some pics for our customer gallery. We'd love to show off your project and explain any mods you performed on the bike.

The Ryca Online Store will be up and running within two weeks, with everything for sale in kit form and individual components. We'll have a kick ass front brake line solution, as well as a super-clean front turn signal mod.

IP Logged
Chicagobob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #67 - 07/19/11 at 11:17:46

Has anyone finished one of these?  Have riding impressions to share?

IP Logged
BuckRYCA

New London, CT, USA
Reply #68 - 07/19/11 at 16:45:58

Oh, yeah. Close to 700 miles on my full kit build. It is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. I find myself taking it out instead of my Bandit (only 28 hp versus 100 hp, but only 330 lbs versus 530 lbs). Handling is quick, but it's not razor sharp so you will not be easily forgiven for mistakes. If you start pushing it, you've got to stay on top of it. The suspension is firm -- you willl feel the bumps. I keep pushing it. I've not made it to the tire's edges yet, but getting there.  It's just fun with its distinctive (if loud) exhaust note, quick reflexes, and its obvious throwback feeling to a vintage British thumper. It also gets a lot of attention.

'96 Savage - now a Ryca CS-1
WWW BuckRYCA BuckRYCA   IP Logged
copterdoc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South of North.
Reply #69 - 07/22/11 at 10:36:03

Question for you guys who have recieved your kit:

How long did it take for you to recieve your kit from the time RYCA recieved you tank and hub?

2000 S40 RYCA conversion built in 2011.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #70 - 07/24/11 at 06:39:28

copterdoc wrote on 07/22/11 at 10:36:03:
Question for you guys who have recieved your kit:

How long did it take for you to recieve your kit from the time RYCA recieved you tank and hub?

We shipped two batches of parts (tanks, wheels, swingarms) to RYCA 7 March.  Received the modified tanks along with the fiberglass seats and side panels 27 April.  The rest of the modified parts arrived 7 June.  See "Double RYCA Build"

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
zoeman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oxford, PA
Reply #71 - 07/24/11 at 15:51:25

Ryca received my tank and hub on March 23 ... I received the kit, including the primered tank on June 10th.

IP Logged
copterdoc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South of North.
Reply #72 - 07/24/11 at 17:30:51

Thanks. I am getting mine in bare metal and it has been two months and two days since they recieved my tank and hub. Just getting a little antsy.

2000 S40 RYCA conversion built in 2011.
  IP Logged
berg
YaBB Newbies

I shower naked

Brisbane, AU
Reply #73 - 07/25/11 at 18:47:09

they received tank etc 5 May, delivered last friday 22 July.
i admit it is a huge relief once it's finally shipped.

IP Logged
runrun

Thump thump

Erie, CO
Bodywork build tip
Reply #74 - 08/04/11 at 05:04:22

When you're lining up and marking the location for the tail light bracket, stretch a string from the big bolt head at the middle of the triple clamp, along the seat and tail section, and down to the middle of the rear tire to help you find the middle of the tail section.

Also, it's helpful to have the license plate attached to the bracket when you're marking and especially when you're gluing.  This gives you a nice straight edge for reference and makes it much easier to get the bracket aligned properly.   Make sure to look at it both from above the bike and from behind, and get it square in both dimensions.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 15:19:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Official RYCA Updates

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.