Send Topic Print
Official RYCA Updates (Read 8839 times)
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Re: Official RYCA CS-1 Updates
Reply #30 - 03/15/11 at 10:16:51

LOL, it feels a little like the part about stripping the tank really well was aimed at me. Ah, my pathetic tank. But the yellow residue on the underside makes it easy for me to pick out in your photos.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
crackmonkey
YaBB Newbies

nothing to see here.
 keep moving

Hagerstown, MD
Reply #31 - 03/15/11 at 13:54:53

bad motto, go sit in the corner and polish something Grin

IP Logged
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Reply #32 - 03/16/11 at 00:00:27

MotoBuddha wrote on 03/15/11 at 10:16:51:
LOL, it feels a little like the part about stripping the tank really well was aimed at me. Ah, my pathetic tank. But the yellow residue on the underside makes it easy for me to pick out in your photos.

Nah, it wasn't aimed at you. We're just trying to encourage people to strip the tanks at home. It speeds everything up and cuts down on all the fumes in the shop. Not to mention the stripper jokes.

IP Logged
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Reply #33 - 03/31/11 at 23:06:26

CS-1 UPDATE FOR MARCH 31
(Here's the newsletter with pictures: http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f960391aaaa7fe642e4bfac85&id=2b20df4a8c)

Hello, and thanks for placing a pre-order for a Ryca CS-1.

For those of you just joining us, make sure to check out the how-to videos and review all the previous CS-1 Updates. The weekly updates are also posted on the Suzuki Savage forum. Send us an email if you would like to receive the lowering kit and custom clip-ons ahead of your kit.

New shocks
The standard shocks included in the complete kit are manufactured to our specs specifically for the CS-1. They have adjustable pre-load and come in black or chrome. When installed with the standard rear tire, you will be able to use a center-mounted license plate without any clearance issues. An optional license plate mount is included with the tail light (with integrated turn signals, running light, and license plate light). We'll have some more photos of the shocks installed on a bike soon...

Standard shocks (available in black or chrome) with Kenda rear tire.

Battery Box
The battery box is lined with neoprene rubber and allows the stock battery to be strapped into place. It also provides mounting points for the rectifier (on the front) and the starter solenoid (on the bottom). The fiberglass side covers attach to the battery box via stainless steel thumbscrews. The hole at the top is for routing electronics. The battery box is bolted to the frame at the stock seat mounts in front and the stock fender mounts in the rear. All required fasteners for the CS-1 are either re-used from your stock Suzuki or supplied with the kit.

Battery box pieces and hardware before fabrication.

Battery box with rectifier attached.

More on the fabrication and assembly process in the next update.

Brake Cables
Several customers are installing shorter brake lines to avoid the excess length of cable resulting from the lowering mod. David Finn from Illinois put together this tutorial with pictures. Thanks Dave!

We'll post a front turn signal mod next week. If you've done any cool/useful mods and want to share the info, please send us an email.

Paint stripping reminder
You get a $25 discount if your tank arrives free of paint and rust. Please strip the entire tank, not just the top! Here's a good how-to on paint stripping from Tim Walker of Nevada.

This week's video is a 3 part series showing the installation process of the battery box, belt guard, seat assembly, side panels, and tail light on the CS-1. The build series will continue with videos covering the installation of the remaining components and a video on routing/wiring of electrical components coming up soon.

One last thing...
If you're on the pre-order list, please make sure we can reach you! If you don't check your email often, consider sending us your phone number. Once your production slot becomes available, we need to contact you, process your order, and get started on your kit as quickly as possible. If we don't hear from you within a week, we will have to move your name to the bottom of the list.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #34 - 04/01/11 at 09:27:36

Hot dog......good news today from Ryca; my kit is ready to be produced.  I will give them one more hour to wake up this morning before calling and  activating my project along with all of the options available.  
Oh yes baby... bring it on.
Back brace or not when its time its time.
If I have to put a mattress in the garage and do it from a laying down postion I will find a way.
I have even considered taking the engine from REX and using that in the 2005/2007 (cannot remember right now which it is) S40 that was designated for the project.  That is one way to get around the electrical/ignition demons I've been dealing with the past 2 yrs on that thing.
Besides, I had already removed the tank mounts from REX's frame so the newly mod'd tank for the CS-1 kit would not work on REX's frame.
I really want REX's engine to be in the CS-1...............it just needs to be that way...............YA KNOW !!!

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #35 - 04/02/11 at 06:19:51

LANCER wrote on 04/01/11 at 09:27:36:
Besides, I had already removed the tank mounts from REX's frame so the newly mod'd tank for the CS-1 kit would not work on REX's frame.

I'm not following you. You need to cut the tank mounts off anyway for the Ryca kit. They supply new bolt-on mounts to reposition the tank lower.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #36 - 04/02/11 at 09:54:39

This photo from the Ryca Facebook page makes me think, "Hmmmmmmm, cafe racer meets rat bike. That would be different -- and less uptight -- than the carefully polished and painted thing I've been working on. It's not too late to change plans."

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #37 - 04/05/11 at 07:57:00

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
runrun

Thump thump

Erie, CO
Reply #38 - 04/07/11 at 08:40:10

MotoBuddha wrote on 04/02/11 at 09:54:39:
This photo from the Ryca Facebook page makes me think, "Hmmmmmmm, cafe racer meets rat bike. That would be different -- and less uptight -- than the carefully polished and painted thing I've been working on. It's not too late to change plans."

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk182/motobuddha/4b72a1d6.png

This is what I'm going for, at least for now.  Maybe next winter, after riding the rat and seeing what other mods are necessary, I'll take it apart again and really clean it up.  

Really like the hugger.  Casey, what was the donor?

IP Logged
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Reply #39 - 04/07/11 at 23:39:00

runrun wrote on 04/07/11 at 08:40:10:
Really like the hugger.  Casey, what was the donor?

'86 red Savage

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #40 - 04/08/11 at 18:47:41

Alas, the kit didn't arrive in time for my birthday. But soon. Soon.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 04/09/11 at 05:19:24

happy birthday anyways!

IP Logged
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Reply #42 - 04/18/11 at 20:44:35

CS-1 UPDATE FOR APRIL 18
(Here's the newsletter with pictures and links: http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f960391aaaa7fe642e4bfac85&id=8eac313304

For those of you just joining us, make sure to check out the how-to videos and review all the previous CS-1 Updates. The weekly updates are also posted on the Suzuki Savage forum. Send us an email if you would like to receive the lowering kit and custom clip-ons ahead of your kit.

We've been working overtime to fill all of your orders, and we're VERY close to being caught up. Here's an update for current kit orders:
- The custom made extended speedometer cables have arrived.
- The new batch of wheels arrived last week and have been sent out for polishing and lacing.
- Metal parts have been sent to powdercoat.
- Tanks have been welded and pressure tested. Body work is in progress for those who want a primered or painted kit.
- The new standard shocks we had manufactured to our specs are on the way, but have not arrived yet.

The bare metal option includes a modded tank that has not been body filled or painted, with fiberglass parts which are primered and ready for paint. If you have already placed an order for a bare metal kit but don't want your fiberglass parts primered, please send and email to Ryan at ryan@rycamotors.com as soon as possible.

Headlight Painting - Here's a quick guide to painting and clear-coating your headlight case with readily available Duplicolor lacquer.

Front Turn Signals - Some of you have asked about front turn signal options. Here's a pretty easy mod you can use to install a pair of mini-turn signals on your CS-1.

Wheel Lacing - Ken Campbell from Ohio wrote a great tech article on the Suzuki Savage forum covering the dis-assembly and re-lacing of the front Suzuki wheel.

The next series of videos will be posted soon. They will cover the rest of the build process and show you how to finish the bike. We'll also demonstrate the process of tuning the carb with the supplied jet set (included in the complete kit).

Paint stripping reminder
You get a $25 discount if your tank arrives free of paint and rust. Please strip the entire tank, not just the top! Here's a good how-to on paint stripping from Tim Walker of Nevada.

One last thing...
If you're on the pre-order list, please make sure we can reach you! If you don't check your email often, consider sending us your phone number. Once your production slot becomes available, we need to contact you, process your order, and get started on your kit as quickly as possible. If we don't hear from you within a week, we will have to move your name to the bottom of the list.

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #43 - 04/28/11 at 15:25:42

Thanks for the initial load of parts! Whee!

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Reply #44 - 04/29/11 at 21:24:09

CS-1 UPDATE FOR APRIL 28
(Here's the newsletter with pictures and links: http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f960391aaaa7fe642e4bfac85&id=f8620ca416

Several people have asked about the issue of the stock motor bolts not working after cutting the motor mount tubes on the frame. Motor mount bolts of the proper length are supplied with the kit. We'll have some photos of all the included hardware posted soon to go along with the photos of the new and improved kit components.

This week's video covers re-jetting / tuning the carb for use with the new muffler and air filter. A jet set with a selection of main and pilot jets is included in the kit.

Here's a few photos of the bike with the standard shocks and rear tire installed (matching front tire was mounted for the photos):

Paint stripping reminder

One last thing...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 17:42:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Official RYCA Updates

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.