Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Official RYCA Updates (Read 8839 times)
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Official RYCA Updates
02/12/11 at 18:59:47

It's cool to see you Ryca guys/girls over here on the Savage forum. It's probably the most friendly and helpful forum I've ever been on, motorcycles or otherwise. I'm more of a lurker....I only have about 60 posts here, but I'll try to make some time to answer any questions and post updates for anyone who is interested.

The first people to see the CS-1 besides my shopmates were the people on this forum, and since that post (http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1273643883/0), things got pretty crazy for Ryca. Thanks again for the encouragement and helpful info along the way.

Now that things are rolling, we want to keep everyone up to date on what's happening, and the forum is a good place to talk about stuff that would otherwise get lost on Facebook or on a website. It seems like the majority of our customers are very similar to us: DIY types who are interested in details. So this thread will be an attempt to answer questions and post updates and share information.

We have a lot of fun things planned for the future, and it will be cool to see what you guys come up with...and the bikes you build. I chose the Suzuki Savage because I thought the possibilities were endless.

I'll post a summary of the CS-1 updates tomorrow when I get some time, and we'll add to this thread as part of our weekly updates.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here's a summary of the first few CS-1 updates we send out on a weekly basis...

- The first 3 videos of the how-to series are up on our Youtube channel (www.youtube.com/rycamotors). They cover the tear down process, the front-fork lowering mod, and the required cuts to the frame. Hopefully, the lowering mod video will be helpful to people building other projects besides the CS-1. You can make your own spacers with PVC and cut them to any length you want.

- We just received the custom Ryca clip-ons. They are polished aluminum and made specific for the S40/Savage (38mm fork / 1 inch bars). Included the complete kit.

- If you're on the pre-order list, you can choose one of three options to get stuff early and start on your project before you receive a kit...
OPTION 1: Lowering kit only (machined aluminum spacers and the damper rod removal tool)
OPTION 2: Lowering kit + custom Ryca clip-ons
OPTION 3: Lowering kit + clip-ons + front suspension upgrade by Progressive.

Option 1 and 2 are covered by your deposit. Option 3 will cost $75. Free shipping with the US and Canada.

- Core exchange update: Please send a few pics of your tank if it is damaged to make sure we can work with it. The policy will be to mod and return the same tank that you sent to us (some customers have a mint condition tank and want it back!). The sidestand mount is no longer included in the core exchange -- we're making those from scratch. The rear wheel hub is still required.

- Shock upgrades from Progressive are based on their popular 440 series and will be available in black or chrome. Add $325 (black) or $375 (chrome) to your kit price. We'll get some pics of them on a bike up soon.

- We'll be offering a good price break for kits in bare metal or primer-only. It will speed up the process and reduce wait times.

- The CS-1 has not been tested with a chain instead of belt drive. Due to the new geometry of the swingarm with longer shocks and possible clearance issues with the rear set bracket, converting to chain is NOT RECOMMENDED.

- Complete kits will include a polished aluminum 18" rear rim laced to your stock hub. A Kenda will be mounted and balanced (a good match to the stock front tire if you don't want to replace the original). No mods to the swingarm will be required.

- Any rear tire over 26" in diameter (including the vintage Firestone Deluxe Champions) WILL require a mod to the swingarm. If you send us your swingarm, we'll mod it and touch up the paint for only $100.

- We're working on a network of dealers to assist customers who want to purchase a complete CS-1.

- We're going to begin having the rearsets machined out of aluminum. You'll be able to polish them up to match the clip-ons and the rims if you like.

« Last Edit: 09/18/12 at 17:59:27 by verslagen1 »  
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Official RYCA CS-1 Updates
Reply #1 - 02/12/11 at 22:20:59

You've done some neat stuff.  
I look forward to updates...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #2 - 02/13/11 at 02:44:38

Droooool! Can't wait to see whazzup with Ryca!!! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
s40fan
YaBB Newbies

TX
Reply #3 - 02/13/11 at 09:56:08

Could a moderator or admin make this a sticky topic or move it to the important topics section? Thank!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 02/13/11 at 10:49:25

WWW   IP Logged
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Reply #5 - 02/16/11 at 16:57:36

All invoices for the fork spring upgrade should be sent out by now. If for some reason you did not get an invoice and want the fork springs, please let us know ASAP....before we start sending out the packages!

IP Logged
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Reply #6 - 02/19/11 at 19:49:42

Update for Feb. 19

Hello, and thanks for placing a pre-order for a Ryca CS-1.

We're busy getting all the parts boxed and shipped, so I'll keep this update short. If you're just joining us, the packages contain a lowering kit, custom clip-ons, and a pair of Progressive springs (depending on which option you went for). I'll add this info to the website when I get a chance, but if you have no idea what I'm talking about.....just send us an email and we can ship you some things to get you started on your CS-1 project.

If you need help prepping your S40/Savage, there's some great info and a few CS-1 discussions going on over at the Suzuki Savage forum. We will be adding to the videos on our Youtube Channel soon, including a full build video with detailed assembly instructions.

We've hired some extra help here at the shop and will be moving through the pre-order list at a faster pace in the next few weeks. Consider ordering your kit in primer only (or even bare metal). Also, if possible, strip all the paint off your tank. You can use common paint stripper from the hardware store. We'll knock off $25 if we receive your tank free of paint and rust.

More info and details in the next newsletter, along with a video on the front spring installation!

Ryca Motors

IP Logged
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Reply #7 - 02/21/11 at 20:24:34

It's not required to order the lowering kit or clip-ons early. They will be included in the complete kit. Also, the fork spring upgrade can be purchased when you finalize your kit purchase.

Basically...all the options are optional!

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #8 - 02/22/11 at 04:42:02

But are the optional options optional?

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Reply #9 - 02/23/11 at 22:47:51

All fork spring upgrade + clipons + lowering kit packages have been shipped out.

IP Logged
s40fan
YaBB Newbies

TX
Reply #10 - 02/24/11 at 15:03:24

Awesome!

IP Logged
T2

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Frederick, CO
Reply #11 - 02/24/11 at 20:16:18

So, I was hanging out by the mailbox all day, just in case my RYCA stuff came early.  Then the local police showed up and told me to go home.  So, I sneaked back out at dusk and waited in my car across the street.  Then, a Postal Inspector showed up and told me to go home.  So, I waited until dark, low crawled into the ditch across from the mail box, crawled into my sleeping bag and waited.  Then, the coyotes showed up and told me to go home...sigh.  This is worse than Christmas Eve when I was a kid.  :'(
Terry

IP Logged
runrun

Thump thump

Erie, CO
Reply #12 - 02/25/11 at 08:20:51

T2,
Hey neighbor!  I'm just down the road in Erie, also spending a lot of time hanging out at the mail box waiting.
Would be great to compare notes.  I haven't run into anything that's stumped me yet, but I will.
Michael

IP Logged
randyradio

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 02/25/11 at 08:30:28

Hey,  I've been on the Ryca list 3 weeks not and did not get an email saying I was going to get some parts early.  Do we have to ask for that?  BTW Ryan told me last week that they was hiring a bunch of new staff and gearing up for doing like 50 gastanks at a time to zip things along. I'm wondering if I get it in plain primer for all their parts and get them painted here if that drops it alot?

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #14 - 02/25/11 at 08:38:08

Do you have aluminum rims ?
and I must ask,Why the antique tires ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers