Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Jardine again..... (now MAC) (Read 30 times)
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Jardine again..... (now MAC)
Reply #60 - 10/26/04 at 05:45:30

Yeah, it's seriously different than the stock.  It's a rhythmic thump (and quite loud) - most definitely indicative of the nickname.  And yes, it's most definitely growing on me.

I'm not sure about the best way to record it.  Maybe my Palm's voice recorder.  I've never actually used it but I think it records WAV files.  I'll give it a shot this evening.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #61 - 10/26/04 at 05:51:52

Good.  I record mine with a Sony Voice recorder in wav. format too.

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #62 - 10/26/04 at 07:12:43

Ok well I am sound bite ignorant. I have some equipment here but need to really figure out how to use it.

I have a iSite camera that has built in microphone in it. Plus I have a Apple set up both desk top and lap top. I know these things are really good at that and the software is all here but I have no experience putting it all together. Let me see if I can fiddle with it today and get something done learning.

Any tips from the Mac people on that would be nice. And knowing the format you want is going to be help full. I will try and see what I can produce today. WAV is it....

But don't count on me just yet. As I know not what I do....  Grin

Greg, where can I listen to your clips?

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #63 - 10/26/04 at 07:42:56

I've been away for a week and am just catching up with posts.  In reading this thread, it seems to me like we need a definitive topic about exhausts, white spacer, needle, and jetting options.  A bit of a primer if you will.  We get lots of newbies asking questions about one or all of these and it would be great to have a topic to use as reference.  Anyone want to take a stab at it?  

I would but I know nothing about it yet other than what I've read...  I was thinking we could list the various options, along with descriptions, costs, thoughts, helpful hints.  Something like:

Description of Stock Exhaust Setup: Commentary on what it is (components); why its lean etc...

Modifications: Commentary on various modifications that can be made to stock exhaust, followed by detailed info on each.
  • Idle screw-- directions on what to do and why it matters
  • White spacer -- directions on what to do and why it matters
  • Needle -- directions on what to do and why it matters
Jetting options:Commentary on reasons to change jetting, followed by details on each jetting option
  • Mikuni jets -- cheapest option; comes in x,y,z sizes; how to install
  • Dynojet -- easy to use but expensive; not worth the cost unless...; list sizes; explain why different than nMikuni sizes
  • Dial-a-jet -- commentary
Exhaust Options (listed in order of approx cost):
Commentary on reasons to change exhaust, followed by details on each exhaust option
  • MAC -- approx $xx; Canadian-made; least expensive option; some concerns around longevity; sounds like...
  • Jardine -- ....
  • SuperTrapp -- ...
  • Raask -- ...
What do you think?  Anyone willing to tackle it?  If not, I will take a stab at compiling the info already on the board but you guys will have to correct it and promise not to laugh.   Roll Eyes

If you want me to do it, let me know if anything should be added to the lists above.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #64 - 10/26/04 at 08:32:26

It's an idea, but with the current setup of this forum, topics disappear from view unless kept active.  A way to archive would be nice.

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #65 - 10/26/04 at 08:34:27

cphilip wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Ok well I am sound bite ignorant. I have some equipment here but need to really figure out how to use it.

I have a iSite camera that has built in microphone in it. Plus I have a Apple set up both desk top and lap top. I know these things are really good at that and the software is all here but I have no experience putting it all together. Let me see if I can fiddle with it today and get something done learning.

Any tips from the Mac people on that would be nice. And knowing the format you want is going to be help full. I will try and see what I can produce today. WAV is it....

But don't count on me just yet. As I know not what I do....  Grin

Greg, where can I listen to your clips?

In the privacy of your own home, if you wish  Tongue

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #66 - 10/26/04 at 09:39:22

I do indeed wish too! Where are they?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #67 - 10/26/04 at 10:06:09

Quote:
MAC -- approx $xx; Canadian-made; least expensive option; some concerns around longevity; sounds like...

Actually, the MAC factory is in California.  There are separate Canadian and US distributorships on the web.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #68 - 10/26/04 at 10:34:01

cphilip wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I do indeed wish too! Where are they?

In your mailbox...

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #69 - 10/26/04 at 10:37:34

Looking in my jet box from my dynojet days I find there is a 155 mainjet, I've been lead to believe there should be a 154 or a 156  ???

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #70 - 10/26/04 at 10:41:08

If I'm getting this right now, the Mikuni jets are in 2.5 increments such that it would number 145, 147.5, 150, 152.5, 155, etc.  Is that correct?  I know the Dynojet jets I have are in increments of 2 ranging from 138 to 146 and the Mikuni jet I removed from my carb was a 145.  Is it possible that's actually a Mikuni jet leftover?

Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #71 - 10/26/04 at 10:58:57

klx650sm2002 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Looking in my jet box from my dynojet days I find there is a 155 mainjet, I've been lead to believe there should be a 154 or a 156  ???

Clive W  Cheesy

You just had to, didn't you? Tongue

Just when it was all sorted out, you have make me confused again.  Maybe that's a jet that you replaced in your "Dynojet days".

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #72 - 10/26/04 at 11:22:25

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
It's an idea, but with the current setup of this forum, topics disappear from view unless kept active.  A way to archive would be nice.

Actually there is a way to lock topics (I bet we'd have to get John H to do it but I bet it can be done -- see the legend at the bottom of the page, it includes a locked topic icon...)  I am assuming locking them means they stay at the top not that they can't be posted to -- I would have to verify this, of course.

We could lock a couple of topics like the one I was suggesting and the mods over time one.  I'll follow up with John if folks think it is a good idea...

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #73 - 10/26/04 at 11:52:17

No locking them does not keep them up. It just keeps you from further posting on them. There is a "Stick thread option" that does that though in most Bulletin software.

The simplest way is to open up another forum such as "Archive", "FAQ" or even titled "Historic" and move threads that contain a lot of detail there and leave them open.

But just limit them to a single subject and only a few of them. That way they stay on the radar screen. Within this Board there is an option to create such a forum. And then the Admin would move them there. A choice selection of them. Thats the easiest way to do it. And we would have to enlist John to do it.  And he would then have to move any threads that crop up there back over to here to keep it clean and tidy and only those select threads.

Or you can change forum permissions to veiw only that forum. No one could add to them.

Several simple ways to do that within the Software. And with Admin powers.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #74 - 10/26/04 at 19:07:27

I contacted John and asked him how we could make sticky topics and he made me moderator which means I can do it...me and my big mouth.   Shocked

Anyway as a starting point and to see if it worked, I made the "mods over time" topic sticky and it is now showing up on top.  Sooo anyone up for tackling the exhaust, jetting summary topic I mentioned above?  I will do it if no one else wants to but will need some editing help and no laughing...  Roll Eyes

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 01:59:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jardine again..... (now MAC)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.