Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Singer sewing machine? (Read 20 times)
Sgt_Mike
Ex Member

A Singer sewing machine?
11/01/04 at 06:16:06

So a stock exhaust sounds like a Singer S M does it? What after market exhaust will make the S40 sound good? Stock comes off, new one goes on, no fuss no muss, no discs, no modifications, one off one on. Is there such such an exhaust available?

Sgt Mike

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: A Singer sewing machine?
Reply #1 - 11/01/04 at 07:10:23

I think I would have said large chainsaw or lawn mower but it is rather quiet.  There are a few fairly simple options.  I just put a MAC on mine a little over a week ago and I like it a lot.  Here's a general rundown as I understand it.  Anyone who'd like to add to or correct it, please do.

1) MAC - Slip-on muffler, reuses header pipe (or a MAC header pipe may be purchased), not adjustable. Loud.  It runs $95 from the factory.

2) Jardine - Slip-on muffler, reuses header pipe, not adjustable.  Moderate.  I've seen these listed from about $125 and up.

3) Supertrapp - Slip-on muffler, reuses header pipe, adjustable with discs.  Moderate to loud.  I've seen these listed for about $210 and up.

4) Raask - Straight pipe, one-piece replaces header and muffler.  Loud.  I believe these run closer to $350 or $400.

I have only seen the stock and MAC so I can't speak for the others.  The MAC is basically a straight pipe with baffling lining the inner walls.  I'm told the latter portion of the Raask is very similar.  I don't know how the baffling is structured on the Jardine but the sound clips I've heard put it a bit quieter than the other three.  I've also seen several postings of folks using a cheaper HD straight-pipe and making a few mods to allow it to fit.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Reply #2 - 11/01/04 at 07:11:36

Yes there is: Raask, made in Sweden. Look in previous post.

Here's the link: http://www.raask.com

B.t.w. Greg knows all about, he has one.

Greetz
Kropatchek

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #3 - 11/01/04 at 08:30:09

I think that the "Technical Corner" needs this topic, too, cause it almost seems that we just wrapped up a similar discussion on this....it's a big one since it goes into jetting too.

Anyone want to take on that task?

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #4 - 11/01/04 at 08:35:55

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
I think that the "Technical Corner" needs this topic, too, cause it almost seems that we just wrapped up a similar discussion on this....it's a big one since it goes into jetting too.

Anyone want to take on that task?

I was going to do it in addition to the jetting because I think it is all related.  There is a lot of info and posts on the forum that I can pull from.  At least to have a starting point.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Reply #5 - 11/01/04 at 08:47:06

#5. HD mufflers on the stock head pipe with an adapter, with baffles still there no other changes needed.

#6. RAASK used as a head pipe for a stock or perfromance muffler.

#7. Any of the universal mufflers from places like JCWhitney with the #5 angled adapter.

#8 Years ago someone mentioned small equipment baffled mufflers fom the auto parts stores. I've even see adds for some small tractor stack mufflers in chrome. Would need to have about the same displacement.

I did #6 with a HD FXD glasspac and am very happy with it.  Was sold as SE accessory, but I'm not sure.   Max

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 06:44:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › A Singer sewing machine?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.