Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Jardine again..... (now MAC) (Read 30 times)
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Re: Jardine again..... (now MAC)
Reply #75 - 10/27/04 at 04:10:20

The dynojet 155 main was listed on the spec sheet for the kit.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #76 - 10/27/04 at 04:18:51

Susan wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I contacted John and asked him how we could make sticky topics and he made me moderator which means I can do it...me and my big mouth.   Shocked

Anyway as a starting point and to see if it worked, I made the "mods over time" topic sticky and it is now showing up on top.  Sooo anyone up for tackling the exhaust, jetting summary topic I mentioned above?  I will do it if no one else wants to but will need some editing help and no laughing...  Roll Eyes

Now, now.  You know that no one would laugh at you  Grin

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #77 - 10/27/04 at 04:20:02

klx650sm2002 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
The dynojet 155 main was listed on the spec sheet for the kit.

Clive W  Cheesy

AAHHHH!  Doesn't anyone have a set of gage pins?  ???

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #78 - 10/27/04 at 04:34:36

In our 500 cc four cyl two stroke we used to get the jets flow tested to make sure all four ran the same, we also matched ports, compressions, squishes, pipes and stinger lenghts/diameters

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #79 - 10/27/04 at 04:46:16

And this is the 400 cc thumper that was an embarrassment to HD riders  8)

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #80 - 10/27/04 at 06:22:27

Looks like I'll need to find some other way to get a sound clip.  I was able to record it with my Palm's voice recorder but it's only clear at idle.  When I rev it at all it becomes extremely distorted and really sounds like crap... just too loud I guess.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #81 - 10/27/04 at 08:34:26

That looks like an old DT 400, allways fancied one.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
cphilip
Ex Member

Reply #82 - 10/27/04 at 09:47:12

I am still waiting on my local Mac Geek to get back to me on how to use what I got to do it Rob....

But.... after listening to Gregs sounds clips.... I can say that its Very close the the Raask pipe and somewhat close to the Jardine in sound. Both those were similar to me....

But the Super Trapp was superior in sound to all of them. Well I guess its a matter of oppionion but it was "mellower" at high rev. Similar at idle. But a sort of mutted buttery tone at "squalling rev".  A bit more smooth than the rest. If you like that sort of thing. Perhaps you don't.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #83 - 10/27/04 at 11:04:20

I would agree except that I don't have a sound clip of the Supertrapp to try.  Greg sent me the other two yesterday.  The sound of the MAC is a bit deeper than either of those recordings but that may not mean it's deeper than the actual exhausts... just that the recordings are not absolutely true to life.  I'll see what I can come up with on my end.  Both of my PCs are desktops - not laptops, so I'll need to do something else.  Maybe use a tape recorder and then transfer to the sound card on the PC... hmmmmm.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #84 - 10/27/04 at 11:08:30

klx650sm2002 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
That looks like an old DT 400, allways fancied one.

Clive W  Cheesy

Exactly!  And you have no idea how long I searched the web for a good digital picture.  None of my old conventional photos are worth scanning.

I eventually stripped it down, installed a plastic tank and fenders, new shocks, stiffer reed valve, over bore kit....that bike would pull stumps, wheelie, or kill you trying.  

Oh and did I mention "Diesel"?  That was one of the known wierd things about that engine.  All you had to do was miss shift and slam the throttle open at the same time....next thing you'd know it was wide open and the kill switch wouldn't stop it.  The darn engine would redline without a spark and the only way to stop it was dump the clutch....always good for a rush.

It was good that I was only 28 when I had that bike  8)

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #85 - 10/27/04 at 11:13:24

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I would agree except that I don't have a sound clip of the Supertrapp to try.  Greg sent me the other two yesterday.  

WAIT!  Now I remember.  I got a message that said your mailbox was full when I sent the 3rd sound clip.  I figured that I'd wait for you to empty it....

Off to the email side of my browser now..... Shocked

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #86 - 10/28/04 at 07:13:43

Okay, got it.  I'd say the MAC sounds somewhere between the Raaske and SuperTrapp, leaning more toward the Raaske side.

Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #87 - 10/28/04 at 08:10:43

Isn't there supposed to be a little job description symbol between the eagle and the 3 stripes?...Maybe a motorcycle would be good  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #88 - 10/28/04 at 08:17:50

On some crows, yes.  Those on dress uniforms will have it while those on dungarees and work jackets, etc. won't.  The color on this one looks like that of a work jacket.  Also, though I don't remember for sure, it seems like there were three groupings like seaman/airman/fireman that used different color stripes for the dress blues.  Seaman had white, airman had green and fireman had red.  Seems like it all became one set once you made E-4 and wore chevrons instead of stripes.  That is, until you reached gold lifer status with like 16 years straight good conduct... then yours became gold.

bobo383
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Neck=Red

Arlington, TX
Reply #89 - 10/29/04 at 05:17:47

Back to the carb info compilation idea -- that's a good one.  There's plenty knowledge and experience on this site, so wrenchers new to the savage can read up on what has and has not worked.  I yanked out my spacer and the bike ran great, but the screw had to be all the way in to idle and the airbox always had gasoline in it.  OK, but not really good.  So I put the spacer back in and got advice from the site that a 152.5 or 155 main would work well.  I agree the question keeps coming up and keeps getting re-answered.

Arlington Texas
Used to have 98 & 88 Savages
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 17:58:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jardine again..... (now MAC)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.