Send Topic Print
Spring Fever (Read 2567 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Spring Fever
Reply #90 - 06/18/23 at 13:32:02

Happy Fathers Day to all its applies to. Well I didn’t do crap on Saturday but bbq. I got sucked into working Fathers Day , night shift for a 10-12 hr shift.  Not real enthusiastic about it and hope they don’t expect much , LOL.    Angry

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #91 - 06/18/23 at 20:40:57

Well the BSA is coming along , chain roller is done , rear brake very near done , front brake still has some fab work to do. Now only 99.2% vintage now , a friend let me dig thru his box of grom brake parts trying to find a caliper , gave me many ideas. Wound up buying a rear caliper from a Chinese grom clone , yeah bottom of the barrel but still has 50 yrs more technology than that Hurst Airheart caliper. I picked a small single piston caliper from the rear to go on the front. Pads are a perfect fit for the small 10” rotor. I have to fab up a mounting bracket. Must finish brakes before sparky smokey can happen !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #92 - 06/20/23 at 10:58:11

Think I’m ready to pull engine out of the frame , back on the bench. The rolling chassis will remain on table till it’s done. Brakes , pegs , wiring will be finished before it get the repaired engine back. Tank , seat , number plates ,
carb , and exhaust all ready go.
Oh yeah , building a race bike , Big Fun !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #93 - 06/21/23 at 19:58:59

Ooh a new rear Continental tire just appeared at my door from half way around the world , Spain to be exact.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #94 - 06/21/23 at 21:49:14

Pictures Ruttly Pictures ... Please  Smiley

I've never went into putting the rolling chassis up on the work bench to do the details , you must have a really nice shop .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #95 - 06/22/23 at 11:13:07

Well , My shop is nothing but a small cramped dusty garage. I’ve been building bikes since I was 14. Don’t need a lot of space just a work bench and the table. On my third bike since I got the table , if you have the room , it a worthwhile purchase , the table is the best thing I’ve done , love it. I’m totally ghetto after seeing Sneeze’s shop , I dream about having a real shop with a lathe & mill , drill press. Imagine what I could build if I had a shop like that ! Yes I’m jealous. I’ll just keep building my “garage bikes” , as long as I’m still impressing myself , I’m good !   Cool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #96 - 06/22/23 at 18:58:44

I'm too lazy to do a real build on anything.   I'd rather take a ride , then only when necessary do maintenance.

Ride somewhere every day if possible.   Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #97 - 06/25/23 at 18:22:29

It’s so hard not to do some trail trimming on the tracker. I rode bald tires when I was young , teaches you how far you push the envelope so street tires on the dirt is just fun for me. I think it’s having to clean it is the only deterrent keeping me out of the dirt. I need a total thrasher for when I’m in that mood. However , she is a pleasure to ride when you got room to stretch her legs a bit. She has a hard time behaving in town , so I gas up and head out in the sticks. Let her rip , put her carbon footprint down , she really loves to run. Freeway , she’s does fine , it me that hates it ! She is much more tame than it was before , was horrible on the freeway.  Try to ride it every chance I get , she begs to be ridden.  Guess a small street legal trail bike with a happy button is needed. Sliding around in the dirt is great exercise and great practice for street riding.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #98 - 06/26/23 at 05:58:42

IDK if the stock tires are still like greased owl snot, but when the rear tire on my 05 showed me it was dangerous on hot,dry asphalt I talked about it here , but because I hadn't ridden in decades I chose to run it instead of replace it.
IDK where I read it, maybe it was Twist of the wrist,, but I know I read somewhere that people who have dirtbike experience tend to avoid falling better on asphalt. Makes sense.. Really,, the immediate physical response to the rear end sliding needs to be using yerass to push the seat in the direction of the slide, which takes some exposure to That Moment to learn.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #99 - 07/04/23 at 13:42:07

Exactly , it is exposure to loss of control/traction. Fun for some and absolutely terrifying for others !
 Back in the day I had Honda 175 twin , it was my flat track practice bike.
Front brake was gutted , fiberglass tank , smaller off road seat & plastic rear fender. Engine smoked a tiny bit on r/s but ran great , I rejetted it , straight pipes , loud and fast all on 2 very bald Dunlop k70s with an almost nonexistent rear brake. Local LEOs never even got close to catching me on that bike , terrorize the town , run just for fun , hid the bike for some months , before unleashing the tiny terror again. Things got hot , local Leo’s we’re getting smarter ( after 2+years of trying to catch me )
I had to remove it by dark of night and gave it away , far away. Haven’t seen it since. That was a fun bike and as always I wish I still had it ! As I remember it was given to me in exchange for a small debt , guy raced flat track.
The Good Ole Days !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #100 - 07/04/23 at 14:23:29

I had a loafer hanging around my shop yesterday evening.  Well, on top of my shop, actually.  That is one big owl sitting on the pitch!!  It's getting ready to sweep the back yards looking for dinner.  Good thing our only pet is a labrador!

357928114_291084310060909_2021034946265443423_n.jpg

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #101 - 07/05/23 at 11:26:20

Very special visitor indeed , keeping rodent & snake populations in check
It’s just trying to survive
Get bats up there too ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #102 - 07/05/23 at 21:23:12

Oh yeah.  And every critter in between. Coyote, bear, mountain lion, bobcat, rabbits, deer, quail, dove, bald eagles, hawks of all flavors.  And the rare and elusive baja bug.

The_Valley_001.jpg

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #103 - 07/05/23 at 22:11:48

It needs a keg a tap and a red cup dispenser !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #104 - 07/05/23 at 23:10:44

Was out lookin for some new roads to buzz east of town real easy to get lost if you’re not paying attention. The bike loves to run , at 90+ she gets twitchy , give me something to fix this winter.  Did a couple 0-60 runs. I need a spot to holeshot , the same spot for consistency for 0-60 & 1/4 mile. Anyways a good ride on a great day , got home it was still early and uncovered the sporty turn on the gas pull choke took a second before she fired off since about Halloween. Took it for a shortened loop ,handled weird , 2 flat tires , went home. Kinda like ridin on plums or tomatoes. Good day , two good rides , two real fun bikes. My girls run me hard today ,I’m real tired

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 20:58:00

General CategoryThe Cafe › Spring Fever

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.