Events for 2020 (Read 2629 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Events for 2020
Reply #75 - 03/11/20 at 14:20:51

All sounds good. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #76 - 03/12/20 at 07:14:58

Let’s all be praying this corona virus lets up before it can turn in to a huge problem.
Prayer is essential guys.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #77 - 03/12/20 at 08:07:11

Amen Lancer !  

I am of the understanding that the virus is not heat tolerant .   Also more information on how to fight back is out there now.

Things like :

You can tell if its growing in your lungs by , hold a deep breath for 10+ seconds --- if your lungs are holding liquids you can't hold your breath that long with out difficulty.
The virus goes about 10 foot in a cough
The virus lives about 12 hours on surfaces
The virus gets destroyed in stomach acids
We need to sip on a warm drinks at least every (15 mins.)  Washing it down to the stomach not the lungs .
Hugging and shaking hands is done for a while.
Constant temps above the 28 C. will kill it.

Information has always been a powerful tool !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #78 - 03/12/20 at 11:09:56

Yes, we all need to pray.

And MM, thanks for the info.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #79 - 03/14/20 at 08:55:53

MM:

You bringing your truck?  I have an older 100/90-18 Sport Demon front tire I can bring you.

Maybe I will also have a nearly brand new 90/90-18 front and 130/70-18 rear Pilot Sport Activ as well.  I am taking them of the Cafe' bike, as they are just too stiff and the bike handles poorly.   I am mounting Avon AM26 Roadriders on to see if the bike handles better.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #80 - 03/14/20 at 23:59:33

Hay Dave ,   The front tire on the V-7 is an 18" .    Yea I'm bring the truck , Marcia wouldn't have it any other way.   Grin

I took Springman's tip and put a Shinko 712 on the rear and got a RoadRider on the front.   If it has good tread I'm OK with putting on a pre-used tire long as it ain't too old.

It might be a while before I need a front but I suspect not more than a year.  Then another year to wear it out too .  I suspect a 90/90 mounted on a 100/90 rim would still be round enough to serve well , and that Pilot Sport Activ is a handsome tire !     Wink

I wouldn't know what to do with the 130/70-18 as the front 18" is the only 18" I got.  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #81 - 03/15/20 at 12:19:00

The 100/90-18 Sport Demon - I rode on it one year and then switched to a 90/90-18, it likely only has 2,000 miles on it.  It has been stored in my garage and has been between 60-80 degrees....it still feels soft and very serviceable.

« Last Edit: 03/15/20 at 16:47:30 by Dave »  

IMG_5316.JPG

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #82 - 03/15/20 at 15:32:59

Thanks Dave ,

I took the original Front Sports Demon off early when it ripped during our last Suches trip  .    
I either lost my nerve (or) had a temporary vision of good sense (?)( Huh) as I left a full leaning right curve and came flying into a quickly approaching left curve that had no banking built into it.  
So , I touched the Front Brake in a BIG-WAY (something I don't do much).   The anti lock brake system kicked in and at the same time ripped that soft tire from left to right down to the carcus for about an inch.  
That was when the Sports Demon had about 6,600 miles on it.   I believe the tread life would have been close to 10k miles even with using only the front for 98% of all braking chores.

So yea , I'll be glad to have a nice sticky front tire to replace the semi-soft Road Rider I'm running now.  Smiley
It feels good when the Front tire stays planted solid !   Wink    I'll try to behave better with this next one !  Roll Eyes

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #83 - 03/16/20 at 16:24:38

I am SoooowReady for some warm weather and a Blue Bonnet Ride !  

No Domestic Travel Restrictions yet.  

If the Restaurants close , then cooking for our self's might add a more adventuresome dimension  to our adventure ?   Cool
BBQ Chicken hot off the grill and baked potatoes hot out of the coals !  Wink

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #84 - 03/16/20 at 17:36:47

The restaurants and bars in KY got a mandatory "no patrons" order today.  The restaurants can sell carry out or Drive Through - but nobody inside.  I have no idea what bars are going to do?

If Texas does something similar - we could do carry out.....or cook for ourselves.  We will hopefully know far enough in advance that we can pack the cooking supplies.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #85 - 03/16/20 at 18:30:15

They are talking about curtailing unnecessary travel for the time being.
It could be several months before we get past the virus.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #86 - 03/16/20 at 19:50:41

Yea , I think all Motorcyclist must truly believe :

The Good Lord is in charge of when our life spans are over --- so there isn't no point in being concerned about ridding a Motorcycle.    Grin

Don't get me wrong here , I still pray for a safe day while I put my gloves and helmet on.  Wink

Really , I like my cooking better than almost any restaurant I've been to except ... That breakfast place in Comfort and them home made breakfast shells  !  Smiley

I'll bring my 2 burner propane stove and double burner grill anyway.  I like to do things like :  

put 2 pork loins in the 8 quart crock pot for 6-8 hours and shred it with scissors for pulled pork BBQ.  (Can serve up to 20 people)

Fry (brown) a couple pounds of frozen mixed veg's in butter to serve on top of baked potatoes.

I'm doing the anti-virus wipe down thing when I leave a public place and before I enter my safe areas .    I hope ya'll are doing the same.   Smiley

If the virus might last into the summer then the information about not being heat tolerant must not be right ... ?

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #87 - 03/16/20 at 20:43:41

They say sip liquids whenever you can.
Wash those viruses down into the stomach where the acid will eat it up.
So I'm sipping brandy.
May not cure me, but I don't mind.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #88 - 03/17/20 at 10:09:40

In houston as of yesterday all restaurants are carry out only for the next 2 weeks. It seems like everyone is exercising prudence.

At work as of today we have cancelled all appointments for the next two weeks but are remaining open to take care of any emergency patients. I feel that I have always exercised good hygiene but cannot believe how many times per day I wash my hands now!!!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #89 - 03/18/20 at 14:05:32

springman wrote on 03/17/20 at 10:09:40:
In houston as of yesterday all restaurants are carry out only for the next 2 weeks. It seems like everyone is exercising prudence.

I bet Prudence is getting pretty tired and a bit peckish.  Tongue

I haven't been tracking the restaurant situation closely, as it is too early to even worry about it.  If push comes to shove.. cook and carry and picnic.
My life hasn't changed much, except the store was insane when I tried to do my normal early Saturday shopping last weekend.
Still need to go and get milk for the week.. as I have been to busy with work (I work out of the house) and PGR missions to make it to the store.

If ya'll cancel out for one reason or another, I will be disappointed, but will certainly understand the reasons.
HOWEVER, Thumper will get back on the road and will hit 200k.  With ya or WITHOUT ya!!!  Angry   Grin Grin   I will be riding!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 17:30:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2020

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.