Events for 2020 (Read 2629 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Events for 2020
Reply #45 - 03/03/20 at 19:22:16

Hammer says he is good with either week also.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #46 - 03/08/20 at 09:03:03

verslagen1 wrote on 02/26/20 at 22:29:41:
Kerrville - 3rd week in april (4/19 thru 4/24) has 1 day of rain.
Last week in april (4/26 thru 5/1) looks good and a couple days before and after are clear too.
But friday warms to 83°F

The last week in April would allow Deb and I to come down and ride with you a day or two.  We will likely be staying at the D Rose Inn in Leakey Texas.  We will want to go and see the bats fly out of the cave one evening, and there is a famous hamburger place near the bat cave where we would like to eat one meal.

We could not leave until until April 26th, and it is a full 2 days worth of driving.....we would be arriving sometime the evening of the 28th.

If you can pick the week you are going soon - it will allow Deb and I to be able to reserve the hotel room.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #47 - 03/08/20 at 12:58:14

The last week of april (4/26 thru 5/1) still looks good.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/kerrville/78028/april-weather/335918?year=2020

It looks like Verslagen, Lancer, MM, Youzguyz, Springman. Hammer, Dave and Deb.

With Dave and Deb providing their own accommodations.

I reserved cabin #1 as usual.  They sleep 4 with room for more.  I'll bring my cot for anybody that wants it.
https://www.kerrvilletx.gov/1054/Mini-Cabins

You guys need anything let me know.

« Last Edit: 03/08/20 at 17:51:04 by verslagen1 »  
WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #48 - 03/08/20 at 18:30:49

Looks good to me Versy. I'll let Hammer know it will be the last week of April.

Dave, it will be nice to see you in Texas and to meet your wife.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #49 - 03/08/20 at 20:08:28

I'll start putting my appointments out of the way .   Marcia isn't planning on Texas this year , so its just me.  

So Sunday the 26th we have our cabin.  I can ride down the 25th & 26th.

Lets pray for good weather !   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #50 - 03/09/20 at 03:20:07

Dave wrote on 03/08/20 at 09:03:03:
verslagen1 wrote on 02/26/20 at 22:29:41:
Kerrville - 3rd week in april (4/19 thru 4/24) has 1 day of rain.
Last week in april (4/26 thru 5/1) looks good and a couple days before and after are clear too.
But friday warms to 83°F

The last week in April would allow Deb and I to come down and ride with you a day or two.  We will likely be staying at the D Rose Inn in Leakey Texas.  We will want to go and see the bats fly out of the cave one evening, and there is a famous hamburger place near the bat cave where we would like to eat one meal.

We could not leave until until April 26th, and it is a full 2 days worth of driving.....we would be arriving sometime the evening of the 28th.

If you can pick the week you are going soon - it will allow Deb and I to be able to reserve the hotel room.

It will be great to meet you and your wife!  Cheesy

Leakey is over an hour from the rest of the gang will be staying.   I'm not sure why you are staying there..  Huh
Normally, only one ride goes through Leakey, the one to do the 3 sisters.

The bat cave and restaurant you are likely speaking of are the Old Tunnel State Park
https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/old-tunnel
and Alamo Springs Cafe
https://www.facebook.com/alamospringscafe/

You might want to read up on the Bat Tunnel.  I don't know how much action you will get at the end of April..  I also doubt that the bats can read a calendar, so it might be a pretty good time!

Alamo Springs Cafe is a lunch stop that the gang always makes during one of the rides.  If you are doing the bats, then you will probably be doing dinner there as well.  I don't know how crowded it gets at that time.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #51 - 03/09/20 at 13:37:36

I just had my vacation request approved. I need to do a little bit of work and the bike, get the new tires mounted and get it inspected and I am ready. Heck, I even bought a new helmet. Grin

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #52 - 03/09/20 at 17:43:42

Youzguyz:

We watch the Texas Country Reporter, and we see things that we would like to visit.  Some of the shows are a bit dated, and therefore the information is not always up to date.

Yep, the Alamo Springs Cafe' is where we want to.  The bats are May through October - so you are right that there are likely no bats in April.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCt90wT9G5g

We had wanted to stay in Leaky at the D Rose Inn - Dr. Deb appeared to be our kind of people!  Turns out it is no longer motorcycle only, and is called the Historic Leakey Inn.

My Deb cannot stay in a cabin or tent right now - her health issues don't allow her stay in a place that doesn't have a toilet in the room.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvMDx_vdYdc

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #53 - 03/09/20 at 17:48:15

Dave, we don't use tents. The park rents cabins with bunk beds, ac, heat and electricity. The restrooms are close by. You and Deb could get a cabin for yourselves.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #54 - 03/09/20 at 17:56:47

springman wrote on 03/09/20 at 17:48:15:
Dave, we don't use tents. The park rents cabins with bunk beds, ac, heat and electricity. The restrooms are close by. You and Deb could get a cabin for yourselves.

I just discussed that with Deb - she needs a place to stay with a bathroom next to the bedroom.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #55 - 03/09/20 at 19:37:38

I certainly understand that Dave. I am sure there are plenty of biker friendly hotels/motels in the area.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #56 - 03/09/20 at 19:37:49

Marcia is the same way , "Restroom in our Room", no exceptions (period).

Dave , you want to take Deb to Stone-Hinge II ?   I don't know where it is but I know someone who does.

« Last Edit: 03/10/20 at 16:47:18 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #57 - 03/09/20 at 19:38:27

MM, are you riding in or putting the bike on your pick up?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #58 - 03/09/20 at 19:47:30

Depends on the weather ?   If I truck the S-40 goes , If I ride then a larger fuel tank is bringing me.   One of them has a 5.5 gals. and 50+ mpg.  the other has 4 gallons and 55+ mpg .  ???

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #59 - 03/10/20 at 06:36:57

Dave wrote on 03/09/20 at 17:43:42:
Youzguyz:

We watch the Texas Country Reporter, and we see things that we would like to visit.  Some of the shows are a bit dated, and therefore the information is not always up to date.

Yep, the Alamo Springs Cafe' is where we want to.  The bats are May through October - so you are right that there are likely no bats in April.

We had wanted to stay in Leaky at the D Rose Inn - Dr. Deb appeared to be our kind of people!  Turns out it is no longer motorcycle only, and is called the Historic Leakey Inn.

My Deb cannot stay in a cabin or tent right now - her health issues don't allow her stay in a place that doesn't have a toilet in the room.

Dave,
Alamo Springs Cafe is no longer owned by Mike Tangman.  While still a good place to eat, it is not as good as it was.. in my eyes.. or stomach.  Sold it about a year ago.
Mike is sort of a friend of mine.  Back then, I would get there a bit before they opened, and always parked my bike in the same spot.  If Mike saw me outside, he would start my order (he knew what I was going to get) and tell me to come inside.  He would sit with me and talk for a while.  Usually ate half my cheese sticks, then took them off the bill.  Had Sirius Classic Rewind or Classic Vinyl playing all the time.
New owner.  Fired all the old help. Country Western music.  No more pumpernickel bread for my burger.
The menu is probably much the same.. it just isn't the same place.  We will have a lunch there though.
Also at HillBillyz.. Billy is another "friend" of mine.

I'm sure there are "motorcycle friendly" places to stay in or around Kerrville.
A quick search came up with this:
https://www.her-motorcycle.com/hunter-house-inn-and-suitesingram-tx.html
I don't know old the review is, but the business is still there.
A bit down the road from where the cabins are.. but not horrible far.
You could probably find a motel/hotel in Kerrville proper that would suit your needs.

If there are places that you or Deb want to go and see, let me know so I can put them "on route".  Cheesy

"Stone-HINGE"??? Really MM?  Roll Eyes   Stonehenge II

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 32
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 17:56:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2020

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.