ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Events for 2020
Reply #90 - 03/18/20 at 15:12:10

They say 45 days till this peaks.
California have gone as most of the country has gone.
Luckily we are under the mandated max gathering size.
We'll just have to order for take out if they're open.
I'm gonna check the cabin to make sure there's no issue with them soon.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #91 - 03/18/20 at 15:20:33

I am saying my prayers and expecting this ride will still happen. I want to see a bike with 200K miles!!!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #92 - 03/21/20 at 08:52:16

I want to see a bike with 200K miles!!!  

Me TOO !

How often in the history of the WORLD has this happened ???  

Well , that and a Guided tour of the Blue Bonnet Country too .   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #93 - 03/21/20 at 10:40:04

I want some ice cream.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #94 - 03/22/20 at 07:49:03

MMRanch wrote on 03/21/20 at 08:52:16:
 I want to see a bike with 200K miles!!!  

How often in the history of the WORLD has this happened ???  

For a Savage - I am guessing this is likely the one and only.

For bikes like Gold Wings, BMW's, ST1100/1300, FJR and other larger touring bikes, there are quite a few.  In order to get these kind of miles the bikes are ridden a lot......and get the miles racked up in a relatively short number of years.

On the ST forum a courier in the UK had over 350,000 miles on his ST1100 and the engine had never been apart - but did get maintenance items like timing belts, clutch, water pump.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #95 - 03/22/20 at 09:44:42

In our local CMAUSA group the highest millage bike is a 1983 Goldwing with about 90K miles on it.   The second highest is probably  my S-40 with about 50K miles.

I remember dad telling tales of the older 1950's cars not lasting 100K miles.  I figured that might have been from inferior oils ?

My highest millage Sportster was the last one , 883 w/1200 primary gearing.   It was almost 50K miles and just beginning to weep oil around the gaskets on the head .    It didn't really loose the oil level any and if I cleaned it more often then the weeping might not have showed up hardly at all.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #96 - 03/22/20 at 17:10:37

MMRanch wrote on 03/22/20 at 09:44:42:
I remember dad telling tales of the older 1950's cars not lasting 100K miles.  I figured that might have been from inferior oils ?

I believe a lot of things have contributed to the higher mileage that vehicles can obtain.  Oils are better, engineering/manufacturing/materials are better.  I also believe that fuel injection has added a lot of life to the piston rings and cylinder walls - when we had carbs and chokes the fuel mixture with the choke out was too rich and washed the oil off the cylinder walls.  Another big contributor is the highways and taller gearing in vehicles - it used to be that cars and especially trucks were geared low, and highways speeds around the rural area I lived were 45-60 mph, and trips were generally short.  Now cars all have overdrive and the engine speeds are low at highway speeds.

When I was in my youth a car with 100,000 miles was generally worn and burning oil - especially 4 cylinder cars.  I could not afford new cars and I bought older cars that were getting worn - my VW Beetle/Bus cars all got total rebuilds,  My BMW 320i, Volkswagen GTI, and Audi Fox all got rebuilds with the block still in the chassis - the cylinder heads came off and went to the machine shop, and I pulled the oil pan and pulled the pistons out, and put in new rings and rod bearings.....the cylinders were good but the rings were worn, and the valves and seats needed refreshing.  The BMW had worn rockers.

Once the fuel injection became standard.....I believe cars began to last considerably longer, and cars with 300,000 miles are around. My 2006 Pontiac Vibe now has 166,000 miles on it and it runs great - I would not be surprised it it makes it to 250,000 miles!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #97 - 03/22/20 at 17:15:05

Food:

I was out on a 3 day trip through KY/TN earlier this week.  Getting food at restaurants was not a problem - but it was carry out or drive through only.  You could eat in your car - it was raining so I don't know if they would chase you out if you tried to eat at the outside tables.

If things don't change drastically in the next month, I suspect we won't have any trouble finding places to eat - we will just not be able to go into the dining room.......and they may even close their bathrooms.  (I was able to use the bathroom at 2 places I stopped to get food).

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #98 - 03/23/20 at 03:39:45

I have concerns and hoping the course of the virus is changed before the end of next month.  Both Paula and I have multiple medical issues, besides age, that make us At Risk for this virus.  Both of my parents are at EXTREME risk as well and they are our prime concern.
Waiting to see how this shakes out before making a final decision to head to S Texas.

I sure am looking forward to this trip so PRAY God shuts the virus down before then.  PRAYER is the only sure way to kill it.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #99 - 03/23/20 at 07:03:30

I sure am looking forward to this trip so PRAY God shuts the virus down before then.  

Praying here boss !  

It seems if the Good Lord has some chores for ya to do while we're here on earth , then we are going to do them .   Just ask Jonah if ya don't believe me.   Its just a matter of "How much Convening is it going to take"   Grin.
The point I'm getting at is , give it to God and don't worry about it.  Wink  Ours is not to worry , but is to do the Lords work while we can.  If one of us can share one word or act of Christ's Love to one soul then , should we go or stay home ?    Wear your CMA Vest , you know its a sure conservation starter , and bring some bike blessing stickers too just in case.

https://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/christianity/articles/8-bible-verses-that-re...

Smiley

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #100 - 03/23/20 at 11:13:46

Thank you MM for your prayerful concern, but worry is not the issue.  Sorry if I was not clear.  I am trusting in God alone.  I am just watching to see what/when happens, then decide on the trip.
Can't do anything else until then.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #101 - 03/23/20 at 16:08:48

Yea Lancer ,  I'll have to admit I've had the same thoughts .    Listening to the press conference this evening now .    So I'm understanding China and South Korea are coming out of their infection curve now.  A month from now , the entire USA should be coming out of our infection curve too.
So far Moore Co. has "0" cases , but Nashville is ate-up with it.

We have 80 deg. forecast for Thursday so I'm thinking the high temps should give the C-19 a black-eye ?   Huh

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #102 - 03/23/20 at 17:48:39

I watched a viraligist talk about the Corona virus last night.  He stated the summer heat will not likely kill the virus and put an end to the spread - as it does not live in the fresh air anyhow.  The infected people carry it with them, and they ride in the cars and live in their homes and offices with the AC on.  If you get the virus on your clothes or skin - it can survive long enough to get to the next host in our world of climate controlled buildings.

KY is shutting down all non-essential retail stores tonight.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #103 - 03/23/20 at 18:35:05

So , basically your saying it don't matter where we go .   The safe habits need to go on anywhere we go

It may be a while before the old relaxed life of "not giving germs a second thought" are over for now.

The only time we can relax our efforts is while we're ridding !  So stopping for gas for me involves getting out the wipes and wiping the gas hose before I touch it.

« Last Edit: 03/24/20 at 07:19:51 by MMRanch »  

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #104 - 03/24/20 at 08:37:00

Wipe down or wear disposable rubber gloves when out (don’t touch your face) and strip when you get home, put your OWN clothes in the washer and turn on, shower.   Then kiss your wife.
Each step is important, especially the last one. 😁

It’s a bit like decontaminating yourself.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 32
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 08:48:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2020

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.