WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Events for 2020
Reply #106 - 03/24/20 at 10:23:03

As of .. now ..

https://kerrvilletx.gov/93/Parks-and-Recreation

"All parks and open spaces are currently open to the public. However, it is important that park goers be mindful of the City Council’s Declaration of Disaster, the President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America, and Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s executive order, prohibiting public or private community gatherings of 10 persons or more. Parks staff are taking additional measures to sanitize to park restrooms and playgrounds to ensure that our parks and open spaces remain clean and safe."

I really don't know that means... it doesn't say you can't rent a cabin.. doesn't say you can.

"Please refer all questions regarding the COVID-19 (corona virus) to our new joint operations center at (830) 258-1111. Staff will be available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to answer citizens’ questions, and direct them to additional information sources if needed"

Undecided  Undecided  Huh

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #107 - 03/24/20 at 12:46:20

Verslagen, Lancer, Jim, Springman. Hammer,
MM and M
Dave and Deb
Youzguyz

We're ok in the cabin, but when we ride around we're at the limit.

our biggest group   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #108 - 03/24/20 at 17:51:06

verslagen1 wrote on 03/24/20 at 12:46:20:
MM and M
Dave and Deb
Youzguyz

our biggest group   Cool

And 2 of them are pretty!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #109 - 03/24/20 at 18:31:48

Dave wrote on 03/24/20 at 17:51:06:
verslagen1 wrote on 03/24/20 at 12:46:20:
MM and M
Dave and Deb
Youzguyz

our biggest group   Cool

And 2 of them are pretty!

Awe dave, you're married!   Embarrassed

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #110 - 03/24/20 at 19:24:55

Deb will understand , Dave's been putting his stuff in my Trunk for years !    Embarrassed

He's in for a surprise  this year .    Marcia has all the Trunk space filled up !   Grin

Some how , the Language just don't match the Facts ???  Undecided

« Last Edit: 03/25/20 at 07:27:27 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #111 - 03/24/20 at 21:25:52

I'm leaving this one alone! Not one word! Shocked

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #112 - 03/25/20 at 02:19:36

I’m bringing a bike with plenty of trunk space to Texas.

Unless Deb goes shopping - it won’t be necessary to borrow any storage space.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #113 - 03/25/20 at 07:16:42

The "WE" bike has three 40 Liter cases on it , just in case Marcia goes with her ...  Smiley

I can take them off and leave them at the Motel if they try to pull the Shopping thing a second time.   Wink

I'm thinking , that breakfast place will still be serving (to go)(out to the porch)  and selling gas too.

« Last Edit: 03/26/20 at 07:29:32 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #114 - 03/30/20 at 18:11:09

It appears the Governor of Texas has imposed an order that requires people traveling into Texas to be quarantined.......it appears that is most relevant to people coming from Louisiana - but it also allows they can name other states at a later date.  If any of the states we come from or pass through are later named - it might not be a very fun trip.

I have no idea how Texas will enforce this - unless they start monitoring traffic and look for out of state license plates.

https://gov.texas.gov/uploads/files/press/EO-GA-12_roadway_quarantine_for_COVID-
19_IMAGE_03-29-2020.pdf

We still have nearly a month before the trip - maybe things will be better by then.  KY only has 50 cases a week ago - in a week it has jumped to 300 and we have 1 case in my county.

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #115 - 03/30/20 at 19:18:04

I hate to be the one bearing the bad news, but, it is going to get worse before it gets better. Even if it stays the same as now it will interfear with your trip. The actual riding might be as expected, but the overall experince will sufer. IF you are allowed to meet up at all.
I have cancled two trips for this spring already, looks like a year for short trips and catching up around the house. I have a pile of lead and have got the revolver molds cleaned up and ready to go. A couple fiberglass projects,,, maybe a Indian style front fender. Yea, keep busy without going too insane.

unnamed_001.png
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #116 - 03/30/20 at 21:57:13

I'm going to call tomorrow.

How do you feel, cancel or not?

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #117 - 03/30/20 at 22:28:08

It appears the Governor of Texas has imposed an order that requires people traveling into Texas to be quarantined...  

Does that mean once we're in Texas then we can't leave for two weeks ?    Undecided

This is the first year that Marcia can go with me to see the Blue Bonnets and such.   I hope to be there for the First Savage Crossing 200,000 miles too .   Then there is the $$$ thing , as I understand the motel canceling policy it will have me loosing $350.oo .   Loosing a few buck is better than catching this virus so I hope this mess is clearing up in the next month.  Besides , If I'm gone much more than the 10 days I've got planned then I might have cows and dogs with no master to keep them home !  Roll Eyes 

How about it Springman , your the closest thing to a friend in the medical field I know .... What do you think ?   Huh

YouzGuyz , if we have to call it off ... then I'll still buy ya dinner when you cross 200,000 miles and we finally get around to visit.  Smiley

Versey it makes me sorta nervous too , but ya know Dave has promised me a "Like New" tire I kinda hate to miss-out on !   Grin

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #118 - 03/31/20 at 09:06:06

This does not sound good.

From the order:
"A covered person shall remain in the designated quarantine location for a period of 14 days or the duration of the person’s presence in Texas, whichever is shorter, leaving only to seek medical care or to depart from Texas."
A covered person being someone who comes in into Texas from Louisiana ( and is not on the exception list).

Sure, you can come in through Arkansas.. for now.

And, you can still get out if you want.. after spending all your time in "self quarantine".  You don't have to wait the full 2 weeks to leave!  You just can't go out anywhere unless you are here for 2 weeks.

I would really like to make this event happen, and I will drag you through the hills.. well out in front.. ahead of your germs..   until MM goes blazing past me.   Roll Eyes
But, when the time comes, what will be open for eateries?  What about fun places for the ladies to shop and spend our BBQ money?  Will the wine tours be running?  What restrictions will be in place?  Will there be .. toilet paper?

I would love to see you come in and  have a good time.  I would rather you get your deposits back if you can, and stay healthy.  Maybe you can get "credit" for a stay at a later time?

Is it too early to pull the plug?  Will it be too late to pull the plug later?

I wish I knew..   Undecided

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #119 - 03/31/20 at 09:49:35

It’s a no-go for me and Jim,   My wife, parents and myself are all high risk.  

It needs to be all clear for us.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 01:23:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2020

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.