YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Events for 2020
Reply #240 - 06/16/20 at 14:52:53

MMRanch wrote on 06/16/20 at 07:51:39:
I also wonder if "Road-Grit" imbedded into the surface of the belt might have a "Sand-paper" effect ?    I'll be washing my belt every-time I wash my bike from now on !   Grin

It could be that washing your bike once a year just isn't often enough.

I suggest weekly bike washing - maybe you could make it the same night as your weekly bath!
Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #241 - 06/16/20 at 15:05:04

Dave wrote on 06/16/20 at 14:52:53:
It could be that washing your bike once a year just isn't often enough.

I suggest weekly bike washing - maybe you could make it the same night as your weekly bath!
Wink

Hey just drive thru the creek with it, bring different soap.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #242 - 06/16/20 at 18:54:31

You might wanna reconsider the “Creek Crossing” thing, lots of Water Moccasins” this year.
Just say’n.  😎. 🐍

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #243 - 06/16/20 at 20:42:50

Hey MM, you still have the dampers in there right?

once that thing starts moving back and forth it's gonna wear.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #244 - 06/17/20 at 03:29:36

verslagen1 wrote on 06/16/20 at 20:42:50:
Hey MM, you still have the dampers in there right?

once that thing starts moving back and forth it's gonna wear.

I wish I would have grabbed the pulley and checked for wobble....maybe the pulley hub bearing has gotten a bit loose and is allowing for a lot of movement.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #245 - 06/17/20 at 18:46:56

Wow!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #246 - 06/18/20 at 21:09:50

Grin

I just got back from Tipton Ga. to pick-up a hay rake.   So I was only gone 2 days and look how much mischief you fellers have started !!!  Roll Eyes

And doesn't everybody take their bike into the shower with them ???  Huh

From now on I think I'll share the soap with the bike.  

I did get the new pulley put on Tuesday and its good and tight mounted in the wheel and all.
I'm also putting a new rear light and turn signals on but cant give the bike my attention till early next week.  
The cushions have always been where they belong but I'd love to have YouzGuyz guide us through some creek crossings as soon as possible , snakes or not.

While raking hay a few weeks ago ; I raised the rake from the field but all that came up with the hydraulic lift was half the bar not the rake wheels.  So - I took the broken side off and finished raking with only one side of the big-wheel rake.   Here's a picture of the old style that broke .

https://www.farms.com/used-farm-equipment/construction-and-industrial-equipme...

hay_rake_old.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #247 - 06/18/20 at 21:13:49

So while raking with only one side I found ... it worked really GOOD !   With both sides meeting in the rear if the hay is really thick then the hay can't fit between the last set of wheels ... it can make a mess (BIG MESS).

Well , I just bought the biggest one sided rake I could find , but I had to drive 400 miles one way to get it.  There isn't no mess with only one side pushing up a roll !   Wink

Well , I also saved about $1,000.00 by going after it myself too !   But Marcia went too and we had a nice "Road-Trip" out of it !  Smiley

hay_rake_new.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #248 - 06/18/20 at 21:20:32

Getting back to the Savage .

I put hard bags on it and had to loose the turn signals so this is what I'm putting on ... I can't get to it till early next week but here  it is.    I'll post a picture when done.

I put a cheep one on and it wasn't bright enough so I found this one in a custom Harley rag and remembered seeing it on ebay , so armed with the information on which one to get ... all that is left to do is mount it under the fender (might take some doing ? ) .  

The hard bags lend themselves to "peal-and-stick" lights of every kind if the main lights aren't bright enough , but I hope they are .
Smiley

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Motorcycle-Turn-Signal-Brake-Tail-Light-Integrat...

new_tail_section.jpg

verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #249 - 06/18/20 at 21:43:50

well... are they bright?   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #250 - 06/18/20 at 21:56:36

In the house they are , out in bright sunlight ??? I'll get them mounted next week and know for sure .  

They look good under the fender and the old light on top being gone !  Smiley

I used the old turn signal mounting holes to mount the hard bags with ... used a piece of gas line (1.5" long) with a 5/16 bolt in it to hold the rear of the bags.   The front of the bags has just about a 1/2" gas hose cushion  then the bottom has the Suzuki saddle bag support behind it with a pair of Zip-Ties.   They looks almost factory good.  

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #251 - 06/18/20 at 22:14:24

Need a picture of the bags and lights.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #252 - 06/19/20 at 15:16:23

If you buy turn signals and stop lights at a truck stop the lights are really bright LED’s.  They need to be for a truck.

« Last Edit: 06/19/20 at 18:52:00 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #253 - 06/19/20 at 15:56:26

I honestly believe that anything you put on the back of your motorcycle for a tail light/brake light/turn signal should be DOT approved.  So many of the cheap LED conversions are not bright enough to be seen in daylight.  The lights you can buy for $10/$15/$20/$30 are all using the small pea sized LED emitters, and no matter how many of them they stick into the light the cannot be seen in bright daylight or direct sun.

Good tail/brake lights that are DOT approved area available - but you will not find any with the turn signals built in......as there is a minimum offset distance that the turn signals are supposed to be away from the center mounted tail light.

To be really safe, I think you need to either buy a used Take Offtail/brake light from a new bike - or a quality aftermarket that will be $80 - $100 if you want bright LED's.  (Staying safe is worth that!).  And you need to mount the turn signals away from the middle of the bike where the tail light is.

If you think you are going to be OK......trade bikes with a friend on a sunny day and get back a few hundred feet as if you were a distracted car/truck driver......and see if your lights are visible when your friend uses the turn signals or brake.  And not just when you stare at them - when you are distracted and day dreaming like the driver behind you will be.

Stay Safe!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #254 - 07/10/20 at 08:39:57

Dave wrote on 11/07/19 at 03:48:18:
Deb and I did Arkansas at the end of September and the riding is very good.  The curves are more open than they are in the Blue Ridge area, it is sort of like riding the Blueridge Parkway without all the trees and tourists and with very wide mountain tops.  There are some really good views - but the mountains have flat tops and once you are up there it is just like riding around in farm land with low hills.  (There is one road where the ridge is only about 40 feet wide and the road narrows and you can see the mountain dropping off on both sides of the road).  You only experience the steep and really tight curves as you drop up or down the sides of the mountain, and some of those switchbacks are first gear curves - those extremely tight curves are not common.  The Arkansas Dragon is good, and the Pig Trail is excellent - it takes about an hour of riding to get to the Pig Trail from Jasper.......but the ride to and from is really good.    

We rode up to Harrison and it is a busy city - but I don't think that is where you want to stay.  We got a ride brochure and a lot of the rides start in Harrison - but when we tried a few of those rides we found they were too open, too flat and often too boring and there often would be 4 lane highways for long stretches.  It is necessary to ride through Harrison to get to Eureka Springs and it is worth going to see - but the ride to/from there was pretty disappointing as it was mostly just highway riding.

Harrison is about 20 miles too far north of the good riding - I think Jasper is a better choice.  We stayed at the Dogwood Springs campground, and the good riding is only minutes away.
http://jasperdogwoodcabinsandrv.com/

Not sure how early the weather gets reliable in AR......it looks like April and May are the wettest months.  As this weekend proved when we let several really good says go by and waited for the Nov 8-10 weekend to arrive just to find out the weather turned crappy- this group is not real flexible about changing the trip dates to go when the weather is good, and wet the good weather pass by without getting to ride in it.  You can't count on the weather forecast being accurate 2 weeks in advance, and even a few days out the weather can make big changes. Click on the icon for "all months" in the link below and you can see averages for temperature and rainfall each month.  Arkansas appears to be pretty dry and the wettest months have 8-10 days of rain - not sure if that comes with 1 rainy day and 2 dry days.......or 2 events with 5 straight days of rain!  When we visited for 6 days in September it rained a little bit one evening, and on the last day it rained all day.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=jasper+arkansas+weather+...  

Is it too early to know where Covid19 is going and determine if we can go to Arkansas in September?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 32
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 12:17:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2020

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.