stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Events for 2020
Reply #210 - 05/27/20 at 11:54:29

Gotcha.  I need to get a new tent so I may look at one of those quick jobs that will fit me and my cot.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #211 - 05/27/20 at 12:55:31

I will be hauling the bike down in my little enclosed trailer again, and sleeping in it when the bike is outside.  It probably is a good idea to sleep in our own space for right now.

Since I will be with the car/trailer - I need to camp out in the parking lot area.  I kinda' like it out there as it is quiet, and away from a lot of the bikes coming in/out......but you are not allowed campfires out there.  The trailer or tent site is $15 for the first person, $7 each for additional people in the trailer/tent.

Breakfast will be available Sat/Sun morning.....dinner likely on Friday and Saturday night.  I would guess that MM and I will be eating lunch on the way in on Friday......we might be at Suches in time for the evening meal.

Stew: Any chance you can get away a bit early on Friday - or is work as busy as always?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #212 - 05/27/20 at 13:09:44

I could probably swing leaving work around noon or so. Is the intent to get there in time for dinner?

Work isn't so busy since I can't travel righ tnow, I am just being considerate since I have had time off lately and I will have a couple of more days off later in the month for family vacation. They are pretty cool here, I just try to be nice and not abuse it because we have a lot of freedom.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #213 - 05/27/20 at 15:33:20

Stew:

It would be nice if you arrived in daylight, and didn't have to set up camp in the dark, late at night.  Also it would be nice if you could avoid Friday rush hour traffic (that may not exist right now).

We will see you when you arrive - whatever time that is!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #214 - 05/27/20 at 16:31:23

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Instant-Automatic-Pop-Up-Backpacking-Camping-Hiking-...

maybe not the best tent but it works !  Smiley

I looked at those round loop tents but they are 38 inch when closed and I don't know how to tie it to the bike , without looking like a viking sail boat ?   Embarrassed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Instant-Pop-Up-Tent-4-5-Person-Family-Waterproof-Bac...

« Last Edit: 05/27/20 at 19:18:48 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #215 - 05/27/20 at 18:46:07

MM:

The photos in that listing are pretty funny.

The first one is the "model" tent......all crisp and taught and ironed and photo shopped and pristeen - while the second photo is what it actually looks like.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #216 - 05/27/20 at 19:04:01

I understand , The TRUTH CAN SET YA FREE ?  

You can see it in person in a couple weeks !   The old one had 6 legs and was hard to fold-up but the new improved model only has 4 legs and is much easier .  Wink

« Last Edit: 05/27/20 at 20:11:56 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #217 - 05/28/20 at 08:54:40

MMRanch wrote on 05/27/20 at 19:04:01:
The old one had 6 legs and was hard to fold-up but the new improved model only has 4 legs and is much easier .  Wink

Are you still talking about tents, or do we need to tell Marcia you have a new girlfriend?  Cool

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #218 - 05/28/20 at 09:28:48

Are you still talking about tents, or do we need to tell Marcia you have a new girlfriend?  

Huh

So , ??? would a 6 legged woman need Three Men ?     Some day I hope you (Stew) and Dave get to go visit the Three Twisted Sisters in Texas with me , Springman and the guys  !  Wink   Thinking of 6 female leggs and all !

Yea Stew , once ya get that 6 legged version out in the open then its like paying the devil himself to get it back in the bag !   Grin

During the April Suches trip I noticed my old 6 legged version has a few little pin holes in it.   So , I wasn't shy about getting the up-dated version.   I have several extra tents , I could bring you one of them Stew ?  I might even set it up for ya if you  promise to carry it home with ya Sunday ??  ((Standard nice tent) the old 4 main bent/spring pole kind , used only twice but put-up dry and still nice )

If camping fees are $15.oo/tent for one and $7.oo/person extra then collectively we are spiting $37.oo/night ?   Thinking of tents and such !   Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 05/28/20 at 19:48:59 by MMRanch »  

stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #219 - 05/28/20 at 10:00:01

Don't bring anything for me. Too much trouble on a bike for sure.

I have looked at a few tent options but not sure I see anything I really like that reviews don't say either the zippers break or it leaks.  I may bring my pop-up canopy so we can just hang out under that if needed and have a fire by your tent (not in the parking lot), but just crash in the truck when it comes sleepy time.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #220 - 05/28/20 at 10:14:51

Stew , I'm not sure you realize how small these tents pack-up ... its really no trouble to  bring an extra one ... especially when my attic storage is so full !   Grin

Its either give one away at a time thats good or put it in a yard sale latter ?   Smiley

I used to sleep in my truck when getting off work at 3 am and picking up my daughter from her mom's house at 8 am .   Yea its good for a nap , but ...  Sad ... for more than an hour or two.  

I was planning to camp in the parking lot so I can keep Dave awake at night snoring next to his camper ?  Huh

A fire might be OK  

but

I'll bring an extra tent (easy) but I draw the line at bringing fire wood !  Roll Eyes

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #221 - 05/28/20 at 12:57:30

MM you crack me up. But yeah, it would be great to get Dave and Stew along with you to the Texas hill country. I am sure they would enjoy it just as much as we have.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #222 - 05/28/20 at 17:11:19

Springman:

The wife and I were headed to see you last month - but the Coronavirus put a stop to that!

Next year for sure!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #223 - 05/31/20 at 05:32:36

As usual - I have been weather watching for the upcoming weekend.

The forecast that was great a few days ago is starting to look gloomy.  My Iphone weather forecast shows rain Thursday through Sunday.  Accuweather is a bit more positive and shows a chance of thunderstorms on Saturday and a 25-30% chance of rain the other days.  The Weather Channel shows up to a 50% chance of rain each day.

Since there are no reservations required - we can just watch the weather and make a decision on going or postponing later in the week.  Maybe we can go to Robbinsville or Waynesville if the weather their is better......or maybe somewhere else?

MM:  How is the hay making going?

« Last Edit: 05/31/20 at 11:31:11 by Dave »  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #224 - 05/31/20 at 19:56:10

Well , I've got the hay all cut ... 6 hours of cutting Saturday and another 4 hours after church today .  Monday I'll get the baler on the big tractor and the rake on the little tractor.  Tuesday afternoon I should be picking some of it up and then finish it Wednesday --- weather permitting that is !  Wink

Cutting is half the job !

If the weather forecast is good Thursday night I'll plan on leaving Friday morning .   I could bring the truck w/bike but that ain't as much fun !  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 32
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 22:13:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2020

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.