Send Topic Print
Events for 2020 (Read 2629 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Events for 2020
Reply #135 - 04/17/20 at 10:53:04

I always use to laugh at germaphobs , believing that you would never build your ammunities by never exposing yourself to germs. Now I am a confirmed germ a phob ! This crap can’t go away soon enough to please me. And when it does go away it’s leaving behind a country full of germ a phobs
Let hope & pray they find the vaccine.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #136 - 04/17/20 at 11:18:08

MMRanch wrote on 04/17/20 at 08:34:37:
Right now , when I go away from home I breath through a 24hr germ killing wipe on the inside of my home made mask , and use another germ killing wipe to clean the credit card area and fuel pump with.   So it cost two wipes for me to leave the house now.    

You sure those wipes are SAFE for that kind of use??  I mean..inhaling that which is made to be wiped on a surface?  Undecided
You do have good cooties in your body too ya know!
Dunno..  For now, I will just stick with a bandana (preferably in a skull motif..  Cool ) that has paper towel folded inside of it..

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #137 - 04/17/20 at 14:12:12

youzguyz, if you know MM like I do, we both know that it wouldn't be unlike him to take the hanky he always carries in his pocket, dip it in his fuel tank, use it as a disinfectant wipe wherever he needs it, and then tie it around his face as a mask.

MM is tougher than most though...he can handle it  Cool

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #138 - 04/17/20 at 14:35:29

stewmills wrote on 04/17/20 at 14:12:12:
MM is tougher than most though...he can handle it  Cool

I've seen him drink from a 2 liter Mountain Dew bottle that has been rattling around in his saddlebag for 3 days in 90 degree weather.

Refrigeration? We don't need no stinkin' refrigeration!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #139 - 04/17/20 at 16:53:33

Na guys , after the liquid carrier evaporates off  there is just a slight tint of cleaning stuff smell.   Its supposed to keep killing germ for up to 24 hours after wiping a surface with it.    

But Dave is  right !  Who needs Stinking Refrigeration !!   Some times it takes me three days to finish a 2 liter bottle ... sipping on a drink of anything while on the tractor during a long sunny day , sometimes turns into drinking hot water .    It still is better than nothing .  

Stew you might be right about the Gasoline , it kills wasp on contact and you don't even have to light it first !   Grin
Come to think of it .... it works on all other bugs too !    You ever get any in your mouth while stealing gas ?    Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #140 - 04/18/20 at 03:31:00

MMRanch wrote on 04/17/20 at 16:53:33:
You ever get any in your mouth while stealing gas ?    Huh

I have never stolen gas.

I have siphoned gas before, and I can tell you I really hate the taste of gasoline!

I have learned to only siphon if I can use a clear hose - so I can see when the gas is coming!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #141 - 04/18/20 at 08:55:50

I have learned to only siphon if I can use a clear hose - so I can see when the gas is coming!  

Yea Dave , I've evolved into that same theory .   I was going for a trick question for Stew with the stealing gas line , so you haven't ever got gas in your mouth while not stealing gas ?   Smiley
Remember this all started with gas killing bugs/viruses and such .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #142 - 04/19/20 at 15:45:59

Haha. Stealing gas...nope. Gas in my mouth while siphoning....many times! Yuck.

I carry a siphon hose in my breakdown kit...and it is clear!

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #143 - 04/24/20 at 21:40:06

With modern fuel injection there ain't no pulling the fuel line off the carb to fill a bottle!   When we went to Lancers we all didn't fill up before getting on the mountain road from Oklahoma to Arkansas , so there was a lot of filling up a mountain dew bottle getting over the top.  It all worked out good.   With the S-40 fuel tank being so small we should all have a clear hose in our "O-C---" kit.

Here's a thought :

Next week end is forecast to be clear and warm.

I'm thinking , "Take a ride to Suches Friday - spend Saturday ridding - ride home Sunday."   Camping in a one man tent .   One of the guys on the Guzzi site says the restaurant is open for carry out and that gas station is open too.  I have a whole box of disinfectant wipes !   Wink
Marcia lost interested when I said the word "TENT" .  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #144 - 04/25/20 at 05:48:23

MM:

If the weather holds out and we can get dry weather......I would love to go to Suches.

Let's watch the weather and then decide as the weekend gets closer.  I would likely trailer my bike down and eet you in Suches, as going through Lynchburg makes the 7 hour trip a 9.5 hour trip (without stops).  I can sleep in my trailer and won't have to set up a tent.

I am sure we can get carry out food in the town, and the curvy road to town is a lot of fun!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #145 - 04/25/20 at 07:43:27

I can sleep in my trailer and won't have to set up a tent.  

Smiley

That little trailer has sure been handy for quite--few years now.  

I'm thinking I should bring the BIG FUEL TANK bike and my pop-up tent.   I'd rather catch meals in town at the mom & pop places too.    Like our BBQ Calaboose has a meal deal for 4 that has a 16oz cup of BBQ , 16oz each of two sides and 4 buns in a gallon ziplock for $19.99 -type stuff. So , we need two more Savages to join us to help cut-down on the left overs .      
I've been seeing the "Jack's" commercial w/Chicken-BLT & fries way to much too !      Tongue
Praying for nice weather !  Wink

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #146 - 04/25/20 at 18:19:22

Yep, this little enclosed trailer has been great!  I works as an enclosed cycle hauler, and a small camper.  My little 4 cylinder Pontiac Vibe pulls it great - even up Jelico Mountain I can keep out of the way of the semi trucks!

If the weather is suitable, I believe I will be going down on Wednesday and be ready to ride early Thursday morning........and then leave Sunday morning (or as long as the weather stays dry).

Georgia has opened everything up - so we likely won't have any trouble getting food or fuel.  I still think we can be somewhat careful about our exposure - and not be careless.  We will likely find the roads pretty low on traffic and tourism.

If the coming weekend doesn't work out for some reason - the following weekend looks good too.  The night temperatures and early morning ride are likely a bit cool - daytime highs look nice.  I will be bringing the BMW F800, as the Savage currently has the front end apart.  

Suches.PNG

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #147 - 04/26/20 at 15:27:01

The weather has changed slightly and will likely change again - but Sunday now looks like the best day, and I hate to load up the bike and drive home on the only 85 degree day!  I will likely stay and ride all day Sunday and go home on Monday.

If you are riding home on Sunday MM.....I could ride part of the way with you and then turn back toward Suches and ride out the rest of the day getting back.

However - there is no absolute when it comes to spring weather!  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #148 - 04/27/20 at 08:29:53

However - there is no absolute when it comes to spring weather!    Grin

Ain't that the truth !

If I leave here Friday when the day warms up ... even if I ride the long funnest way then I'll still be to Suches for dinner.   Does you phone # still end with 58 ?  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #149 - 04/27/20 at 14:21:11

Mike:

Yep....still have the same number.

It looks like I will be leaving on Wednesday and will be in Suches late that evening.  I will be ready to ride on Thursday morning.....there is a slight chance of an occasional morning showers - but not later on.

I could ride out to meet you somewhere along your route on Friday if you let me know your route.  Not sure if you want to use the Life360 tracking program for the phone.....or try and figure out a place to meet.  Just before you cross into Georgia there is the Ocee River area and then Copperhill.  That area might be a good place to meet.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 32
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 03:54:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2020

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.