Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Events for 2020
Reply #120 - 03/31/20 at 11:37:55

OK, cancelled.  full refund.

I hope you can cancel as well.

Sorry, I really missed last year and missing this year does not make me happy.

We'll just have to get together when this is over.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #121 - 03/31/20 at 11:53:56

Yep, I’ve missed a number of events the last few years and look forward to something later.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #122 - 03/31/20 at 14:04:28

The KY governor has decreed that no KY citizens should leave the state except for medical and a few other reasons.  If I do....there is a mandatory quarantine for 14 days when I return.  A week in Texas could cost me 2 weeks of work when I return, as they will not let me come into work.

So....it appears I am out as well.   Bummer!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #123 - 03/31/20 at 21:11:18

I'll call to cancel Wensday and hope I don't get a April Fools Jokester on the other end of the phone.  Huh

Well , YouzGuyz you might as well get Thumper out and Roll-them-Miles !   Smiley   Sorry to miss it but ...

Hopefully we can still do the Arkansas ride this fall.    Maybe even a Dragon run.    The 4th of July weekend our CMAUSA group is booked for a "Field of the Woods" trip , with a Dragon run throw ed in for extra.   I hope the ALL CLEAR is sounded by then !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #124 - 04/01/20 at 02:12:46

When this Virus is gone and I am a free man again.....I am going to go riding in TN/NC/GA a lot!

Any Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat the weather is good I am liable to take off - I will let you fellas know in case you want to go .

I have 102 hours of vacation I have to use up before June 30th....or I lose it.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #125 - 04/01/20 at 05:06:30

MMRanch wrote on 03/31/20 at 21:11:18:
I'll call to cancel Wensday and hope I don't get a April Fools Jokester on the other end of the phone.  Huh

Well , YouzGuyz you might as well get Thumper out and Roll-them-Miles !   Smiley   Sorry to miss it but ...

Hopefully we can still do the Arkansas ride this fall.    Maybe even a Dragon run.    The 4th of July weekend our CMAUSA group is booked for a "Field of the Woods" trip , with a Dragon run throw ed in for extra.   I hope the ALL CLEAR is sounded by then !

Replaced the neutral switch yesterday.  (I wonder if that is a first?) Checked tensioner.  Fresh oil later today then a short test ride.
I will keep ya'll posted on when I hit the 200k mark.  Looks like it will be a solo ride, which is normal for me anyway.

Need to put Thumper back on the road anyway as Hamish needs fork seals done.  Always sumpthin.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #126 - 04/01/20 at 09:13:04

I went to the Expedia web site and Canceled my motel for Kerrville Days Inn.    I called the hotel too.  

I was surprised to get a full refund !   Cool

Dave , I'm in no hurry for that tire - what I'm in a hurry for is some ridding in the TN/NC/North Georgia area .  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #127 - 04/01/20 at 09:38:55

Maybe we should schedule a day/time, all set our phones on a group facetime, strap them to our handlebars looking forward, and go on a virtual group ride.

The upside is that when MM goes on a gravel pig trail, we don't have to follow him  Grin Grin Grin

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #128 - 04/01/20 at 09:48:35

stewmills wrote on 04/01/20 at 09:38:55:
Maybe we should schedule a day/time, all set our phones on a group facetime, strap them to our handlebars looking forward, and go on a virtual group ride.

The upside is that when MM goes on a gravel pig trail, we don't have to follow him  Grin Grin Grin

Yeah, that'll go over well.  It'll be like the chase scene in Bullet.  someone will be turning right and we'll all follow him... into a ditch.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #129 - 04/01/20 at 16:32:59

Yeah. I figured we were going to have to cancel. I just did not want to admit it. We do need to let this run its cycle and meet up later in the year when possible anywhere we can do some good riding. My prayers are that this will all run its course soon, that we all survive this in good health, and that we all get a chance to ride together again. Take care and stay healthy my friends.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #130 - 04/01/20 at 20:47:55

My prayers are that this will all run its course soon, that we all survive this in good health, and that we all get a chance to ride together again. Take care and stay healthy my friends.  

I like the way you think Springman !   Wink

Anybody want to play Scavenger Hunt ... ?

I'll post the picture of the State Flag I've had for a month or more and set a new target !  Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #131 - 04/17/20 at 04:35:59

I am not entirely sure that the next few weeks/months will bring - our state continues to be on lock down until April 30, and I would not be surprised if that gets extended into May.  Currently if I leave the state I need to quarantine myself for 14 days when I return.

When it is acceptable to leave the state again, I will be ready to go riding.  I believe we could ride motorcycles and do social distancing pretty safely if we sleep in our own tents.  The big problem likely becomes sharing the campground bathroom and getting fuel and food in public areas.

I am still riding whenever I get a chance.  I live in a rural area and there are good roads here and when nice weather allows I sneak in a ride.

As soon as the travel ban is lifted I am going to want to go to TN/NC/GA and do some riding!    

« Last Edit: 04/17/20 at 07:08:23 by Dave »  

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #132 - 04/17/20 at 05:32:35

Dave wrote on 04/17/20 at 04:35:59:
I am not entirely sure that the next few weeks/months will bring - our state continues to be on lock down until April 30, and I would not be surprised if that gets extended into May.  Currently if I leave the state I need to quarantine myself of 14 days when I return.

When it is acceptable to leave the state again, I will be ready to go riding.  I believe we could ride motorcycles and do social distancing pretty safely if we sleep in our own tents.  The big problem likely becomes sharing the campground bathroom and getting fuel and food in public areas.

I am still riding whenever I get a chance.  I live in a rural area and there are good road here and when nice weather allows I sneak in a ride.

As soon as the travel ban is lifted I am going to want to go to TN/NC/GA and do some riding!    

I am also riding "as usual".  The only changes are packing a lunch and using disposable gloves to refuel.. and not stopping for a "good ride beer" at a favorite watering hold  Angry    I spose I could pack a beer, pull into The Shade Tree, sit at a picnic table.. and pretend!  Cheesy

Still waiting to roll the 200k.  I was going to do it last weekend, but it was windy and I intend on flying the big flag when I do it.  So, just took Mad Hamish and had a good ride.  
There is one guy from the 100k ride that wants to be on the 200k.  That will be kinda neat!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #133 - 04/17/20 at 08:34:37

I've got a 50 mile loop on for today to go by the hadware store 12 miles up the road.  Roll Eyes

Dave , so I'm going to practice putting up my one man pop-up tent and be getting ready for a trip to either the Dragon proper or the Two Wheels of Suches.   They both have top of the line campgrounds .  

In a month the Dragon Restaurant might even be open ???   Huh  
Maybe I should have listened better to the "Plan to RE-Open" the country?

Right now , when I go away from home I breath through a 24hr germ killing wipe on the inside of my home made mask , and use another germ killing wipe to clean the credit card area and fuel pump with.   So it cost two wipes for me to leave the house now.    

Life as a "GERM-A-PHOBIC" sure is ruff !  Grin

stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #134 - 04/17/20 at 09:05:17

So that's what it has come to.  We are now measuring our daily life in number of wipes.  

Weekdays I am a 1 wipe guy.  Weekends when I have a lot of projects going on it may be a 3 or 4 wipe day.  Cool

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 32
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 20:33:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2020

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.