Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
were Trump supporters duped? (Read 283 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: were Trump supporters duped?
Reply #60 - 03/21/18 at 10:46:13

Trump is delivering the leadership so far that I and many others find acceptable.

You are without question in the minority on that.

No one knows that until the next election and I would not venture a guess at this point what the country thinks.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #61 - 03/21/18 at 10:48:36

T And T Garage wrote on 03/21/18 at 10:20:41:
WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 10:10:54:
No doubt.  "People want leadership, Mr. President, and in the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand."

Trump is delivering the leadership so far that I and many others find acceptable.

He told the Paris Climate Agreement people to take a hike.
Not popular, just a grandstand.
He told the Arabs we'll move our embassy to Jerusalem. Don't like it; too bad.
Also not popular, just bebe's wish.
He stood up to race baiters and said the obvious which is violence occurs on both sides of the race issue.
No, he said there were good people on both sides.  There are no good nazis/ne-cons.
He said more gun laws aren't the only solution.
LOL - he also said "Take the guns first, go through due process second."
He said illegal immigration is harming this country.
That is only true to a degree.  Just ask any farmer.
He said immigration from countries with little or no passport control and a history of violence is not right for this nation.
That's obvious and there is a process in place to vet that.
and many, many other examples.

Now, you may not like any of that. You may disagree with it. It might make you sick to your stomach.
But there's no way you can say Trump is not showing leadership.

Oh, there's a definite way I can say that.  But that's not the point of this thread.  If you want to debate the merits of our president, start a new thread.

And you proved my point by offering meaningless objections. You don't like the leadership, I do. End of story.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #62 - 03/21/18 at 11:11:26

WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 10:48:36:
T And T Garage wrote on 03/21/18 at 10:20:41:
WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 10:10:54:
No doubt.  "People want leadership, Mr. President, and in the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand."

He told the Paris Climate Agreement people to take a hike.
Not popular, just a grandstand.
He told the Arabs we'll move our embassy to Jerusalem. Don't like it; too bad.
Also not popular, just bebe's wish.
He stood up to race baiters and said the obvious which is violence occurs on both sides of the race issue.
No, he said there were good people on both sides.  There are no good nazis/ne-cons.
He said more gun laws aren't the only solution.
LOL - he also said "Take the guns first, go through due process second."
He said illegal immigration is harming this country.
That is only true to a degree.  Just ask any farmer.
He said immigration from countries with little or no passport control and a history of violence is not right for this nation.
That's obvious and there is a process in place to vet that.
and many, many other examples.

Now, you may not like any of that. You may disagree with it. It might make you sick to your stomach.
But there's no way you can say Trump is not showing leadership.

Oh, there's a definite way I can say that.  But that's not the point of this thread.  If you want to debate the merits of our president, start a new thread.

And you proved my point by offering meaningless objections. You don't like the leadership, I do. End of story.

No, you had no point.  I offered my comments and said, again, that this is not for this thread.  You want to debate the merits of our president, start another thread.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 03/21/18 at 11:15:50

No.

I think we're done on the money in politics.

I don't think its as big a problem as it's made out to be and in fact, I say it can be beneficial. That's not to say there aren't abuses.

You think it's the single biggest threat to Democracy.

I don't see how those to extremes can move towards the middle so we're done. With that topic anyway.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #64 - 03/21/18 at 11:16:11

That people want to keep elements of what have been our daily lives, things that reflect our nation's history, doesn't make us racist, Nazis or neocons.
Tearing history down isn't gonna lift people out of poverty or create a utopia. The perpetually angry will just fix on a new target and once That evil is vanquished, they will be in the Exact same socio-economic situation and looking for a new target.
Jobs, opportunities, THAT'S what will soothe the masses.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 03/21/18 at 11:16:29

WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 10:46:13:

No one knows that until the next election and I would not venture a guess at this point what the country thinks.

Gallup polling.  Unbiased, trusted for decades, has our president at 40% approval - thereby enforcing my comment.  But again, not for this thread.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #66 - 03/21/18 at 11:21:33

WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 11:15:50:
No.

I think we're done on the money in politics.

I don't think its as big a problem as it's made out to be and in fact, I say it can be beneficial. That's not to say there aren't abuses.

I don't see how it can possibly be beneficial to anyone but those who own stock in said corporations.  If you support an oligarchy, then you may not like what's starting to happen at the local level.  The move to end corporate dark money has just begun.

You think it's the single biggest threat to Democracy.

No, I don't think - I know.  In this country today, three men own more of the wealth than 50% of the entire country.

Let that sink in.....

I don't see how those to extremes can move towards the middle so we're done. With that topic anyway.

Apathy kills and ignorance is bliss.  Take it for what it's worth.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #67 - 03/21/18 at 11:43:10

T And T Garage wrote on 03/20/18 at 19:46:23:
" Maybe stop making idiotic references like "john edwards' baby", huh? ..." 

Would that by like saying:
      (In Affect)

'Gun Banners, do Not want to Ban Guns'

Kiss

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #68 - 03/21/18 at 14:13:51

Gallup polling.  Unbiased, trusted for decades, has our president at 40% approval - thereby enforcing my comment.  But again, not for this thread.

I don't give a crap about the other 60%. I'll just say to them; you're welcomed for me and others giving you President Trump and be on my way.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #69 - 03/21/18 at 14:14:58

No, I don't think - I know.  In this country today, three men own more of the wealth than 50% of the entire country.

Let that sink in.....

Assuming that's true (which I doubt) what does that have to do with me?

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #70 - 03/21/18 at 15:45:28

WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 14:13:51:

I don't give a crap about the other 60%. I'll just say to them; you're welcomed for me and others giving you President Trump and be on my way.

you're welcoming them??  for what? Trump hasn't proved he's done ANYTHING yet, his tax cut is a tax payer funded giveaway until it makes up $1.5 TRILLION in spending with this magical growth creating tax revenue to PAY US BACK and so far it has fallen WAY short of that. I'm glad for all those people who got bonuses, but people got bonuses under Obama too, but they didn't kiss Obama's a$$ to give him credit for creating a stable economy allowing them to get bonuses, they shouldn't be thanking Trump for the tax cuts, they should be thanking US the tax payers for the handout.

so far all Trump's done is stay out of war...  

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #71 - 03/21/18 at 15:47:51

WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 14:14:58:

Let that sink in.....

it means trickle down doesn't work, not like how it was promised to

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #72 - 03/21/18 at 15:56:28

WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 14:13:51:

LOL - that's like welcoming a case of herpes to someone you kiss!

C'mon... too easy webb!

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #73 - 03/21/18 at 15:58:03

WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 14:14:58:

Let that sink in.....

It has to do with who really has the power in this country.  If money buys votes, then it just stands to reason that whoever controls the wealth, controls the country.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #74 - 03/21/18 at 16:01:03

Trump is President because people voted against those who have the power, so who really has the power ultimately?...

Let that sink in.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 19:24:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › were Trump supporters duped?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.