Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
were Trump supporters duped? (Read 283 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: were Trump supporters duped?
Reply #45 - 03/21/18 at 06:09:46

Stick with the Suzuki analogy. Why shouldn't a corporation who's profits come directly from consumer choices, not have a say?

Because they are not a person.  They do not get a voice in an election.

I think they should. They are as instrumental in our society as any individual.

Really?  How has that worked out so far?

How has that worked out? Pretty darn good so far. Presumably we both work for corporations whom it is to our benefit they succeed. The three things that connects us are a place to live, computers and motorcycles; only one of which is a necessity. You and I live better than the vast majority of the world. Out of 7.5 billion, this is a guess, but we live better than 5.5 billion, maybe 6.5 billion. Not sure. We live in a nation that is, at least these use to be the numbers I assume they're still close, 3% of the population but 25% of the world's GDP.

So it's worked out pretty well.

This last presidential election cycle, a 3rd party candidate (Trump) was forced onto the Republican party and won the nomination. On the Democratic side, if they hadn't changed the rules, their own outside candidate, (Sanders) would likely had been the candidate against their preferred candidate, Hilary.

No.  Because by giving a massive amount of money to a campaign, it unfairly tilts the scale in favor of the corporation.  
The corporation has massive amounts of money BECAUSE you and I gave it to them. We have voice our approval.

LOL - ok web.  If you don't see the flaw in your logic, then you should keep giving your money to all the big box stores and never shop at a mom and pop ever again.

Not true. Mom and Pop stores win business because they offer what big box stores can't. The point is I CHOOSE which to buy from and when I choose Menards over the local hardware store, that sends a message.

Money in politics is NOT our biggest threat to democracy. It's partisan news outlets.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 03/21/18 at 06:24:36

WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 06:09:46:
Really?  How has that worked out so far?[/b]

How has that worked out? Pretty darn good so far.

Really?  So you're cool with the direction of the Country in the last 15 years or so?  Ha!

Presumably we both work for corporations whom it is to our benefit they succeed.

Speak for yourself.  But I understand the need for a corporation to succeed.  I'm not anti-capitalist.  I'm anti-government bribery.

The three things that connects us are a place to live, computers and motorcycles; only one of which is a necessity. You and I live better than the vast majority of the world. Out of 7.5 billion, this is a guess, but we live better than 5.5 billion, maybe 6.5 billion. Not sure. We live in a nation that is, at least these use to be the numbers I assume they're still close, 3% of the population but 25% of the world's GDP.

So it's worked out pretty well.

Again, speak for yourself.  Have you ever lived in an oligarchy?

This last presidential election cycle, a 3rd party candidate (Trump) was forced onto the Republican party and won the nomination.

LOL - "3rd party"??  No, sorry, he was a reality TV star who's ego is roughly the size of Montana.  But that's a point for another thread.

On the Democratic side, if they hadn't changed the rules, their own outside candidate, (Sanders) would likely had been the candidate against their preferred candidate, Hilary. And he would have won in a walk against our current president - but again, that's another thread.

No.  Because by giving a massive amount of money to a campaign, it unfairly tilts the scale in favor of the corporation.  
The corporation has massive amounts of money BECAUSE you and I gave it to them. We have voice our approval.

LOL - ok web.  If you don't see the flaw in your logic, then you should keep giving your money to all the big box stores and never shop at a mom and pop ever again.

Not true. Mom and Pop stores win business because they offer what big box stores can't. The point is I CHOOSE which to buy from and when I choose Menards over the local hardware store, that sends a message.

So let me get this straight, if the local store has a pipe fitting you need for $10 and the big box has it for $8, you'd go to the big box over the local?  Corporations have items that are loss leaders and buy in huge volume  - that's what gets people in.  That's how they put the mom and pops out of business. Yes, that does send a message.

Money in politics is NOT our biggest threat to democracy. It's partisan news outlets.

Technically, any media outlet that is partisan is NOT news.  Plus, if you take out the PAC money, the dark money, etc., there goes all that ad revenue that's spent on fox and msnbc and the like.  No ad revenue, no more beholden to a party.

Think about it - back in the 60's there was no partisan news.  There was no unlimited spending in politics.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 03/21/18 at 08:40:52

As much as I enjoy shooting TT down, I can't. I agree with a lot of that.

As to corporations being considered a person, I'll believe it when one is executed for murder or jailed for a crime.
The stockholders are people and I would be surprised to discover that they voted against the interests of the corporate entity that they are invested in. The only voice corporations should have is are the voices of each stockholder and employee. Just my opinion..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 03/21/18 at 08:56:29

Really?  So you're cool with the direction of the Country in the last 15 years or so?  Ha!

Why not? What’s gone so drastically wrong?

Presumably we both work for corporations whom it is to our benefit they succeed.

Speak for yourself.  

How is it not to your benefit for your company to succeed?

This last presidential election cycle, a 3rd party candidate (Trump) was forced onto the Republican party and won the nomination.

LOL - "3rd party"??  No, sorry, he was a reality TV star who's ego is roughly the size of Montana.  But that's a point for another thread.

You can laugh out loud all you want and use that as an excuse to dodge, but Trump was essentially a 3rd party candidate. The Republican Party bosses did not want him. They were forced to accept him because Republican voters rejected their preferred candidates, mostly Jeb Bush.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 03/21/18 at 09:03:24

So let me get this straight, if the local store has a pipe fitting you need for $10 and the big box has it for $8, you'd go to the big box over the local?  Corporations have items that are loss leaders and buy in huge volume  - that's what gets people in.  That's how they put the mom and pops out of business. Yes, that does send a message

You don’t really mean what you’re saying nor do you follow that philosophy. You may think you do and on occasional all of us pay more from a Mom and Pop for various reasons,  but when shopping for commodity items or technical items that you have a comfortable level of knowledge with, price becomes the most important component.  

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 03/21/18 at 09:51:58

WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 08:56:29:

Why not? What’s gone so drastically wrong?

Well, look at the partisanship in the media - both broadcast and social.  We've got to the point of electing a man with zero public service and zero political experience.  Yeah, I get that he's an outsider, but look at what just happened yesterday.  All his security briefings told him to not congratulate putin - what did he do?  He congratulated him...

Speak for yourself.  

How is it not to your benefit for your company to succeed?

I never said that.  As I said, I'm not anti-capitalism.  There are ways for a company to succeed outside of bribing our politicians.

You can laugh out loud all you want and use that as an excuse to dodge, but Trump was essentially a 3rd party candidate.

See my comment above.  His only qualification was that he was an outsider.  Not sure about you, but I want someone with experience beyond being a reality TV star.

The Republican Party bosses did not want him. They were forced to accept him because Republican voters rejected their preferred candidates, mostly Jeb Bush.

No doubt.  "People want leadership, Mr. President, and in the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand."

Suffice it to say, money in politics is one of the most destructive and disruptive forces in the country today.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #51 - 03/21/18 at 09:58:44

his security briefings told him to not congratulate putin - what did he do?  He congratulated him...

As did
Obama...
Which raised no eyebrows.
NOT doing so would have been
Unpresidential..
And counterproductive.

If Obama didn't
Do as he was Told
And
It was LEAKED,
wouldn't we reasonably believe he was surrounded by people he couldn't trust?
If they would LEAK that,
Would they Advise poorly?

Chew on that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 03/21/18 at 10:04:37

See my comment above.  His only qualification was that he was an outsider.  Not sure about you, but I want someone with experience beyond being a reality TV star.

That is demonstratively not true.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 03/21/18 at 10:10:54

No doubt.  "People want leadership, Mr. President, and in the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand."

Trump is delivering the leadership so far that I and many others find acceptable.
He told the Paris Climate Agreement people to take a hike.
He told the Arabs we'll move our embassy to Jerusalem. Don't like it; too bad.
He stood up to race baiters and said the obvious which is violence occurs on both sides of the race issue.
He said more gun laws aren't the only solution.
He said illegal immigration is harming this country.
He said immigration from countries with little or no passport control and a history of violence is not right for this nation.
and many, many other examples.

Now, you may not like any of that. You may disagree with it. It might make you sick to your stomach.
But there's no way you can say Trump is not showing leadership.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 03/21/18 at 10:12:02

WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 09:03:24:
You don’t really mean what you’re saying nor do you follow that philosophy.

Yeah, I do.  Who are you to tell me otherwise?

You may think you do and on occasional all of us pay more from a Mom and Pop for various reasons,  but when shopping for commodity items or technical items that you have a comfortable level of knowledge with, price becomes the most important component.  

No, it doesn't - not all the time.  

The reason I bring up pipe fittings is that I recently had to make a small plumbing fix at my house.  In my experience, I know that Ace is going to be more expensive, but the people who work there are helpful and knowledgeable and it's local.  The guy that owns/operates it, lives 2 miles away from me.  Home Depot, Lowes or Menards can't give me that kind of service (although Menards sometimes comes close).  But I would rather pay a little more for a random fix here or there than give that money to a big box.

I'm not saying I never use the big box.  You have to for larger projects.  But when guys like bernie marcus start blathering on about how great our president is - guys like me will seek out alternatives even more frequently.

It's worth repeating - corporations have no business being in politics.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #55 - 03/21/18 at 10:13:50

WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 10:04:37:

How is it not true?  Again, this is not the thread for this, but our president has zero political experience.  He's never served the public at all.

My statement is true.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 03/21/18 at 10:20:41

WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 10:10:54:

Trump is delivering the leadership so far that I and many others find acceptable.

You are without question in the minority on that.

He told the Paris Climate Agreement people to take a hike.
Not popular, just a grandstand.
He told the Arabs we'll move our embassy to Jerusalem. Don't like it; too bad.
Also not popular, just bebe's wish.
He stood up to race baiters and said the obvious which is violence occurs on both sides of the race issue.
No, he said there were good people on both sides.  There are no good nazis/ne-cons.
He said more gun laws aren't the only solution.
LOL - he also said "Take the guns first, go through due process second."
He said illegal immigration is harming this country.
That is only true to a degree.  Just ask any farmer.
He said immigration from countries with little or no passport control and a history of violence is not right for this nation.
That's obvious and there is a process in place to vet that.
and many, many other examples.

Now, you may not like any of that. You may disagree with it. It might make you sick to your stomach.
But there's no way you can say Trump is not showing leadership.

Oh, there's a definite way I can say that.  But that's not the point of this thread.  If you want to debate the merits of our president, start a new thread.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #57 - 03/21/18 at 10:40:23

our president has zero political experience.  He's never served the public at all.

And that reasoning sounds like its paid and promoted by the very ones who want no opposition and change......

yeah, that experience (politician)  is really working out great  Roll Eyes

You say I don't do whats necessary to start the change, yet you fall into passing the current power brokers mantra as fact....

How cums dat?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 03/21/18 at 10:40:52

T And T Garage wrote on 03/21/18 at 10:12:02:
WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 09:03:24:
You don’t really mean what you’re saying nor do you follow that philosophy.

Yeah, I do.  Who are you to tell me otherwise?

You may think you do and on occasional all of us pay more from a Mom and Pop for various reasons,  but when shopping for commodity items or technical items that you have a comfortable level of knowledge with, price becomes the most important component.  

No, it doesn't - not all the time.  

The reason I bring up pipe fittings is that I recently had to make a small plumbing fix at my house.  In my experience, I know that Ace is going to be more expensive, but the people who work there are helpful and knowledgeable and it's local.  The guy that owns/operates it, lives 2 miles away from me.  Home Depot, Lowes or Menards can't give me that kind of service (although Menards sometimes comes close).  But I would rather pay a little more for a random fix here or there than give that money to a big box.

I'm not saying I never use the big box.  You have to for larger projects.  But when guys like bernie marcus start blathering on about how great our president is - guys like me will seek out alternatives even more frequently.

You said the exact same thing I just said.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #59 - 03/21/18 at 10:44:01

T And T Garage wrote on 03/21/18 at 10:13:50:
WebsterMark wrote on 03/21/18 at 10:04:37:

How is it not true?  Again, this is not the thread for this, but our president has zero political experience.  He's never served the public at all.

My statement is true.

Trimp was a reality TV star because he was already Donald Trump, not the other way around. The Clintons, Al Sharpton and the rest of the media elites were seeking his company and approval long before he went on TV.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 14:06:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › were Trump supporters duped?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.