Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings. (Read 3593 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Savage Events for 2018
Reply #120 - 01/09/18 at 03:44:26

MMRanch wrote on 01/08/18 at 21:14:42:
I'm Going to have to get my LONG butt in bed tonight butt I look at camps south of Atlanta tomorrow night  Grin

Its that Harley seat ... the first 150 mile I took with a stock Savage seat , I was squirming all the way home .  Grin Grin

Yeeeeeep

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #121 - 01/09/18 at 03:44:46

Use the tool to see what I am talking about    https://freecampsites.net/

Post Atlanta, rolling south on Interstate 75 you see Forsyth and the Piedmont National Wildlife Refuge on the right.   On first look the place is lousy with "free camping" but requires a hunting/fishing license to be on the property at all and that license doesn't come cheap for out of state people.  These are all hunt camps and have signage out for both BEARS and WILD BOARS and HUNTER ACTIVITY.   Tent camping is not allowed at some locations due to bad tent ripping bears known to be in area.

Checking into this Church / Boy Scout facility -- https://freecampsites.net/#!39250&query=sitedetails  which looked really good until I read it doesn't even open until one month later in the year (too cold for camping).

In looking at possible layover places in Georgia, please be aware some of them do not even open up until sometimes in April and the March bike week dates are simply too cold and too early for Georgia camping.

Too cold really means unless you are down inside LOWER FLORIDA proper.    Like Jacksonville or lower.

Let's see what you come up with for a proposed meet up spot.

« Last Edit: 01/09/18 at 10:20:37 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #122 - 01/09/18 at 04:45:08

Ya'all might consider staying at a Motel 6 for a night on the way down.......warm, dry, and no packing/unpacking. Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #123 - 01/09/18 at 09:40:08

https://freecampsites.net/#!96&query=sitedetails

This one is a year round Forest Service Campground, so it honors our Senior passes (price is $4 for tenting) and it has known good facilities and it gets good reviews.

Cobb Dispersed Primitive is right next to it (should you get a full up condition and have to go dispersed).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngxzXTWOlpk

Jacksonville Florida is low enough to be warmer and it is 7.5 hours away from your house.

75o high and 55o low so it is warm enough to camp at Jacksonville.

MIke, this was just intended as a one night stayover on the day coming in (low enough to be just barely warm enough to camp).

« Last Edit: 01/10/18 at 03:00:53 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #124 - 01/09/18 at 15:09:50

Thanks OldFeller

That "Ocean Pond" campsite looks as good as any KOA I've ever seen !   Let us hope the bunch of folks who support KOA don't find out about the camps we are finding !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #125 - 01/09/18 at 17:46:27

I was just looking at the Florida map :  

The Ocean Pond  campground is plenty nice ,,, but  Its a long way from Daytona 138 miles .   Thats Ok , I guess .    We could make a day ride up to Daytona for a day , then return to Ocean Pond  ... or not  ???

Remember this :  http://bikeweekcampground.com/
I could pay the $90 for all 10 days   , for one tent spot  ...  How many of us are/is there camping   ....
I've had 3 in that 6 man tent with a little room to spair.

I suggest :  Ocean Pond night one headed South
                 Fast lanehttp://bikeweekcampground.com/  by the night (one or two nights)
                 DuPuis Managment area , Ride around South Fl. a day or two
                 Ocean Pond (return North) one night  (330 ish miles)

From DuPuis , Daytona is right at 200 .miles

Or    Just get the all 10 days at : http://bikeweekcampground.com/   but a tent up and day-ride out of there for a week ?
Huh

Who all want to go ???

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #126 - 01/09/18 at 19:59:53

Alright Fellers :

I just reserved one camp site at :  DuPuis Management area , for two people and two vehicles .

Date: 3/9/18 - 3/15/18

It was Free and easy .     past the 15th they are all booked up ... ya better hurry .  Smiley

badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #127 - 01/09/18 at 21:12:32

MMRanch,
 Those pictures I posted were of the Gate 3 campground, not the ''primitive'' Gate1 campground.
Gate 1 ''Family campground'' is just some mowed grass, a picnic table, one concrete outhouse, and a fire ring! Down a dirt(sand) road.
I guess you could go over to the other one to shower, and get under a shelter. But you would be MUCH better off just staying at Gate 3 to start with. They don't have reserved spots for tents, so you will always be able to find a spot to pitch a tent. And the bathroom is way better. You will be able to walk to the bathroom and shower, and there are places to get out of the weather, if need be.
Suit yourself, but I was there Sunday and if you were leading to Gate 1, I would mutiny and go to Gate 3.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #128 - 01/10/18 at 02:39:12

Mike, you need to call them back ASAP and tell them one of your group has urological issues and you need to stay in Equestrian Area Gate 3 and get them to change the reservation.

If you do reservations on-line, you just sign up for what you want (you don't have to talk to some clerk who believes in lots & lots of rules).

If they will not change it, post that ASAP and I will give it a shot.

I need to be next to the Equestrian Area #3 bathroom.

Guys, you really are rolling craps anywhere in Florida if you wait until Bike Week to do something.   I really wasn't joking about people pitching tents on the road shoulders and drainage fields.

If you are thinking about going on this trip --- answer the ROLL CALL

MM
Oldfeller
Ed L
Bad Wolf

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #129 - 01/10/18 at 08:26:09

I've called and left a message and call-back # .   OldFeller if you want to go ahead and get a rev. at gate 3 , and if I get a call back I'll see if I can get changed to gate 3 also.  If need be we could keep both.   Either way , we're not on the side of the road .  
Why do ya not want to stay at the $90.oo for the 10 days place ?   I'm buying , and its only 10 miles from Daytona .   Also we can "Day-Ride" out of anywhere .  Huh

If we ended one of our day-rides in the south Fl. area , we have a camping place on tap already !  Smiley    (for two people/two vechiles) but we still need another camp somewhere.

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #130 - 01/10/18 at 10:46:19

I have already gone on-line and made a reservation for camping at the Dupis Equestrian Campground (Gate #3).

We got 4 people and 2 vehicles, which is the maximum the on-line system will allow.

Why not stay up at the Hurley Burley mess in Daytona?   Because the Dragon Zoo flat sets my teeth on edge (more so the older I get) and Daytona Bike Week is far far far worse.   I can stand it for maybe a day, perhaps, but I can't see you or me blowing lots of money to park our butts down in the middle of it.

I wanted to go ride where it was warm and see some Florida, the Keys, Miami, stuff like that.   My interest in the Daytona Hurley Burly Bike Week is a net negative thing.

Mike, if you want the Hurley Burly specifically and want to go stay right in the middle of it and spend a week rolling around in it, just say so.   I don't have to do it, but you can.

If we can get the other folks who have rung in so very sporadically to actually say if they are really coming or not then you could ask them to see what they wanted to do.

Me, I will meet you at a place that is agreeable on ride in day, which could be anywhere that you can spot that is a place we both can find at a fixed time on a fixed date.

I just printed out our permit, our special code to get in the gate and all the rules, so my reservation is complete at this time.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #131 - 01/10/18 at 11:56:18

OldFeller ,

I think we should meet in N.Florida at that Pond place , and stick together to go see Florida !  

You got a campsite at the gate 3 when we get to south Florida , and if more folks are joining us we have a camp at gate 1 (lost at gate 3)  Wink

If we stop off at Daytona on the way down that's only $15.oo and if not that's OK too !  Smiley

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #132 - 01/10/18 at 12:17:47

That's good, because I just finished putting a brand new front tire on the Barcalounger, so now I need to go get it inspected and stickered for this year.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #133 - 01/10/18 at 14:04:10

Bad Wolf says:

Oldfeller,

I will love to ride with you guys around South and Central Fla., but I won't be camping with you at Dupuis, I live just 34 miles from there and prefer my own bed to sleeping on the ground.

I can show you some sights around here, have you ever been to a polo match? I'll check the schedule. Two things to see are right down the road from the campground, a cemetery with a mass grave from a storm, and Port Mayaca bridge, unreal view!

Bring some 22's and shooting glasses as we are not too far from my gun club, you can't camp with a gun but you can have ammo, and I've got a some fun T/C barrels for our steel range.
There some places with ''local flavor'' you might like to see.(biker hang-outs) The roads are mostly in good shape, compared to frost damage up north, but no Dragons down here.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #134 - 01/10/18 at 19:29:28

Can't we just leave any firearm in our bag unloaded ?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 02:54:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.