Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings. (Read 3593 times)
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Re: Savage Events for 2018
Reply #105 - 01/03/18 at 21:01:05

Those muffs look warm, but shipping from Hong Kong? It may be spring before you get them.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #106 - 01/04/18 at 03:25:31

MMRanch wrote on 01/03/18 at 20:39:10:
Just bought some cold weather mitts .  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thermal-Waterproof-Motorcycle-Grip-HandleBar-Muffs-H...

Thanks for the idea fellers !    

yea , I got the brush/wind guards , ordered them first before I found out about the mitts to cover them .   Why didn't I know about this sooner.

Just put it in reverse, back up, and start over.  😁😉😎

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #107 - 01/04/18 at 11:18:11

if only it was that easy ?     I have several years I'd like to "Do Over" .  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 01/04/18 at 13:43:05 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #108 - 01/07/18 at 03:40:07

My Senior Pass came today --- it is the old style forever pass for seniors, good for "free pass" or "half price" depending on where you go and what you are doing.

And let me tell you, when it costs as much to get into Yellowstone as to go to DizzyWorld, that half price Senior Pass comes in handy.  

Kudos to Versy for reminding everyone to go on-line and get one while it was still $20 for the lifetime Forever (instead of $80 per year), it only took the US Geological Survey folks half a year to fulfill it, but that's ok -- it is too cold to go anywhere right now anyway.

I am fixed up .....    Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #109 - 01/07/18 at 03:56:15

MMRanch wrote on 01/04/18 at 11:18:11:
if only it was that easy ?     I have several years I'd like to "Do Over" .  Roll Eyes

I saw a cute skit on the Hee Haw re-run a couple nights ago.  It is the scene where the men are laying on the ground in front of the cabin being really lazy while the women are on the porch.

Grandpa:  I sure do regret all the years I wasted.    Sad

Archie:  Why....what happened?   Huh

Grandpa:  Nothing.   Undecided

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #110 - 01/07/18 at 18:37:25

My Senior Pass came today  

Smiley

Now they think were too OLD to use them discount cards , I think we should try to wear them out !   Grin

I'm not even sure I'd want to pay to get into YellowStone , I might be happy with just ridding around the area .    I'm thinking you have to Pay to use the road to Pikes-Peak now too ?

Dave , some of those "Do Over" years ain't that nothing happened --- its just some of the stuff that did happen !  Roll Eyes

I don't see any need to waste any more years on not going and doing .  Wink

So , I don't need much notice on most trips we might want to goto .   The weather 5 day forcast will work for me almost every time.    I'd like to run over to Suches for a 3 day outting some time when the weather predicition is "NICE"  and if the cold or rain wants to come visit the 5th day ... so what , we'll be back home by then anyway.  

Kind of like OldRider running up to the Dragon one day , Playing a day , Going home the next type stuff.   He set a Good example !    Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #111 - 01/08/18 at 03:34:00

The Suches trip is tentatively scheduled for the first weekend in June (weather permitting).  I could arrive in the area in the afternoon of May 30, and stay until June 3rd.  If the weather isn't good that weekend......postpone the event until the following weekend.  (June 6-10).

For May I would like to suggest a potential trip to the Daniel Boone National Forest.  This may be a bit farther away for some members - it is just about half way for MMRanch and I.....somewhere around a 3 hour ride for us.  The area is really scenic and has lots of areas to ride and explore.  Cabins are most likely a bit expensive if we stay at the lodge at Cumberland Falls - there are sure to be less expensive hotels in the area, I am not sure if the area will be warm enough in May for camping - there are times it can drop down into the 40's in May.

I won't be going on the Texas or South Dakota mega-trips, as I don't believe I can get away for an extended period this summer - however I do plan on going for a weekend ride somewhere every month this summer.  I am going to start a "short trip" thread and make it a sticky.  (This way the weekend trip discussion can be kept separate from the "mega trip" discussion/planning.)

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/search.php?q=daniel+boone+national+forest

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #112 - 01/08/18 at 09:50:51

OK, I went out to the Equestrian campground at Dupuis yesterday afternoon. ( pronounced Doo-pe-us)It does look nice for what you guys are looking for. (weather permitting) Bike week is March 09 - 18, 18'. So the campground will be closed Tues,Wed, and Thurs before,( see 2nd picture). But you are good from Friday on till the next Fri.
Talked to some campers and the host, and all said it was just what you are looking for. Go online and get your free pass and bring a printed copy with you. The pass is good for 2 vehicles and 1 tent, but their free so just get one apiece, they are good at all WMD campgrounds in Fl for 18'. 8 days in a row, 30 days total for the year.
Bring your own drinking water! There is water there, but you won't want to drink it.
NO FIREARMS, even concealed permit holders unless you are legally hunting.
Someone said it was 2 hours from Daytona,,,,,, NO! Plan on 3 hours, at least 2.5 mostly I95.

You can't hunt without a permit and license, so they frown upon anyone who may have uncleaned Rabbit guts on their bikes! Someone knows who I am talking about.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #113 - 01/08/18 at 10:00:44

Roll Eyes

OH !

Huh

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #114 - 01/08/18 at 11:28:22

Well that is a nice looking campground.....it is a shame that the area is so darn flat and the roads so darn straight!

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #115 - 01/08/18 at 12:23:59

The roads are straight so the snowplow drivers don't run off and mess-up our lawns,......oh wait,,,,we don't have any snow!!!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #116 - 01/08/18 at 13:00:48

Looks like we need four days at  Daniel Boone National Forest.

and

We can have the Camp Ground in Florida for seven days .

Seems like two nice rides !

Gosh !    Together , is more fun !    I'd never had known about either of these two great sounding rides if it were not for  :

Lancer selling me a frame for my first Savage , then telling me about this web-site .   Smiley    Yea , My first Savage had title problems do to the last owner being military and not available so I had to change frame's to be legal , thought it was bad at the time but look what it turned into .  Wink  I guess whoever is running things upstairs knows what is best after all !  Cool

................................................................................

So ,  

I'm thinking Bike Week is the first "Ride of the Year" .      
Let me say now :  
My bunk-house could  be a staging place or somewhere to leave your truck/trailer .   I won't promise ya breakfast , but I'll lead ya to Woodard's market where a good breakfast is easy and don't cost much either ! (4miles) Grin

Last time I rode to Daytona , it was an all day thing (? 700 ish miles) .  By time I got there I was wondering why I didn't stop at the 500 mile-ish area , and finish up the next day.  Roll Eyes

Maybe we should neet somewhere just north of Florida ?   What do you fellers think ?   I can go the 700 miles in one day if need be ... its them last 200 that makes me wiggle around in the seat a little .  Grin

« Last Edit: 01/08/18 at 14:12:34 by MMRanch »  

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #117 - 01/08/18 at 16:10:24

OK, MM tell us which road you plan to run down past Atlanta to get to Florida and we will see what is available as a meet up & camp first night spot.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #118 - 01/08/18 at 16:37:42

MM, your butt is MUCH longer (lasting) than the average Savage butt.
Oh yea.   Wink Cool

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #119 - 01/08/18 at 21:14:42

I'm Going to have to get my LONG butt in bed tonight butt I look at camps south of Atlanta tomorrow night  Grin

Its that Harley seat ... the first 150 mile I took with a stock Savage seat , I was squirming all the way home .  Grin Grin

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 03:12:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.