Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings. (Read 3593 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Savage Events for 2018
Reply #75 - 12/28/17 at 16:26:18

Sorry to leave ya hanging for so long SpringMan.   I'm sticking to this thread for any idea for any kind of get-to-gather , and try to not be so scattered about  Embarrassed

Maybe we should meet a Suches Ga in the Spring :

Ride all day
and
Before leaving have a plan for an August Ride

Versey lives so far away that it just seem fair we do a get-to-gather closer to his neighborhood  some time durning the year.   Meeting 1/2 would be the Twisted-Sisters.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
leebee
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #76 - 12/28/17 at 18:20:14

Are there any events in Australia. I live in Queensland and the best part of living in the sub tropics is ALL YEAR ROUND riding. woo hoo. FIrst time Suzuki owner loving the little ls40.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #77 - 12/28/17 at 20:48:40

the sub tropics is ALL YEAR ROUND riding.  

Cool

Na , the wife would never move that far !!!

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #78 - 12/28/17 at 21:55:21

I think I might be living in the sub -arctic ,I might have taken a spin on the bike tonight,  but 2 foot of snow, and the fact that it's -9 , kind of changed my mind. Sad

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #79 - 12/29/17 at 04:51:56

It is 23oF in Fayetteville, NC.   All the little green shoots on the trees and bushes will be nipped off, all brown and sere after this one.   Jack Frost has finally done got 'em.

It is the heart of winter and we are all looking forward to the first rides of the new Season.

I am recovering now from my prostrate mess.   I am no longer incontinent.   "Accidents" are becoming very small and extremely rare so I am no longer wearing the absorption pads.  

I actually believe them now that I will recover the rest of the way back to normal.    yea !!

Sorry MM, no more plans for hooking up any Bionic Biker plumbing.    Instead, I got a lazy man plan to flip on the main gas tank around 150 miles, let the 3.5 gallons of gas move down the lines into the bags by gravity,  then whenever a short timer needs a gas stop, cut the main tank valve off and fill the top main tank back up and take me a piss stop.

That way I can stop with the group, keep my tanks "mostly filled" and only have to operate the tank valve to control everything.    I think this idea will work well when riding with a mixed group of Savagers.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #80 - 12/29/17 at 09:01:57

I'll be watching to see how the Yellowstone thing pans out.  Once a solid date has been set, I'll see if I can get off work and meet y'all there.  If anyone is coming from the west coast or southwest, I might join them along the way.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #81 - 12/29/17 at 12:03:25

I feel so Fuel Deprived , my little 3.5 gal tank just seems so small for such a ride.

I'm thinking SD in August ,

What do ya'll think of a week or two before or after Serges Ralley.   Maybe I should keep the Harley with its 4.5 gal and 50-55 mpg.   Or , just plan on taking the Guzzi , 5.5 gals. same mpg.  

Long range weather forecast would be the deciding factor for me , but I'm with you fellers ..  Smiley

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #82 - 12/31/17 at 19:59:56

To date I only have one bike. It has a 2.8 gallon tank and it get around 50 mpg. So, I have to stop every 100 miles or so. If I happen to pick up a little CTX700 between now and then, I'll probably be able to a bit more that 100 miles between gas stations. Wink

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #83 - 12/31/17 at 21:20:02

Honda 700 , that's what Dave has.  It seem to be a ņic3 bike.  It a little quicker than my V7 Guzzi , and has good luggage.  I rode Dave's 1100 for a while, it was just like the 700 .   Cool

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #84 - 12/31/17 at 21:53:18

Is anybody thinking , Daytona this year ?

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #85 - 12/31/17 at 23:50:34

I don't object to riding through town to look at bike week, but staying there is mission impossible as all rooms, campgrounds and open ditches are all booked solid.

There are free campgrounds in the surrounding forest service areas (40 minutes away). but only two $12 pay me sites have a hot shower available.   Got bear problems with one of them and the tent areas have been shut down as the local bruins have learned that nylon tents open up at will if you happen to own claws .....

https://freecampsites.net/#!10816&query=sitedetails

« Last Edit: 01/01/18 at 07:34:46 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #86 - 01/01/18 at 03:32:39

MMRanch wrote on 12/31/17 at 21:20:02:
Honda 700 , that's what Dave has.  It seem to be a ņic3 bike.  It a little quicker than my V7 Guzzi , and has good luggage.  I rode Dave's 1100 for a while, it was just like the 700 .   Cool

I have the NT700, it is a V-Twin, shaft drive, it has mid mount pegs and it is a great bike.  The CTX700 is a parallel twin, chain drive, forward mount pegs and it has a low seat heat and the weight is low and well balanced.....it sits more like a cruiser than my bike does - it is also a great bike.  My ST1100 was a great bike and had 110HP and was also a great bike and a super bargain in a used motorcycle - but it has a tall seat height, it's a long bike, and is pretty darn heavy.  All of them can go almost 300 miles on a tank of fuel at highway speeds - at 40 mph backroad speeds they can potentially get close to 400 miles!

« Last Edit: 02/17/18 at 04:11:42 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #87 - 01/01/18 at 07:32:24

Since we are not going on a week long drunk, what else do you want to do while in Florida?

Daytona has a lot of racing, racing museums, bars .....  and it is carpeted with big fat overpriced motorcycles.

Roll a bit South to Miami and you got a ton of stuff to do.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g34438-Activities-Miami_Florida.html

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #88 - 01/01/18 at 07:40:58

When looking for stuff to do near Daytona, just a little ways south is the Cape! Plenty of stuff to see there. Maybe MMRanch can figgure out how to mount a rocket engine on his bike!

As a S. Fl resident I will advise if you go to anywhere in Dade county (Miami) it will be VERY helpful if you can speak Spanish.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #89 - 01/01/18 at 07:54:27

Badwolf, where is a local place to camp that you could recommend?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 16:04:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.