Send Topic Print
LENR (ongoing) (Read 6644 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: LENR (ongoing)
Reply #240 - 04/05/21 at 11:03:02

"He shows them a spotlight unit that they cannot match in any fashion without using the same technology."

He shows a single poorly produced picture.  Not a working product.  Given his background and the zero verified products Leonardo as a company has made, why would Phillips even pay any attention to this?  If it were a working product, or Rossi had a better reputation, I could see a distributor getting involved but not with a single photo and some unproven claims.

"If he goes after cars or home heating he personally is likely to get a bullet in his brain, but just making a slightly eccentric LED light fixture isn't nearly as threatening to the powers that be."

This is the route everyone that can't show what they say goes.  I mean why wouldn't the US Government, or Italian Military put this guy into protection and let him develop a system that increases the efficiency of their economy in a way that makes them instantly superior to the rest of the globe?  Too much money coming from Big Oil, or Big Energy?  Rather compete for oil against multiple countries than become completely independent?  That makes sense.

Rossi is too ethical I imagine since that's the other reason people who have global energy changing products refuse to release them.  It's somehow better that nobody ever sees this world changing product than letting the military use it?

If bullet to the brain was a real risk this whole thing would be handled differently.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #241 - 04/05/21 at 12:24:31

Point being that by doing it this way he is putting it on out there while minimizing his bullet hole risk ........

Also note the various ways the fixture we see really resembles a commercial internally pressurized underwater light fixture / outside floodlight fixture.   Rossi's bits will fit inside this round enclosure, but have been stated to be rectangular in form several times earlier.

Rossi has stated that folks breaking into the round enclosure will only find scrambled bits and pieces inside, so some form of self-destruct is included in the package.   This could simply be turning up the device reaction driver until the unit self-destructs, so no explosive charges would be needed.   Just enough enclosure to contain the abrupt fizzt out melt down.

If you can focus that lens system to a single 10,000 lumen dot you could certainly start a fire with it.   Or, like a high power portable laser you could accidentally blind people with it.

Makes you wonder what a scaled up military version could do ......    main issue with the current laser stuff is that the immense power requirements makes them quite clumsy and unwieldy for mobile uses.

« Last Edit: 04/16/21 at 02:59:32 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #242 - 04/05/21 at 13:29:12

I don't think killing Rossi is anyone's priority or it would have been done already.  

If he has an energy device that will change energy use forever, no amount of LED sales will reduce the impact of that.  If these trillion dollar corporations or Governments want Rossi dead I find it hard to believe he can "go into hiding" in any way that would get him completely off everyone's radar.  

Maybe I have just seen the bullet to the head logic too many times in too many situations.  I just find it too convenient.

The online ordering page is better than the PDF that's for sure.  But man have just one person read it first and fix all those errors.  That type of stuff screams amateur hour.

« Last Edit: 04/06/21 at 05:33:16 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #243 - 04/08/21 at 08:01:46

https://e-catworld.com/2021/04/08/e-cat-skled-presentation-date-changed-to-no...

Rossi changed his presentation date slightly so several of his distributors could actively participate in the presentation.

E-Cat SKLed Presentation Date Changed to November 25th 2021
Posted on April 8, 2021 • 14 Comments

Today Andrea Rossi posted on the Journal of Nuclear Physics that the presentation of the E-Cat SKLed will be on November 25, 2021. This is a few days earlier than the previously announced date of November 30th. I asked Rossi about this change, and he responded:

Andrea Rossi
April 7, 2021 at 12:50 PM
Frank Acland:
Yes, sorry, my mistake not to inform our Readers yet: the date of the presentation has been anticipated to November 25th upon request of the CEO of the Swedish company in whose facility the presentation will be made, because he wants to be present and the 25th is better for him. Obviously for us is very important his presence and we followed suit.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

It turns out that November 25th this year falls on the US holiday of Thanksgiving, which is always celebrated on the last Thursday of November. In Sweden, this is just another work day.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #244 - 04/14/21 at 13:07:02

https://e-catworld.com/2021/04/14/rossi-announces-e-cat-skled-to-be-powered-f...

Rossi Announces E-Cat SKLed to be Powered from 12 Volt Battery Source (as well as AC)
Posted on April 14, 2021 • 0 Comments
Andrea Rossi has announced on the Journal of Nuclear Physics an upgrade to the E-Cat SKLed that he plans to introduce in November. The SKLed will not only be able to be powered from a regular AC socket, but will also be able to powered by a 12 V DC power source from a battery.

From the JONP:

Andrea Rossi
April 13, 2021 at 9:01 AM
Dan Galburt (second answer of today):
Our team worked today on your suggestion: all the the Ecat SKLed will be able to be powered either with their plug connected to the grid at 110-240 V, 50-60 Hz, OR with any 12 V battery, and it will be the undisputed lamp with the longest autonomy of the world, at parity of battery Ah.
You gave us a great idea. We got it. The DC connection will poke out from the rear face of the Ecat’s body.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

He explained to me that “The 2 cables (red and black) will be terminalized on the back face of the body.”

Built in "over unity off a smallish solar panel" anyone?   Depends on the amount of excess that actually gets put tnto the main storage battery, as to how much else you can run off the rig while the sun is down.

"Over unity" means COP goes up towards infinite, right?   Free light, free power (ignoring the $25 purchase price which gets recovered in xx years) ......    Wink

What Jr. High science fair contestant could resist the challenge ????

===================================================

In addition to the -/- 12 volts DC connections, there will also be a knob on the back of the unit where you can turn down the amount of light the lamp puts out (a brightness control).    Range is zero to 100% as a natural function of the controller.  

Once lit, the reactor is capable of a full range of control apparently.

According to Andrea Rossi, the E-Cat SKLed will include the ability to dim the light. I think for many purposes, especially domestic ones, the rated maximum 10,000 lumens will be too bright, so the ability to dim the lamp would be very useful. Here are some of Rossi’s comments from the Journal of Nuclear Physics:

Andrea Rossi
April 22, 2021 at 10:51 AM
Raffaele Bongo:
Thank you for your opinion, that I fully respect.
By the way: the lamp is dimmable and the consume will decrease in proportion: example, half Lumens, half consume.

Frank Acland
April 22, 2021 at 12:11 PM
Dear Andrea,

1. How will a lamp owner dim the brightness of the SKLed (no dial is shown in your photo)?
2. How many levels of brightness will be available?

Andrea Rossi
April 22, 2021 at 1:39 PM
Frank Acland:
There is an A.I. system that regulates the lumens in function of the external light; besides, there is a manual dimmer in the back of the body. The regulation is integral, there are not steps. You can regulate any value between 0% and 100% of the 4 W of power.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

So it sounds from the last comment that there is an auto-dimmming function built in, which is based on external light sources such as sunlight.

I would think that this ability to dim the SKLed will make it much more appealing than if you were only able to have it on in full brightness mode, and it will make the energy savings even greater for those who use the dimmer.

=================================================

HISTORICALLY, whenever Rossi demo's something it works a lot better or does a lot more than is expected.  

Rossi always holds back something for a wow factor come demo time, and he NEVER talks about or EVER demo's his full latest and greatest ideas under development.

The very best is always reserved for some Apple like customer who wants those exclusive benefits in the market place and is willing to pay for that market place advantage.

......... from Roland, as dropped in the peanut gallery

This is a very low key stealth introduction of a radically new technology in the form of a very ordinary seeming product, a lamp, for household and commercial lighting applications that is deliberately avoiding talking about the underlying physics, and the attendant controversy, in favor of getting millions of them out there in ordinary settings and applications without any fuss about the how of it.

Rossi: Next E-Cat Product (after the SKLed) to be Electricity Generator, Possibly in 2022

Posted on April 19, 2021 • 0 Comments

Andrea Rossi has stated that the E-Cat SKLed is the first general release E-Cat product, to be introduced in November 2021, but he has also been emphasizing that it is just the beginning (apparently because it is ready for production). He has stated that they are continuing to work on heat generation and electricity production from the E-Cat.

I asked him which he believes will come next, a heater or generator, and he replied “the electricity generator”.

He wrote in reply to one question on the subject:

Andrea Rossi
April 17, 2021 at 7:34 AM

The R&D on the Ecat SKL is continuing and, as said, I think in 2022 it will be launched in a way similar to the Ecat SKLed.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

From this comment, it appears to me that his intention is to produce a generator for the domestic market, which I believe is what most followers of the E-Cat story have been hoping for, for a long time now.

Folks point out that Suncell is supposed to be out in production inside 2023, so Rossi is pushing on that power supplying "tech news" now.   He has figured out how to run his lights off 12 volt power, so once he has a charging method worked out he is good to go for independent power generation and he would like to have something power generating "something" out a year before Suncell arrives.

Even if it is just an "everlasting power brick" to go in a kid's backpack to keep their cell phones and laptops lit all day long ......

NOTHING IS REAL UNTIL IT IS PRESENTED AND THE RETAIL SELLING BEGINS ........

« Last Edit: 04/25/21 at 05:22:32 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #245 - 04/26/21 at 12:12:59

https://e-catworld.com/2021/04/25/ecat-com-faq-technology-is-based-on-an-inno...

Technology is “Based on an Innovative Way to Control the Physics of the Electron”
Posted on April 25, 2021 • 21 Comments

Thanks to various readers here for pointing out that the Ecat.com website now has a section with FAQs about the Ecat SKLed:

https://ecat.com/faq

A lot of the information provided in answer to the questions has already been posted by Andrea Rossi on the Journal of Nuclear Physics, but there are a couple of questions where I found the answer interesting:

When will the lamp be presented to the public?

The Ecat SKLed will be presented at an online event on November 25, 2021, where it will be used to light up a large indoor space belonging to a company that will be able to confirm the performance of the lamp. At the time of the online event, it will be certified for safety and performance by a globally recognized certification body.

This is the first time I have heard about how the SKLed will be shown. Rossi has said that the presentation will be held at a facility of one of his customers, so it sounds from this that the customer will have installed SKLeds beforehand and will be using them for lighting purposes.

How does the Ecat technology inside the lamp work?

The Ecat technology stands on 20 years of R&D and is based on an innovative way to control the physics of the electron. A theoretical hypothesis, explaining the operation of the Ecat SKLed, is presented by inventor Andrea Rossi in his paper E-Cat SK and long-range particle interactions, which has been read 63,000+ times and can be downloaded here.

Assuming the Ecat SKLed works according to the specifications described, this is the question that everyone will be asking. They now have a short answer: Ecat technology is “based on an innovative way to control the physics of the electron”

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #246 - 04/26/21 at 20:52:05

Well at least he finally gave up on the cold fusion nonsense.

The FAQ points to his old paper from 2016 describing his old space heater pointing to the failed Tennessee project?

« Last Edit: 04/27/21 at 05:19:23 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #247 - 04/27/21 at 09:22:40

It's sorta funny, they still don't know how it works, really.

Folks theorize that the lamp is mainly the light from the reactor itself, and that Rossi has established enough understanding and control to run the thing mostly for light with very little heat or electricity produced, or to run the thing mostly for electricity with very little heat and light produced.

At some level, matter is still becoming energy, no matter how it is expressed.

Rossi is an empirical scientist, observing what happens and adjusting his inputs (and his theories) accordingly.   Rossi's old solid nickel powder reactors bear very little resemblance to his double walled ball lightening discharge glow tubes that he is using today.

« Last Edit: 04/27/21 at 12:55:49 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #248 - 04/29/21 at 06:07:44

I and several others have suggested the E-Cat SKL be used to electrically trickle charge an appropriately durable style of battery.   As a step #1, it sounded reasonable enough.

Several  have mentioned the small backpack power brick for laptops and phones as a possible first product for electrical generation for E-Cat SKL.   Such a power brick would charge itself off internally provided electrons, then when a load is applied it would isolate the battery from erratic input voltages until the load was removed.

This isolated charging and discharging "switch off" matches up with the product's natural use modes pretty well.

And .......  Lo and Behold ......

Rossi: Batteries are a Solution for E-Cat SKL Power Generation
Posted on April 29, 2021 • 0 Comments

Andrea Rossi has stated that he is aiming to launch the E-Cat SKL, which generates electricity, in 2022. It seems now, from recent comments Rossi has made on the Journal of Nuclear Physics, that the product will be coupled with batteries in order to provide electricity that can be used to power inductive loads.

For reasons not explained, currently the E-Cat SKL, is unable to work with inductive loads, which would include electric motors, compressors, transformers and any other electronic device that includes coils.

RosAndrea Rossi has stated that he is aiming to launch the E-Cat SKL, which generates electricity, in 2022. It seems now, from recent comments Rossi has made on the Journal of Nuclear Physics, that the product will be coupled with batteries in order to provide electricity that can be used to power inductive loads.

For reasons not explained, currently the E-Cat SKL, is unable to work with inductive loads, whiil 28, 2021 at 10:05 PM
Hi Dr. Rossi,

I have two questions:

1. In regards to driving an inductive load with the E-cat. Is it possible that the E-cat reaction is fundamentally unable to create electricity capable of driving an inductive load or do you think it is an engineering issue and it will eventually be worked out?

2. Would you say that the IP protection in the E-cat is military grade?

Andrea Rossi
April 29, 2021 at 4:06 AM
Mike Phalen:
1- maybe, but the interface with a battery is a solution in most of cases
2- I do not know
Warm Regards,
A.R.

It would seem then, that a battery is going to be requirement for the E-Cat SKL for the time being. The good thing about this is that battery technology is ubiquitous these days, and there is a great deal of R&D going on worldwide which is improving battery performance. A downside would seem to be that it would mean extra expense will be added to the E-Cat SKL, and that eventually batteries become degraded to a point where they need replacement.

Rossi is not one to stop R&D efforts with the E-Cat so I expect he will continue to find ways to make the E-Cat SKL work without batteries, but it does appear that he sees them as a way to move forward for right now.

I look eventually to see a form of RV that is self-powering using user replaceable Rossi reactors, an EV-RV that only requires a water hose hook up and a crap dump system that someone could live fairly well out of while they were on the road.

« Last Edit: 05/01/21 at 13:20:55 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #249 - 05/01/21 at 13:23:20

Eegore wrote on 04/26/21 at 20:52:05:
 Well at least he finally gave up on the cold fusion nonsense.

The FAQ points to his old paper from 2016 describing his old space heater pointing to the failed Tennessee project?

Can you go into greater detail on this, please.   I am not following you about a Tennessee project.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #250 - 05/01/21 at 14:31:17

"Can you go into greater detail on this, please.   I am not following you about a Tennessee project."

I will try to dig up some specifics.  It is referenced in Rossi's document, I from memory am thinking this was at Lockheed Martin, but I may be mixing another energy experiment up in my mind.  It seems it was most likely not LM, but I am not in a position to research in detail on my own right now.

What I do recall is the predicted temperature output fell short due to a "glitch", and they shut it down.  I will try to get more info as soon as I can.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #251 - 05/03/21 at 18:44:23

Lockheed Martin does have some LENR stuff that uses matrix embedded HOT radioactives so they can generate some extra heat.

No electrical, just heat from faster than normal radioactive decay.

I doubt a system built for long distance inter-planetary probes (Lockheed Martin systems which now use LOTS & LOTS & LOTS of radioactives) is going into either my house or my car ........

« Last Edit: 05/09/21 at 07:36:34 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #252 - 05/04/21 at 05:49:20

https://e-catworld.com/2021/05/04/rossi-testing-e-cat-skled-for-greenhouse-ap...

Rossi Testing E-Cat SKLed for Greenhouse Applications
Posted on May 4, 2021 • 0 Comments

On the Journal of Nuclear Physics yesterday, Andrea Rossi mentioned that he had been doing some experiments using the Ecat SKLed light in greenhouse environments. Presumably this means using the light of the SKLed to help grow plants, and not for heating the greenhouse (since the SKLed apparently produces very minimal amounts of heat).

I followed up with a question of my own:

Frank Acland
May 3, 2021 at 11:11 AM
Dear Andrea,

So you are testing the SKLeds with plants growing in an indoor environment?

Andrea Rossi
May 3, 2021 at 12:22 PM
Frank Acland:
Yes, we are making experiments with a friend of mine who owns a series of greenhouses.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

He provided very little information about the results of this testing, except to say in response to a question about whether the spectrum of the SKLed was fit for this application, “It appears so from the first experiments”.

If the SKLed really is suitable for plant growth, I would imagine there would be a great deal of interest in the indoor agriculture/horticulture industry. Lighting is a major expense for indoor growers, and if the SKLed can cut energy use by around 90 per cent, as claimed, then it should be a real hit with this market, once SKLed production starts.

I hope that we will get more information about these plant-growing experiments at the November presentation, if not before.

Growing food plants inside is bigger than you think it is.   Pot is not all that is being grown vertically indoors using hydroponics on a commercial basis.

https://youtu.be/AxObpAmAizk       Click on the link and spend a few minutes looking at it, you are eating some of these tomatoes and stuff right now if you are living in the EU.

E-Cat SKL Tests Next Weekend Could ‘Accelerate the Presentation’ of E-Cat SKL Electricity Generator.
Posted on May 10, 2021 • 0 Comments

It seems that Andrea Rossi is turning an increasing amount of his attention and time towards the electricity-generating E-Cat SKL these days. He has explained that it is still a work in progress and that they need to overcome certain obstacles before it can be ready as a commercial product.

The exact nature of the problems they are dealing with have not been specified, but Rossi stated this weekend that he is preparing for an important series of tests starting next Saturday (May 15th) with a new level of artificial intelligence:

Mara
May 8, 2021 at 10:44 AM
Dr Rossi:
I think in this period you and your team are focused mainly on the presentation of the Ecat SKLed on November 25th; are you also working on the development of the SKL ?
Mara

Andrea Rossi
May 8, 2021 at 2:29 PM
Mara:
Absolutely yes: next Saturday I will receive components for an elaboration of the artificial intelligence that should give us a strong contribution and accelerate its presentation: the tests will be made next Saturday and Sunday. I am optimist, but the experiment is very difficult, Very intriguing, though.
Warm Regards,

A.R.

I asked some questions about exactly what they were hoping to achieve with the new AI tests:

Frank Acland
May 9, 2021 at 8:40 AM
Dear Andrea,

Is the purpose of the AI system you will test next week:

1. To improve the stability of the SKL?
2. To make a more regular electrical output from the SKL?
3. To help with charging of batteries?
4. To increase the COP of the SKL?

Andrea Rossi
May 9, 2021 at 9:54 AM
Frank Acland:
1 and 2

Warm Regards,
A.R.

It’s interesting to me that Rossi comments above that these tests could “accelerate the presentation” of the SKL. Rossi has stated that the SKL will be presented in 2022, but Rossi has now opened the door to the possibility that the presentation could be sooner. Gerard McEk asked him whether there would be any chance of showing it at the November 25 presentation later this year. Rossi replied: ” this depends on what we will see during the weekend of the next week.”

« Last Edit: 05/10/21 at 06:25:22 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #253 - 05/21/21 at 04:39:51

This is hard science.   This is published on the record.   This is breaking news as Samsung is shipping test samples as we speak.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41560-020-0575-z

https://newatlas.com/energy/samsung-solid-state-ev-battery/

In a nutshell, solid state lithium foil batteries are more rugged, and they are approximately half as large physically,  take recharges over 2x faster (at higher charge amp ranges), can give twice the road range on an EV (or twice the run time on a cell phone) and are MUCH SAFER (no more spontaneous fires).   Battery is formed from layers of solid foil bound together, so it suits all the existing battery formats both rolled and flat folded.

Rossi is excited because they can stand taking a charge directly from his SKL.

This type of battery will take over the industry because it is simply better on all fronts.

More will come out from the testing samples that were shipped out last week.

Twice the output power, 2x the runtime (range), charges twice as fast and is half the physical size.

The tech world is buzzing this week about the potential changes this new style of battery can bring.

If it can indeed take a charge from a direct connection to a Rossi SKL then it can become quite powerful and quite portable, and once the stored battery power is run through an AC inverter should be able to run existing old style induction driven power tools, etc.

More likely the new style brush-less DC motors will simply take over the entire DC world and DC only cars and DC only RV units will lead the way on that front.

« Last Edit: 05/21/21 at 19:16:45 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #254 - 05/21/21 at 07:25:30

I remember seeing this a few months back.  I'm no battery expert but I don't think coulombic efficiency is equal to measurable usage efficiency.  Either way I doubt they will be marketed if they aren't significantly better.

I asked a few associates about interest in the SKLED, one owns amateur baseball stadiums, another several warehouses.  Both essentially laughed at the idea that no useable product demonstration will happen until a month before a mass-production order deadline.

I understand this.  Why would I even consider buying thousands of lights if I can't even get one sample?  As the warehouse guy said:

"A convicted felon with years of failed experiments wants me to have faith in his latest unproven product, order them and then maybe he will make product and bill me? Who does business that way? Kickstarter hacks dont even have this many holes in their models."

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 03:15:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › LENR (ongoing)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.