Send Topic Print
LENR (ongoing) (Read 6644 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: LENR (ongoing)
Reply #225 - 03/08/21 at 20:52:45

"I am quite surprised that Andrea Rossi has been so open with his plans for the public presentation of the first E-Cat SKL product. True, we don’t know the date or location of the presentation, but we do have a good idea now of what will be presented."

Really?  After this many years?

How long does a legitimate program need to remain exclusively in the mind of the one person that knows how it works?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #226 - 03/09/21 at 04:31:06

I think that issues existed  with E-Cat voltages, low amperages, process controls and the general usefulness of the proposed product.   These all had to be resolved before ABB would put their nickel down and put their name behind it.
This may have, or may not have happened at this point in time.
We will not know until ABB presents itself.

Rossi has passed strategic control of the initial projects over to his main distributors
(ABB is still my best bet as to who, but Rossi is not limited solely to ABB).

LED lighting that runs directly off the output juice of the E-Cat is something that is within the realm of current technology to make, right now today.   Noisy power does not matter as much, nor is control as much of an issue as long as mains power is available to run the controller box.

It is a first to market technology, knowing full well that it will be expanded and adapted by other industrial uses.  

Using it to charge EV vehicles is another obvious path, but battery tech that can handle the high voltages of E-Cat isn't there right now.

Two functional scenarios quickly arise about using E-Cat power -- first path is to use it as it is, which is what lighting will do right now.

Second is to get the power into a lower voltage battery storage, then use existing "power wall technology" to roll it out into RV, EV and other uses.

==================================================

https://e-catworld.com/2021/03/10/rossi-ready-to-deliver-1-million-e-cat-skl-...

Rossi: Ready to Deliver 1 Million E-Cat SKL Lights Per Year
Posted on March 10, 2021 • 7 Comments

Here’s a little more information from Andrea Rossi regarding the readiness for industrialization of E-Cat SKL lighting produce that he has been discussing recently. I posted a question about it today on the Journal of Nuclear Physics:

Frank Acland
March 10, 2021 at 8:56 AM
Dear Andrea,
You have said that the industrialization is ready for the first E-Cat SKL lighting product. Does this mean you have the technology in place to mass produce them?

Many thanks,
Frank Acland

Andrea Rossi
March 10, 2021 at 11:18 AM
Frank Acland:
We would be ready to deliver 1 million pcs per year.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

I would definitely classify 1 million E-Cat lamps per year as mass production — surely the demand would be there if the energy savings were significant. I do wonder though if they have any concern about the possibility of reverse engineering with so many products out there.

===================================================

Frank Acland ECW Admin  Robert Dorr • 8 hours ago

I have no idea if ABB is or is not involved with the E-Cat-LED, but I think we should remember that Andrea has said his work on lighting is with only one partner, and there are other strands of R&D in process:

"P: We have different Partners and all the threads of R&D you cited are in progress, but the lamps application is the simpler and faster to put in the market."

« Last Edit: 03/14/21 at 15:51:56 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #227 - 03/13/21 at 07:54:32

https://e-catworld.com/2021/03/13/more-details-on-th

More Details on the E-Cat “SKLed”
Posted on March 13, 2021 • 15 Comments

Andrea Rossi has been using the term “SKLed” to describe the product he has said will be the first mass-produced E-Cat product, so I think that is how we should refer to it for now.

There have been many questions posted by readers on the Journal of Nuclear Physics over the last day which have produced answers from Rossi giving a clearer picture of what the SKLed is and what it does. Here are some points that I have picked up from the ongoing dialogue:

1. The SKLed will be a lighting product that will marketed for all kinds of uses: industrial, commercial and domestic.

2.The product will be sold, not leased.

3. The SKLed will need to be plugged into the mains to operate – either into either 120 or 240 Volt outlets.

4. The SKLed will use specially designed LED lights built by a US partner, which Rossi says are optimized to work with the E-Cat SKL producing light at a very high efficiency: “It is designed to make light with a dramatically high efficiency, by orders of magnitude higher that the best existing LED illumination systems (220 LM/W).”

5. Rossi expect the SKLed to operate for many years, 24 hours a day, without requiring a recharge of any fuels utilized by the E-Cat.

6. The SKLed will be produced by Leonardo Corporation and built in the United States.

In short, it sounds like the SKL is a very high efficient light. LEDs have been adopted very widely around the world in a relatively short period time because of their superior efficiency compared to earlier lighting technology. Many businesses and households have moved entirely to LED lighting because of the energy savings they can realize.

If the SKLed turns out to be more efficient by orders of magnitude, compared to traditional LEDs, we could be looking at the next revolution in lighting.

==================================================

On JONP:

"Andrea Rossi March 13, 2021 at 11:48 AM
Daniel De Caluwé:
The Ecat SKLed does not have fittings, it is one cubic box with Ecat and lamp incorporated jointly.
Warm Regards, A.R."

Let's join the main peanut gallery consensus about the unified lights as being a Phillips Lighting distributor product.   Very few makers of LED lights of higher capacity can alter their product to use the trashy peaky irregular power directly from an E-Cat SKL.   Phillips fits the bill and is already known to have contacted Rossi about a year ago.

Why it can work ---- multiple E-Cat SKL units output a moving voltage and amperage that circulates around a "designed mean" with irregular swings up and down as the controller acts to reel the the reaction in.   You have as many tracts up and down as you have SKL reactors, and they get into and out of sync with each other in a random fashion.

Putting them stacked on top of each other in multiples, you get a somewhat irregular DC power supply with a very trashy, noisy nature.

Somebody (Phillips ???) has designed a higher power LED system to accommodate this trashy, noisy DC power and if you consider the separate power from the mains (you need clean power to run the reactor controllers) as the input energy and the output LED light in lumens in your simple COP calculation you get COP numbers in the order of large hundreds.

Rossi claims the lights can run 24/7 for years without needing anything in the way of reactor replacement as the LED's will wear out and die before the reactors weaken significantly.

Growing hydroponics food under grow lights possibly becomes a commercially feasible thing now.

« Last Edit: 03/15/21 at 06:10:26 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #228 - 03/15/21 at 10:19:41

Well boys, thar she blows -----

----- the illusive white whale, she is sighted at last.

https://e-catworld.com/2021/03/15/andrea-rossi-announcement-regarding-2021-pr...

Andrea Rossi Announcement Regarding 2021 Presentation and Ordering the E-Cat SKLed
Posted on March 15, 2021 • 0 Comments

Here is an important anticipation that I forward to our Readers and to the Readers of E-Catworld:

In ten days I will publish a photo of the product, its price and the main characteristics and will open the sales. Everybody will be free to buy, domestic, commercial or business, or other as they might be.

The certification, made by a third independent party, covers and guarantees the Ecat SKLed for any application, even domestic.
The price will depend on the quantities a Client will buy.

The official presentation will be made in November 2021 and the deliveries will begin after the presentation, but not before we will have collected at least 1 million orders of Ecat SKLed , because this is the payback number at the price we will make, that will be very popular (between 20 and 30 $, depending on the quantity of Ecats bought).

The EcatSKLed is a beauty, designed with love, and pays back its price in less that one year; we will guarantee 100000 (one hundred thousands) hours of life (that's 11.4 years of life) and a free substitution if it will break before 11.4 years is up, so long it will be returned with it sealed body integer and not tampered with.

The presentation of November will have a worldwide diffusion.
This has been decided, whatever it will cost in terms of money and fatigue.
The Clients will pay nothing at the order, they will pay only at the delivery: no delivery, no money changing hands.

The order of delivery will respect the list of pre-orders we already got, but it is necessary that all the pre-orders will be confirmed within 30 days from when I will publish here the photo and the data-sheet with the price list. The pre-orders that will not be confirmed will be considered cancelled.

Warm Regards,
A.R.

$20 was in the upper range of LED bulb prices when they first came out and the first LED lights certainly did not last 11.4 years either.

A one year payback on energy cost on a $20 item ---- yes, Rossi will sell quite a few of these things.

I suspect Leonardo is being contacted a lot at the moment by tech representatives from "forward sighted" companies not wishing to get left behind the coming tech wave, and I also expect Rossi is personally "on vacation, location unknown" for personal security reasons.

I will order one to give to grandkid as a collectable, so she can peddle it on ebay because Gramps is jest so silly.

Still waiting for my little room heater, though.

« Last Edit: 03/18/21 at 08:00:31 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #229 - 03/16/21 at 10:42:46

I'd consider buying a few just to see what they are and test them alongside other LEDs but there's no way I would take on an 11-year warranty with this company.  I would only be interested in a warranty on the 1-year efficiency payback.

Realistically it should only take 6 months of monitored usage to prove the claimed level of efficiency.  

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #230 - 03/16/21 at 21:31:32

See ABB stock at $US 30 plus today $US 15 a year ago.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #231 - 03/20/21 at 18:48:05

https://e-catworld.com/2021/03/20/e-cat-presentation-announced-for-november-30th
-2021-in-sweden/

E-Cat Presentation Announced for November 30th 2021 in Sweden
Posted on March 20, 2021 • 7 Comments

Today on the Journal of Nuclear Physics, Andrea Rossi has posted the date and country of the promised presentation of the E-Cat SKL:

Ruby
March 20, 2021 at 3:01 PM
Dear Dr Andrea Rossi:
1- can you say now where the presentation of the Ecat SKLed will be made and when ?
2- can you say if the Ecat SKLed will be shown while operating in the concern of a customer that will participate to the presentation ?
3- can you say if the presentation will be made with the certification of a third independent party made ?
4- can you say when all the clients that have sent you a request of the order form will receive it ?
Thank you if you can answer,
Ruby

Andrea Rossi
March 20, 2021 at 3:22 PM
Ruby:
1- Sweden, November 30 2021. By then we all will have been vaccinated against the Covid.
2- yes
3- yes
4- about 10 days, I am waiting the last design of the body to make an updated photo. All the rest is ready.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

It’s interesting that the E-Cat SKL will be shown operating at a customer site. It makes me wonder if the presentation itself will be held on a customer’s premises. If so, it would be a first, and would lend a lot of credibility to Rossi’s claims about his technology.

Having a third party report/certification will of course also be a boost to the E-Cat’s credibility, so long the certifying body is identified as a competent and independent entity.

I do hope that Mats Lewan will be participating!

Rossi intends to reveal some separate distributor product development threads from more than one distributor team.

More than just light bulbs are in motion, interesting.

Rossi responded to questions about the unit life going way way way up, he says some life issues were resolved by the move over to multiple contact plasma reactors.

My read on it goes like this ........ small single unit items will run the Rossi E-Cat SKL of one form or another.  

Large multi-megawatt heat based plants will run the Mills Sun Cells.

Your home could run off Rossi or Mills units, with the Mills centralized as a large heat source.

Rossi is likely to be built right into separate items as they are developed.

Rossi will eventually join up with charging a power wall of some sort.

« Last Edit: 03/21/21 at 04:53:21 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #232 - 03/22/21 at 00:38:50

Maybe I am not understanding this correctly, but my take on is that this SK-LED can only run off of an Ecat SKL device correct?

Frank Acland March 15, 2021 at 9:56 AM
Dear Andrea,
Will it be possible to screw the SKLed module in a regular light bulb socket?
Thank you very much, Frank Acland

---

Andrea Rossi March 15, 2021 at 11:17 AM

Frank Acland:
No, but it will be possible to apply the Ecat SKLed to walls, ceilings, or put them upon desks, tables, wherever.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #233 - 03/22/21 at 06:27:28

My initial understanding is that it is a squarish separate one piece fixture more akin to a kitchen style light fixture.   The controller and the reactor are built into the fixture in such a way that cannot be taken apart without destroying it.

Like the other Rossi devices, it needs a connection to simple 120 volt AC mains power to stably run the control circuitry.   In consequence, it has a COP number, which is very high using the light output as the relative output measurement metric vs the energy taken from the mains to get it going and maintain it.

This is all pending the promised (fairly soon) explanations, specs and pictures ........   and it is noted that no discernible difference in your power bill will be seen off just one unit as the benefit from a single unit is small and gets lost in your daily power use fluctuations.

Wink

« Last Edit: 03/25/21 at 19:00:12 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #234 - 03/25/21 at 18:32:33

Biden has posted public FEDERAL awards totalling 48 million dollars for the first major significant world changing American energy savings innovations.

The US Navy has dusted off its LENR research projects with an eye towards cashing it in.

Sadly, the Navy does have some tech that is currently rated TOP SECRET and unless Biden steps in we will never see it realized as a public energy source.

Last anything was known, it was lattice controlled stuff alright, but it involved the use of hot radioactives in the mix to generate all the extra energy it achieved.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #235 - 03/28/21 at 15:35:19

https://e-catworld.com/2021/03/28/rossi-skled-produces-2500-lumens-per-watt/

Some more details have been posted by Andrea Rossi on the Journal of Nuclear Physics about the E-Cat SKLed. I think at this point we have a good idea of what to expect at the November presentation.

Rossi has stated that the dimensions of the SKLed are 10 x 10 x 15 cm (4"x 4"x 6") with a weight of 200 g. (7 ounces)  This includes all the controllers, E-Cats and lights.

Today someone posted about a new LED from Philips, a bulb that is manufactured specifically for Dubai, and not sold elsewhere, apparently:

Patrick
March 28, 2021 at 4:35 AM
Dear Andrea,

Please find here the latest innovation in LED bulb from Philips: https://www.mea.lighting.philips.com/consumer/dubai-lamp

And an interesting analysis and reverse engineering video of it here: https://hackaday.com/2021/01/17/leds-from-dubai-the-royal-lights-you-cant-buy/

Hope you find it useful.

Targets
Bright regards,
Patrick

Rossi’s response:

Andrea Rossi
March 28, 2021 at 4:56 AM
Patrick:
My ECAT SKLed generates 2500 Lumens per W, more than one order of magnitude of the presently lamp of Philips, then.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Should Rossi apply for the Biden money?    Likely not as Rossi does not care for the strings he has found in the past that are attached to govvy work.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #236 - 04/03/21 at 15:09:44

https://e-catworld.com/2021/04/03/photo-of-10000-lumen-e-cat-skled-published/

Photo of 10,000 Lumen E-Cat SKLed Published
Posted on April 3, 2021

Andrea Rossi has been sending out emails to people who were interested in pre-ordering the E-Cat SKL containing a photo of the E-Cat SKL, along with product specifications, and an order form.

Here is the single photo:

The key data about the E-Cat SKLed from the order form:

Dimensions: cm 15 x 10 x 10 (inches 6 x 4 x 4)
Weight: 200 grams Expected Operational lifespan: 100000 hours
Consume: 3.9 Wh/h +/- 10%
Lumens: >10000
Light color: 5000 K (cold white)
The support is fit to be applied to walls, ceilings or put upon tables
Current: AC
Volts: 110-240, Hz 60-5

Follow this link to get to a printable order form.

https://e-catworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Document-2-1.pdf

« Last Edit: 04/03/21 at 22:45:55 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #237 - 04/04/21 at 08:30:34

photographed on a backdrop of pinnacle of obsolescence.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #238 - 04/04/21 at 11:20:16

"photographed on a backdrop of pinnacle of obsolescence."

Good observation.

Also taking paper orders, but "working on" an online ordering option.  Online ordering, even of millions of items, especially ones not in  production is very very easy.  

My prediction, based of today's info, is no matter how many forms are filled out, a million sales won't happen allowing this to never make it into the hands of customers.  

« Last Edit: 04/04/21 at 12:46:05 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #239 - 04/04/21 at 23:02:10

My cynical take on the E-Cat unit shown and the info that was put forward is that Rossi is likely simply encouraging Phillips and others to jump on in as major distributor partners.

He shows them a spotlight unit that they cannot match in any fashion without using the same technology.    He applies a price point that they can easily match or exceed at their volumes of current production and current sales.

Rossi will likely get a distributor taker or two to take all his existing orders over for actual fulfillment long before he hits his million orders.

WHY IS ROSSI DOING THIS ?????

If he goes after cars or home heating he personally is likely to get a bullet in his brain, but just making a slightly eccentric LED light fixture isn't nearly as threatening to the powers that be.

Plus, Rossi encourages you (you, you major commercial supplier of whatever that you are supplying today) to send over a smart young engineer or two to his labs to take a good look around to see if you as a corporation want to buy into E-Cat technology before it potentially obsoletes all that you are making today.

BTW, on-line ordering is ready now .......   https://ecat.com/ecat-products/pre-order-ecat-skled

« Last Edit: 04/05/21 at 21:10:41 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 15:12:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › LENR (ongoing)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.