Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: LENR (ongoing)
Reply #210 - 12/07/20 at 07:00:08

https://e-catworld.com/2020/12/07/ross-and-team-constructing-industrial-plant...

Rossi and Team ‘Constructing Industrial Plant’ for 2021 Presentation
Posted on December 7, 2020 • 0 Comments

I asked Andrea Rossi a question on the Journal of Nuclear Physics yesterday about the current activities of himself and his team.

Frank Acland
December 6, 2020 at 10:24 PM
Dear Andrea,

What is taking most of you and your team’s time and attention in these days?

Andrea Rossi
December 7, 2020 at 3:28 AM
Frank Acland:
The construction of the industrial plant to be presented within the next year in operation.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

I think this response gives us an idea of what to expect when Rossi makes the presentation he has promised for next year. Rossi has a tendency to want to go big when it comes to the E-Cat. In 2011 the first E-Cat he made for the public presentation was a 1 MW thermal plant, and when he did the year-long test in Doral, Florida it was also a 1 MW plant.

If he wanted to demonstrate a working E-Cat to the world, I don’t think it would need to be a big industrial model, but maybe he feels it would be more effective to show something that could immediately be useful to industrial customers, to kickstart the commercialization.

This solidifies the non-automotive introduction of the E-Cat SKL as an Industrial certified item (Rossi already has certification for Industrial uses).

Expect a time line presentation showing the advancements of the SK to SKL progression, going from 40 foot tractor trailer container down to a 20 foot half container down to a "roll around tool box" in size with the output functionally doubling each time.

Rossi cannot go automotive at first, he does not have the 6 sigma long term data to do a PPAP.   As such, he need not even apply as an automotive supplier.

Consumer is worse, he has 100% DEADLY voltages and amperages existing inside a portable sized device.   This would make CSA or UL an absolute bitche to pass muster.

Rossi needs an industrial partner to pave his way to getting started.  He then needs a Consumer partner to do the same thing in Consumer.   Ditto for Automotive, except he needs a fairly long track record of statistically stable process output from his industrial implementations before he can even try with automotive.

Rossi will not live long enough to do all this, as his life span runs out in 10 years or so.

« Last Edit: 12/09/20 at 05:51:33 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #211 - 12/14/20 at 17:21:47

https://e-catworld.com/2020/12/14/vattenfall-to-explore-possibility-of-small-...

Just read it for the words enclosed.   Notice the buzz words used ---- "small modular reactor".

Nobody actually says nuclear (although the press as a group certainly assumes it and says it repeatedly and quotes it as "nuclear" in their re-quoted materials).  And remember, ABB and Vattenfall are in a very tight non-disclosure relationship right now so the primary parties are saying very little right now.

Very much like ABB, Vattenfall in general likes to keep their mouths shut as much as possible.

Remember, this is a feasibility study, looking at alternatives of which Rossi's stuff would be only one of the alternatives considered.

And this also explains why Rossi & group are building out a much bigger reactor for their first show and tell this spring .....  they wish to be considered a relatively serious alternative.

« Last Edit: 12/15/20 at 08:33:05 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #212 - 12/16/20 at 09:53:16

Rossi had better show off his stuff PUBLICLY in a very positive fashion very shortly or else he will get skipped over in this new move to distributed power generation (something that is coming together now).

Rossi is NOT BEING SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED BY ANYONE that is very visible at this point in time.    His lab demos have not led to anything that is readily visible.

Rossi has apparently damaged his relations with his biographer and with some of the key MFMP personnel (as he started getting controlling input from others, Rossi has apparently been cutting off some of his old key supporting people).

As Rossi goes under the thumb of some commercial concerns, he runs the risk of being silenced by these same commercial concerns and becoming a non-player in his old age.

« Last Edit: 12/16/20 at 14:01:04 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #213 - 12/20/20 at 20:39:47

https://e-catworld.com/2020/12/20/brilliant-light-power-publishes-calorimetry...

Brilliant Light Power Publishes Calorimetry Report Showing Significant Power Gain in SunCell Runs
Posted on December 20, 2020 • 2 Comments

There is a new report on the Brilliant Light Power  website titled “Water Bath Calorimetry (120420): Report “. The report was written by Mark Nansteel, Ph.D. who is described as a heat transfer expert.

The 22 page report describes two water bath calorimetry tests done on December 4th at BLP headquarters in New Jersey.

The link to the document is here:

Microsoft Word – Report on Water Bath Calorimetry (120420).docx (brilliantlightpower.com)

Dr. Nansteel has written a very thorough report on how the testing was done, and how results were measured. The main conclusions are presented in this graphic, which shows the energy gain in the experiment, and compares it to similar tests carried out in November — showing a significant improvement:

On the Brilliant Light Power website they state that they limited run time to get accurate calorimetry, but that the SunCell is capable of running indefinitely. They also write:

Moreover, with a Brayton cycle turbine addition, the SunCell® gain is sufficient to serve as a stand-alone power source of at least 100 kW thermal with no grid or fuel connection and no CO2 or pollution of any kind.  Over 250 kW and 10-fold gain have been achieved with this design by changing the operational parameters.  We are developing control systems to run at these extreme power density levels without occurring limitations of the cooling system that could lead to damage to the SunCell.

Sun Cell seems to be maturing and picking up both power and reliability.    COP is over 3.3 as of right now, but that is heat only, no electric.

SAFIRE is doing very well, also.  SAFIRE does make electricity as well as heat.

And that South African Tesla fella is busy sucking electrical power in from the air although he can't say how it got there in the first place .......

Get your act together Rossi and make your Public presentations, you have two-three real competitors who are about ready to start shipping units to customers.

They are not going to screw around seeking "perfect" and they will steal your thunder by shipping first if you let them.

ROSSI, YOU MUST SHOW YOUR INTERNAL ELECTRICAL PRODUCTION E-CAT SKL SYSTEM OPERATING RELIABLY IN A PUBLIC PRESENTATION ASAP.

https://e-catworld.com/2020/12/18/the-safire-plasma-reactor-the-breakdown-of-...

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/af355bc814da3167c2439651075d58fa9d1c50de...

« Last Edit: 12/22/20 at 15:39:40 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #214 - 12/22/20 at 05:37:39

https://e-catworld.com/2020/12/22/rossi-100-e-cat-skl-units-have-been-combined/

Rossi: 100 E-Cat SKL Units Have Been Combined run off one (1) controller
Posted on December 22, 2020 • 0 Comments
Some questions on the Journal of Nuclear Physics today give an indication of some of the work that Andrea Rossi and his team are involved in at the moment.

E. Hergen
December 21, 2020 at 7:41 AM
Dear Mr. Rossi,

Does the test agency test a protopype of an industrial reactor?
What is the power of this reactor for testing?

Andrea Rossi
December 21, 2020 at 9:41 AM
E.Hergen:
We are dealing with an industrial assembly of modules, changing power.
Warm Regards,
A.R

E. Hergen
December 21, 2020 at 1:48 PM
Dear Mr. Rossi,
thank you for your answer. One follow up question:
What is the maximum number of modules you combined together up to now?

Andrea Rossi
December 21, 2020 at 6:38 PM
E.Hergen:
Warm Regards,
A.R.

This is apparently the industrial plant that Rossi and his team is currently building, which he has stated would be presented at the public demonstration next year.

Rick 57 followed up with a question about the controller for this plant:

Rick 57
December 22, 2020 at 5:56 AM
Dear Andrea,

related to your recent answer to Hergen, are you using just a single controller for all or each E-Cat has its own ?

Andrea Rossi
December 22, 2020 at 7:21 AM
Rick 57:
We have a single controller,
Warm Regards,
A.R.

And I posted my own follow-up:

Frank Acland
December 22, 2020 at 3:54 AM
Dear Andrea,

Interesting to learn you have combined 100 modules together so far. In your testing, has this combination of E-Cat SKLs worked as you have hoped?

Andrea Rossi
December 22, 2020 at 7:22 AM
Frank Acland:
Almost,
Merry Christmas to you and your family,
A.R.

It does sound like a lot of progress has been made of late. They must feel quite confident about the quality and operation of individual SKLs if they are now combining multiple units The fact that they can actually build 100 SKLs that quickly is quite impressive by itself and indicates that they have a good manufacturing setup in place. It’s going to be interesting to eventually see the final product.

100 units running flat out at the last known max output per unit would be well in excess of a half megawatt in output, so we are sensing some form of performance or a longevity buffer is being put in place with this first public demo unit.  

This is fine, a smart thing to do or so I would think .......

Size is just being guessed at, with a 1-2 meter cube being the suspected minimum size range of the stacked reactors themselves (keeping the cooling system, plumbing and rack space as a separate affair using Freon and chilled water cooling means at least 2x this size is more realistic).

Knowing what you can reliably do (and for how long you can reliably do it) is really good information to have right about now.  

Running a set of reactors to product "end of life" has not been done yet, the oldest unit run for duration was 2 generations back (heat only) and it ran for two full years before it was taken out of service and returned to Rossi in "still working" condition at the end of the current "heat only" contract.  

No units of the current SKL electrical production generation reactors have ever been run long enough for them to start to degrade their performance.

Still looking for clarification on the total output for the entire demo device and by division by 100 to estimate the functional reliable output level of a singe unit cell.

« Last Edit: 12/27/20 at 08:36:35 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #215 - 12/27/20 at 07:51:10

https://e-catworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/ECatSK_and_lrpi2.1.pdf

Rossi publishes his evolving theory in detail.   If you can understand the theory, do tell the rest of us.

It is clear that Rossi has gotten some serious help cleaning up his English and in organizing this paper for maximum clarity.   Also, Rossi revises his theory constantly and it develops over time, quoting the work of others as Rossi does not say he invented these ideas at all, he just uses them.   This is the 4th or 5th evolution of Rossi's functional theory ......

It is also clear that Rossi lives in a different world, one that has forces and sciences that we who grew up in the 50's and 60's will find quite strange.

Some Rossi haters have already responded that Rossi has simply come up with a theory that removes E-CAT SKL from any possible consideration as a nuclear process, thus easing its movement into commercial reality.

Effectively, this is true ......   but if no radiation has ever been seen then likely it is not a nuclear process as busting up nuclei or fusing them together always winds up with little broken bits flying away very fast (i.e. ionizing or radioactive radiations).

If you sense a plan and a end game to all of this activity, I think you might be correct.  All the pieces for a public demo and a possible Nobel Prize bid are coming together.

« Last Edit: 12/28/20 at 02:38:40 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #216 - 01/09/21 at 01:15:14

https://e-catworld.com/2021/01/09/rossi-on-e-cat-skl-plant-i-am-using-it/

Rossi on 100 reactor, single controller E-Cat SKL Plant: “I am Using it”

Posted on January 9, 2021 by Frank Acland

I have asked Andrea Rossi some questions this week on the Journal of Nuclear Physics about how the work on the E-Cat SKL plant that he and his team are building, and which he has stated will be presented in a public demonstration this year.

He has answered that the plant is operating ‘very well’, and when I asked how close its performance was to being acceptable, he replied, “I think we are very close.”

This sounded like good news to me, so I followed up with another question today:

Frank Acland
January 8, 2021 at 10:41 AM
Dear Andrea,

Your comments about the SKL plant sound encouraging. What remains to be done in order for it to be ready?

His response:

Andrea Rossi
January 8, 2021 at 12:49 PM
Frank Acland:
I am using it. When I will feel ready to make the presentation, I will make it. Need more experience.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

All these responses lead me to believe that the plant has been built, and that it is operating in an acceptable way, which I think is very good news, and I believe bodes well for the public presentation.

Rossi has stated that they are working towards a specific deadline, and that even though it has not been made public, they have a date in mind for the presentation, all being well.

« Last Edit: 01/14/21 at 18:11:52 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #217 - 01/14/21 at 14:02:36

People have asked Rossi what is wrong with his current rig up, he says nothing is actually wrong but some improvements are still needed ----- and then the Rossi haters came on in force to throw the last 10 years of "get close then drop out" back into Rossi's face.

The level of organization in this troll wave attack was quite obvious to anyone reading it.

So, Rossi is acting all offended right now and has gone completely silent ......

I think Rossi WILL NOT MOVE until Mills is ready to demo in public.

Or else Rossi gets bad sick with the don't get overs and makes a last ditch grasp for fame ......

factoid:

Rossi has been working on a more powerful version of the reactor, this may be what  he is currently holding out for .......             Roll Eyes              maybe.

Rossi has uncorked similar 2x factor performance advancements on everybody several times before, done it by surprise twice no less, demoing a lot more than what was expected.

==================================================

https://e-catworld.com/2021/01/14/brilliant-light-power-planning-demonstratio...

Brilliant Light Power Planning SunCell Demonstration for Jan-Feb 2021
Posted on January 14, 2021 • 46 Comments
There’s a scrolling banner on the Brilliant Light Power website which is announcing an upcoming demonstration of their SunCell technology.

https://brilliantlightpower.com/

The text is:

“We are planning an invitational public demonstration of the SunCell in the January 25-Februay 5, 2021 Time Frame. It will be video streamed by popular demand”

Time to show your cards, Mills and Rossi, lay'em down flat on the table where everybody can see them, boys .......

« Last Edit: 01/24/21 at 13:59:42 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #218 - 01/24/21 at 12:16:33

https://e-catworld.com/2021/01/14/e-cat-was-introduced-10-years-ago-today/

Andrea is being threatened because of the upcoming introduction of the Ecat. This is one of the reasons not to tell where he exactly is. Sad to live in a world that threatens those who may have a key to our future survival.
Would Andrea hope that by communicating on the JoNP his disappearance would not happen unnoticed, or would there be another reason with regards to his (and his wife’s?) safety?

January 24, 2021 at 4:22 AM
Dear Andrea,
1. I know trolls are marginalizing your work and try to blacken you reputation. Now with the approaching introduction of the Ecat SKL, has their activity increased?
2. Do you receive threats that demand not to introduce the Ecat?
3. Is the fact that you keep your location secret linked to these threads?
4. Maybe your open communication on JoNP contributes to these threats, but may also be a a way of protecting yourself, can you say something about that?
Thanks for answering our questions, kind regards, Gerard

Andrea Rossi
January 24, 2021 at 9:34 AM
To:   Gerard McEk:
1. I don’t know: I do not have time to read stupidities, but the act that our competitors pay trolls to disparage our work corroborates the evidence of the fact that they fear us: nobody would spend money and/or time to disparage something that does not worth the while
2. yes
3. yes
4. I think my communication here helps us
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Nils Georg Leirset • a day ago
I think Andrea Rossi's delay now has less to do with the technical problems, but more to do with the attempts behind the scenes to suppress or at least postpone the commercialization of the technology. We can only sense what is going on, but probably Rossi's partners in particular are under pressure. Should the world really experience, once again, that epoch-making new technologies are parked or put on hold?

Rossi is getting pressured again.    Rossi's new partners and distributors are getting pressured as well.

Bluntly, Rossi is functionally in hiding right now and has taken his wife with him.

« Last Edit: 01/24/21 at 14:00:18 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #219 - 01/24/21 at 16:04:37

This is a predictable pattern, as I said before:

I've found that pretty much any time third party assessments come around on a project like this they can either choose to go ahead with proving their machine works, and die, or just keep portions to themselves and keep making money.

They are going the death threats route on this one it seems.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #220 - 01/31/21 at 16:11:40

https://e-catworld.com/2021/01/25/rossi-one-partner-is-a-multinational-company/

Svein H. Vormedal
January 24, 2021 at 6:35 PM
Dear Andrea
How many of your partners are multinational companies, present in more than 20 countries, or with 100,000 employees or have 10 B $ in turnover.
Regards Svein. H. Vormedal

Andrea Rossi
January 25, 2021 at 4:50 AM
Svein H. Vormedal:
One.
Warm regards,
A.R.

I think all it would require for the E-Cat to be taken deadly seriously, would be for one major company, of the kind described above, to come out and say: “We have been working with Andrea Rossi with his E-Cat SKL. We have tested it, it works well, and we are going to be producing products which use the E-Cat”

I think it is cute that Rossi cannot say anything about ABB, but if you feed him ABB's specifics and ask him how many partners he has like that he can say "One" and not be violating his NDA with ABB.

It is clear that ABB has paid Rossi his very large chunk of European Distributorship money and is calling all the shots now ---- with Rossi having met all of ABB's conditions pending finishing development of the next wave of stuff which Rossi is busy working on.

ABB knows Rossi from way back and they know what he is working on ----- and ABB is willing to wait for it as it will be worth it to them.

Rossi can do heat.   Rossi can do light.   Rossi can do direct electricity generation.

Other than scaling up his separate reactor outputs to 4x bigger than they are now, what else can Rossi possibly do .......  other than give ABB the time they need to unload all the stuff that is going to be obsoleted by E-Cat SKL?

And unloading stuff is exactly what ABB is busy doing.   All of GE Power Transmission and any similar associated existing ABB businesses are up for sale ......

« Last Edit: 02/05/21 at 17:18:46 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #221 - 02/05/21 at 10:59:08

Mills at Brilliant Light Power has demo'd his unit in Washington DC today, Feb 5th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y8I7esYhDw&feature=youtu.be

Rossi, ball is in your court .......   if you were going to demo, now is the time.

https://youtu.be/3y8I7esYhDw

===================================================

Rossi is currently being held back by ABB, while ABB sells off various bits of power transmission businesses (ex GE things) selling them off in a quick fire sale before they get obsoleted.

Rossi falls back to his "late fall" 2021 original time frame for his demo.

Rossi feels that Mills has just shown the world just one part of a system that has seriously unknown durability and until Mills shows the rest of a working system Rossi is under no pressure to demo anything.

Tongue

==================================================

https://e-catworld.com/2021/02/22/qas-regarding-e-cat-skl-launch/

The multi core reactor from ABB will be directed at feeding power to the grid based off as a "drop shipped emergency power supply in a container". A demo of that type system might be an indicator that ABB finally has their production level first finished product.

Roland • 2 hours ago
I'm pleased to see my surmise that a demo featuring SKL arrays with a hundred or more units, and perhaps several arrays, is in fact under consideration, as I said at the time if the world is to be convinced that the SKL is capable of powering the planet a demonstration at scale is what will generate the world wide publicity that will bring this a giant step closer to reality

Axil Axil • 27 minutes ago • edited
This will be a seminal moment for demonstrating the efficacy of colocation of SKL arrays with intermittent electrical sources like wind and solar installations, there are at least three European nation that could achieve 50% or more of their annualized electrical power from these two sources and SKLs almost overnight with this strategy.

As you note, ABB is perfectly position to do this as they already build, service and sell all the components for the interface between the existing underutilized grid connection at the solar and wind installations and SKL arrays, they designed and built a lot of them al over the world, particularly in Europe with its emphasis on achieving carbon neutrality as quickly as possible. One of the most powerful arguments for the SKL is that a lot of socially desirable ends can be attained while profoundly strengthening national economic potential and competitive advantage.

I would still say this even if ABB is not the actual business partner because all their corporate goals and ethos align perfectly with the capabilities that the SKL will give them across all their divisions in one fell swoop; commercial power generation, check, electric railways, check, their Azipod equipped ships, check, direct power for their massive manufacturing base, check, internally powered robotics, check, charging stations for electric cars, check, the list goes on.

If ABB has in fact been Rossi's business partner for the last two years they have been gaming out the SKL technology every step of the way, the potential to factory build containers that output megawatts with no fuel required and no moving parts that can be parked any where there's a connection to the load is a complete game changer for them.

ABB partially financed Rossi's 2011 demo and he would have been on their list of people to keep a connection with from the moment it became clear that that early demo was successful. ABB is very used to working with inventors, the company was founded by inventors that designed and built the cutting edge technologies of the day and the company has thrived for its entire existence by finding people who could create and, very importantly, build the next generation of technology that fitted into their corporate structure and aspirations.

Rossi is the biggest thing that is going to happen in ABB's areas of primary interest for decades to come and if they're not there in the thick of it they're going to be looking forward to endless criticisms by their shareholders, Board of Directors, and Swedish and Swiss nationals for having missed the boat on the opportunity to turn their already substantial enterprise into a global behemoth that leaves all their competitors in the dust, all while gathering extraordinary good will by saving humanity from itself in our hour of need.

Rossi controls distribution in the USA, so he should be talking to the Texans who right now would really be in a position to REALLY appreciate a power generating container or two ........

Rossi should donate time on his existing prototypes for this use as a publicity stunt (if it is indeed working well enough to do that).

« Last Edit: 02/23/21 at 23:37:44 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #222 - 02/25/21 at 02:23:34

https://e-catworld.com/2021/02/26/rossi-e-cat-skl-more-suited-to-resistive-th...

Faced with people asking him to help out with Texas, Rossi has begun answering a few questions concerning the limitations of E-Cat power output off the initial 100 cell power block unit he has running in his lab.   He only lets go of scant dribs and drabs of information and that is scattered all over his responses all over the place, which makes this particular synopsis very suspect as it has no single quotable origin,

Each of the 100 reactor cells has a up down nature as individual reactors attempt to run wild and get reigned back in by the controller.   The controller switches between reactor cells fairly quickly, but the reaction to a controller change has some lag time involved in it.

With 100 of them, you tend to stay roughly in the middle for your "averaged" output, but your variation in your power voltage and current flow in each individual reactor is the full range of variation permitted by the controller (which is pretty wide due to lag when throttling back down from a spike) with the volts and amps constantly changing within the combined output signal.

This is bad ---- in the electrical world as this is called "trash noise" for a very good reason.

This means a normal electric motor has trouble with direct use of E-Cat power as they were all designed to run off main line power which has very very little inherent variation and an extremely regular syn wave form.   Electric motors are tuned very tightly so as to be efficient, and the sloppy E-Cat power drives them nuts, as in the motor won't run and/or the motor overheats.

Electronics also have problems running directly off E-Cat power for all these same reasons.

Using a smaller initial set of 3 switched abuse resistant batteries used in rotation (one is charging, one is stabilizing and cooling, while the last one is discharging to the main storage batteries) as a down voltage and stabilization stage is indeed helpful, but the smaller buffer batteries seem to get quickly degraded by the jagged input charging power from the E-Cat reactor bank.   Larger battery size could help fight this charging degradation.

The normal output voltage range of E-Cat is simply wrong for most normal existing electrical devices (it is way too high in voltage and very low in amperage).   This is a challenge for ABB Electrics to overcome, as they need both a storage system and a means of lowering the voltage that is both reliable and cheap to do.

Putting the E-Cat to work charging the large main battery bank (structured as smaller half sized segregated sub-batteries) could make sense here as final filtered power from the non-charging bank could be supplied to the controller for the bank that is being charged.  This might provide a method to the voltage to the  controller set to be stable and usable (assuming the E-Cat voltage has been lowered to the correct levels and all the charging noise is removed when the charging was switched over to the other sub-bank).

ABB and Rossi are having issues as "noisy controller power" aggravates all the issues with the E-Cat control system.  This is why the autonomous E-Cat isn't being presented just yet, nor are there any rumors flowing out from the development work since ABB is the source of the electronics development work and ABB DOES NOT LEAK AT ALL, ever.

Rossi confirms that the "electrical trash noise" is why he always uses mains power to run his controller installations and why there never been an autonomous E-Cat built yet so far.

Folks are theorizing that the main battery bank could be split into two functional banks with one bank being stabilized and then that bank would be suitable to use to drive the controller for charging the other bank.   Then they switch off duties and the drained bank gets charged.

Simple restive loads (like heaters) do seem work OK right now, but that is simply not enough of a use to make up a marketable product right now.  

« Last Edit: 02/28/21 at 04:53:48 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #223 - 03/05/21 at 01:21:23

Rossi: E-Cat SKL More Suited to Resistive than Inductive Loads

Posted on February 26, 2021 • 146 Comments

It has been interesting over the last few days to see the back and forth on the Journal of Nuclear Physics between Andrea Rossi and various readers who are trying to understand what kind of generator the E-Cat SKL is.

Andrea Rossi is very reluctant to provide a detailed description of the E-C SKL, and the kind of power that it generates but from comments he has made over the last while there are some things that he has revealed.

1. That it works best when the load is resistive — such as heaters or lamps.

2. That it is problematic when working with electric motors and electronics directly.

3. That it can be used to charge batteries.

I think many followers of the E-Cat have been assuming that if the E-C SKL can generate electricity then it should be simple to use it for any purpose that electricity is currently used. But apparently it is not so simple, and it’s not clear why.

Perhaps one clue can be found in this Q&A from the JONP yesterday:

Svein H. Vormedal
February 24, 2021 at 3:17 PM
Dear Andrea
What are the voltage of each E-Cat SKL, cell or unit?
Regards
Svein H. Vormedal

Andrea Rossi
February 24, 2021 at 4:19 PM
Svein H. Vormedal:
Putting modules in series the Voltage sums up, but other are the problems raised by inductive loads and we are resolving problems.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Inductive loads include electric motors, transformers and coils. I don’t have a great deal of knowledge about electronics, but I am aware that resistive loads are simpler than inductive loads, and it appears that is more suitable for use with the E-C SKL.

Here is a description of the difference from Sciencing.com

“The outlets on your wall channel alternating current, or AC, which means that the flow of the current is reversed periodically. This reversal can be graphed as a wave and both the voltage and the current have a specific wave. The type of load depends on how the wave for the voltage and the wave for the current line up. In resistive loads, such as light bulbs, the voltage and current waves match, or the two are in phase. As you might guess from the name, resistive loads only resist the current and are the simplest type of load. In inductive loads, such as an electric motor, the voltage wave is ahead of the current wave. The difference between the two waves creates a secondary voltage that moves in opposition to the voltage from your energy source, known as inductance. Because of this property, inductive loads tend to experience power surges when they are turned on and off, a phenomenon not seen with resistive loads.”

To my mind, if the E-C SKL can charge a battery, then using batteries in conjunction with it, could make things simpler as the batteries can provide electricity in a form that can be used by most devices. But this would add more complexity and a lot more expense to any system which might defeat the purpose of using the E-Cat in the first place.

My guess is that Rossi will be trying to find ways to deal with the issue in the least complex way possible.

Gerard McEk • a day ago • edited
Some interesting answers to my questions to AR:

2021-03-03 11:31 Gerard McEk
Dear Andrea,
Recently some questions were asked about whether or not both E-cat SK and SKL were to be presented. You expect only to present the SKL because it fulfills all functions a SK has plus some additional, is what I understood from you reply. Some questions about that:
1. This implies that you expect that the SKL can produce heat to the same cost as heat produced by the SK. Is that correct?  yes
2. In the past you said that the SKL is much more complicated than the SK, you spoke also about ‘many additional connections’. It is strange that more complicated devices (SKL) are still less costly than the more ‘basic’ devices (SK). Besides, to generate heat with the SKL, you also need an additional electrical heating element, which’s probably cheaper than a steam heating coil. Can you explain?   the characteristics will be disclosed at the presentation

Then some related questions:
3. How much time is the SK in operation at a a customer without refueling now?   one year
4. What is the longest duration a SKL has run without refueling?   one year
5. What is the longest duration a cluster of SKL’s been running?   one year
6. How many SKL’s did this cluster have?  120
7. Obviously I can’t wait until the Ecat is being presented. Has a date for this event already been determined?   not yet, but we are close to decide.
8. Of course I understand that producing electricity at 90% efficiency is far more attractive than producing heat. To the current market price electricity is 3 times more valuable per kWh. But that may change when the Ecat SKL starts to dominate the energy market. Was the value/kWh the main reason to develop the SKL?  yes

Kind regards, Gerard

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #224 - 03/08/21 at 06:55:33

https://e-catworld.com/2021/03/07/rossi-presentation-date-and-place-decided-e...

The First E-Cat SKL Product – A Best Guess

From the Office of the Official Leaker,  Frank Acland

Posted on March 8, 2021 • 0 Comments

I am quite surprised that Andrea Rossi has been so open with his plans for the public presentation of the first E-Cat SKL product. True, we don’t know the date or location of the presentation, but we do have a good idea now of what will be presented.

Based on various comments Rossi has made here is what I have been able to put together.

Leonardo Corp, along with a business partner will build a lighting product, (Rossi describes it as a ‘lamp’, I think possibly it will be something like a floodlight) made up of panels of 200W LED lights. The product will plug into a mains/grid source of electricity and incorporate an E-Cat SKL to make power consumption minimal. The COP will be measured by comparing the energy consumption from the grid source to the energy consumed by the LEDs

Rossi has explained that the reason that this product has been chosen for the presentation is that: “We prefer to start with the easiest thing to be done, all the rest will follow.”

Also, it seems that the decision is based on the business of an industrial partner. Today he wrote “We are industrially ready for this, thanks to our Partner, and the potential market is almost infinite.”

My guess is that this will be a product that will be used in industrial/commercial/civic settings. Who really would want large panels of LEDs in their homes or gardens?

Will this be the only E-Cat SKL product that we will see? According to Rossi, not at all. When asked about using the E-Cat to provide power for the electric grid he wrote: “To enter the grid implies many issues we’d depend on. But we will get there.” When asked about whether he would be making E-Cat powered heaters he replied: “Eventually yes, but initially it will be lamps.”

You have to start somewhere, and I think it is definitely a positive step that a first product has been decided on. Light is used an needed throughout the world in all kinds of settings, and everyone wants to decrease power consumption, and if this is a successful launch it will provide the funds to further product development.

I am looking forward to seeing how all this plays out this year.

Rossi: Presentation Date and Place Decided, E-Cat will be Powering Lights

Posted on March 7, 2021 • 44 Comments

Earlier this week I asked Andrea Rossi what was the main activity he was involved with these days. He replied:

Andrea Rossi
March 5, 2021 at 9:16 AM
Frank Acland:
Our team is focused on the preparation of the product and its presentation. We decided the place and the date. It will be in 2021.
At the presentation of the product we will also start its commercialization. This is what we are focused on right now.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

A few weeks ago Andrea Rossi stated that in thinking about the predicted E-Cat SKL presentation he has been inspired by Nikola Tesla, whose AC electricity illuminated the 1893 World’s Fair in Chicago.

Now Rossi has gone a little bit further in explaining what he plans to do at the SKL Presentation in response to a question I posted on the Journal of Nuclear Physics:

Frank Acland
March 6, 2021 at 7:17 PM
Dear Andrea,
Have you decided yet what kind of work E-Cat SKL will be doing at the presentation?

Andrea Rossi
March 7, 2021 at 3:07 AM
Frank Acland:
Lighting
Warm Regards,
A.R.

In connection with this, a reader on the JONP had asked earlier this week about the kind of lighting that he had been testing the E-Cat SKL with:

Patrick
March 4, 2021 at 4:03 AM
Dear Andrea,

What type of lightbulbs have you been powering with the SKL?

1. Florescent
2. Incandescent
3. LEDs
4. Any others?

Bright regards,
Patrick

Andrea Rossi
March 4, 2021 at 5:37 AM
Patrick:
LED
Warm Regards,
A.R.

So it appears that the general plan for the presentation will be to show the E-Cat SKL powering LED lights — which are well known to be the most energy efficient types of light available. If the E-Cat SKL is providing kW levels of power, it should be able to illuminate a vast number of LEDs.

UPDATE:

Here’s a new comment from Rossi in response to a comment that LEDs don’t consume much power, and that an LED can be powered by a potato:

Andrea Rossi
March 7, 2021 at 7:01 AM
Patrick:
LEDs consume less than incandescence lamps, but their consume is not “small potatoes”.
We are talking of series of 200 Watts lamps, not of the 1 W lamps you probably are thinking of, that are used in electronic circuits.
We’ll see the numbers ( and the COP ) at the presentation. Light consumes the 58% of the energy produced in the world by fossil fuels, notwithstanding the wide diffusion of led lamps.
Warm Regards,
A.R

« Last Edit: 03/08/21 at 14:27:07 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 26
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 03:05:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › LENR (ongoing)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.