Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2017 (Read 3501 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Savage Events for 2017
Reply #30 - 10/13/16 at 09:16:50

I'm Retired !  Wink  .......  I hope every one of ya'll get to experience how much fun my life is now  Smiley .

While we are planning  :

any one of ya'll headed to a ride , who needs an overnight spot near southern middle TN. , can camp in my 10 x 22 - air conditioned rock house/garage (one couch and chair) ,  or tent in the yard .   Then we can go on to the ride the next day.  There is plenty of parking space , and the Dragon is only a 5-6 hour ride east of here on  "River-Road" type 2 lane black-top .
I might need the same if we go to the "Black-Hills" or a similar ride . Cheesy

This year in my area , August and September have been REALLY DRY .   But there ain't no way I'm waiting for August for the first ride of the year !  Tongue
So :
Anybody going to Daytona in 2017 ?  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #31 - 12/05/16 at 06:37:54

MMRanch wrote on 12/04/16 at 20:33:00:
While we are planning  :

any one of ya'll headed to a ride , who needs an overnight spot near southern middle TN. , can camp in my 10 x 22 - air conditioned rock house/garage (one couch and chair) ,  or tent in the yard .   Then we can go on to the ride the next day.  There is plenty of parking space , and the Dragon is only a 5-6 hour ride east of here on  "River-Road" type 2 lane black-top .
I might need the same if we go to the "Black-Hills" or a similar ride .

So :
Anybody going to Daytona in 2017 ?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #32 - 12/05/16 at 06:38:42

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/04/16 at 22:18:33:
Smiley

You mean this one?

http://www.daytonabeach.com/bikerbeach/

Sounds like a Barcalounger trip to go down to visit Old_Rider and run around in Florida a bit before the rest of the country warms up a bit.

« Last Edit: 12/05/16 at 08:07:46 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #33 - 12/05/16 at 06:40:58

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/05/16 at 06:31:38:
Smiley    OK, MM has invited us to come see him.    Wink

Wish everybody could have stayed longer when it was my turn to Host an event and I'd enjoy Hosting again (for up to 25 Savages or so).

I can verify he has good digs for us to stay in, complete with a game room no less.   If the people count goes high enough, he has tent space to pitch one or two to handle the overflow.   He has a fire pit similar to the Dragon/Blue Ridge set ups and he has a bongers size grill to cook on.   He has a shooting range.

Main question becomes "when" ???   When is the best dry season up on your mountain?

« Last Edit: 12/05/16 at 08:13:49 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #34 - 12/05/16 at 08:12:54

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET YET ....  same month can be listed for different areas of the country

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.

Daytona Bike Week  March 10-19 http://www.daytonabeach.com/events/motorcycle-rallies/bike-week/
w/ possible visit to Old-Rider, needs a refresh on the invite from last year's discussions

Youzguyz Twisted Sisters trip         Mid to Late April    "Ya'll are welcome back to my neck of the woods anytime."    Youzguyz

Thunder Beach Run  May3-7   http://thunderbeachproductions.com  Location of run is Panama Beach / St. Augustine  w/ possible visit to Old-Rider, needs a refresh on the invite from last year's discussions

Lancer Oklahoma trip    April to May   Kenny G,  Lancer

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver   June   Verslagen

Kickstand Lodge   June    Dave,  Oldfeller

MM's farm July to  first week in August   MM,  Oldfeller

« Last Edit: 12/05/16 at 20:34:00 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #35 - 12/05/16 at 09:28:53

I would probably be in for the Oklahoma trip.

Kenny G

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #36 - 12/05/16 at 15:26:26

The game room is defunct , now its a TV room w/play station 3 , and table for board games etc.   But it does have a couch and big chair (that match) .  Wink  .    Soon its to have a hardwood floor (soon as I find my "around-to-it)  Grin

« Last Edit: 12/05/16 at 17:18:13 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #37 - 12/05/16 at 20:04:06

Thinking Arpil-May timeframe for the Oklahoma trip for anyone interested.
We have 2 spare rooms and 70 acres to camp on if that is your preference;
ranges to shoot anything you desire to bring;
2 ponds and a river to fish;
occasional wild hog/s;
other assorted critters;
2 car garage and a barn/shop...anything from airing up a tire to an engine rebuild.

Breakfast:  biscuits & gravy, eggs, sausage, bacon, cold or hot cereal, grubs etc.

Post your available timeframe/s.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #38 - 12/05/16 at 20:34:59

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET YET ....  same month can be listed and is fine for different areas of the country.   I am plugging in names as people show interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is going were plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Daytona Bike Week  March 10-19 http://www.daytonabeach.com/events/motorcycle-rallies/bike-week/
w/ possible visit to Old-Rider, needs a refresh on the invite from last year's discussions

Youzguyz Twisted Sisters trip         Mid to Late April    "Ya'll are welcome back to my neck of the woods anytime."    Youzguyz

Thunder Beach Run  May3-7   http://thunderbeachproductions.com  Location of run is Panama Beach / St. Augustine  w/ possible visit to Old-Rider, needs a refresh on the invite from last year's discussions

Lancer Oklahoma trip    April to May   Kenny G,  Lancer,  MM,  Oldfeller,   Springman,   Verslagen

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver   June   Verslagen

Kickstand Lodge   June    Dave,  Oldfeller

MM's farm July to  first week in August   MM,  Oldfeller

« Last Edit: 12/06/16 at 12:39:27 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #39 - 12/05/16 at 21:02:38

Please pin my name to the Lance trip (I'll start working on my permission slip now ) ...  Roll Eyes

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #40 - 12/05/16 at 21:58:59

We riding bikes or trailering ??? .......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #41 - 12/05/16 at 22:09:53

What are the odds of finding a mid point between middle TN. and middle Oklahoma.  
I do have a 5x8 w/ramp and two wheel holder thingies , if necessary.

I'd rather ride 350 miles a day and make two days out of the trip , than run 75 mph down the Super Slab all day long for 700 miles .  
But we need a friendly face with a big yard or some floor space to spare in East Arkansas.   Huh

Better Yet !
Pick-up some more riders along the way !   Wink
I think we have about 14,000 members don't we ???

Life's to short not to make the most fun out of our time !  Cool

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #42 - 12/06/16 at 00:58:53

I got an idea.    Christian Charity -- figure out your riding path then email churches along the way asking for permission to pitch a tent on the grounds for a night.    Most will say yes, if given enough lead time.  

I know we always did, and generally exceeded that with a meal and a bed at somebody's house.   Only thing it required was enough time for the church to talk it out and be ready for you.

If we can figure out how to do this gracefully, trip costs will go down a LOT and the slow travel thing will become much more suitable.

If it falls through, campground.   If that falls through, cheap hotel.

In any case, we are talking Barcalounger style riding here, not Savage ......  but I do like the idea of riding about 350-400 miles a day and sleeping well at night.

« Last Edit: 12/06/16 at 09:22:56 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #43 - 12/06/16 at 09:17:34

I discovered a new feature added and refined about six months ago by Google Maps,  a feature that makes motorcycle trip planning for Android cell phone navigation users a bloody snap.

http://lifehacker.com/google-maps-can-now-send-directions-from-your-desktop-t...

Sit at your computer, figure out your best pathway and send it to your phone.   Make sure you have enough free memory on your phone to add another large map area or it will not work.

Glitches took several months to work out, so it should be getting more solid as a feature now.

AS ALWAYS, you HAVE to start up a new saved map route while sitting in a wifi zone at a Hardees or a McDonalds or it simply won't go.   After that, it will run off of stored map in memory as long as you saved the route with the map area.   Remember not to turn your phone off ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #44 - 12/06/16 at 12:15:46

The Lancer visit sounds good to me. I'll keep checking on it to see what dates are finally decided on. If I can get away from work and home then count me in.

I'm heading to Orlando for the 4th of July to meet up with siblings so I will not be able to make any rides in that general time frame. But that does not mean I cannot make a ride later in the year!!! Wink

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 21:29:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2017

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.