Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2017 (Read 3501 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Savage Events for 2017
Reply #270 - 04/10/17 at 09:48:59

We have 2 rooms with std. double beds plus floor space and a living room couch with more floor space if needed.
I also have power cords that will go out to the camping area if you want to camp but still need power to breath at night &/or run a fan.
So we gotcha covered which ever way you swing !

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #271 - 04/10/17 at 12:54:30

I don't care what everybody else says, you're a good man Lancer! Grin Grin

Cool, I won't worry about packing a tent, just my sleeping bag.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #272 - 04/10/17 at 12:56:30

Kenny, I'll have my sleeping bag and probably air mattress so I am fine just about anywhere.

Now if we could just get JOG and Oldfeller to show up.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #273 - 04/10/17 at 16:49:23

I PM'd Justin, his health is just too variable for him to say a positive at this time.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #274 - 04/10/17 at 19:34:30

If I split the ride to Oklahoma to two days  then I'll have a tent , but might not need it once I arrive !   Smiley

Lancer , how many are we now ?  

Should I bring a tent (8 x 10 x 6'tall) anyway ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #275 - 04/10/17 at 20:20:01

If I split the ride to Oklahoma to two days  then I'll have a tent , but might not need it once I arrive !   Smiley

Lancer , how many are we now ?   Looks like 7 of us so far.

Should I bring a tent (8 x 10 x 6'tall) anyway ?

Yes, bring a tent in case any want to spend the night under the stars and with the coyotes & turkeys & deer.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #276 - 04/10/17 at 21:04:08

I don't mind the turkeys and the deer, but them wild canines, wellllll, I don't know about them!!! Undecided Undecided

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #277 - 04/11/17 at 04:04:25

springman wrote on 04/10/17 at 21:04:08:
I don't mind the turkeys and the deer, but them wild canines, wellllll, I don't know about them!!! Undecided Undecided

No problem - just put some meat over by MM's bike! (It usually has some kind of road kill stuck to it anyhow).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #278 - 04/11/17 at 04:13:28

springman wrote on 04/10/17 at 21:04:08:

Ahhhh, they they are just cute little canines.  They serenade us every morning.  Heck, they trot across the yard regularly, as do the deer.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #279 - 04/11/17 at 09:30:52

No problem - just put some meat over by MM's bike! (It usually has some kind of road kill stuck to it anyhow).     Grin   Crazy Suicidal  Critters !   Grin  Grin

Some of the Coyotes around go 50-60 lbs and have been mistaken for deer at first glance.   I'd be braced for impact if I saw one of them in my path --- don't know if I'd want the front end collapsed in breaking  when contact was made ???   ...   Hope I never find out ...

I ain't cooking it even if we do get one !  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #280 - 04/11/17 at 11:05:49

I'm with you MM, I don't think I want to eat one of those cute little canines.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #281 - 04/23/17 at 10:11:16

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION RIGHT UP TO THE GO DAY -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET COMPLETELY YET UNTIL IT IS OVER.     I am still plugging in names as people show interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is really going plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following items left in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a firm date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Lancer Oklahoma trip    extended to 19-28 May   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Springman,  Verslagen,  Justin,  Springman's BIL Steve,

Kickstand Lodge   June 13-18    Dave,  Oldfeller,  MM,  Stewmills,  RaleighGuy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGNOB5m5Ro&t=166s
http://kickstandlodge.com/rates.html
From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is one of the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.  

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver  Late July  NEED FIRM DATES   Verslagen,  Springman,  old.indian, Thumperclone

MM's farm     Sept 8, 9 & 10    MM,  Oldfeller,  Dave,  Lancer,  StewMills

And here is a tool to use in locating some no cost camping when travelling to get to the rides:

https://freecampsites.net

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #282 - 05/03/17 at 21:15:20

I was just looking at Robbinsville weather for next week .

Anybody interested in visiting Shanteea lake campground next Monday and Tuesday , ride in Monday - ride home Wednesday .

If it don't look good there is always the Dragon Campground (we know its nice).

I'm talking cot and sleeping bag inside a 8 x 10 tent.  nothing fancy , maybe a 1/2 axe or two.

« Last Edit: 05/04/17 at 16:44:58 by MMRanch »  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #283 - 05/04/17 at 02:54:44

MM.....I can't yet go on weekdays - that pesky work schedule gets in the way.  When you plan these events for weekdays with very short notice you really limit the ability for us working folks to attend.

I checked the web site and facebook for the Kickstand Lodge - I don't see anything that shows they are open for business yet this year.  Their bunkhouse is $15 a night (each).....and I bet it is much warmer/drier than sleeping in a tent.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/month/334849?monyr=5/0...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #284 - 05/04/17 at 11:09:57

Sorry,  I got 12 hour work days scheduled all this weekend due to Graduation, followed by full weeks for the next little bit due to people taking summer vacation.  

Dept. is short a person right now and is not being allowed to do any overtime or to hire another person.   So we spread thin and do more work in the allotted hours ......

We got the Kickstand trip coming up next month and I do have the  time off already laid out for it.   I figure that we can ride by Santeetlah during those day trips to check it out.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 00:26:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2017

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.