Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 61
Send Topic Print
Android/Chrome/Fuchsia vs Windows/Polaris (Read 15390 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Android vs Windows 10
Reply #90 - 03/16/16 at 16:40:13

https://boot13.com/windows/windows-7/microsoft-breaks-windows-update-to-get-you-
to-upgrade-to-windows-10/

Microsoft breaking Windows 7 & 8 so you’ll upgrade to Windows 10

In the couple of months since the release of Windows 10, there have been plenty of reports of strange, unexpected, and unwanted behaviour on Windows 7 and 8.x computers. At least one high profile writer dismissed these reports, but recanted after witnessing the behaviour themselves.

I ran into one such problem yesterday when I tried to install October’s Patch Tuesday updates on my Windows 7 computer. Although auto updates are disabled on that computer, I had previously decided to install all updates flagged as ‘Important’. The idea was to see what happened if I allowed Microsoft to push whatever they wanted to that computer, putting myself into the same situation as most typical users.

The first thing I noticed was the ‘Get Windows 10’ icon that started appearing in the notification area. At the time, I provided instructions for uninstalling the update that caused this icon to appear, and did that myself as well. But the icon – and the update that enables it – kept appearing. Even ‘hiding’ the update (KB3035583) in Windows Update could not prevent the darned thing from reappearing.

Fast forward to yesterday, and when I tried to install updates on that Windows 7 PC, I was able to check for updates, and see the pending updates, but there was no way to install them! Instead, all I could see was a panel urging me to upgrade to Windows 10 and a ‘Get Started’ button.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #91 - 03/17/16 at 12:16:47

http://mspoweruser.com/microsofts-windows-10-mobile-rollout-unfunny-joke/

This is not me saying this:   it is MSPowerUser.com saying this.     MS's own press corps is getting VERY FRUSTRATED with MS of late ..... yes indeedy.

"Lets start with some dates. Windows 10 was announced in September 2014. Windows 10 for Phones was announced in January 2015. Windows 10 for PCs and tablets was released July 2015. Windows 10 Mobile was released on new devices November 2015. Its been over a year since Windows 10 Mobile was announced, and a bit under a year and a half since Windows 10 itself was announced. Right now it is March, 2016 .... yet Windows 10 Mobile has still not been released for pre-existing mobile phones, including devices like the Lumia 640 and 540 which Microsoft sold with an express promise to update to Windows 10 Mobile.

The first major issue with this is perhaps the most obvious one. There have been no updates to mobile devices running Windows  8.1 to bring them up to Windows 10 Mobile. You may say “duh”, but this is indeed a problem. Microsoft has promised to update these devices to Windows 10 Mobile, they have made an express promise to release an update to all devices running Windows 8.1 (later whittled down to all devices with 8 GB and on Lumia Denim or equivalent) and they have failed to deliver. Let’s close our eyes and ignore the technical issue of whether Windows 10 Mobile is “ready” or not for now, that’s neither here nor there. The fact is, it has taken Microsoft over a year to deliver a promised update to its own mobile devices. Lest we forget, that update was used as a selling point of some Lumia devices and those Lumia devices have already received (comparatively inferior) successors.

Sure one might conclude that perhaps Windows 8.1 remains a good experience for Windows phone users over 10 Mobile, and that is arguable. While Windows 10 Mobile is still full of rough edges and puzzling design decisions, Microsoft (and other ISVs) has refocused all its efforts on mobile Windows on Windows 10 Mobile. This means that things on Windows Phone 8.1 are liable to break at any moment and the only fix to be offered will be to update to Windows 10 for newer apps and bug fixes.

As a further consequence of Microsoft focusing all of its efforts on Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 8.1 for phones has been neglected by Microsoft in terms of both app updates and feature updates. An app that demonstrably highlights this is Xbox Music – by Microsoft. Once a selling point of Windows Phone, this app quickly became a shadow of its former self in Windows 8.1 and was put on a bi-weekly update schedule. Microsoft eventually stopped updating the app and promised to focus on the Windows 10 version of the app. This means, that for over a year, the main music app/service for Windows 8.1 devices has gone untouched, and is fact still being called Xbox Music despite the fact that Microsoft renamed it as Groove over 9 months ago.

Another example of how the Windows 8.1 experience has been diminished can be seen in the Windows store. If one were to open the Windows store on Windows 8.1 (PC/Phone ), several app listings now appear glitch or buggy either lacking hero images, or having bugged out app info. We initially reported this as a glitch with Microsoft’s ongoing merger with the PC and phone stores months ago, but the experience has yet to be fixed and is still broken till this day.

Aside from that, many of Microsoft’s new apps and services launch on Windows 10 Mobile – if on Windows on phones at all. Windows Phone 8.1 is abandonware at this point, with just the Windows 10 update needing to bring it back to relevance.

There’s also the issue of Microsoft’s carrier and manufacturer partners selling Windows 8.1 phones with promised updates to Windows 10 Mobile in the near future. Blu and Yezz were Microsoft’s partners with Windows 8.1 phones in the past, now these companies are nowhere to be seen with Windows 10 phones, despite having Android phones on the market. Many of their previous phones will not receive the Windows 10 update due to Microsoft dragging their feet and making it financially unviable to do so. Surely it is clear that the process of making and releasing a new update – especially one that unifies operating systems – is no small task.

But Microsoft has done it before, and not just Microsoft. Apple and Google have also gone through 2 iterations of their flagship mobile OSes (with insider previews/public betas natch) while Microsoft has been struggling with producing and releasing just one. We can discuss in circles all day about whether Microsoft bit off more than they could chew, whether Windows 10 Mobile is a million times more complex than any other mobile operating system which has come before, and whether I’m being unfair. However, I’m not looking at the intent nor am I looking at the effort, I’m taking a look at results and so far, we have nothing worth writing home about aside from promises of this and that feature coming soon.

Even if Microsoft releases Windows 10 Mobile today, then Windows Phone 8.1 are simply shuttled from one partially broken system to another."

NOW HEAR THIS ----- MS IS SUPPOSED TO BE SHIPPING A PHONE OS BUILD OF WIN 10 FOR ONLY 22 SELECT MODELS OUT OVER THE AIRWAVES TODAY.

Curious minds want to try to  keep count of all the bricked phones of all the other people with OTHER phones which get this update accidentally (since MS has shown it has no clue how to control or limit upgrades by recognizing which phone model yours actually is)

BTW   ......    MS never took care of all those BLU phones they scrapped out early on.

Anybody want to volunteer for this round of MS Beta Testing?

If not, then turn your phone off for the next couple of days (or until the screaming stops).

Undecided

BREAKING NEWS:   Update disaster beginning to unfold --- MS Recommends Caution

Phones eligible for the upgrade include:

Lumia 430, 435, 532, 535, 540, 635 1GB, 636 1GB, 638 1GB, 640, 64) XL, 730, 735, 830, 930, 1520
BLU Win HD W510u and Win HD LTE x150q
MCJ Madosma Q501

Tongue

Microsoft recommends downloading the Update Advisor app and running it on your phone before deciding whether to install Windows 10 on any older phone.

« Last Edit: 03/21/16 at 19:54:43 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #92 - 03/17/16 at 12:52:50

http://betanews.com/2016/02/02/microsoft-forcing-windows-10-onto-people-is-wr...

Beta News says that Microsoft forcing Windows 10 onto people is wrong

"People allow Microsoft to install recommended updates because they trust the company to keep their PCs safe by installing bug and security fixes automatically. They don’t -- and rightly so -- expect the software giant to download a massive 3.5GB+ file in the background and then attempt to change the operating system they use -- the operating system they paid good money for -- into something entirely different.

Sure you can cancel the upgrade when it starts, but if a user is in the middle of an important task, and they see a popup announcing something is happening with their PC, there’s a good chance they’ll just click OK and then find themselves waiting for an installation they didn’t actually want to complete before they can go back to whatever it was they were doing, except in a different operating system.

Forcing Windows 10 on to people like this is frankly despicable behavior. Just because Microsoft has made Windows 10 free doesn’t excuse it. This is not an incremental change -- like when Apple updates iOS -- the difference between Windows 7 and Windows 10 is huge, and not all of the changes are for the better. Enjoying using Media Center? Yeah, we've taken it away.

Imagine if other companies behaved like that? If Amazon decided to swap the book you chose and paid for, for another book without your say so. "It’s new, it’s free!" Yes, but it’s also not the book I wanted or bought."

Yeah, and the graphics driver that makes your screen go just got deleted because MS didn't create them and your screen just crapped out on you big time, and you audio driver just pooped on you as well.   Same reason -- "unapproved software and drivers" -- deleted.

Heck, around 5-10% of the oldest machines won't even be able to restart at the end of this Win 10 fiasco "upgrade".

Embarrassed

« Last Edit: 03/18/16 at 19:55:55 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #93 - 03/17/16 at 14:31:44

Yup, and MS is failing miserably on their "1 billion PCs" thing, failing miserably.   12.82% of all machines isn't racking up to be their "1 billion PCs" any time soon, if ever.

What is especially bad is that if they continue to force it with the drivers situation being the way it actually is right now, then  MS will actually break more Win 7 machines totally and irrevocably than have ever been sold as new brand Win 10 machines ---- period.     How's that for a statistic?

TOTAL MARKET SHARE

Market Share of Windows 7 Windows 7                 52.34%
Market Share of Windows 10 Windows 10             12.82%
Market Share of Windows XP Windows XP          11.24%
Market Share of Windows 8.1 Windows 8.1             9.83%
Market Share of Mac OS X 10.11 OS X 10.11        3.72%
Market Share of Windows 8 Windows 8                 2.43%
Market Share of Mac OS X 10.10 OS X 10.10       2.20%
Market Share of Linux Linux                                    1.78%
Market Share of Windows Vista Windows Vista      1.66%
Market Share of Mac OS X 10.9 Mac OS X 10.9      0.87%
Market Share of Mac OS X 10.6 Mac OS X 10.6      0.34%
Market Share of Mac OS X 10.8 Mac OS X 10.8      0.28%
Market Share of Mac OS X 10.7 Mac OS X 10.7      0.28%
Market Share of Windows NT Windows NT              0.12%
Market Share of Mac OS X 10.5 Mac OS X 10.5      0.05%
Market Share of Mac OS X 10.4 Mac OS X 10.4      0.02%
Market Share of Windows 2000 Windows 2000       0.01%
Market Share of Windows 98 Windows 98               0.01%

Somewhere between 8% and 10% of Windows 7 users hit relatively major "unrecoverable" drivers errors --- errors where MS's approved generic drivers simply do not get the job done well enough but it will allow the machine to boot.   A smaller percentage 1-3% have drivers issues that will not reboot after installation --- if these folks are quick they can roll back right then but will find that they KEEP the new Win 10 generic drivers as that is all that is approved by the drivers checking functions MS has created and installed automatically (that check your divers every time you update anything).

Embarrassed                   The "drivers mess" is what actually builds the walls of the walled garden effect, you are either inside the garden and FIRMLY AGREE to be totally controlled by MS, or you are locked outside of the garden walls and your machine will die from multiple drivers issues soon enough.        

People are awaiting for very the first human death to take place due to this shite, as MS runs heart / lung and dialysis machines all over the place.    Mebbe not death related, but banking and Wall Street run on machines that may drop like flies due to "upgrade" issues.  

MS is cruising for a massive bruising soon enough ......

« Last Edit: 03/21/16 at 19:55:42 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #94 - 03/18/16 at 07:55:29

http://liliputing.com/2016/03/motorolas-rick-osterloh-steps-amid-lenovo-restr...

Motorola’s Rick Osterloh steps down amid Lenovo restructuring

Rick Osterloh has been president and chief operating officer of Motorola Mobility since Lenovo acquired the company in 2014, and he was a vice president at the company before that.

Now Osterloh is stepping down as Lenovo reorganizes its PC, data center, and mobile businesses.

Motorola does not exist any more -- it is just a Lenovo brand name to be pasted on to various Lenovo phones that do not have the old Google/Motorola goodness inside them any longer.    Buyer Beware !!!!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #95 - 03/18/16 at 19:48:08

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/10/06/microsofts-retail-store-chain-floun...

A picture is worth 1000 words ....... two Microsofts sandwiching an Apple

Hasn't MS figured out they can't sell their substandard functioning stuff way up there at Apple prices?

No-one is up for paying more at the MS store when the local Best Buy sells it for far less every day of the week........  and if you can wait 6 months Best Buy will have it on "dump off" fire sale pricing too.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #96 - 03/20/16 at 18:04:29

I mentioned that my Catalyst Radeon drivers for my AMD video card got deleted off my machine, care of MS's midnight "upgrade" BS a while back.

Getting them back on the machine so they would STAY was tougher than you would think -- involved a long series of Linux terminal scripts that put the stuff back in a way MS can't touch it because it isn't a driver any more, it is discrete OS instructions on how to boot the machine.

It still isn't as complete or as nice as the AMD Catalyst driver for Radeon cards used to be -- you could adjust anything inside that Catalyst driver, anything you wanted so a game would look good and perform well.   I miss my Catalyst driver, I do.

MS, your BS isn't appreciated -- go flog yourself.

« Last Edit: 03/21/16 at 19:57:30 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #97 - 03/20/16 at 18:35:25

YEAH, (Sneering, menacingly)
What he said.
Nyeahh..like that, you bums.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #98 - 03/20/16 at 19:05:40

A couple of funny things from Computer Illiteracy Inc, The other day I tried to print some stuff in B/W and the printer was telling me to consult the handbook as there was an issue with the colour cartridge, I removed the colour cartridge, did my printing and put the colour cartridge back in. I then printed a picture in colour with no issues, and no demand to align the cartridges. The same thing has happened twice although I've yet to print in colour again.
Like most people I get MP4 thingys attached to emails, every time I go to open one a window pops up asking if I want Windows Media player to be the default player. I thought it already was, I brought my current Win 7 computer in 2010 and have never had this issue. I have stopped watch MP4 thingys as I'm wondering if these requests about media player are an excuse to shovel Win 10 in through some side door, because I turn any request to get Windows 10 off as soon as they appear.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #99 - 03/21/16 at 19:50:00

http://liliputing.com/2016/03/android-ns-experimental-freeform-window-mode-tu...

Google advances multi-window in Android O to full free floating adjustable windows.

It is slow, but it is getting there by Android N most likely.   Until then, just use Jide Remix OS for free if you want an Android PC.

Android as a phone/PC is coming on slowly as well -- needs widespread use of type C connector for the higher required power exchanges and it needs at least 2 megs of systems memory.

===========================================

So much for Android as an OS making slow but visible steady progress -- How About Microsoft?

To do the MS Phone/PC Convergence you have to be running Windows 10 on your CAREFULLY SELECTED phone and spend $179 extra for a "conversion module" and then you can only run Special Apps called Universal "conversion" apps, which are few and far between.

http://www.thebitbag.com/microsoft-windows-10-upgrade-will-not-be-available-f...

Microsoft Lied; Not All Windows Phones Will Get Windows 10 OS Upgrade

Microsoft previously promised Windows 10 for all Windows smartphone users, but now the company is apparently not going to deliver on its promise, which has made Windows phone users angry.

A recent tweet by AdDuplex Founder and CEO Alan Mendelevich states that nearly 50 percent of Windows smartphones will not be getting the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade anytime soon. The interesting thing about the AdDuplex report is that the company reportedly took into account the number of active Windows phone users when it mentioned the 50 percent. Microsoft initially said that the company will try to reach more smartphones with Windows 10, but if the AdDuplex report is something to go by, many handsets will not receive the latest Windows version anytime soon.

Balancing it all out -- Jide Remix OS for your phone/PC is available for free, or comes with a puck like device (CPU and GPU COMPLETE) for $79.  It runs on any phone with a modern 64 bit Android processor and if the phone packs two gigs of systems memory and a full power type C connector.  

Jide has 2 other competitors now, plus Android is blending the tricks into Android over the next few releases.   Google is not hurrying, because MS is making a right mess out of Windows 10 on phones right now, so there is no competition to make them speed up any at all.

Ubuntu is out now, both on a phone and a tablet that can do the Convergence trick (and Ubuntu has been able to do it for 5 years now).

Most mid-to-upper primo range Android phones and all of the current Nexus phones are plenty strong enough now to dock it and show a big screen.     Samsung is now building 6 gig pop-on-top memory packages that can co-mount with most of the popular ARM processors, and when Mediatek does this 6 gig pop-on-top memory trick with their deca-cores they will have some LOWER COST powerful phones out next year fully able to do all the same tricks.

==========================================

So far in first quarter of 2016 nothing has changed much in the sales figures -- Chromebooks still sell well, Apple and Microsoft are not selling very much that isn't their very top end product.

Google is limp right now, they have Chromebooks that people are liking more and more and are finding that Chromebook's stronger popularity are stoppering some of their Android efforts to combine the two types of devices.  

Google does not wish to seem to be beating up on MS while MS is all embedded in messing themselves up right and left and up and down like they have been doing for the last year.  

Google feels that MS is bleeding enough market share (4-5% currently) their way without Google doing anything much to promote it.

Apple is losing some market share as well -- and seems to intend to do nothing much about it since Apple is all tangled up fighting with the FBI right now about hacking terrorists phones.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #100 - 03/21/16 at 20:20:46

Just seen on the news that yet another "smart phone" blew up on an aircraft in flight.

8" flames! no doubt  Shocked Shocked

Had to have the aircrew put it out with an extinguisher!

Guess how long it will be until we can't take our phones with us?

Gonna have to lock them up in an explosion proof locker as we board the aircraft. Angry Huh Tongue

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #101 - 03/23/16 at 01:34:47

It was a primo quality I Phone ..... not some cheap thing.     Lithium alloy batteries do some strange things sometimes -- some are chemical in nature and some seem to be more mysterious and more powerful little sorts of events.

8" momentary flames = chemical

melting through the hull and down into the concrete = mysterious & more powerful than chemical.

Lithium Ion batteries contain some of the stuff that could possibly go LENR under weird circumstances, but the events are very very far between.    People look askance at Lithium ion batteries in phones and tablets and laptops -- what will they think when a Tesla CAR BATTERY goes up on them?   Or, heaven forbid, a home Powerwall installation?  

Remember, a Tesla mega-battery uses laptop "widely produced" standard generic lithium ion cells, all stacked up together ......    Even a "chemical only" event on one of those stacks would be pretty powerful and would ruin a car or a home.

Things that get shorted or severely loaded happen to blow up most often (think of those power tool batteries and those skate board things that cooked off fairly regularly in years past)

This is all pretty new science after all.

« Last Edit: 03/24/16 at 16:13:38 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #102 - 03/26/16 at 03:50:55

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=...

Mud sticks: Microsoft, Windows 10 and reputational damage

It is an entire PAGE after PAGE of nothing but folks agreeing that MS has destroyed its reputation fairly completely at this point in time, that they have CONSISTENTLY LIED TO and invaded and coerced their customer base and MS WILL NEVER RECOVER from what they have done to themselves.

Most of these are forum sites, please do read some of the comment streams from the PRO-Windows sites -- they aren't exactly happy with MS right now either.

"But it is free" cuts no ice -- MS is plastered all over with icky stinky mud of its own making.

Biggest outrage comes from IT pro sites where they are COMPLETELY HACKED OFF that they pay big big bucks to control what happens inside their business and now MS is sticking GET WIN 10 pop ups and game ads into THEIR world ????   "But it is free" does not apply to these guys, they spend 10's of thousands of dollars per year and they are getting crapped on now, too.

Note please that the original writer of this article has put their finger on a very sore nerve that resonated strongly, very strongly with the rest of the world.

Can you say "turning point"?

MS saying they will give you $200 if your computer breaks in the upgrade (credit applied in the overpriced MS store, so it doesn't mean much since the machines cost $300 more than ordinary suppliers would charge on sale) isn't changing their image problem any at all -- it simply admits that MS Win 10 is expected to perhaps break your machine simply because the MS drivers are crap and MS knows this.

« Last Edit: 03/26/16 at 04:55:11 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #103 - 03/26/16 at 04:40:44

http://chromebookvswindows.com/

You can remember when I originally showed you this it was just an angry elementary school teacher having her say about MS lying about Chromebooks.

Well, it grew up some.  

Notice that people now feel perfectly justified in saying "MS lied ....."   This is not rude or abusive, it is just simply the case.  

MS will lie to you, routinely.   By misdirection, FUD or outright lying -- it doesn't matter any more.   MS's reputation is all set in stone now -- liars.  

What MS did with selling off all the big inventory of Win 8.1 MS Phones on the promise of  "Win 10 upgrade is coming next year"   is just plain outright lying out the ass, and folks realize that now.  

Win 10 is never coming to those phones and MS has cut off all support for Win 8.1 Mobile OS.   You were lied to to get you to buy a cut off,  years old obsoleted phone product directly from MS ......    Feel used any, huh?

See, I can say the magic words -- can you ?   MS lies out the ass.   "We will fix any BLU phone damaged in the Beta program"  Yep, right out the ass.

How about this one?    "Win 10 will never be forced upon you."

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #104 - 03/30/16 at 12:19:56

http://liliputing.com/2016/03/some-native-ubuntu-apps-coming-to-windows-10-fo...

And the worm, she turns .....

Ubuntu will be able to run on Win 10 off of Linux ready binaries and libraries that Canonical and MS have been working upon for the last six months.    correction .... MS has been working on for the last 2 days.

Supposedly.

What Does This Mean ?????    Since MS announced it as a big deal at their builders conference today WHO THE FRICK KNOWS ????

MS has been flat assed told by the developers at that conference that nobody in the development world wants to use their tools, or compile what they are creating on their MS software as a programming guys machine.  

To programmers, Win 10 sux with no relief in sight --- they use Ubuntu mostly as it is reliable and does not change every other night around "o" dark thirty.

This has driven MS nuts --- so they are attempting to allow programmers to run Ubuntu "natively" on a Win 10 machine by compiling all the programming tools using fake Linux windows calls.   Sounds like a built to be buggy mess, huh?

I don't think MS listened to a word the boys had to say.

Canonical hasn't said anything, so it may all be a very one sided MS wet dream at this stage of things.

HOWEVER, Canonical --- ALWAYS remember what happens to those who get into bed with MS (even accidentally)  ..... they get screwed over and bankrupted.   And their software gets appropriated .....

« Last Edit: 03/30/16 at 15:57:45 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 61
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 07:47:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › Android/Chrome/Fuchsia vs Windows/Polaris

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.